Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Der Wald vor lauter Bäumen, April nominations (Apr 1st)

Bug or MASSIVE IMDb change?

User avatar
LuxNatalis
Posts: 57
Joined: February 28th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:

#481

Post by LuxNatalis »

I'm using a 10-year old Mac and I'm not able to rate any films on Safari for the last year or so. I can only rate through Firefox. Everything's running smooth like a Swiss clock when I'm using my iPad though; so I guess that they're trying to make the site only tablet-friendly or mobile-friendly is correct.

But yes, the site is only getting worse day by day. And it's not only the abolition of the message boards.
User avatar
flaiky
Posts: 1463
Joined: February 4th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: London UK
Contact:

#482

Post by flaiky »

LuxNatalis on Jan 20 2018, 09:50:27 AM wrote:I'm using a 10-year old Mac and I'm not able to rate any films on Safari for the last year or so. I can only rate through Firefox. Everything's running smooth like a Swiss clock when I'm using my iPad though; so I guess that they're trying to make the site only tablet-friendly or mobile-friendly is correct.

But yes, the site is only getting worse day by day. And it's not only the abolition of the message boards.
Chant with me: "Let-ter-boxd! Ler-ter-boxd!"
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats
User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 5649
Joined: February 9th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#483

Post by OldAle1 »

flaiky on Jan 20 2018, 09:53:51 AM wrote:
LuxNatalis on Jan 20 2018, 09:50:27 AM wrote:I'm using a 10-year old Mac and I'm not able to rate any films on Safari for the last year or so. I can only rate through Firefox. Everything's running smooth like a Swiss clock when I'm using my iPad though; so I guess that they're trying to make the site only tablet-friendly or mobile-friendly is correct.

But yes, the site is only getting worse day by day. And it's not only the abolition of the message boards.
Chant with me: "Let-ter-boxd! Ler-ter-boxd!"
I tried exporting my ratings to LB back around the time IMDb shut down but it wouldn't let me do 8k ratings; if I remember rightly I'd have to pay for that privilege? Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet. But if there's a way to easily export ratings there without being premium (there are only so many sites I can pay for) I think it's time for me to try again. I still like the IMDb list format, even if it's more of a hassle, but I'm sure they're going to fuck that up even more soon, or just get rid of lists altogether. The site only seems to exist to promote blockbusters and Amazon content anymore so I'm not sure why they wouldn't get rid of lists and maybe even ratings before long. Everything the site used to be about is essentially unimportant to them now, if it hasn't already been removed.

Anyway it's working for me now on IE, which I normally don't use anymore. For the time being I guess I'll just put in the ratings that way.
Here's to the fools who dream.
User avatar
LuxNatalis
Posts: 57
Joined: February 28th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:

#484

Post by LuxNatalis »

Hmmm, Letterboxd looks nice, but I'm using enough movie sites already; There's IMDb, there's iCheckMovies and there's Criticker. Do they have a broad database like IMDb? IMDb sucks, but you can always find a 1954 obscure Greek movie with 8 votes there. Plus I'm reluctant to abandon it completely after using it for 17 years.
User avatar
Good_Will_Harding
Posts: 1016
Joined: February 19th, 2017, 7:00 am
Contact:

#485

Post by Good_Will_Harding »

Letterboxd is a great resource for list whores like myself, but the community over there - while certainly active and diverse in their tastes - can be fairly irritating at times, especially now around awards season. People seem to have a major boner for one-upping each other about who can come up with the most contrarian hot take of the season. But that said, it's interesting and different enough from IMDB on the whole, but I'm not ready to abandon IMDB in total just yet. Soon, though.
User avatar
bal3x
Donator
Posts: 13073
Joined: May 26th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#486

Post by bal3x »

OldAle1 on Jan 20 2018, 10:41:57 AM wrote:
flaiky on Jan 20 2018, 09:53:51 AM wrote:
LuxNatalis on Jan 20 2018, 09:50:27 AM wrote:I'm using a 10-year old Mac and I'm not able to rate any films on Safari for the last year or so. I can only rate through Firefox. Everything's running smooth like a Swiss clock when I'm using my iPad though; so I guess that they're trying to make the site only tablet-friendly or mobile-friendly is correct.

But yes, the site is only getting worse day by day. And it's not only the abolition of the message boards.
Chant with me: "Let-ter-boxd! Ler-ter-boxd!"
I tried exporting my ratings to LB back around the time IMDb shut down but it wouldn't let me do 8k ratings; if I remember rightly I'd have to pay for that privilege? Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet. But if there's a way to easily export ratings there without being premium (there are only so many sites I can pay for) I think it's time for me to try again. I still like the IMDb list format, even if it's more of a hassle, but I'm sure they're going to fuck that up even more soon, or just get rid of lists altogether. The site only seems to exist to promote blockbusters and Amazon content anymore so I'm not sure why they wouldn't get rid of lists and maybe even ratings before long. Everything the site used to be about is essentially unimportant to them now, if it hasn't already been removed.

Anyway it's working for me now on IE, which I normally don't use anymore. For the time being I guess I'll just put in the ratings that way.
They used to be paid only, but:
Letterboxd’s importer is usually available just to Pro members, but for a limited time we’ve opened it to all!
https://letterboxd.com/import/
https://letterboxd.com/about/migrating-from-imdb/

To import your 8k of stuff you need to split the .csv into blocks of 1900 films, I suggest using this: http://filesplit.org/

Also if LB is not your cup of tea there's also themoviedb, which seems to have made a lot of updates recently:
https://www.themoviedb.org/settings/import-list
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#487

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Tmdb just makes me realize that imdb, for all its garbage, is still better.
User avatar
bal3x
Donator
Posts: 13073
Joined: May 26th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#488

Post by bal3x »

PeacefulAnarchy on Jan 20 2018, 06:50:44 PM wrote:Tmdb just makes me realize that imdb, for all its garbage, is still better.
Well, sure, but if IMDb continues in the same manner I'm afraid they may as well lose ground in the long term.
User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 8937
Joined: June 7th, 2016, 6:00 am
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#489

Post by maxwelldeux »

PeacefulAnarchy on Jan 20 2018, 06:50:44 PM wrote:Tmdb just makes me realize that imdb, for all its garbage, is still better.
Well I always thought that TMDB was supposed to be the crowdsourced version of IMDB that would permit better and cooler sites to be built off it. So yeah - while TMDB kinda sucks from an interactivity standpoint, other sites like Letterboxd, Trakt, etc. are pretty cool.
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#490

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

IMDb is already crowdsourced, but yeah the point of tmdb is supposed to be that it can be used permission and royalty free by other sites. And I'm sure the API is fine for people building the sites, but for a common user the database is much more cumbersome to use as an actual database where you can quickly find and cross-reference information, and sites like Letterboxd don't even bother with that aspect beyond whatever is needed to make its own use case work.
User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 8937
Joined: June 7th, 2016, 6:00 am
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#491

Post by maxwelldeux »

PeacefulAnarchy on Jan 20 2018, 10:16:26 PM wrote:IMDb is already crowdsourced, but yeah the point of tmdb is supposed to be that it can be used permission and royalty free by other sites. And I'm sure the API is fine for people building the sites, but for a common user the database is much more cumbersome to use as an actual database where you can quickly find and cross-reference information, and sites like Letterboxd don't even bother with that aspect beyond whatever is needed to make its own use case work.
Well sure - I agree with what you said. IMDB is far superior for the user who is looking for information about movies, trvia, casting/crew, etc. TMDB just serves a different purpose, as do many of those other sites built on TMDB.

Speaking only for me personally, I use IMDB to get information about films, especially trivia, but rarely rate there any longer. I use ICM to track what I've watched and progress against various lists. I use Trakt to track what I've watched, how often, my ratings, and to make lists (which I've just started doing there), for both film and television. I only use TMDB to add things to Trakt. IMDB is my go-to for film-related information, but not for user features.
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12923
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#492

Post by AdamH »

Can you no longer see how many films you've seen in a list on the list's page?
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#493

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

AdamH on Jan 21 2018, 11:55:20 AM wrote:Can you no longer see how many films you've seen in a list on the list's page?
Not easily, you have to click refine and then "You and this list" and select "Titles I rated"
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12923
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#494

Post by AdamH »

PeacefulAnarchy on Jan 21 2018, 11:59:12 AM wrote:
AdamH on Jan 21 2018, 11:55:20 AM wrote:Can you no longer see how many films you've seen in a list on the list's page?
Not easily, you have to click refine and then "You and this list" and select "Titles I rated"
There used to be a bit on the right that had the amount you've seen, right? Weird if they've removed it.
User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1339
Joined: March 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am
Contact:

#495

Post by monk-time »

You also need to memorize the list size before choosing any option there, because of course it's not visible when you do that. And you can't move/remove/copy such sublists either, it was very handy before but maybe they'll bring it back someday.

If I recall their explanations correctly, they ripped out the whole mechanism for working with lists and replaced it with something that will work on mobile devices. As usually happens, when it's done in haste all small quality-of-life features don't survive such transitions.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!
spinal tapper
Posts: 28
Joined: October 28th, 2017, 6:00 am
Contact:

#496

Post by spinal tapper »

It's sad but interesting to see IMDB devolve into a website designed specifically to be used on mobile devices.
User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1339
Joined: March 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am
Contact:

#497

Post by monk-time »

spinal tapper on Jan 22 2018, 07:25:57 AM wrote:It's sad but interesting to see IMDB devolve into a website designed specifically to be used on mobile devices.
From what I remember from Col's postings, it's not that they want to be exclusively mobile, but the reality of the market today is such that every site simply must be usable both on desktop and mobile. Maintaining several separate codebases for different platforms is a significant drain on dev resources, so it's natural that they are moving to a single unified core that would require minimal modifications to support each platform.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!
spinal tapper
Posts: 28
Joined: October 28th, 2017, 6:00 am
Contact:

#498

Post by spinal tapper »

Makes sense when you put it that way.
User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1339
Joined: March 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am
Contact:

#499

Post by monk-time »

They've added "Your Rating" and "Date Rated" to the exported lists.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33455
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#500

Post by joachimt »

monk-time on Feb 12 2018, 03:08:00 AM wrote:They've added "Your Rating" and "Date Rated" to the exported lists.
Very glad. Not having your own rating in an export was a pain in the #.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 10203
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: New Mexico, USA
Contact:

#501

Post by Knaldskalle »

joachimt on Feb 12 2018, 07:22:45 AM wrote:
monk-time on Feb 12 2018, 03:08:00 AM wrote:They've added "Your Rating" and "Date Rated" to the exported lists.
Very glad. Not having your own rating in an export was a pain in the #.
A pain in the octothorpe? You might want to see a doctor about that.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 8960
Joined: June 17th, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#502

Post by xianjiro »

Knaldskalle on Feb 12 2018, 01:32:50 PM wrote:
joachimt on Feb 12 2018, 07:22:45 AM wrote:
monk-time on Feb 12 2018, 03:08:00 AM wrote:They've added "Your Rating" and "Date Rated" to the exported lists.
Very glad. Not having your own rating in an export was a pain in the #.
A pain in the octothorpe? You might want to see a doctor about that.
yeah, I was wondering about what's up with Dutch @(rseholes)

I could make a joke about # = "pound", but, nah.
User avatar
monk-time
Posts: 1339
Joined: March 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am
Contact:

#503

Post by monk-time »

xianjiro on Feb 12 2018, 02:48:21 PM wrote:I could make a joke about # = "pound", but, nah.
Good call, in this joint we tolerate only sharp puns.
ICM profile | My userscripts for IMDb/iCM | iCheckMovies Enhanced by themagician: call it direct, call it collect, but CALL IT TODAY!
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33455
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#504

Post by joachimt »

Sorry, guys. When I typed that, my kids were still up, so I had to mind my language. -_-
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#505

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Imdb's latest integrated advertising is such garbage:
Image
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 12880
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#506

Post by Armoreska »

Well I'm not getting anything of the sort on the Infinity War page, in either layout
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3892
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#507

Post by Ebbywebby »

Armoreska on Apr 30 2018, 02:14:22 PM wrote:Well I'm not getting anything of the sort on the Infinity War page, in either layout
One of my Facebook friends, who is neither unintelligent nor young, says "Avengers: Infinity War" is flat-out THE best movie she has ever seen. I weep.
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#508

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Armoreska on Apr 30 2018, 02:14:22 PM wrote:Well I'm not getting anything of the sort on the Infinity War page, in either layout
That's the reference view, the new layout is at least readable though still a hugely garish visual mess with way too many elements. I turned off adblock and it still looks the same on the latest firefox. The animation would be super annoying even if everything displayed right.

What does the reference view look like for you?
User avatar
Carmel1379
Donator
Posts: 4577
Joined: February 21st, 2014, 7:00 am
Contact:

#509

Post by Carmel1379 »

On-topic:

Image
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#510

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Yeah, that's what had me going to the page in the first place.
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 12880
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#511

Post by Armoreska »

PeacefulAnarchy on Apr 30 2018, 03:00:36 PM wrote:
Armoreska on Apr 30 2018, 02:14:22 PM wrote:Well I'm not getting anything of the sort on the Infinity War page, in either layout
That's the reference view, the new layout is at least readable though still a hugely garish visual mess with way too many elements. I turned off adblock and it still looks the same on the latest firefox. The animation would be super annoying even if everything displayed right.

What does the reference view look like for you?
Just clean as usual. I don't even have an ad block on Chrome.
I'm so not bankable, they won't even barrage me with ads? Guess that makes sense though, someone would have to pay for my pointless views.
By the way we plan to drive to IMAX for this movie (first time for me just to see what the big deal is, since it's a movie I have to watch anyway, but won't care about too much when it's ruining by the dub). It's about to become the watch I spent the most money on. :lol:
Last edited by Armoreska on April 30th, 2018, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#512

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Ahh, it must be country/region restricted, maybe North America only? There's also something similar on
Coco: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2380307/
and Black Panther: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/
User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 5649
Joined: February 9th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#513

Post by OldAle1 »

Ebbywebby on Apr 30 2018, 02:41:00 PM wrote:
Armoreska on Apr 30 2018, 02:14:22 PM wrote:Well I'm not getting anything of the sort on the Infinity War page, in either layout
One of my Facebook friends, who is neither unintelligent nor young, says "Avengers: Infinity War" is flat-out THE best movie she has ever seen. I weep.
Seems like pretty faint praise to me. It's obviously the greatest work in any audio-visual medium that's even POSSIBLE. Why is your friend such a HATERRRR?
Here's to the fools who dream.
User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 5649
Joined: February 9th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#514

Post by OldAle1 »

PeacefulAnarchy on Apr 30 2018, 03:45:45 PM wrote:Ahh, it must be country/region restricted, maybe North America only? There's also something similar on
Coco: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2380307/
and Black Panther: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/
Nah, I'm in the USA and I'm not seeing that crap either. Probably has to do with settings also; I'm viewing on Chrome on a laptop.
Here's to the fools who dream.
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#515

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

OldAle1 on Apr 30 2018, 04:17:57 PM wrote:
PeacefulAnarchy on Apr 30 2018, 03:45:45 PM wrote:Ahh, it must be country/region restricted, maybe North America only? There's also something similar on
Coco: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2380307/
and Black Panther: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/
Nah, I'm in the USA and I'm not seeing that crap either. Probably has to do with settings also; I'm viewing on Chrome on a laptop.
What? Why does imdb hate me then? If you open it in a private/incognito window do you get the reskin? It happens on Chrome on my phone too, whether I'm logged in or not. Maybe Canda only?
User avatar
Cocoa
Donator
Posts: 2000
Joined: July 17th, 2013, 6:00 am
Location: Chicago, USA
Contact:

#516

Post by Cocoa »

PeacefulAnarchy on Apr 30 2018, 04:28:31 PM wrote:
OldAle1 on Apr 30 2018, 04:17:57 PM wrote:
PeacefulAnarchy on Apr 30 2018, 03:45:45 PM wrote:Ahh, it must be country/region restricted, maybe North America only? There's also something similar on
Coco: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2380307/
and Black Panther: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/
Nah, I'm in the USA and I'm not seeing that crap either. Probably has to do with settings also; I'm viewing on Chrome on a laptop.
What? Why does imdb hate me then? If you open it in a private/incognito window do you get the reskin? It happens on Chrome on my phone too, whether I'm logged in or not. Maybe Canda only?
I see the annoying ad layout and I'm in U.S.A.
User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 8960
Joined: June 17th, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#517

Post by xianjiro »

PeacefulAnarchy on Apr 30 2018, 04:28:31 PM wrote:
OldAle1 on Apr 30 2018, 04:17:57 PM wrote:
PeacefulAnarchy on Apr 30 2018, 03:45:45 PM wrote:Ahh, it must be country/region restricted, maybe North America only? There's also something similar on
Coco: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2380307/
and Black Panther: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/
Nah, I'm in the USA and I'm not seeing that crap either. Probably has to do with settings also; I'm viewing on Chrome on a laptop.
What? Why does imdb hate me then? If you open it in a private/incognito window do you get the reskin? It happens on Chrome on my phone too, whether I'm logged in or not. Maybe Canda only?
I only occasionally see those aggressive ad campaigns on IMDb - not seeing the current one and think the last one was some Disney thing a month or two ago. I'm running Chrome with Adblocker Ultimate and Autoplay stopper (though shouldn't need that much longer).
Last edited by xianjiro on May 1st, 2018, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 25938
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#518

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

These are a bit different than other ad campaigns I've seen in that they aren't site wide, but rather reskins of specific movie pages. So the Avengers page has a big Avengers ad and video and colour scheme, the Quiet Place page has the same but for A Quiet Place, most pages are unaffected. Seems totally useless, besides being annoying.

At least I'm not the only one.
Last edited by PeacefulAnarchy on May 1st, 2018, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 8960
Joined: June 17th, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#519

Post by xianjiro »

Wonder if they do targeted ads (kinda like FB) - if you've seen these movies and rated any over X and fit this demographic then serve ad page
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 12880
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#520

Post by Armoreska »

So maybe you're logged in on Amazon which then somehow translates to IMDb.
https://help.imdb.com/article/imdb/gene ... =helpsrall#
I think per this new GDPR regulation, every website with profiles and ads is supposed to give you a bunch of options.
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Post Reply