Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: Experimental/Avant Garde, Benelux, Run the Director
Film of the Week: Daisan no kagemusha, March nominations (Feb 26th)

What are your strange list coincidences?

beasterne

What are your strange list coincidences?

Post by beasterne »

Not sure if this will be an interesting topic or not, but I noticed something strange on my official lists the other day: there are 6 different lists where I have seen exactly 23 films on the list. They are:

BFI's 100 Road Movies (23/100)
BFI's 100 Westerns (23/100)
TSPDT's 100 Essential Noir Films (23/100)
BFI Flare's The Best LGBTQ+ Films of All Time (23/105)
BFI's 100 Documentary Films (23/100)
Harvard's Suggested Film Viewing: Non-Fiction (23/122)

I also find the types of lists interesting. They are all surveys of a certain "genre" of movies, but except for the two documentary lists they each cover separate ground. I haven't focused on any of these lists in particular--it seems like this just happened due to trying to watch movies that are on lots of official lists in general.

Anyway, what are your weird list coincidences?