Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Aug 9th), Romance (Aug 28th)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Sibiriada, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2G: Russia vs Portugal (Aug 6th), Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

The mystery lists

Ebbywebby

The mystery lists

Post by Ebbywebby » May 6th, 2020, 1:53 am

Titles like s, temp, test, list_07, ttlunes3, t4, t2, Misc, test2, watch_2000, 725, Cortometrajes, Cortometrajes - VI, 234, 405 solo aqui, 611....

I don't get it.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » May 6th, 2020, 2:56 am

Cortometrajes = shorts, guessing list compiled by someone who speaks Spanish

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 6th, 2020, 2:59 am

What's the question? Why are they public? Because most people don't realize they can change who can see their lists and the default used to be public. I have lists like those, but they're private.

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » May 6th, 2020, 4:01 am

OK, I didn't guess cortometrajes meant "shorts." But otherwise...why have public lists where no one can tell what the hell their theme is? And it's not as if the lists are by newbies who don't know the ropes.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 6th, 2020, 4:10 am

I make most of my lists like that on iCM and IMDb private but I’m sure I sometimes forget. I have hundreds. I’m not really thinking of other people coming across them, I’m making them for me temporarily, so I’m not considering that really. I also name them that way to let myself know I can delete it later but deleting lists on iCM is too hard so that usually doesn’t happen... I wish there was a better way of filtering personal lists so they didn’t come up, but it’s not really a big deal (easy to scroll past since the names are meaningless).
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » May 6th, 2020, 9:52 am

These should be modded, yes.
In that, they should remain public since the user may have some use for that, but there should be a separate space to view relevant, official but not Official lists.

People also shouldnt have the ability to change the list content willynilly if people are already following the list.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo