Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Coming of Age (Results), DtC - Ratings (Results), 1933 (May 12th), 1970s (May 29th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: La donna del lago, June nominations (May 28th)

iCM Bugs

Torgo

Post by Torgo »

I always search for titles on ICM via the IMDb ID (=tt###), not by title (because I'm not crazy).
For this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt00090357/ (Young Sherlock Holmes) it doesn't work; notice how our beloved ICM Enhanced script also returns an empty page.
The thing is: the movie is in the ICM database (of course, it's popular enough), and the IMDb link on the page is also identical with the ID above.
What is happening here?

I'm afraid I added a dupe to the database a few minutes ago. :facepalm:
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Torgo wrote: December 30th, 2020, 6:36 pm I always search for titles on ICM via the IMDb ID (=tt###), not by title (because I'm not crazy).
For this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt00090357/ (Young Sherlock Holmes) it doesn't work; notice how our beloved ICM Enhanced script also returns an empty page.
The thing is: the movie is in the ICM database (of course, it's popular enough), and the IMDb link on the page is also identical with the ID above.
What is happening here?

I'm afraid I added a dupe to the database a few minutes ago. :facepalm:
There's an extra 0 in your imdb link. This is the regular one that icm links to: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090357/

While imdb did increase the number of digits for titles to 8, they only use them for titles with 7 or 8 non-zero digits. For anything with 6 or fewer, they still use 7 digits by default. Don't know why, but that's the it.

The dupe isn't showing up in searches yet, if it was indeed added.
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Fergenaprido wrote: December 30th, 2020, 7:05 pm While imdb did increase the number of digits for titles to 8, they only use them for titles with 7 or 8 non-zero digits. For anything with 6 or fewer, they still use 7 digits by default. Don't know why, but that's the it.
First, this is an incorrect way to express what you mean, tt10390045 uses 8 digits but only has 5 non zero digits.
Second, previous 7 digit ids still default to 7 digits. they only use 8 digits for films whose 8 digit expression leads with a non-zero. search for moonlight on imdb, for example.

I assume the reason is that there are so many links with 7 digit codes they didn't want to redirect them all to 8 digit codes or just break them, but it's a bad choice that makes handling imdb ids much more cumbersome than it needs to be.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Wow, I must be blind, thanks.
This way I learned something again: You may add many zeros if you want so to the IMDb link, it doesn't seem to make any difference! (Except for messing up your ICM Enhanced links, search results etc.)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090357/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt00090357/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt000090357/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0000090357/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0000000000000090357/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt00000000000000000090357/ <-- this one is the limit; if you take your zero fest any further, it will 404 out.

Interesting.
PeacefulAnarchy

The worst part is that they do have a redirect code, if you use reference view all of those redirect to the 7 digit url, but the default view does a different sort of redirect that keeps the messed up url.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

New Pixar award does look like this for me. In Chrome and Edge, also after Ctrl+F5ing.

Guess it's supposed not to look like this right??
tourdesb

Post by tourdesb »

I don't know if this is an isolated case, but this movie has -1 checks :blink:
Image Image Image
PeacefulAnarchy

tourdesb wrote: January 14th, 2021, 3:21 pm I don't know if this is an isolated case, but this movie has -1 checks :blink:
It's not common, but it's not isolated. I think there's a bug with check on import where it checks but doesn't increase the check counter, so if you check on import it'll still be at 0, then if you remove the check it goes down to -1. It has been noted, though I don't know what level of priority it has.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Next poll:
iCM Forum's Favourite Under 0 iCM Checks Movies
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

joachimt wrote: January 14th, 2021, 4:57 pm Next poll:
:lol:
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: January 14th, 2021, 3:26 pm
tourdesb wrote: January 14th, 2021, 3:21 pm I don't know if this is an isolated case, but this movie has -1 checks :blink:
It's not common, but it's not isolated. I think there's a bug with check on import where it checks but doesn't increase the check counter, so if you check on import it'll still be at 0, then if you remove the check it goes down to -1. It has been noted, though I don't know what level of priority it has.
I wish we could figure out why it happens some times and not others. I imported this film yesterday with the "mark as checked" box ticked, and the check count is accurate.
PeacefulAnarchy

Maybe it only happens when you import your ratings?
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

no movie is so desperate as when it has negative checks.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Torgo wrote: January 12th, 2021, 10:25 pm Image

New Pixar award does look like this for me. In Chrome and Edge, also after Ctrl+F5ing.

Never changed, by the way.
Or am I the only one?
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Torgo wrote: January 14th, 2021, 8:59 pm
Torgo wrote: January 12th, 2021, 10:25 pm Image

Never changed, by the way.
Or am I the only one?
nope
Coryn

Post by Coryn »

Not sure where to post this but Teen Lust is shown twice on ICM:

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/teen+lust/
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/teen+lust-1978/
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Coryn wrote: January 16th, 2021, 10:59 am Not sure where to post this but Teen Lust is shown twice on ICM:

This thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2474&start=3960
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Coryn wrote: January 16th, 2021, 10:59 am Not sure where to post this but Teen Lust is shown twice on ICM:

Fixed
ICM-profile
Coryn

Post by Coryn »

Okay i'll make sure to post it in the correct topic next time
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

joachimt wrote: January 14th, 2021, 4:57 pm Next poll:
:lol: :worship:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

Can somebody ping me when the list editing function is working again? I currently can change the title and description of a list but I can't add any new movies. Just takes forever when I click to save the list.
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Is anyone able to view their progress (the page with all official lists)?

Edit: it's working now.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

My bug is fixed and working now too. B)
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

though now I can't seem to check a movie

edit: better now - maybe a process was eating up all the processing power or something
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

The progress page don't seem to update very often theses days...
Harco
Donator

Post by Harco »

Yeah, progress page and rankings haven’t updated in a few days now.

And I upgraded to Premium Pro a couple of days ago. I received an email the same evening that my payment bounced – which it didn’t – and I was reverted back to the free membership. I filled out the contact form on the website but I haven’t heard anything from Marijn. Perhaps one of the mods has another way to contact him?
:ICM: | :letbxd:
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Tim2460 wrote: February 7th, 2021, 8:47 am The progress page don't seem to update very often theses days...
Something is moving again it seems :)
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Harco wrote: February 7th, 2021, 9:16 am Yeah, progress page and rankings haven’t updated in a few days now.

And I upgraded to Premium Pro a couple of days ago. I received an email the same evening that my payment bounced – which it didn’t – and I was reverted back to the free membership. I filled out the contact form on the website but I haven’t heard anything from Marijn. Perhaps one of the mods has another way to contact him?
I'll send him a message.
ICM-profile
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

joachimt wrote: February 7th, 2021, 11:18 am
Harco wrote: February 7th, 2021, 9:16 am Yeah, progress page and rankings haven’t updated in a few days now.

I'll send him a message.
He says he didn't receive a message. He'll look into it.
ICM-profile
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

joachimt wrote: February 7th, 2021, 11:22 am
joachimt wrote: February 7th, 2021, 11:18 am

I'll send him a message.
He says he didn't receive a message. He'll look into it.
Payment received. He'll fix your account.
ICM-profile
Harco
Donator

Post by Harco »

It’s been fixed. That was quick. Thanks. :)
:ICM: | :letbxd:
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Right now, I can smoothly browse ICM, but my comments don't get through. On sending, the page just loads for almost 5 minutes before I get an error screen.
Shame - I wanted to share my thoughts on A Walk to Remember with the world! :/

[edit]Ah, works normal now. Maybe the server needs its 20 minutes of relaxing time a day ..
Last edited by Torgo on February 11th, 2021, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Oh, I expect this is already known around these parts, but in the error screen:
Spoiler
.. the The Unofficial iCheckMovies Forum link, which we all like, isn't active anymore. Is it planned to switch the URL to forum.icmforum.com ..?
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/23 ... +of+memory

At the moment, it seems like a lot of films are wrongly listed as being on 0 lists.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Ebbywebby wrote: February 11th, 2021, 10:44 pm https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/23 ... +of+memory

At the moment, it seems like a lot of films are wrongly listed as being on 0 lists.
I reported a similar error on the other forum a few days ago, but it seems the error corrected itself a few hours later. Might be related to this one. Have you noticed if it's been like this for long?
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

I only noticed it in recent hours.

Weird stat: I just looked at my checking history, and ICM is wrongly saying EXACTLY 1,200 of my checks are on zero lists. I don't know what the proper tally should be.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I'm not able to get checks to stick at present. When I reported this 5 days ago, it was at the same time of day. Something's going on with the server, but without a response from Marijn, it's impossible to say what. He didn't respond to my Discuss post last time.

edit: after about 90 minutes during which I'd closed the movie page and put the computer to sleep, I came back to see if I could make the changes but they had taken. So, best I can tell, the changes make it to the server, but the result doesn't make the trip back. I guess they requested changes could sit in some sort of a queue or something, but that seems even more of a stretch.
Last edited by xianjiro on February 12th, 2021, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

Yeah, I'm working on the Black Film Canon list, and I've seen 21/50 on my progress page, but the rankings only have me at 16/50. And the ranking haven't been updated in almost a week.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

On the positive side, it seems to me like, lately, the standard site doesn't hang so long in loading when you first go there for a session?
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

yeah, I get pages pretty quickly - it's just some nights during the 8pm hour (locally) that I can't get checks to take