Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Adding films to IMDB

Ebbywebby

Re: Adding films to IMDB

Post by Ebbywebby » February 23rd, 2019, 10:10 pm

OK. The last time I had this issue, I think I tried to tag it with "original subtitled version." Didn't seem to give me what I wanted.

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » March 14th, 2019, 7:14 am

https://www.icheckmovies.com/search/mov ... experiment

Not quite on-topic for the thread, but I imported a slew of "NBC Experiment in Television" episodes to ICM today. Looks like some really interesting stuff, though much of it probably isn't available online. I saw The Cube awhile ago, and I did easily find streams of the Marshall McLuhan, Fellini and Buckminster Fuller episodes.

There's also one further episode that, for some reason, was transferred without the "NBC Experiment in Television" prefix.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/dre ... +mountain/
Last edited by Ebbywebby on April 10th, 2019, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harco
Donator

Post by Harco » April 10th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Povratak srpskih pobednika (1913) - IMDb

I want to add this film to the database of a Dutch website (MovieMeter.nl) and in order to do so, I need to know the director of this documentary. The introduction mentions Dyoka Bogdanovich, among others, as its producer. Could he also be the director? The Jugoslovenska Kinoteka released his Balkan Wars documentaries and news reels on Blu Ray.

Anyone able to help me out?

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » April 10th, 2019, 7:55 pm

Harco wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 6:20 pm
Povratak srpskih pobednika (1913) - IMDb

I want to add this film to the database of a Dutch website (MovieMeter.nl) and in order to do so, I need to know the director of this documentary. The introduction mentions Dyoka Bogdanovich, among others, as its producer. Could he also be the director? The Jugoslovenska Kinoteka released his Balkan Wars documentaries and news reels on Blu Ray.

Anyone able to help me out?

The intro lists four editors at :56...maybe listing those names would be your best bet, since the film apparently involved multiple cameramen working independently in different locations.

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » April 20th, 2019, 8:43 pm

My contribution history indicates I've now added 93 films to IMDb.

I thought I'd click through them and see how many have been "appreciated" (in other words, RATED by anyone).

Only seven, so far. Heh.

The Midnight Parasites
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9134710/
19 ratings —> 6.7 (the high tally probably has a lot to do with me sharing this film to this forum's anime thread. AND…someone added a poster of some kind.)
(ICM checks: 8)

A Joy
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8211910/
7 ratings —> 5.9, and someone added a poster to this one too.
(ICM checks: 4)

A MAL GAM A
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8110648/
7 ratings —> 6.7, and another added poster.
(ICM checks: 3)

Solar Breath
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8710072/
6 ratings —> 7.0
(ICM checks: 2)

Then there are three films directed by Emily Richardson.

Nocturne
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8751014/
6 ratings —> 5.8
(ICM checks: 4)

Redshift
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9134540/
5 ratings —> 7.0
(ICM checks: 2)

Aspect
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9134476/
5 rating —> 6.4
(ICM checks: 2...there are about 50 films that only Insomnius and me have checked)

beasterne

Post by beasterne » April 24th, 2019, 6:14 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 9:52 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 9:39 pm
I've added six more since my previous post, but never mind...I just have a question.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to create the standard foreign-film title format you see on IMDb...where it says a title at the top and then "original title: [non-English title]" underneath in smaller letters. As yet, I've only managed to get the alternate title added in the "Also Known As" list further down the page. Tips?
You have to tag them correctly:
In this case Complete title is wrong. Complete title is for a film whose release title is a shortened version of a longer title, so the longer title would be tagged "complete title."
Alternate language titles are pretty much always either:
"imdb display title" when the film had an official release in that country/language and this is the title it was released with. This is what makes it display the way you're looking for
or
one of the "literal title" tags when the translation is unofficial. This won't make it display in the header but allows people to search with it.

Also, unless it's a release that had different titles in US/Canada/UK/Aus the country/Language should say International English title not USA.
Thanks for this! I added a film to IMDb yesterday and this is the exact info I needed to get the alternate English title added. I went ahead and submitted an update following these guidelines, so hopefully that will get it resolved.

It was this film by the way: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10226016/. I had to get it added so I could put it in this list for A Guide to Cinephilia which is adopted from an article written by Korean film critic Jung Sung-Il: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/a+gu ... beasterne/

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » May 1st, 2019, 3:06 pm

Sightly off-topic, but I just stumbled upon this page: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4373884/

This is the first time I've seen imdb display non-Germanic non-Romantic accents and other special characters for a title name (or person's name). If this isn't just a fluke, it may be that they've made some changes and now accept these special characters, which may mean we can finally have more accurate Slavic, Baltic, Finno-Ugric, Turkic, and Icelandic transcriptions for titles (Oddly, tmdb already allows for most of these characters on their site). And maybe people's names to follow. I'm way more excited about this than I should be. :circle:

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » May 1st, 2019, 3:18 pm

I like how you think! :thumbsup:
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

albajos

Post by albajos » May 1st, 2019, 3:41 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 8:43 pm
My contribution history indicates I've now added 93 films to IMDb.
I've only added 7, 6 norwegian and 1 danish. (and many many episodes) But many more to come. We have a digital library available to everyone with a norwegian library card now, and a lot of those are not on imdb

I do have a gold badge with "Lifetime Total 1,000+" though. So it doesn't seem that there is too many people adding stuff to imdb, but rather a selected few.

Little Fair Maid (2004) 7 votes - 6.3
Play (2003) 49 votes - 5.0

are the only ones with 5+ votes

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 1st, 2019, 3:57 pm

How can you find out how many you added? I have 306 contributions, but those also include runtimes and stuff like that.

I've got that same badge btw, but to be honest I don't even know what most of those badges mean. You can click on them to get an explanation, but what do these numbers mean?

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

albajos

Post by albajos » May 1st, 2019, 4:24 pm

Ctrl+F

" New Title - "

-----

Lifetime total is the complete number of additions or corrections. Keywords, People, Roles, Akas, Quotes, Runtimes etc. So you'll get 1000 easy by adding a few features or adding episodes.
Lifetime Title - All new ttXXXXX-pages. So movies, shorts, episodes erc (I have 7 normal, but 25+ here because of epiodes)
Lifetime Plot - Adding synopsis and plots
Lifetime Trivia - Adding trivia to the trivia page
Lifetime Image - Adding posters, stills and publicity shots
Lifetime Filmo - Would be new people (Cast & Crew) on the database
Lifetime Name - Would also be new people on the database. So maybe it's just character names

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 1st, 2019, 5:16 pm

154 new titles for me then.
ICM-profile

monty

Post by monty » May 1st, 2019, 10:38 pm

joachimt wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 5:16 pm
154 new titles for me then.
I'm in that range, too.

gromit82
Donator

Post by gromit82 » May 2nd, 2019, 2:50 am

albajos wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 4:24 pm
Lifetime Name - Would also be new people on the database. So maybe it's just character names
I could be wrong about this, but I believe that each cast and crew credit you submit (whether for a new person or an established person) counts toward the Lifetime FIlmo, whereas the Lifetime Name includes only submissions of new people getting their first credit listed in the database.

Simba63
Donator

Post by Simba63 » May 2nd, 2019, 8:33 pm

gromit82 wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 2:50 am
albajos wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 4:24 pm
I could be wrong about this, but I believe that each cast and crew credit you submit (whether for a new person or an established person) counts toward the Lifetime FIlmo, whereas the Lifetime Name includes only submissions of new people getting their first credit listed in the database.
That is my understanding as well.

albajos

Post by albajos » May 2nd, 2019, 9:03 pm

Yes, if Filmo is short for Filmography that makes sense

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » May 4th, 2019, 8:57 pm

Is adding an official site a requirement? I added 3 miscellaneous links for Solomon's American Falls, but it looks like there's no official website of it.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 4th, 2019, 9:01 pm

XxXApathy420XxX wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 8:57 pm
Is adding an official site a requirement? I added 3 miscellaneous links for Solomon's American Falls, but it looks like there's no official website of it.
Not at all, in fact an official site doesn't really help (besides confirming info that I'm pretty sure no one ever checks). The point of links is just to show someone out there actually cares about this film and/or that it has (or will have) public screenings and isn't just your home movie.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 24th, 2019, 5:37 pm

Haha, cool. Maybe I'll add mine as an iCM-list as well to see who has the biggest e-penis. :P
ICM-profile

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » July 24th, 2019, 6:43 pm

joachimt wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 5:37 pm
Haha, cool. Maybe I'll add mine as an iCM-list as well to see who has the biggest e-penis. :P
:woot: