Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: Durak, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

All official checks filtering question.

Post Reply
User avatar
Mochard
Posts: 2315
Joined: May 13, 2011
Location: California
Contact:

All official checks filtering question.

#1

Post by Mochard » November 21st, 2019, 3:46 am

I am trying to list all official checks and then filter / sort them by runtimes but I can't seem to find a way! Is it even possible to filter by runtime? I can't seem to find a way that works.

The only thing I can think of doing is to export every list then remove duplicates and then I can sort by runtime.

If this is the only way then I'm asking if anyone happens to have already created a spreadsheet with all official checks on it that they are willing to share?

Or if anyone knows of something I am missing? It would be nice if rather than seeing all movies - you see all official movies as an option then you can sort by runtimes etc.

Exporting the lists doesn't show runtimes so that's out! Maybe an imdb list exists as that would have runtimes on if exported.

Thanks

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 8170
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#2

Post by maxwelldeux » November 21st, 2019, 5:16 am

What are you looking for?

If you're looking for shorts, joachimt and mjf314 are your best friends:
All Shorts on iCM Lists
Short features: official checks from 46 to 69 minutes

If you're looking for longs, I don't have that at my fingertips.

But more generally (and I'm speaking from memory, so forgive me if I'm wrong on details), there's no way to filter only official checks, and it's not possible to export ICM search results. Also, ICM has a list limit of 5000 titles, and there are ~17000+ official checks.

But in this respect, Tim2460 is your best friend:
Films on 3+ Official lists
Films on 2 Official lists
Films on 1 Official list p1
Films on 1 Official list p2

That distills all official checks down to four lists (data are updated monthly). If you want to do more from there, that's on you. :P

User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 2519
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

#3

Post by Tim2460 » November 21st, 2019, 8:40 am

Using both icm and imdb export is indeed the way to go.

It's not that difficult but i have develop some excel skill over the years so enjoy :
https://we.tl/t-nUcjtMgTBZ

User avatar
Mochard
Posts: 2315
Joined: May 13, 2011
Location: California
Contact:

#4

Post by Mochard » November 21st, 2019, 5:14 pm

Thank you guys so much.

Yeah i was fine for shorts - oh I didn't see mjf's short features though - thats cool.

Tim - I can't download your link atm as I'm at work (I shouldn't really be on this forum either but whatever!) but thank-you again. I really appreciate it. I'll grab it on my lunch.

User avatar
Mochard
Posts: 2315
Joined: May 13, 2011
Location: California
Contact:

#5

Post by Mochard » November 21st, 2019, 8:06 pm

Tim2460 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 8:40 am
Using both icm and imdb export is indeed the way to go.

It's not that difficult but i have develop some excel skill over the years so enjoy :
https://we.tl/t-nUcjtMgTBZ
Just downloaded it - it's perfect - just what I was looking for

Thanks

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 8170
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#6

Post by maxwelldeux » November 21st, 2019, 11:36 pm

Mochard wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 8:06 pm
Tim2460 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 8:40 am
Using both icm and imdb export is indeed the way to go.

It's not that difficult but i have develop some excel skill over the years so enjoy :
https://we.tl/t-nUcjtMgTBZ
Just downloaded it - it's perfect - just what I was looking for

Thanks
Hot diggity damn... that's even better than I expected. Thanks for sharing!

User avatar
blueboybob
Donator
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: DC
Contact:

#7

Post by blueboybob » November 22nd, 2019, 12:03 am

There is also a less up to date 80 minutes list https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/offi ... adatriste/

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3455
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#8

Post by Ebbywebby » November 22nd, 2019, 12:07 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:16 am
What are you looking for?

If you're looking for shorts, joachimt and mjf314 are your best friends:
All Shorts on iCM Lists
Short features: official checks from 46 to 69 minutes
Mochard wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:14 pm

I didn't see mjf's short features though - thats cool.
It's not really JoachimT's or mjf314's short features list...it's mine. JoachimT started hosting it as a favor when non-paying users couldn't share multiple lists and, well, it has stayed that way.

I'm your best friend too. ;)

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 8170
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#9

Post by maxwelldeux » November 22nd, 2019, 12:33 am

Ebbywebby wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 12:07 am
maxwelldeux wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:16 am
What are you looking for?

If you're looking for shorts, joachimt and mjf314 are your best friends:
All Shorts on iCM Lists
Short features: official checks from 46 to 69 minutes
Mochard wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:14 pm

I didn't see mjf's short features though - thats cool.
It's not really JoachimT's or mjf314's short features list...it's mine. JoachimT started hosting it as a favor when non-paying users couldn't share multiple lists and, well, it has stayed that way.

I'm your best friend too. ;)
Best friends all around! :P

But yeah - thanks for putting that together!

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 32238
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#10

Post by joachimt » November 22nd, 2019, 5:55 am

Indeed. EbbyWebby keeps track of 46 to 69 minutes, but I update the list.
I keep track of 45 minutes and less, but mjf314 updates the list.
It's confusing, I know, but we're all best friends indeed. :hug:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 2519
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

#11

Post by Tim2460 » November 22nd, 2019, 8:10 am

Glad the excel is usefull !

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3455
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#12

Post by Ebbywebby » November 22nd, 2019, 8:50 am

joachimt wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 5:55 am
Indeed. EbbyWebby keeps track of 46 to 69 minutes, but I update the list.
I keep track of 45 minutes and less, but mjf314 updates the list.
So now I need to find some underappreciated newbie to mentor and host a list for. :)

User avatar
Coryn
Posts: 1114
Joined: Dec 05, 2018
Contact:

#13

Post by Coryn » November 22nd, 2019, 5:45 pm

Tim2460 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 8:40 am
Using both icm and imdb export is indeed the way to go.

It's not that difficult but i have develop some excel skill over the years so enjoy :
https://we.tl/t-nUcjtMgTBZ
(l) (l) (l)
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4868
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#14

Post by Onderhond » July 3rd, 2020, 7:22 pm

Wondering about a different filter myself:
Is there an easy way to see which animes are official? I've already finished the Paste list, but I'm sure there are some official checks on other lists. All bright ideas are welcome :)

User avatar
blueboybob
Donator
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: DC
Contact:

#15

Post by blueboybob » July 3rd, 2020, 8:46 pm


User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4868
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#16

Post by Onderhond » July 3rd, 2020, 9:08 pm

Good enough, only 9 pages of unchecked animation films, should be easy enough from there on. Thanks for the tip!

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 4412
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#17

Post by Fergenaprido » July 6th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Onderhond wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 9:08 pm
Good enough, only 9 pages of unchecked animation films, should be easy enough from there on. Thanks for the tip!
Actually, it's probably better to use the Beta version for this task, since genre tags stopped being added to films in the current version a few years ago, so any film recently imported to icm would not show up in that list. Try this: https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/un ... Aanimation

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4868
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#18

Post by Onderhond » July 6th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 7:27 pm
Onderhond wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 9:08 pm
Good enough, only 9 pages of unchecked animation films, should be easy enough from there on. Thanks for the tip!
Actually, it's probably better to use the Beta version for this task, since genre tags stopped being added to films in the current version a few years ago, so any film recently imported to icm would not show up in that list. Try this: https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/un ... Aanimation
Sounds promising, but the beta.icheckmovies pages never load for me. :shifty:

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 4412
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#19

Post by Fergenaprido » July 6th, 2020, 8:59 pm

Strange. Well, I can't help you much there, then. I just checked manually, and it seems there are only 3 official animes from 2016 onwards that aren't on the Paste list, and I suspect you've already seen them or are aware of them:
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/kon ... i+ni-2016/
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/yor ... +yo+otome/
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/tenki+no+ko/

There's also this list I found which may help guide you: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/500+ ... altoplists

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4868
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#20

Post by Onderhond » July 6th, 2020, 9:15 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 8:59 pm
There's also this list I found which may help guide you: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/500+ ... altoplists
Based on that one, I'm missing 3 official films. One of the wrong Harmageddon though (it lists a Finnish film), the other one is a Pokémon film and the final one Urotsukidoji ... I've seen that one before I started rating films, not sure if I should revisit.

Thanks for the tip though, handy list :)

Post Reply