Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: Durak, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

iCM Bugs

Ebbywebby

Re: iCM Bugs

Post by Ebbywebby » September 1st, 2020, 9:18 pm

Something that has been bothering me lately, because I've been using beta-ICM more.

If you're searching for a film title in beta, film titles with apostrophes get nothing. Beta seems to bail out of looking as soon as you type an apostrophe. No?

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » September 2nd, 2020, 5:03 am

joachimt wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Another important bug has been solved. When you update a list with movie urls and some of those movies are not on iCM yet, you always get the whoops-message, but nothing actually happened. Now those movies are being added to the queue, processed within a minute and you can update the list as you wished. So no need to go through the hassle of figuring out which movies caused the problem. I'm so happy with this. :)
I think I'm so happy I could just cry. :clap:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » September 2nd, 2020, 5:00 pm

joachimt wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 2:45 pm
He also just separated the processes of calculating official checks and calculating rankings. He hopes that ranking updates go faster that way. Let's see.
Rankings updated some time the last 24 hours, so I'm hopeful. Let's wait and see when the next update it.

Marijn also solved the bug of private lists that were visible in the beta.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » September 2nd, 2020, 7:54 pm

joachimt wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 5:00 pm
joachimt wrote:
He also just separated the processes of calculating official checks and calculating rankings. He hopes that ranking updates go faster that way. Let's see.
Rankings updated some time the last 24 hours, so I'm hopeful. Let's wait and see when the next update it.

Oh no! Now the giant, overlapping, "bookkeeping" lists of people like sinapsis, mightysparks, tigerlily76 and mjf314 will remain an unsolved mystery forever. :)

The bug doesn't seem QUITE fixed.... I tried a movie that I remembered having visible private lists, and the private lists were still listed on the film's page but just weren't viewable when clicked.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » September 2nd, 2020, 10:12 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 9:18 pm
Something that has been bothering me lately, because I've been using beta-ICM more.

If you're searching for a film title in beta, film titles with apostrophes get nothing. Beta seems to bail out of looking as soon as you type an apostrophe. No?
ah, the PirateBay issue
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » September 3rd, 2020, 7:08 am

Ebbywebby wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 7:54 pm
joachimt wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 5:00 pm
joachimt wrote:

Oh no! Now the giant, overlapping, "bookkeeping" lists of people like sinapsis, mightysparks, tigerlily76 and mjf314 will remain an unsolved mystery forever. :)

The bug doesn't seem QUITE fixed.... I tried a movie that I remembered having visible private lists, and the private lists were still listed on the film's page but just weren't viewable when clicked.
Can you give an example of a movie where you see this issue?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » September 3rd, 2020, 9:22 am

Well, the particular film I looked up now seems fixed whereas it didn't before. But if I come across any other examples, I'll share them.

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » September 3rd, 2020, 9:26 am

OK, maybe the problem IS fixed now. I Googled "beta.icheckmovies.com" + "test list japanese" (one of the private lists I've most repeatedly come across), and all the resulting links no longer had the "test list japanese" list visible anymore.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » September 3rd, 2020, 9:57 am

Ebbywebby wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 9:18 pm

I gave up on beta some time ago, but wasn't sure how v2 dealt with apostrophes but it came up tonight and no problem detected.

The one thing I remember having issues with was searching for a name with diacrtical characters (accents, grave, tilde, etc - done by cut and paste usually). Not only did I have issues with the pop-up list (you know the one that thinks The Dark Knight is the movie we're all looking for), but even submitting the search wouldn't result in a hit. However, I tried to recreate this unsuccessfully within the past 24 hours (though I didn't try that hard). Maybe something changed? If I do see the issue, I'll try to remember to post about it.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » September 3rd, 2020, 10:32 am

joachimt wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Another important bug has been solved. When you update a list with movie urls and some of those movies are not on iCM yet, you always get the whoops-message, but nothing actually happened. Now those movies are being added to the queue, processed within a minute and you can update the list as you wished. So no need to go through the hassle of figuring out which movies caused the problem. I'm so happy with this. :)
:circle: :circle:

Torgo

Post by Torgo » September 8th, 2020, 12:29 pm

I strongly assume this has been posted before, but I'll leave this here since it annoys me all the time:

Comment count is broken on almost all film pages, in oldschool view and in beta view as well - for example, the tab will say there are Comments (1) when in fact there are zero.
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/tolo+tolo/ .. like here

The worst case scenario in terms of annoyance looks like this: https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/bra ... +chapters/
Tab says there are 4 comments, preview will always only show 3, so I go to the comment section ... to see that there are non more than 3 comments. <_<

If that hasn't been discussed before, my wild guess would be that there has been some kind of spam flood attack across the whole site one day and the account got banned and everything auto-deleted but left the numbers messed up. Might be total nonsense, though. Another hypothesis or proper explanation is all welcome. :lol:

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » September 8th, 2020, 2:26 pm

I've noticed this as well, and I always thought it was because the total included deleted comments... but now that I can delete comments myself I realize that is not the case. When I delete a comment, the total number goes down by one as well. I don't think spam attacks were mass- or auto-deleted, but but maybe if an account gets deleted any comments from that account disappear, but they're not actually deleted and just hidden somewhere, thus they still show up in the total? Looking at the page source in both current and beta versions doesn't show me anything useful as well.

Kublai Khan

Post by Kublai Khan » September 13th, 2020, 6:13 am

So I added a movie (https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/pets+united/) and checked it. But the movie is showing up with 0 checks. if I remove my check, it goes to -1.
Owner of three platinums:
  • FilmTotaal top 100
  • IMDb's 1980s Top 50
  • IMDb's Animation Top 50

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu » September 13th, 2020, 8:26 am

Kublai Khan wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 6:13 am
So I added a movie (https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/pets+united/) and checked it. But the movie is showing up with 0 checks. if I remove my check, it goes to -1.
Looks like reverse-checking à la Tenet
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » September 13th, 2020, 10:53 am

Did you use the "also check this film" function when you imported it, or did you manually check it after it was imported?

Kublai Khan

Post by Kublai Khan » September 13th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 10:53 am
Did you use the "also check this film" function when you imported it, or did you manually check it after it was imported?
I believe I did, yes.
Owner of three platinums:
  • FilmTotaal top 100
  • IMDb's 1980s Top 50
  • IMDb's Animation Top 50

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » September 15th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Kublai Khan wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 4:22 pm
Fergenaprido wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 10:53 am
I believe I did, yes.
I just tried to replicate this by importing a new film and selecting the "also check this film" option, but it worked correctly and my check is displayed properly on the page: https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/brug-2017/

So it looks like an isolated incident. I'll report it to Marijn, but I'm not sure how easy of a fix it will be. 4 other people have now checked Pets United, so at least it's not at 0 anymore.