Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: 2010s (Results), Animation (Jul 21st), 1974 awards (Jul 23rd), 1942 (Jul 27th)
Challenges: Low rating, Mystery/Suspense/Thriller, Benelux
Film of the Week: Spiegel van Holland, August nominations (Jul 26th)

Letterboxd

tommy_leazaq
Donator

Letterboxd

Post by tommy_leazaq » February 16th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Is there any limit to the number of films in the Letterboxd lists. I tried to to import a IMDb list if 3900 titles. first batch of 1900 titles got loaded. But when I tried to load the second batch, I'm getting an error page with 2001 screenshot.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » February 16th, 2017, 6:28 pm

tommy_leazaq on Feb 16 2017, 10:49:28 AM wrote:Is there any limit to the number of films in the Letterboxd lists. I tried to to import a IMDb list if 3900 titles. first batch of 1900 titles got loaded. But when I tried to load the second batch, I'm getting an error page with 2001 screenshot.
Is there a maximum list size?

Due to a limitation in one of our frameworks, the editing page for a list is only able to support 3,300 items. You can create larger lists by adding films directly from their own page, however you won’t be able to open such lists for editing.

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 17th, 2017, 1:29 am

After 7-8 years of regular use, I've decided to migrate from IMDb to Letterboxd.

I've known about Letterboxd for a while, but I saw no point in having two profiles on two sites for rating films so I was just an occasional lurker. I still agree with that sentiment, only now I've decided....Letterboxd is the better choice. It can do everything imdb can but with superior functionality (especially with lists and reviews, since those changes), it looks nice, it has opportunities for interaction, and overall the users are more serious about film. Comparing this to how soulless imdb has become, it suddenly felt like a no-brainer.

For anyone interested, it's still free to import all your ratings from imdb. My 3000+ ratings were added in about 5 minutes, really painless.

The only thing that's annoying me so far: why oh why is it called Letterboxd? What does that have to do with film? It's a really bad name.
Last edited by flaiky on December 17th, 2017, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

RBG

Post by RBG » December 17th, 2017, 1:32 am

letterboxed is what it's called when you watch movies on tv in the original aspect ratio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterbox ... lming[/url)

i remember people complaining about those black bars on DVDs and zooming in to get rid of them! this way part of the image is cut off on each side! thus letterboxd is for people who care enough about films to want to see it in it's intended form :) these days with widescreen tvs it isn't such an issue so it's not a term you hear often
Last edited by RBG on December 17th, 2017, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 17th, 2017, 1:41 am

RBG on Dec 16 2017, 06:32:52 PM wrote:letterboxed is what it's called when you watch movies on tv in the original aspect ratio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterbox ... lming[/url)

i remember people complaining about those black bars on DVDs and zooming in to get rid of them! this way part of the image is cut off on each side! thus letterboxd is for people who care enough about films to want to see it in it's intended form :) these days with widescreen tvs it isn't such an issue
Ah okay, thanks.

But to be honest, I still think it's a rubbish name. :whistling:
Last edited by flaiky on December 17th, 2017, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let the ashes fly

RBG

Post by RBG » December 17th, 2017, 1:44 am

it's better than mubi :lol: we never did figure out what that one meant. sounds like a 2 yr old. i wanna watch mubi
Last edited by RBG on December 17th, 2017, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

Perception de Ambiguity

Post by Perception de Ambiguity » December 17th, 2017, 2:43 am

flaiky on Dec 16 2017, 06:29:24 PM wrote:After 7-8 years of regular use, I've decided to migrate from IMDb to Letterboxd.

I've known about Letterboxd for a while, but I saw no point in having two profiles on two sites for rating films so I was just an occasional lurker. I still agree with that sentiment, only now I've decided....Letterboxd is the better choice. It can do everything imdb can but with superior functionality (especially with lists and reviews, since those changes), it looks nice, it has opportunities for interaction, and overall the users are more serious about film. Comparing this to how soulless imdb has become, it suddenly felt like a no-brainer.

For anyone interested, it's still free to import all your ratings from imdb. My 3000+ ratings were added in about 5 minutes, really painless.

The only thing that's annoying me so far: why oh why is it called Letterboxd? What does that have to do with film? It's a really bad name.
With the direction IMDb is taking and especially the recent developments that makes the site's usefulness decline rapidly, letterboxd certainly is getting to look better each day as the primary platform to keep track of viewings to me. I actually meant to ask if we could implement letterboxd lists to submit for the various iCM Forum polls in the future, considering that lists were always easier and quicker to make on letterboxd, but now even more so. Aside from this iCM polls factor at the moment, letterboxd unfortunately also lacks a lot of information about the films, and the usefulness that comes with this information in IMDb's Advanced Title Search is maybe the only thing that still makes IMDb my primary source.
Last edited by Perception de Ambiguity on December 17th, 2017, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
dream realityImage
LETTERBOXD | MUBI | IMDb | tumblr.

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » December 17th, 2017, 3:20 am

I can't import my ratings to Letterboxed

413 Request Entity Too Large

This is why I just never moved over.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » December 17th, 2017, 3:30 am

I have still not used Letterboxd. Looked at years ago when it started and briefly today. I'll keep using IMDb/iCM for now.

Time for an unofficial Letterboxd forum? :whistling:

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » December 17th, 2017, 4:06 am

blueboybob on Dec 16 2017, 08:20:08 PM wrote:I can't import my ratings to Letterboxed

You can import custom CSVs as long as you label the columns correctly: https://letterboxd.com/about/importing-data/
You'll probably have to split your ratings into several dozen csvs though. I think the limit is like 1500 or 2000 or something like that.

Good_Will_Harding

Post by Good_Will_Harding » December 17th, 2017, 4:10 am

flaiky on Dec 16 2017, 06:29:24 PM wrote:After 7-8 years of regular use, I've decided to migrate from IMDb to Letterboxd.

I still use IMDB for ratings, but have slowly but surely been migrating more to Letterboxd ever since the boards got scrubbed. And now with their latest changes to the list functions and the vote history pages, I've been moving all of my lists over there and will probably delete most of mine from IMDB. The community of users can be a bit much at times (the pendulum swings between smug elitism or overly-jokey and not taking anything seriously), but the overall environment is more welcoming and serious-minded than the IMDB boards ever were.

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » December 17th, 2017, 4:24 am

blueboybob on Dec 16 2017, 08:20:08 PM wrote:I can't import my ratings to Letterboxed

You need to cut your csv file into bits of 2000 titles (or less). It's pretty easy - unless you're blueboybob and checked/rated like a gazillion movies.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

monk-time

Post by monk-time » December 17th, 2017, 7:00 am

RBG on Dec 16 2017, 06:44:22 PM wrote:it's better than mubi :lol: we never did figure out what that one meant. sounds like a 2 yr old. i wanna watch mubi
It's the plural of the Latin word mubus - "flickering images formed by shadows on a blank wall", a primitive form of entertainment in the ancient world. Like the rest of Latin masculine second-declension nouns ending in -us, its plural is formed with -i, e.g. octopi or platypi.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

max-scl

Post by max-scl » December 17th, 2017, 7:16 am

I find Letterboxd too ugly, they way they handle the movie posters especially (They do the same thing Netflix does). But I know not many people care about this.

RBG

Post by RBG » December 17th, 2017, 9:08 am

monk-time on Dec 17 2017, 12:00:20 AM wrote:
RBG on Dec 16 2017, 06:44:22 PM wrote:it's better than mubi :lol: we never did figure out what that one meant. sounds like a 2 yr old. i wanna watch mubi
It's the plural of the Latin word mubus - "flickering images formed by shadows on a blank wall", a primitive form of entertainment in the ancient world. Like the rest of Latin masculine second-declension nouns ending in -us, its plural is formed with -i, e.g. octopi or platypi.
thank you, that's the best explanation i've ever heard. people were very angry at the time and this would have soothed them considerably i think! it's a wonder those idiots never mentioned it. pretty sure you just made that up but it certainly sounds plausible

http://www.indiewire.com/2010/05/the-au ... bi-238706/
Last edited by RBG on December 17th, 2017, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

sebby

Post by sebby » December 17th, 2017, 9:27 am

I don't think I've ever even been on the letterboxed website. I already use IMDB, ICM, Criticker, and RYM to fulfill my film needs. Not sure what another site could offer that I'm missing out on.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 17th, 2017, 9:30 am

Perception de Ambiguity on Dec 16 2017, 07:43:36 PM wrote:With the direction IMDb is taking and especially the recent developments that makes the site's usefulness decline rapidly, letterboxd certainly is getting to look better each day as the primary platform to keep track of viewings to me. I actually meant to ask if we could implement letterboxd lists to submit for the various iCM Forum polls in the future, considering that lists were always easier and quicker to make on letterboxd, but now even more so. Aside from this facor, letterboxd unfortunately lacks a lot of information about the films, and the usefulness that comes with this information in IMDb's Advanced Title Search is maybe the only thing that still makes IMDb my primary source.
This is my wish too. My initial focus was primarily on TV, so I went with trakt.tv when choosing a TV/film rating site. I would really love to be able to build a list there and send it to the poll host in a format that can be read by the program.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » December 17th, 2017, 10:18 am

Does Letterboxd have pages for TV episodes that you can rate?

I'm using:
- IMDb: ratings for everything (features, shorts, episodes, etc...)
- iCM: checks for everything
- Criticker: missing episodes. I'm mostly using this to get stats (for example average rating by director)
- MovieMeter: missing shorts and episodes. I'm using this because ...... eh...... because beavis told me to, I guess.

The only reason for me to start using Letterboxd is to have a backup of all my ratings, because the other three sites I'm currently using don't save all my stats from IMDb. But for backup-purposes, I already download my IMDb-ratings now and then. So I'm not sure at this stage why I should start using Letterboxd.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 17th, 2017, 10:38 am

joachimt on Dec 17 2017, 03:18:05 AM wrote:Does Letterboxd have pages for TV episodes that you can rate?

I'm using:
- IMDb: ratings for everything (features, shorts, episodes, etc...)
- iCM: checks for everything
- Criticker: missing episodes. I'm mostly using this to get stats (for example average rating by director)
- MovieMeter: missing shorts and episodes. I'm using this because ...... eh...... because beavis told me to, I guess.

The only reason for me to start using Letterboxd is to have a backup of all my ratings, because the other three sites I'm currently using don't save all my stats from IMDb. But for backup-purposes, I already download my IMDb-ratings now and then. So I'm not sure at this stage why I should start using Letterboxd.
OK. I swear I'm not in any way affiliated with trakt.tv. But this is why I use that site:

- Ratings and watch counts for movies, TV series, TV episodes, shorts, etc.
- Built on themoviedb.org, which parallels IMDB and allows much easier ability to add/edit films
- Also allows you to rate seasons of TV series
- Unlimited(ish) lists

I've found a few things on ICM that are not on trakt, and a few things on trakt that are not on ICM. In both cases, it was pretty easy to get the missing entries added.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » December 17th, 2017, 10:50 am

maxwelldeux on Dec 17 2017, 03:38:53 AM wrote:I've found a few things on ICM that are not on trakt, and a few things on trakt that are not on ICM. In both cases, it was pretty easy to get the missing entries added.
This is pretty important to me.
ICM-profile

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 17th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Perception de Ambiguity on Dec 16 2017, 07:43:36 PM wrote:With the direction IMDb is taking and especially the recent developments that makes the site's usefulness decline rapidly, letterboxd certainly is getting to look better each day as the primary platform to keep track of viewings to me. I actually meant to ask if we could implement letterboxd lists to submit for the various iCM Forum polls in the future, considering that lists were always easier and quicker to make on letterboxd, but now even more so. Aside from this iCM polls factor at the moment, letterboxd unfortunately also lacks a lot of information about the films, and the usefulness that comes with this information in IMDb's Advanced Title Search is maybe the only thing that still makes IMDb my primary source.
Letterboxd provides less specific detail about the films, but it gives the essentials and it's easy to click into the imdb link if needed so I don't mind that. As for the searching functions, I was worried about that myself but I found that it does pretty much everything I need, hence why I feel comfortable using it as my primary site. It's very easy to find the films you've seen from a certain year, director, actor, genre, or country, and personally that's the main thing I need to search by. It has a "tag" function as well, which works similarly to "key words". Of course, if you're wanting to narrow a search to include several of these things then imdb is better. But I wouldn't be surprised if Letterboxd gets a more powerful search tool in the future, as it gets more popular.

Totally agree about making the lists work with the polls here. I'm going to inquire.
Let the ashes fly

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 17th, 2017, 4:09 pm

Knaldskalle on Dec 16 2017, 09:24:45 PM wrote:

You need to cut your csv file into bits of 2000 titles (or less). It's pretty easy - unless you're blueboybob and checked/rated like a gazillion movies.
I accidentally imported all 3400 of my ratings at once (I forgot to save the version I had split) and it coped fine, despite saying 1900 was the maximum.

But yeah, anyone with much more than this would probably need to split their ratings into several files. Still not too difficult or time consuming though.
Let the ashes fly

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 17th, 2017, 4:13 pm

sebby on Dec 17 2017, 02:27:02 AM wrote:I don't think I've ever even been on the letterboxed website. I already use IMDB, ICM, Criticker, and RYM to fulfill my film needs. Not sure what another site could offer that I'm missing out on.
Letterboxd has much more of a social, interactive element but that may not be important to you. That would be the only reason really if you continue using IMDB etc, but personally I'm just going to stop using IMDB (other than for TV ratings).
Let the ashes fly

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » December 17th, 2017, 4:34 pm

AdamH on Dec 16 2017, 08:30:43 PM wrote:I have still not used Letterboxd. Looked at years ago when it started and briefly today. I'll keep using IMDb/iCM for now.

Time for an unofficial Letterboxd forum? :whistling:
On a serious note, I do think we could do more to try to attract people from other list websites. We are the "icmforum" but that doesn't really mean much. iCM is obviously integral to the site but bringing in all of the former IMDb forumers has had a very positive impact.

Would be good to find a way to get more people posting here from other film list-type websites as well. With the decline in film forums (IMDb forum gone, I think the MUBI one closed down ages ago as well? Probably others too), we might have a chance to attract users who prefer the traditional forum format to the modern trend of one sentence social media comments on films.

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » December 17th, 2017, 5:29 pm

flaiky on Dec 17 2017, 09:13:24 AM wrote:
sebby on Dec 17 2017, 02:27:02 AM wrote:I don't think I've ever even been on the letterboxed website. I already use IMDB, ICM, Criticker, and RYM to fulfill my film needs. Not sure what another site could offer that I'm missing out on.
Letterboxd has much more of a social, interactive element but that may not be important to you. That would be the only reason really if you continue using IMDB etc, but personally I'm just going to stop using IMDB (other than for TV ratings).
Does letterboxd include episodes from anthology series if they exclude tv episodes? I know those are pretty important to many folks here.

One thing LB does allow that I think is interesting is that when you mark a film seen, you can mark the specific date it was, and you can mark if it was a rewatch. So you could (re)construct your viewing history if you wanted to have it somewhere online, and if you forget to check/rate a film right when you see it, you could still have it display the date correctly.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » December 17th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Letterboxd functions as a kind of facebook for movies, it isn't really a list website though it has lists, and its social component is obtuse in that it's hard to find others unless the movie has very few reviews or you already have a user favourited. I'm sure there are users there who would fit in well here, but I'm not sure there's an obvious way to recruit them

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » December 17th, 2017, 5:30 pm

I might be leaning the same direction. After the forums disappear the only thing that makes iMDB useful is as a catalogue of ratings, with a pretty great advanced title search (which makes it really easy to create lists, or find new films).

In the past Letterboxed did not have that function, but never checked after it was launched. This would remove the biggest pain.

Do you know if it has a similar or better title search on letterboxd? (One issue is adding new films though, you need to register to an entirely different database - looked into it differently, though the site has improved it is still missing films).

Too bad the website that gave you recommendations based on what people with similar ratings thought never kicked of, or rather was left without improvements. Don't even remember its name.
Last edited by St. Gloede on December 17th, 2017, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » December 17th, 2017, 5:33 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Dec 16 2017, 09:06:04 PM wrote:

You can import custom CSVs as long as you label the columns correctly: https://letterboxd.com/about/importing-data/
You'll probably have to split your ratings into several dozen csvs though. I think the limit is like 1500 or 2000 or something like that.
Damn, that is horrible.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » December 17th, 2017, 5:33 pm

St. Gloede on Dec 17 2017, 10:30:21 AM wrote:Too bad the website that gave you recommendations based on what people with similar ratings thought never kicked off. Don't even remember its name.
Criticker is fine and functional, they just never went the flashy web design venture capital money route letterboxd. You can still get really good recommendations and read short reviews by other users, and discoverability is much better than on letterboxd.

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » December 17th, 2017, 5:44 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Dec 17 2017, 10:33:05 AM wrote:
St. Gloede on Dec 17 2017, 10:30:21 AM wrote:Too bad the website that gave you recommendations based on what people with similar ratings thought never kicked off. Don't even remember its name.
Criticker is fine and functional, they just never went the flashy web design venture capital money route letterboxd. You can still get really good recommendations and read short reviews by other users, and discoverability is much better than on letterboxd.
Yes, that is the site, thanks. Stopped using it when I wanted to reupload my ratings, but lost everything - probably the same error as Letterboxd. (I also hated how it would change my imported ratings, rather that 9 being 90 it would be a "random" number.

Always found it more useful than Letterboxed, which I currently just use for its pretty lists.

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » December 17th, 2017, 5:55 pm

Imagine if someone did an imdb, with an even better search (additions and not just specifications, I.e. being able to search for films from all versions of Germany at the same time), the comparisons, suggestions and averages of Criticker, the look of Letterboxd, the list overview and sorting of ICM and a better way of splitting TV episodes (stopped rating them, but would prefer to) from films.

It would be near perfection.

monk-time

Post by monk-time » December 17th, 2017, 6:05 pm

St. Gloede on Dec 17 2017, 10:55:29 AM wrote:being able to search for films from all versions of Germany at the same time
HRE cinema is the best cinema.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 17th, 2017, 6:06 pm

St. Gloede on Dec 17 2017, 10:30:21 AM wrote:Do you know if it has a similar or better title search on letterboxd? (One issue is adding new films though, you need to register to an entirely different database - looked into it differently, though the site has improved it is still missing films).
It doesn't have any sort of "advanced search", but as I mentioned above - you simply click on an actor/director/country/genre/year/keyword/language, etc, and you'll get a display that you can easily sort and refine with multiple options. It does everything I personally want, and actually I prefer it to the IMDB method.

As for adding a new film - I actually did that this morning, and it wasn't too annoying. I had to:
- Create an account on TMDB (very easy, just a user name and email, then quickly verify the email)
- Added the film to TMDB, just by giving the title and other basic details (much quicker than doing it on IMDB)
- In the FAQs, Letterboxd explains how to instantly add this to their database, which is essentially just pasting a link with the correct TMDB number.

I think I had it on Ltbxd within 10 minutes.

To the person who asked if they include episodes for anthologies - I just checked if The Decalogue is broken up into parts, and it is. So I think the answer is yes.
Let the ashes fly

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » December 17th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Yep, I prefer criticker over letterboxd, much cleaner interface, not a fan of flashy designs, prefer minimalist approach.

flaiky

Post by flaiky » December 17th, 2017, 9:08 pm

bal3x on Dec 17 2017, 02:00:35 PM wrote:
Yep, I prefer criticker over letterboxd, much cleaner interface, not a fan of flashy designs, prefer minimalist approach.
I don't know HOW anyone can rate a film out of 100, that would drive me bonkers..! But to each their own and all that jazz.
Let the ashes fly

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » December 17th, 2017, 9:15 pm

flaiky on Dec 17 2017, 02:08:37 PM wrote:
PeacefulAnarchy on Dec 17 2017, 10:33:05 AM wrote:Criticker is fine and functional, they just never went the flashy web design venture capital money route letterboxd. You can still get really good recommendations and read short reviews by other users, and discoverability is much better than on letterboxd.
I don't know HOW anyone can rate a film out of 100, that would drive me bonkers..! But to each their own and all that jazz.
You can use any scale on criticker. Rating out of 100 is fine once you get used to it, though.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » December 17th, 2017, 10:34 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Dec 17 2017, 10:29:59 AM wrote:Letterboxd functions as a kind of facebook for movies, it isn't really a list website though it has lists, and its social component is obtuse in that it's hard to find others unless the movie has very few reviews or you already have a user favourited. I'm sure there are users there who would fit in well here, but I'm not sure there's an obvious way to recruit them
Yeah, I'm not sure other than creating an "unofficial Letterboxd" forum but no point in having an extra forum. Only other option, I suppose, would be having a section for different sites on the forum (like iCM and Letterboxd) but I'm not sure we'd get enough activity in a Letterboxd section? We'd certainly get plenty in an iCM section.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » December 17th, 2017, 10:54 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Dec 17 2017, 10:33:05 AM wrote:Criticker is fine and functional, they just never went the flashy web design venture capital money route letterboxd. You can still get really good recommendations and read short reviews by other users, and discoverability is much better than on letterboxd.
I never rate anything on criticker, I only import IMDb ratings there BUT criticker has some advantages over both IMDb and iCM.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » December 17th, 2017, 11:23 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Dec 17 2017, 02:15:10 PM wrote:
bal3x on Dec 17 2017, 02:00:35 PM wrote:Yep, I prefer criticker over letterboxd, much cleaner interface, not a fan of flashy designs, prefer minimalist approach.
You can use any scale on criticker. Rating out of 100 is fine once you get used to it, though.
By importing to Criticker, my ratings from IMDb were automatically converted to 10, 20, 30 etc... Since then I never imported again, but I always rate new titles. When I rate a movie 6 on IMDb, I rate it 60 on Criticker. I never go between the tens. Lots of users do that, btw.
ICM-profile

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » December 17th, 2017, 11:35 pm

RBG on Dec 17 2017, 02:08:06 AM wrote:
monk-time on Dec 17 2017, 12:00:20 AM wrote:
thank you, that's the best explanation i've ever heard. people were very angry at the time and this would have soothed them considerably i think! it's a wonder those idiots never mentioned it. pretty sure you just made that up but it certainly sounds plausible

http://www.indiewire.com/2010/05/the-au ... bi-238706/
Or it's Japanese romaji for movie. You know how they don't traditionally have the V sound?
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo