Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 3 released May 19th)
Polls: 1950s (Results), 1966 awards (May 28th), 1935 (May 29th)
Challenges: Comedy, Western, Iberian Peninsula
Film of the Week: Unter den Brücken, June nominations (May 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A (Jun 4th)

iCM Bugs

Post Reply
User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 2066
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

Re: iCM Bugs

#1481

Post by Tim2460 » May 5th, 2020, 6:08 am

Removing the # at the end of URL ...

Checking Movie... the # re apears...

And suddenly it works again... had time to do yesterday checks...

Weird behaviour

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9776
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#1482

Post by Knaldskalle » May 5th, 2020, 6:22 am

Still not working for me at all.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7542
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#1483

Post by xianjiro » May 5th, 2020, 6:35 am

I just used the beta page for the horrible movie I just suffered through. Worked fine. (Oh, v2 seems to be toast.)

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3928
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#1484

Post by Onderhond » May 5th, 2020, 7:19 am

Javascript is just broken now on every page, so nothing javascript-based (like the search field clear, checks, add to watchlist, ...) will work.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7542
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#1485

Post by xianjiro » May 5th, 2020, 7:47 am

okay, who sneezed on their computer?!? 😷😩

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3116
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#1486

Post by Ebbywebby » May 5th, 2020, 8:25 am

I've never seen ICM working as badly as it's working right now. :( At least, the non-beta version.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31469
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1487

Post by joachimt » May 5th, 2020, 10:01 am

Marijn just hit some buttons. Can you guys please check if things are better now? Search bar is working normally for me now.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31469
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1488

Post by joachimt » May 5th, 2020, 10:03 am

You have to hit ctrl+F5 first btw.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
PGonzalez
Posts: 355
Joined: Sep 08, 2013
Contact:

#1489

Post by PGonzalez » May 5th, 2020, 10:03 am

joachimt wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 10:01 am
Marijn just hit some buttons. Can you guys please check if things are better now? Search bar is working normally for me now.
I just checked and favorited something, so it seems to be working fine :)

User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 2066
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

#1490

Post by Tim2460 » May 5th, 2020, 12:16 pm

For me it's working... but i only made one check / deselect watch list.

User avatar
albajos
Posts: 6877
Joined: May 24, 2016
Location: Norway
Contact:

#1491

Post by albajos » May 5th, 2020, 4:05 pm

you really need a test version of this site. You can't let everything just go live and see how it goes.

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24701
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#1492

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 5th, 2020, 4:53 pm

albajos wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 4:05 pm
you really need a test version of this site. You can't let everything just go live and see how it goes.
Some things are load dependent. I don't know what exactly went wrong here, but given that it was stuff timing out it's possibly something that would have worked fine on a test server with only one person doing it but chokes when the process is run by too many people at once.

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3928
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#1493

Post by Onderhond » May 5th, 2020, 5:02 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 4:53 pm
albajos wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 4:05 pm
you really need a test version of this site. You can't let everything just go live and see how it goes.
Some things are load dependent. I don't know what exactly went wrong here, but given that it was stuff timing out it's possibly something that would have worked fine on a test server with only one person doing it but chokes when the process is run by too many people at once.
It was jQuery not being loaded, which could be load-dependent, but should never be load dependent.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9776
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#1494

Post by Knaldskalle » May 6th, 2020, 5:17 pm

I tried to look in the Firefox debugger when the issue was happening to me. It mentioned a load method being deprecated several times. I'm guessing it changed at some point and iCM still used the old method.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7542
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#1495

Post by xianjiro » May 6th, 2020, 5:47 pm

yeah, it's hard to know what all the dependencies are - that's only something our resident programmer can judge. I'm also guessing the goal is to spend as little time as possible 'fixing' v2 and put as much as possible into v3.

BTW 408 forum guests?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12308
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#1496

Post by AdamH » May 6th, 2020, 5:48 pm

It says 1078 guests for me. Record users online was 1806 on 12th March 2020 so I'm guessing the number was even higher that day.

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3928
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#1497

Post by Onderhond » May 6th, 2020, 5:53 pm

Maybe we should call it v2030 to set people's expectations straight B)

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24701
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#1498

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 6th, 2020, 7:41 pm

AdamH wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 5:48 pm
It says 1078 guests for me. Record users online was 1806 on 12th March 2020 so I'm guessing the number was even higher that day.
There's a group of bots that seems rolls around to scan the site from time to time.
Edit: Banned a bunch of them.

User avatar
insomnius
Posts: 748
Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

#1499

Post by insomnius » May 7th, 2020, 10:16 am

Trying to import a movie, but it doesn't work. No error message though.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31469
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1500

Post by joachimt » May 7th, 2020, 10:34 am

insomnius wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 10:16 am
Trying to import a movie, but it doesn't work. No error message though.
With "import" you mean adding through the add movie page on the beta? Which movie?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 2066
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

#1501

Post by Tim2460 » May 7th, 2020, 10:53 am

Had tried to import some theses last 2 days.. No luck yet

User avatar
insomnius
Posts: 748
Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

#1502

Post by insomnius » May 7th, 2020, 11:11 am

joachimt wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 10:34 am
insomnius wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 10:16 am
Trying to import a movie, but it doesn't work. No error message though.
With "import" you mean adding through the add movie page on the beta? Which movie?
That's right. I always tick the "check after adding" box and it always shows up right away in my ckeck flow. But not today.

This film:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8703378/reference

User avatar
insomnius
Posts: 748
Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

#1503

Post by insomnius » May 7th, 2020, 2:54 pm

insomnius wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 11:11 am
joachimt wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 10:34 am
insomnius wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 10:16 am
Trying to import a movie, but it doesn't work. No error message though.
With "import" you mean adding through the add movie page on the beta? Which movie?
That's right. I always tick the "check after adding" box and it always shows up right away in my ckeck flow. But not today.

This film:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8703378/reference
Just tried again, and it worked now. :shrug:

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31469
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1504

Post by joachimt » May 7th, 2020, 5:30 pm

insomnius wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 2:54 pm
insomnius wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 11:11 am
joachimt wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 10:34 am

With "import" you mean adding through the add movie page on the beta? Which movie?
That's right. I always tick the "check after adding" box and it always shows up right away in my ckeck flow. But not today.

This film:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8703378/reference
Just tried again, and it worked now. :shrug:
Okay, weird. Glad it got solved at least.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3116
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#1505

Post by Ebbywebby » May 7th, 2020, 7:04 pm

I have imported LOTS of movies from IMDb to ICM. I can honestly say that I've never had a glitch with this process.

AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12308
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#1506

Post by AdamH » May 9th, 2020, 6:41 pm

This has been a problem for me for a long time but I can't delete personal lists.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31469
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1507

Post by joachimt » May 9th, 2020, 7:42 pm

AdamH wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 6:41 pm
This has been a problem for me for a long time but I can't delete personal lists.
My experience is it keeps thinking thinking thinking. I just leave the tab open. It removes the list at one point, but you never get confirmation.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24701
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#1508

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 9th, 2020, 7:50 pm

Yeah, deleting works but takes a loooong time. I tend to just repurpose my handful of test lists instead of deleting them.

AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12308
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#1509

Post by AdamH » May 9th, 2020, 8:02 pm

Yeah, that's what I normally do but it didn't work earlier. I think it might be because I tried to delete 3 or 4 lists at the same time. I'll try again one by one but I have so many pointless personal lists that it takes forever to delete them so I always give up.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31469
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1510

Post by joachimt » May 11th, 2020, 9:55 am

Marijn just deleted about 13000 spam accounts. He's working on improving the registration process.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3116
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#1511

Post by Ebbywebby » May 11th, 2020, 10:55 am

joachimt wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 9:55 am
Marijn just deleted about 13000 spam accounts. He's working on improving the registration process.
(l)

User avatar
pitchorneirda
Posts: 81
Joined: Feb 11, 2019
Contact:

#1512

Post by pitchorneirda » May 11th, 2020, 5:52 pm

pitchorneirda wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 11:07 pm
Impossible for me to do any action (check, uncheck, add to a watchlist, remove from a watchlist, etc.) right now, I've been trying for more than 10 minutes, refreshing dozens of time, clearing the cache, I've tried with three different browsers etc.

Edit: it works with the beta though
Since those huge bugs last week have been fixed, everything's working like a charm! The website never worked so well since forever

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3928
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#1513

Post by Onderhond » May 11th, 2020, 5:54 pm

The actual checking of films still fails from time to time.

User avatar
blueboybob
Donator
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: DC
Contact:

#1514

Post by blueboybob » May 11th, 2020, 5:55 pm

Onderhond wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 5:54 pm
The actual checking of films still fails from time to time.
I get this all time. I have to switch to comments tab (or another tab). Or hard refresh the page

User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 2066
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

#1515

Post by Tim2460 » May 14th, 2020, 6:54 am

I think the import queue is stuck ... or i don't get the site warnings anymore ... For the last 3 of 4 films i have imported

Edit : Ok just checked : it's the warnings that don't work anymore :

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/clo ... nd/checks/ was indeed created and checked as i checked the box "check after import"

User avatar
shugs
Donator
Posts: 507
Joined: Nov 15, 2014
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Contact:

#1516

Post by shugs » May 23rd, 2020, 11:22 am

Does removing personal lists work? I click on remove and the request just stays in pending.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31469
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1517

Post by joachimt » May 23rd, 2020, 4:00 pm

shugs wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 11:22 am
Does removing personal lists work? I click on remove and the request just stays in pending.
It never stops ending, but if you let it run for a while, it gets removed anyhow. It just never gives confirmation.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 2066
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

#1518

Post by Tim2460 » May 23rd, 2020, 5:51 pm

I usualy shrink the list back to just one movie before removing the list...

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24701
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#1519

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 23rd, 2020, 5:53 pm

Tim2460 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:51 pm
I usualy shrink the list back to just one movie before removing the list...
Does that help? I remember doing that a couple of times but I don't think I noticed a difference. I just reuse lists.

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7892
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#1520

Post by maxwelldeux » May 23rd, 2020, 7:16 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:53 pm
Tim2460 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:51 pm
I usualy shrink the list back to just one movie before removing the list...
Does that help? I remember doing that a couple of times but I don't think I noticed a difference. I just reuse lists.
That's a good way to do it... thanks for the reminder!

Post Reply