Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: Experimental/Avant Garde, Benelux, Run the Director
Film of the Week: Daisan no kagemusha, March nominations (Feb 26th)

Lost 'n' Found

sol
Donator

Post by sol »

A rare Silver:

When I first registered on iCM, I was less than 10 checks away from a Bronze on the list, so this was one of the very first Bronze awards that I actively worked towards. And it has taken me over three and a half years to upgrade it to Silver...
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

gettin bronze on
Empire's The 100 Best Films of World Cinema
by watching
Tôkyô monogatari

1st award in a long time, other than the new russian plat
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Armoreska wrote: December 13th, 2020, 9:30 pm gettin bronze on
Empire's The 100 Best Films of World Cinema
by watching
Tôkyô monogatari

1st award in a long time, other than the new russian plat
Oh, didn't know that you watch movies which are on so many official lists!
:P
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

I know, frankly it's disturbing. I would have liked to watch such famous movies in 20 years.
But, completing the Ozu filmolist is paramount.

Monogatari wasnt that much better than the average Ozu, not 17 lists better for sure. Looks like it simply got spun by critics into the limelight mostly by happenstance.
Last edited by Armoreska on December 14th, 2020, 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
beasterne

Post by beasterne »

New bronze award for BFI's Top 100 British Films. Last two checks were Great Expectations and My Left Foot. My 81st award.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

I got a message that my "Tim Dirks" award has been downgraded from silver to bronze, and yet I've seen exactly 75% of the films (84/112). I don't obsess over ICM awards, but that's puzzling. And I saw "Cuties" just three days ago, which suggests my award actually should have gone UP from bronze to silver.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Ebbywebby wrote: December 28th, 2020, 8:27 pm I got a message that my "Tim Dirks" award has been downgraded from silver to bronze, and yet I've seen exactly 75% of the films (84/112). I don't obsess over ICM awards, but that's puzzling. And I saw "Cuties" just three days ago, which suggests my award actually should have gone UP from bronze to silver.
Yeah, I saw that. Weird. Four new films have been added, including Cuties, but I think that was months ago.
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

There has been a bug with some lists where you should watch 75% +1 to get bronze. It's been like that for as long as I'm on iCM. The weird thing is it goes back and forth sometimes.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

You mean 75% + 1 to get silver?
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Yeah, sorry, that. Or 50%+1 to get bronze.
ICM-profile
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

But this doesn't explain why I would be DOWNGRADED...and shortly after I saw another film from the list?
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I've heard people mentioning before they were upgraded after checking and downgraded the next day. You should have been upgraded before you got downgraded.
ICM-profile
jeroeno

Post by jeroeno »

Hell yeah.

Torgo

Post by Torgo »

jeroeno wrote: December 30th, 2020, 7:48 pm Hell yeah.

Crazy!
:o
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

any insights? maybe a story
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
jeroeno

Post by jeroeno »

Armoreska wrote: December 31st, 2020, 4:33 am

any insights? maybe a story
Here's something funny, from the Korean challenge from August 2012.
jeroeno wrote: August 1st, 2012, 6:13 pm 02. Maeumui gohyang (A Hometown in Heart) (1949) 8/10

Finally after almost three years on ICM, the first check on the 100 Korean Films list.
By no means the best list on ICM but for some reason this has been the one list that's been THE ICM list for me because I didn't see any movies on this list before I joined ICM. I joined private trackers, started collecting AND started joining challenges, all because of this one list. And now I finished it. :circle:
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Impressive work Jeroen. :clap:
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

So all these movies are watchable for the int'l audience?
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
jeroeno

Post by jeroeno »

Armoreska wrote: January 1st, 2021, 4:53 pm So all these movies are watchable for the int'l audience?
They all have English subtitles now so if you wanted to you could watch 'em all.
jeroeno

Post by jeroeno »

I saved Monos for the Central American challenge so now I regained my platinum :banana: :cheers:
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

My FilmTotaal has been upgraded to silver. The films I have left to see are all significant classics. I'll get a platinum this year.
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
jeroeno

Post by jeroeno »

A bronze award for the new Cinema Tropical list :cheers:
Only two more lists to go : Condor de Plata and the Pinoy list. :guns:
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Woow, at 188/250 checks, I just gained ..
Your bronze iCheckMovies's Most Favorited award has been updated to silver :party:

I never really worked on this list, especially not after 2016. It just now happened en passant with enough older titles climbing into the list. I'm really happy because I love the composition of the list, it brings together many of the strengths of a geeky community. Getting to rank #75 and silvering it without extra effort means that my earlier choices in film must have been lucky. :sweat:

Now to gold! .. someday.
MMDan

Post by MMDan »

Lost my Belgian Film Award bronze, got it back for another year now.