Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)
World Cup S4: Manager sign-up

With the IMDB lists name changes, did you just update your ICM spreadsheet?

Did you just have to update your spreadsheet?

Yes. Already done. Like a boss.
27%
Not yet, but thanks for the reminder.
20%
No. Spreadsheets are for nerds.
53%

Total votes: 15

maxwelldeux
Donator

With the IMDB lists name changes, did you just update your ICM spreadsheet?

Post by maxwelldeux » July 5th, 2019, 6:37 pm

This was my mini-project this morning.

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » July 5th, 2019, 7:39 pm

Not yet. Although this newer naming pattern will make it quite a bit faster in the long run, as I've seen all the films on all but 6 of the lists.

flaiky

Post by flaiky » July 5th, 2019, 10:26 pm

I'm curious, what do people keep an ICM spreadsheet for?
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » July 5th, 2019, 11:16 pm

flaiky wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 10:26 pm
Biggest thing for me is keeping track of my progress on official lists - I keep track of current month, current year, and all-time progress for all official lists. I also use it to keep track of goals, challenges, as well as a film log for various stats purposes.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » July 5th, 2019, 11:20 pm

flaiky wrote:
The biggest reason is because I don't trust any website to stick around as long as I do. So if it's something I care (a lot) about, I need to keep the data. I'll admit to being horribly lax this year though in updating my Criterion and even the Oscars pages since I'm able to rely on iCM for the most part and know the data is easily available should I need to update.

The main things I capture are films/series I've watched on a page. This includes title, year, rating, tt#, runtime, and the country I assign. Additionally, I record ownership and have a field for any notes but this is mostly empty and probably was mostly used before I added tt#s. I'd often record TV show titles if I only watched an episode and had no expectation of seeing the rest of the series (Frontline, Panorama, Nova, etc)

I had a watchlist, but that has mostly morphed into the backlog of things on my harddrive. Used to also capture Film Movement and Global Film Initiative, but last time I checked that information was much harder to come by. I've got a page for the Doctor Who episodes from the series that started in the 60s.

The other two pages I use a lot are a page of official lists where I track name, checked, total, rank, last update, and have a place for notes which I mostly use to say I've checked my sources through title # X. I also leave notes when I find something on a streaming service but don't want to watch it immediately. This page also has lots of calculations mostly about awards, but all the calculations work for a bigger list ranking scheme so lists that need the most work float towards the top and get my attention. That can be hard when one is looking at a list of over 100 items. The other important page is my TV series tracking where I keep notes about how many seasons are expected and what I last watched.

Last, there are a number of calculation pages for various stats that interest me - mostly related to countries, years, and ratings.

I also keep a separate workbook for library checkouts and returns so I have a local record of due dates and dates of return (kind of important if anything gets lost with an ILL).

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » July 6th, 2019, 12:34 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 11:16 pm
flaiky wrote:
Biggest thing for me is keeping track of my progress on official lists -
This.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 6th, 2019, 1:04 am

I actually already had them labeled with IMDb before the change since the IMDb lists don’t show in the all lists tab and it was easier to update keeping them separate. Not fussed about the extra ‘top’ tho.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Simba63
Donator

Post by Simba63 » July 6th, 2019, 3:26 am

Nathan Treadway wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 12:34 am
maxwelldeux wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 11:16 pm
flaiky wrote:
Biggest thing for me is keeping track of my progress on official lists -
This.
Same here

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » July 6th, 2019, 11:55 am

Will update it probably in August when I do my next monthly progress update in my spreadsheet. Like mighty I have them already labeled as imdb tab, though, so I'm not too perturbed about updating immediately.