Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

Letterboxd

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Re: Letterboxd

Post by GruesomeTwosome » August 5th, 2020, 7:04 pm

Hi Adam, you mentioned over on that latest podcast thread that you saw that someone had posted the 500<400 list on Letterboxd. Would you happen to have a link to this Letterboxd version of the 500<400 list?
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 5th, 2020, 7:08 pm

GruesomeTwosome wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 7:04 pm
Hi Adam, you mentioned over on that latest podcast thread that you saw that someone had posted the 500<400 list on Letterboxd. Would you happen to have a link to this Letterboxd version of the 500<400 list?
https://letterboxd.com/tripforbiscuits/ ... 0400-2020/

I'm going to add my own version to the icmforum account as well to keep all the lists in one place.

Harco
Donator

Post by Harco » August 5th, 2020, 7:30 pm

AdamH wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 6:50 pm
I've started adding the iCM lists to Letterboxd in an attempt to get some attention for the forum. Please like the lists if you get a chance: https://letterboxd.com/icmforum/lists/

Only added 1001 favourite movies plus decade lists so far but will add more.

I've very, very rarely used Letterboxd so if anyone knows how I can add the Das Boot mini-series to the 1980s list, please let me know.
Perhaps TMDb (Letterboxd’s data source) doesn’t differentiate between the mini-series and the film?
:ICM: | :letbxd:

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » August 5th, 2020, 7:36 pm

AdamH wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 7:08 pm
GruesomeTwosome wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 7:04 pm
https://letterboxd.com/tripforbiscuits/ ... 0400-2020/

I'm going to add my own version to the icmforum account as well to keep all the lists in one place.
Thank you! :cheers:

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 5th, 2020, 7:46 pm

Harco wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 7:30 pm
AdamH wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 6:50 pm
I've started adding the iCM lists to Letterboxd in an attempt to get some attention for the forum. Please like the lists if you get a chance: https://letterboxd.com/icmforum/lists/

Only added 1001 favourite movies plus decade lists so far but will add more.

I've very, very rarely used Letterboxd so if anyone knows how I can add the Das Boot mini-series to the 1980s list, please let me know.
Perhaps TMDb (Letterboxd’s data source) doesn’t differentiate between the mini-series and the film?
Yeah, that might well be the issue. Hopefully there's some way to resolve it as I don't really know anything about TMDb.

TraverseTown

Post by TraverseTown » August 5th, 2020, 10:47 pm

Letterboxd’s streaming filters have been a godsend since they upgraded them to the JustWatch partnership. Love being able to find where to watch a film instantly.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 9th, 2020, 11:00 am

Updated the Letterboxd iCMforum profile with a shiny new logo with help from mightysparks.

Be sure to follow us here: https://letterboxd.com/icmforum/ if you haven't already.

I feel like adding more forum lists to LB just because the process of adding them is so smooth.

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » August 10th, 2020, 4:48 pm

Good initiative because lists looks really neat in that format.
Top 250 | RYM | Letterboxd

Member of the Experimental Mafia | What's My Line? #1 Fan

galimx

Post by galimx » August 15th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Hello everyone,

My Letterboxd

Harco
Donator

Post by Harco » September 2nd, 2020, 10:51 am

Kinda annoyed with how the Letterboxd crew sometimes just deletes films without notice. Since I signed up, they've managed to delete three films/entries:

1. Patterson-Gimlin Film - which they reinstated after I sent them the following e-mail last November:
Can you please elaborate? It does not break any of the "rules" mentioned under the Film Data section of the Letterboxd FAQ (https://letterboxd.com/about/frequent-questions/).

Something like the Zapruder Film of Kennedy Assassination (https://letterboxd.com/film/zapruder-fi ... ssination/) apparently is allowed on Letterboxd. Both the Zapruder and the Patterson-Gimlin film can be classified as home movies and the authenticity of both films has been disputed over time. The Zapruder film was added to the National Film Registry in 1994 so of course it has deserved its status in film history and therefore an entry on Letterboxd. Though not added to the National Film Registry, the Patterson-Gimlin film also has earned its place in film history - just glance over the film's Wikipedia page to see to what length it has been discussed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson ... lm-related. It was even shown in theaters, as per the following quote from Wikipedia: "To obtain money to travel to Thailand, "Patterson called Ron, who had returned to ANE, and sold the company the theatrical rights to the clip for what Olson described as a pretty good sum of money."[132]"

I hope you can reconsider because the decision seems rather arbitrary now.
2. Prada: Candy (twice) - which I get, because it's a commercial.
3. Zapruder Film of Kennedy Assassination - seems to have been deleted very recently. I just sent them an e-mail for this one asking them to review their decision, based on the National Film Registry argument. Pretty ironic that it's the exact same film that I referred to in my mail regarding Patterson-Gimlin Film. If I'd referred back to the Patterson-Gimlin Film this time, they might just have reconsidered that one again as well. :P

Let's hope for the best. If they don't decide to reinstate it, I hope you guys can come up with some arguments.
Last edited by Harco on September 2nd, 2020, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » September 2nd, 2020, 1:26 pm

Harco wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 10:51 am
3. Zapruder Film of Kennedy Assassination - seems to have been deleted very recently. I just sent them an e-mail for this one asking them to review their decision, based on the National Film Registry argument. Pretty ironic that it's the exact same film that I referenced in my mail regarding Patterson-Gimlin Film. If I'd referred back to the Patterson-Gimlin Film this time, they may just have deleted that again as well. :P
I just checked Letterboxd regarding the Zapruder Film, and it looks like they must have recently put a new entry of it up on the site: https://letterboxd.com/film/zapruder-fi ... assinaton/.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

sol
Donator

Post by sol » September 2nd, 2020, 1:28 pm

There's even a list dedicated to the phenomena: https://letterboxd.com/kahlua_john/list ... from-tmdb/ :o
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

Harco
Donator

Post by Harco » September 2nd, 2020, 4:50 pm

Haha, nice!

Harco
Donator

Post by Harco » September 2nd, 2020, 4:56 pm

GruesomeTwosome wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 1:26 pm
Harco wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 10:51 am
3. Zapruder Film of Kennedy Assassination - seems to have been deleted very recently. I just sent them an e-mail for this one asking them to review their decision, based on the National Film Registry argument. Pretty ironic that it's the exact same film that I referenced in my mail regarding Patterson-Gimlin Film. If I'd referred back to the Patterson-Gimlin Film this time, they may just have deleted that again as well. :P
I just checked Letterboxd regarding the Zapruder Film, and it looks like they must have recently put a new entry of it up on the site: https://letterboxd.com/film/zapruder-fi ... assinaton/.
Must’ve been added after I posted, ‘cause I tried searching for it earlier today. I hope they reinstate the old page with all the old data, though!

Mothravka

Post by Mothravka » September 4th, 2020, 4:43 am

Letterboxd also has a very strange rule for adult films, it doesn't make any sense at all.

There has been an ongoing discussion about it for over five years, but they still haven't done anything about it. One of the big negative aspects of the site for me.

http://feedback.letterboxd.com/forums/1 ... d-as-adult

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » September 4th, 2020, 4:49 am

Deleting Prada Candy is going too far.

Minkin

Post by Minkin » September 8th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Is anybody else getting an absurd amount of ads on every page of Letterboxd? (even the profile page has ads).

I know they want us to signup for pro, but my goodness has it become intrusive. The last thing I want is to have an unskippable video play every time I load a page. If they don't fix this soon, we might have a good way to get people to shift over to ICM.

Also my Letterboxd is in my signature for those wanting to follow me!

Edit, not just me + adblock now seems to fix the problem

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » September 8th, 2020, 9:29 pm

I use an adblocker on almost everything. It's not because I want sites to suffer, but I find most of them overly intrusive and they're a security hazard these days ("drive-by malware" is a thing, just ask nytimes.com).
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » September 8th, 2020, 9:44 pm

I didn't mind paying for the Pro version. I'm not a fan of ads either, so when sites offer a way to bypass them I think it's only fair to support that.

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » September 17th, 2020, 7:13 am

Letterboxd just added a new tier for organizations. May be something you want to check out Adam, since you created an account for the forum there.