Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Films that need info updates on ICM from imdb

Post Reply
User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Re: Films that need info updates on ICM from imdb

#2041

Post by Ebbywebby » March 6th, 2019, 9:54 pm

Jeez, how did I never notice that film's existence before?

And it looks like this film should be 1972 rather than 2010.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068943/

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2042

Post by Ebbywebby » March 6th, 2019, 9:57 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 9:54 pm
Jeez, how did I never notice that film's existence before?
Whoops, I saw it four years ago. Heh.

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 22890
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2043

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » March 7th, 2019, 12:09 am

joachimt wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 9:07 pm
Another one with a big difference where I hesitate to update it.
Kieslowski's Koncert zyczen is from 2000 on IMDb and 1967 on iCM. The releasedates on IMDb are all 2000 and later, so maybe this was never released before?
No, it's the other way around. Imdb's lack of a relevant release date is messing up the film year. I hope this isn't some automated thing they ran through the database, because there are a lot of films that don't have their original release listed and I don't feel like having to fix all of them.

Nathan Treadway
Donator
Posts: 3647
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Contact:

#2044

Post by Nathan Treadway » March 7th, 2019, 1:01 am

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/okhota-1988-1/ Now has a runtime on IMDb. Official Check.

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 22890
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2045

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » March 7th, 2019, 2:38 am

Nathan Treadway wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 1:01 am
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/okhota-1988-1/ Now has a runtime on IMDb. Official Check.
Done.



User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2048

Post by Ebbywebby » March 11th, 2019, 9:48 pm

I'm just curious, Chris...what is your criteria for submitting films with missing fields? I usually can't see your connection point to your submissions.

With me, I started with just filling in runtimes for films I've checked. Then I started considering films that are official checks. Then it was films on unofficial lists that I have bookmarked (with a little extra emphasis on Oscar-nominated films). This covers most of my adds.

While I'm here.....
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/chop+suey+and+co./
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/promises+to+keep/
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/wi ... +p.+trail/

director
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/day+one-2015/

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29089
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2049

Post by joachimt » March 12th, 2019, 5:43 am

done
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
ChrisReynolds
Donator
Posts: 2403
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Location: London, UK
Contact:

#2050

Post by ChrisReynolds » March 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 9:48 pm
I'm just curious, Chris...what is your criteria for submitting films with missing fields? I usually can't see your connection point to your submissions.

With me, I started with just filling in runtimes for films I've checked. Then I started considering films that are official checks. Then it was films on unofficial lists that I have bookmarked (with a little extra emphasis on Oscar-nominated films).
Generally, my criteria are the films with the highest number of checks that have runtimes available on IMDb but unknown runtimes on iCheckMovies.

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2051

Post by Ebbywebby » March 20th, 2019, 9:27 pm

ChrisReynolds wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 9:48 pm
I'm just curious, Chris...what is your criteria for submitting films with missing fields? I usually can't see your connection point to your submissions.

With me, I started with just filling in runtimes for films I've checked. Then I started considering films that are official checks. Then it was films on unofficial lists that I have bookmarked (with a little extra emphasis on Oscar-nominated films).
Generally, my criteria are the films with the highest number of checks that have runtimes available on IMDb but unknown runtimes on iCheckMovies.
I don't understand how you would do this, beyond just tediously skimming through page after page after page of "All Movies" sorted by checks, and seeing whether no-runtime ICM films have IMDb times. Is there a better way? Scripts?

Meanwhile....

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/the ... odern+art/

This can't be updated yet but, boy, did I find a goof. This film is actually 30 SECONDS, not 30 MINUTES. It's a commercial! I submitted a correction to IMDb...we'll see if/when it's accepted. Submitted runtimes get added very quickly for me, but corrections take longer.



User avatar
ChrisReynolds
Donator
Posts: 2403
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Location: London, UK
Contact:

#2054

Post by ChrisReynolds » March 21st, 2019, 12:13 am

Ebbywebby wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 9:27 pm
ChrisReynolds wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 9:48 pm
I'm just curious, Chris...what is your criteria for submitting films with missing fields? I usually can't see your connection point to your submissions.

With me, I started with just filling in runtimes for films I've checked. Then I started considering films that are official checks. Then it was films on unofficial lists that I have bookmarked (with a little extra emphasis on Oscar-nominated films).
Generally, my criteria are the films with the highest number of checks that have runtimes available on IMDb but unknown runtimes on iCheckMovies.
I don't understand how you would do this, beyond just tediously skimming through page after page after page of "All Movies" sorted by checks, and seeing whether no-runtime ICM films have IMDb times. Is there a better way? Scripts?
Yes, I wrote a script to compile no-runtime films. Then I use the IMDb list helper to make IMDb lists of them and then I can copy-paste the ones that have runtimes.

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2055

Post by Ebbywebby » March 21st, 2019, 12:55 am

Damn it, all the talk of scripts makes me feel so ignorant. I have no idea how to go about using scripts, and I even have an obsolete computer-science degree. A question for another thread, I guess.

There are undoubtedly some computations that I've spent a solid chunk of time doing "manually" that I could do in a snap with scripts.

wasabi
Posts: 187
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
Contact:

#2056

Post by wasabi » March 21st, 2019, 1:26 am

I just saw someone upload this one on Bilibili, but I didn't find any information on imdb. It's Bai She Zhuan (AKA: Legend of the White Snake), released in 1939.
It's probably the first version of White Snake, the most popular one might be Green Snake(1993).
I couldn't find it's IMDB link, also I'm wondering did anyone see it?
https://movie.douban.com/subject/3048125/


User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29089
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2058

Post by joachimt » March 21st, 2019, 7:55 pm

done
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"



User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2061

Post by Ebbywebby » March 23rd, 2019, 9:48 pm

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/th ... the+world/

I think this failed to update once before, but this "short" continues to irritate me. IMDb only tags it with Adventure/Drama/Fantasy/Thriller, so I can't guess why ICM thinks it's a Short AND a Documentary.

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 22890
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2062

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » March 23rd, 2019, 10:23 pm

Genres update now, so done.

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2063

Post by Ebbywebby » March 23rd, 2019, 11:05 pm

Oh, what a relief. Thanks.


User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29089
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2065

Post by joachimt » March 25th, 2019, 8:53 am

I don't see any movies at that link.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2066

Post by Ebbywebby » March 25th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Someone already fixed them, so searching for the wrong director name yields zilch now.

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 22890
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2067

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » March 25th, 2019, 8:00 pm

Yeah I fixed them last night before going to sleep and forgot to post.

User avatar
GruesomeTwosome
Donator
Posts: 2583
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Location: Industrial Wasteland, USA
Contact:

#2068

Post by GruesomeTwosome » March 26th, 2019, 6:01 pm

I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 22890
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2069

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » March 26th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Not the same, the second is a review from some tv/web show.

User avatar
GruesomeTwosome
Donator
Posts: 2583
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Location: Industrial Wasteland, USA
Contact:

#2070

Post by GruesomeTwosome » March 26th, 2019, 6:11 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 6:03 pm
Not the same, the second is a review from some tv/web show.
My bad, I didn't check the IMDB link on that second one. The presence of that entry still annoys me a little though, haha.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2071

Post by Ebbywebby » March 26th, 2019, 7:15 pm

Yeah, always check the IMDb links...I've caught myself making a mistake a few times. Especially with those early silent films in the Lumiere mode.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29089
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2072

Post by joachimt » March 26th, 2019, 7:38 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 7:15 pm
Yeah, always check the IMDb links...I've caught myself making a mistake a few times. Especially with those early silent films in the Lumiere mode.
Some of those Lumière shorts might even be duplicates on IMDb.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"


User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2074

Post by Ebbywebby » March 27th, 2019, 11:10 am


User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 22890
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2075

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » March 27th, 2019, 3:31 pm

All done. For directors with cut off names, it's easier if you link just the beta search with their name, saves you linking multiple movies and I can make sure I get all the ones for that director.

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2076

Post by Ebbywebby » March 27th, 2019, 10:27 pm

I wasn't sure which strategy was easier for the mods. Unfortunately, I have about 75 other items stockpiled that I already separated from name searches. But many of the cases were one-per-director anyway.

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/83 ... on+de+cafe
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/73 ... x+drummers
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/25 ... d+of+noise
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/11 ... sono+imoto
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/11 ... mondo+muyo
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/11 ... estiny+war
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/12 ... okyo+blood
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/1612931-haru-2013
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/18 ... +main-1948
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/19 ... ie+du+port
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/19 ... +manhattan
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/19 ... ochi+taiji
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/19 ... t+du+monde
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/20 ... rs+ii-1998
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/20 ... +chez+vous
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/20 ... es+grosses
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/23 ... gatsu-1995
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/23 ... nsatsu-ken
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/23 ... revolution
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/24 ... orned+beef
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/24 ... +la+ciotat
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/24 ... d+shoulder
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/25 ... le+maurice
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/25 ... eas-salome
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/25 ... hoten-1961
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/26 ... emmanuelle
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/26 ... +fire-2003
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/28 ... keine+lust
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/28 ... in+du+hast
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/28 ... n+ich+will
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/29 ... tout+faire
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/291094-nianchan
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/29 ... +et+le+duc
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/31 ... rotege-moi
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/32 ... une+ordure


User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2078

Post by Ebbywebby » March 27th, 2019, 11:38 pm



User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#2080

Post by Ebbywebby » March 28th, 2019, 12:18 am


Post Reply