Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Thoughts on Film-Schools's Film-Lists

VVKT

Thoughts on Film-Schools's Film-Lists

Post by VVKT » March 25th, 2019, 11:42 am

Hey there!

I'm not a big Forum-dweller so I apologize if this discussion has already been opened.
As a Film-student, I've just realized that we don't have any official list created by Film Schools (with the exception of the Spike Lee one, if you want). Personally I think they would be a great inclusion to the site, after all filmstudents of today will be the filmmakers of the future. Besides, these lists are quite hard to find if you don't study in these schools.

What do you think? Would you like to see them officially on ICM? And secondly, are there any Film Students in the ICMForums, willing to upload the lists of their schools on the Website?

I'll start with mine, from the ZHdK (Zürich University of the Arts - Switzerland)

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/zhdk ... tory/vvkt/

(It is not 100% complete yet, since I still have to add some films manually on IMDB)

Let me know your opinions, have a great day

Vanja

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » March 25th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Interesting List VVKT : how many films are not yet on the list ?

The only lists here that suits what you're searching would be the Harvard one ?

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » March 25th, 2019, 7:31 pm

The site does have a couple of lists from Harvard, presumably from lists for film students(?), though in retrospect whether these were good adoptions, I'm not sure.

If there were a number of these lists available, don't know how site would pick which film school's lists to use, and there's also the questions of how often you update, what criteria for inclusion you use, different modules that may or may not be included, etc.