Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: Experimental/Avant Garde, Benelux, Run the Director
Film of the Week: Daisan no kagemusha, March nominations (Feb 26th)

iCM Bugs

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Everything communal needs a process to run, so the rankings and everything that displays on the rankings pages.
Everything individual (the checks on your profile, the awards, your list completion on the progress page) should be instant.

I don't know how often the rankings are updated or if there are issues as I haven't been paying much attention and it has changed at various points over the years.

What was some time ago was an issue with counts being off. Because the instant changes work by incrementing or (if you uncheck) decreasing a counter they don't check totals, only change and if the current count was off then the changes would keep what was off. I don't know why counts were off or whether the underlying issue was fixed, but that doesn't seem to be the issue people are talking about here.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

But I would have sworn that my number of official checks on https://www.icheckmovies.com/charts/profiles/ was increasing after making an official check earlier in the month (and for some time). Did anyone else notice this?

Will admit I've never paid attention to the behavior of the total checks number in the rankings, I always look to the top of the page for that information. So I'm not sure how that squares with "everything communal", but the number at the top of the page usually increments after any check.

I'm not questioning changes in rankings - that's communal - just total official checks at this point. I calculate my official checks as 9158 (366 pages of 25 official checks plus 8 official checks on page 367. Best I can tell, those are the only two ways to find the total number of official checks for a user.

Just checked the official forum and no one's brought this up yet over there.
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Ok I'm confused as to what we're talking about. The numbers on that charts page don't update instantly (Maybe I missed something and they did recently, I haven't been looking, but they never have before and if they work how I think I wouldn't imagine that would change).

The number at the top of the page beside your username is personal and yes that updates instantly after every check.

The total official checks is part of the rankings page and so in the communal batch. It is weird that there's no official check count on the profile, but it has always been that way, so I don't know that there even is a separate instant official check counter that updates instantly like the overall check counter on the profile.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Well, it's this confusion that makes me hesitate in posting to the official forum
jmarasco

Post by jmarasco »

I've been watching the official check counts and rankings for several months now, and here's what I have seen:

A) The individual counter (#of total checks by the username at the top) changes immediately with a check/uncheck
B ) The official checks counter (next to usernames on the rankings page) changes usually within 5-10 minutes
C) The community rankings change overnight

So the official check numbers on the rankings pages update before the rankings. You could tell where everyone would end up the next day in the rankings based on the current official check totals.

For the last 4-5 days though the official checks counter hasn't moved and the rankings haven't updated. (The individual counter still updates immediately.) There is always movement in the rankings day to day, but if you click any given rankings page there is no movement. What I've noticed isn't an issue of whether the total official check counts are accurate, but that sitewide they haven't changed in days.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Yesterday I posted to the official forum that the official check tally isn't updating - no response yet.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Yes, I noticed that my count isn't updating...it's four off now.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Hm. The person ranked directly above me has an official-check count that's 12 too few...and yet he hasn't checked a film in 3.5 weeks.
tazz_85

Post by tazz_85 »

Still hasn't updated, it's almost a week now.
This year i'm working my way trough the all shorts list, and in a week i watch a lot of shorts. I think about 40 shorts since last week, so i'd like to check my progress every day.. but it doesn't do anything now. no official checks update, no ranking update..
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

No word yet - not sure if Marijn is available right now or what. He usually at least says "I'll look into it" by now.
:shrug:
Harco
Donator

Post by Harco »

Don't know about you guys, but my check count has updated. Rank not yet.
:ICM: | :letbxd:
tazz_85

Post by tazz_85 »

Harco wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:12 pm Don't know about you guys, but my check count has updated. Rank not yet.
Same here, but still no movement in the general rankings :s
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Heimat 2 on iCM finally directs to Heimat 2 on IMDb. :circle:

Now I only need to merge the two Zweite Heimats on iCM, but it didn't work just now......
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

tazz_85 wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:01 am
Harco wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:12 pm Don't know about you guys, but my check count has updated. Rank not yet.
Same here, but still no movement in the general rankings :s
I've seen my official tally update at least twice now. :thumbsup:
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

As you guys celebrate the working rank updates:
Torgo wrote: October 27th, 2020, 3:25 pm I might confirm that things seem to be more off than usual:
Yes, normally I expect rankings to update overnight (from an European perspective). I am used to a little hiccup in this process and never get anxious if it takes a day - the site reliably catches up everything missing. It seems that the displayed checks for top users of official lists also is lagging behind <- tried to prove that through stalking joachim's list progression for TSZDT and it seemed to check out, but looked for other examples and it didn't. <_<

My example would have been:
Spoiler
I checked Dry Summer on the Turkish list 12 hours ago, which could be just around the cutoff for site updates. It's my 9th check on the list, yet when I now control the top user progress it looks like this:

I had the impression that this information usually gets updated faster than top user rankings for individual lists and for ICM in general and that it was more lagging than usual.
Maybe that impression was just not true to begin with. <_<
I'm still observing my rankings for a few country lists and they haven't updated since at least 4 days and 19 hours :ermm:
Still looks shaky.
tazz_85

Post by tazz_85 »

Hasn't moved in two weeks now:

zzzorf

Post by zzzorf »

Did we end up finding a fix for when we add a movie in Beta and have it automatically checked it comes up as no checks but if you remove your check it reads -1 as it is happening to me here. https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/4020879-kanyamakan
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

to be clear, I was only commenting on one number - the total of official checks - and this has continued to update daily. (And I'm pretty confident now that number doesn't update instantaneously as I thought)

If you have concerns about individual list rankings and their updating, post some documentation on the official forum's bug channel. I've never tried to figure out their update schedule, but am not surprised to see my total/rank lagging - as it has always done - that's the main reason I started calculating my rank for my own purposes (spreadsheet). Also, since it's a rare day without any official checks, my list rankings are always going to be 'out of date".

But you're right, four days seems like a long time: I'm just not sure it's ever been much faster than that. It would be nice to know if that's meant to update weekly or twice a week or what.

I've also no idea which processes are dependent on other processes or free processing capacity or, failing that, can just get bogged down if there is a lot of system demand. Who knows how much system resources are sucked up by the bots constantly creating bogus accounts (which is still happening).
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Wow, something is happening! After a full week in which my top list rankings for a few country lists (which I was observing) didn't change, they finally updated :party:
Also I see an upgrade of my overall user ranking from #338 to #334, so, something HAPPENS!

On the downside, 2 of my surveiled country lists still haven't updated yet, one of which I checked 2 films a whole week ago and the other with some checks scattered across the week - still same displayed user rank (and list checks) as per day of the US-election.
So it definitely isn't done in one go.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Yay! After 1 week, also the Turkish list was updated for me. Maybe the stutter is over.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Torgo wrote: November 10th, 2020, 1:52 pm Wow, something is happening! After a full week in which my top list rankings for a few country lists (which I was observing) didn't change, they finally updated :party:
Also I see an upgrade of my overall user ranking from #338 to #334, so, something HAPPENS!

On the downside, 2 of my surveiled country lists still haven't updated yet, one of which I checked 2 films a whole week ago and the other with some checks scattered across the week - still same displayed user rank (and list checks) as per day of the US-election.
So it definitely isn't done in one go.
yeah, and it's possible the lists don't update in alphabetical order like the big user ranking (seems to do). I've no idea how that process is written, but it might take adding new lists to the routine. So if new lists are not yet updated, that could suggest they are at the end of the list. Of course the opposite could be true. Also, my hypothesis might not even apply.

The inner workings of iCM are, for us, one of the world's great mysteries!
zzzorf

Post by zzzorf »

zzzorf wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:35 pm Did we end up finding a fix for when we add a movie in Beta and have it automatically checked it comes up as no checks but if you remove your check it reads -1 as it is happening to me here. https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/4020879-kanyamakan
Just bumping this as I think it got missed in the list count chatter.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

zzzorf wrote: November 13th, 2020, 7:58 pm
zzzorf wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:35 pm Did we end up finding a fix for when we add a movie in Beta and have it automatically checked it comes up as no checks but if you remove your check it reads -1 as it is happening to me here. https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/4020879-kanyamakan
Just bumping this as I think it got missed in the list count chatter.
It looks like that specific case hasn't been fixed, but I've imported films since then with them checked and the check count is correct, so it must have been a temporary or isolated bug.
72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm »

I get the old « Whoops!

It looks like something went wrong. Please check the form for errors, fix them and repost!» when I try to add a movie to one of my lists. And no, the movie is not recently added to the database.

And why isn’t this thread pinned...
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Which list? Which movie?
ICM-profile
72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm »

It worked with the IMDb-link. Tried a couple of different movies, but none of them added with the search function.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/72ai ... 00/72aicm/

Tried another list of mine and no problem there. Weird.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Armoreska wrote: November 27th, 2020, 5:31 pm silent list (bottom) aint working
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/?pag ... heckmovies

same with https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/tim+ ... e/johnnyg/
After some sleuthing I think I found them. It looks like the name of both lists were changed, but the URLs weren't. They show up correctly in Beta, though.
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/lists/711 ... +era+films
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/lists/294 ... f+all-time

I believe the issue is that the old titles of the lists are the same as the old titles of the identical Official lists, and Marijn set up a redirect for those, so trying to go from Beta to current version redirects you to the official lists instead.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

You can get to those two lists smoothly via the "Progress" page....
Hunziker
Donator

Post by Hunziker »

I can't change my profile image. First I delete the old photo and the default image shows up. So far so good. THen I try uploading any new image... and the old one comes back! :unsure: I haven't changed it since 2014, things might be a little rusty lmao
This is the voice of world control. 🤖 - iCM
Hunziker
Donator

Post by Hunziker »

Hunziker wrote: December 1st, 2020, 9:29 pm I can't change my profile image. First I delete the old photo and the default image shows up. So far so good. THen I try uploading any new image... and the old one comes back! :unsure: I haven't changed it since 2014, things might be a little rusty lmao
I logged on from another device, the image had indeed been updated. I'm guessing the old one stays on my usual browser because of cookies of smthg,
This is the voice of world control. 🤖 - iCM
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

Hunziker wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 4:09 pm
Hunziker wrote: December 1st, 2020, 9:29 pm I can't change my profile image. First I delete the old photo and the default image shows up. So far so good. THen I try uploading any new image... and the old one comes back! :unsure: I haven't changed it since 2014, things might be a little rusty lmao
I logged on from another device, the image had indeed been updated. I'm guessing the old one stays on my usual browser because of cookies of smthg,
Sounds like your browser's cache is working just fine... :)
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

I checked 20 official shorts and a feature today. iCM doesn't recognize any of them and I only moved up one spot in the rankings.
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

:folded: It's not a Bug it's the anti-cheater Feature :folded:

Just jocking don't get that :guns:

Everyone likes Short anyway :banana:
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

iCM is loading extremely slow for me for the last 24 hours. Problem exists on every page. Every time I go to a new page, I have to wait 15 seconds or so before I can do the next thing.
ICM-profile
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

No issue on mah end
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

something getting an update? works fine for me now
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Worked fine a few hours later.
ICM-profile
blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob »

OK, maybe I am going crazy but where is the page to get premium membership?
pitchorneirda

Post by pitchorneirda »

blueboybob wrote: December 29th, 2020, 11:36 pm OK, maybe I am going crazy but where is the page to get premium membership?
https://www.icheckmovies.com/register/changeplan/
"Art is like a fire, it is born from the very thing it burns" - Jean-Luc Godard