Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Favorite Movies (Results), 1945 (Mar 29th), Doubling the Canon (Mar 27th), 1929 awards (Apr 4th), South Asia (Apr 25th)
Challenges: Crime, Directed by Women, Indian Subcontinent
Film of the Week: The Music of Chance, May nominations (May 1st)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th), 1G: Germany vs Pakistan vs Ukraine vs USA (Apr 22nd)

iCM Bugs

Fergenaprido
Donator

Re: iCM Bugs

Post by Fergenaprido » January 14th, 2020, 2:00 pm

Is this already a known bug?

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/joj ... /rankings/
On the main page and here, it shows as only in 1 list, but it's in 1 official and 55 personal lists.

Code: Select all

All (1) | Official (1) | Personal (55)

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » January 14th, 2020, 9:35 pm

joachimt wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 1:01 pm
sheikofhyrule wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:13 am
I do not know how this happened, but it looks like when this profile, https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/joao.neto/, imported their checks, they created brand new pages for each of the movies. I noticed this because I copy and paste from IMDb and noticed it twice recently with Looper being the most recent, https://www.icheckmovies.com/search/mov ... =tt1276104 .
He used a script created bu StegSchreck who caused the exact same problem multiple times before. We are aware. Marijn will fix it.
Ugh! How annoying. Know if it was accidental or on purpose (as in malicious)?

Marijn is also going to be seeing more spam accounts - I'm not up to two fake friend requests. Guess we've just been lucky for a very long time.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » January 14th, 2020, 10:19 pm

xianjiro wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:54 am
got my first spam friend request on iCM and now both iCM and the official forum (or at least whatever part that is used to login) are down not working on my Chrome browsers. Had to report on Edge. Now to see what trackers need to be removed.
I don't know if it's the same one you received, but today I got a friend request from a name something like "megan_doz." And when I clicked the name, there was no corresponding profile.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » January 14th, 2020, 11:09 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 10:19 pm
xianjiro wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:54 am
got my first spam friend request on iCM and now both iCM and the official forum (or at least whatever part that is used to login) are down not working on my Chrome browsers. Had to report on Edge. Now to see what trackers need to be removed.
I don't know if it's the same one you received, but today I got a friend request from a name something like "megan_doz." And when I clicked the name, there was no corresponding profile.
Different name, but same format - 'normal' first name, underscore, three random characters. The second one I received had a different name but was already gone, so I'm guessing either someone else reported that profile before me or Marijn is already working against the, not sure if it's the best work, exploit

I can't remember what we have to do to send a Friend Request other than complete the form. I know other messaging features have a challenge, so I expect that's the same for the Friend Request. While I'd be surprised if someone is actually creating these profiles and sending the requests manually, it's possible. But if the challenge is being passed by a bot either through exploit or completion, that's not going to make Marijn's job any easier.

Wonder if we'll have to play the Captcha game in the future. They haven't been quite as frustrating the last few times I've had them appear on other sites, but middle of last year they seemed interminable. Really annoying, especially since they are getting more difficult and my eyesight isn't good enough some times.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » January 15th, 2020, 5:49 am

xianjiro wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 9:35 pm
joachimt wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 1:01 pm
sheikofhyrule wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:13 am
I do not know how this happened, but it looks like when this profile, https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/joao.neto/, imported their checks, they created brand new pages for each of the movies. I noticed this because I copy and paste from IMDb and noticed it twice recently with Looper being the most recent, https://www.icheckmovies.com/search/mov ... =tt1276104 .
He used a script created bu StegSchreck who caused the exact same problem multiple times before. We are aware. Marijn will fix it.
Ugh! How annoying. Know if it was accidental or on purpose (as in malicious)?
Not on purpose, but StegSchreck neglected my response about abandoning this thing, after he replied to my first few messages. Instead of abandoning it, he posted his script on github. I think he still believes it works. Lately two users used his script. They certainly didn’t intend to do any damage.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm » February 23rd, 2020, 1:15 am

Dunno if it has been mentioned before, but what’s up with this?
SpoilerShow

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » February 23rd, 2020, 2:16 am

while that specifically hasn't been mentioned, the account has been discussed before

sol can find me here

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » February 23rd, 2020, 6:08 am

My guess is there's a bug that counts awards for previously official lists.