Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: Experimental/Avant Garde, Benelux, Run the Director
Film of the Week: Daisan no kagemusha, March nominations (Feb 26th)

Which official lists shouldn't be official?

Dimitris Psachos Springer
Posts: 873
Joined: August 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#121

Post by Dimitris Psachos Springer »

mjf314 on Oct 12 2015, 05:59:18 AM wrote:
joachimt on Oct 12 2015, 04:52:15 AM wrote:
mjf314 on Oct 12 2015, 03:39:30 AM wrote:Based on these stats, the films on the box office list are not very popular among iCM users (compared to the films on other lists), which makes me wonder, why do so many iCM users favorite the list?
Maybe they enjoy a list of popular mainstream movies to have fun with. That's how I use this list once in a while, if I want a movie to watch with my wife. For that reason I value the list, but the chance of me favoriting a movie on it is very small.
Do you really want to watch a film like The Last Airbender with your wife? Aren't there better mainstream lists? Take a look at this page. It's as mainstream as the box office list but not quite as trashy.

Do you ever watch non-English-language films with your wife? There are mainstream ones that she would like, but they don't often show up on the box office list.
Last Airbender's tolerable. The Chipmunk trilogy is reason enough to commit you-know-what :P

I can accept "mainstream" selections but it's insulting to say that...the Crocodile Dundee dualogy is good mainstream or worse, "have fun with" just because it garnered a lot of cash from deluded masses, flocking aimlessly at theatres to offer part of their salaries to private big-bucks. If mainstream fun is the primary reason to keep this list official, it's a lousy reason objectively speaking.
Last edited by Dimitris Psachos Springer on October 12th, 2015, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33367
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#122

Post by joachimt »

mjf314 on Oct 12 2015, 05:59:18 AM wrote:Do you ever watch non-English-language films with your wife? There are mainstream ones that she would like, but they don't often show up on the box office list.
Yes. I didn't say I only pick movies from the box-office list to watch with my wife. I use other sources as well, for example our own list from this decade.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Kasparius
Posts: 24613
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#123

Post by Kasparius »

There are way worse lists than the ones you mentioned. FOk, Reddit, movie 101, etc...
Jay Mars
Posts: 2016
Joined: January 22nd, 2013, 7:00 am
Location: Orange County, California
Contact:

#124

Post by Jay Mars »

Dimitris Psachos Springer on Oct 12 2015, 08:45:28 AM wrote:I can accept "mainstream" selections but it's insulting to say that...the Crocodile Dundee dualogy is good mainstream or worse, "have fun with" just because it garnered a lot of cash from deluded masses, flocking aimlessly at theatres to offer part of their salaries to private big-bucks. If mainstream fun is the primary reason to keep this list official, it's a lousy reason objectively speaking.
So you start off saying you can accept mainstream selections (how magnanimous of you) but then you go on to denigrate mainstream fun. I don't know why a list of mainstream success is "objectively speaking" a lousy reason to keep the list official. I think you mean subjectively speaking. It's no more or less worthy than Cannes winners, critics choices, a list of bad b-movies, or our own lists that have become official. It's just one of many.

And to say people went to see Crocodile Dundee because they are "deluded masses" is the worst kind of snobbery. You and I may not like those movies, but plenty of people did. People enjoyed them and found them funny, and not because they were brainwashed into seeing them. I don't understand why their opinions and tastes don't matter on one lousy list on the site, but yours does.

And I still don't understand what your beef is with this list. Everyone here pretty much ignores it. Why is that so hard for you? Are you afraid someone who has seen the entire Roland Emmerich filmography and nothing by Chantal Ackerman will surpass you in the rankings?
Kasparius
Posts: 24613
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#125

Post by Kasparius »

Jay Mars on Oct 12 2015, 12:46:23 PM wrote:And I still don't understand what your beef is with this list. Everyone here pretty much ignores it. Why is that so hard for you? Are you afraid someone who has seen the entire Roland Emmerich filmography and nothing by Chantal Ackerman will surpass you in the rankings?
This x 100.
User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#126

Post by monty »

Let's not forget that mastery of the box office list demonstrates how superbly in tune with pop culture one is - at least that's gotta be a goal worth striving for?
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 6107
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#127

Post by Onderhond »

As you can't bash the things you haven't seen (not if you want to be taken seriously at least), a decent score on the Box-office list seems like a normal goal for every film fan out there.
Also, I look forward more to watching Pixels than I look forward to my first Akerman. People like that exist.
Last edited by Onderhond on October 12th, 2015, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 2083
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#128

Post by Torgo »

I recently had a flatrate for my local cineplex and among my 14 visits during the 3-week-period were gems like Pixels, Fantastic Four, Hitman: Agent 47, We Are Your Friends and Germany's very own Bottom 100 smasher Kartoffelsalat (which until now hold a #1 rank on it with an overall rating between 1.0 and 1.1 - no idea what happened there).

You know, it always made me smile to get back onto our forum then and read about how half of TSPDT is shit, that the IMDb Top 250 was basically full of mainstream trash and that lists like Reddit, Fok or Moviesense are at best just awful.
:lol:

I also enjoyed getting to watch my share of <400 movies each evening even more. ^_^
User avatar
metaller
Donator
Posts: 2861
Joined: June 17th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#129

Post by metaller »

My condolences for watching Kartoffelsalat. Is it recommendable in a so-bad-it's-good way? Even my little cousin, who watches those shitty youtubers regularly said that the film was total crap...
Last edited by metaller on October 12th, 2015, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 2083
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#130

Post by Torgo »

metaller on Oct 12 2015, 01:59:02 PM wrote:Is it recommendable in a so-bad-it's-good way?
No.
Although I've definitely seen movies I hated more, like each and every single film by Friedberg & Seltzer - and you don't even get a Box Office check for those. <_<

However, fear not: Fellow Youtube stars Die Lochis are coming with their first motion picture! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taDQ-8orzDo
Whoop whoop.
User avatar
jvv
Donator
Posts: 8696
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#131

Post by jvv »

Torgo on Oct 12 2015, 02:11:29 PM wrote:However, fear not: Fellow Youtube stars Die Lochis are coming with their first motion picture! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taDQ-8orzDo
Whoop whoop.
Looks like a big hit to me. :whistling:
User avatar
bal3x
Donator
Posts: 13073
Joined: May 26th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#132

Post by bal3x »

monty on Oct 12 2015, 01:17:34 PM wrote:Let's not forget that mastery of the box office list demonstrates how superbly in tune with pop culture one is - at least that's gotta be a goal worth striving for?
Actually even if I personally ignore the box-office list I don't think it should be removed since it gives a good indication as to what is popular these days...
Last edited by bal3x on October 12th, 2015, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitris Psachos Springer
Posts: 873
Joined: August 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#133

Post by Dimitris Psachos Springer »

"And to say people went to see Crocodile Dundee because they are "deluded masses" is the worst kind of snobbery. You and I may not like those movies, but plenty of people did. People enjoyed them and found them funny, and not because they were brainwashed into seeing them. I don't understand why their opinions and tastes don't matter on one lousy list on the site, but yours does."

Well, people enjoy the Bible and Desert Flower, that doesn't mean they don't suck.

I didn't say it's THE worst. Whenever I'm commenting around here, certain individuals twist my words. I equally despise i.e. Reddit, Film Comedy, More Noirs and Badmovies.org, more so than TSZDT!

I still won't accept though this "limitless" as it seems (thus far) list which attempts to portray an array of pop culture examples, all because of a specific, financial checkpoint. That's a very lousy excuse of pop culture "promotion" from where I stand, coming from your petty group of "ignore it if you don't like it".

Some individuals had "issues" with particular choices (and don't try to hide your sentiments) during the IMDb voting bias, now all of a sudden, a batch of "free speech" losers don't mind the incessant upgrade of a popcorn list because I blatantly spoke against it.

What's wrong with popcorn?
Way too much of it standing next to salads and soups.

"People enjoyed them and found them funny, and not because they were brainwashed into seeing them."

The way they enjoy Judd Apatow movies? No brainwashing here too? Same thing with Michael Bay films? O-K....
Last edited by Dimitris Psachos Springer on October 12th, 2015, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasparius
Posts: 24613
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#134

Post by Kasparius »

People are also brainwashed into thinking Angelopolous has any form of talent. People are stupid.
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12915
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#135

Post by AdamH »

Dimitris has checked 612/614 on the all-time box office list. I wouldn't be sitting through hundreds of films in a list I claim to despise but each to his own.
User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 21072
Joined: October 24th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#136

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 03:13:21 PM wrote:People are also brainwashed into thinking Angelopolous has any form of talent. People are stupid.
Image
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.
Dimitris Psachos Springer
Posts: 873
Joined: August 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#137

Post by Dimitris Psachos Springer »

Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 03:13:21 PM wrote:People are also brainwashed into thinking Angelopolous has any form of talent. People are stupid.
I could have mentioned the same about your precious jerk Godard but still, there's a difference between popcorn (Michael Bay) and peach (Godard).
No matter how some peaches might be sour (Elegy of Love), it's a lovely taste for the most part (Weekend) . That's how a cine-researcher should be. You on the other hand can indulge in your "measure to measure" sentiments and twist my comments like the wretched elitist you are.

By the way, just because I've seen many films from lists I despise (you can say that about Reddit and FOK too, another mister-irony in the forum, so many of you around here), doesn't mean I cannot criticize the reason of why certain lists are ludicrous as "official" checks. I suddenly realized i've almost seen half of TSZDT but I hadn't even cared to browse this list prior to its official status. Spare me your ironic crap.
Last edited by Dimitris Psachos Springer on October 12th, 2015, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#138

Post by monty »

Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 03:13:21 PM wrote:People are also brainwashed into thinking Angelopolous has any form of talent. People are stupid.
Session in progress:
Image
Also, another random fashion tip for Art.
Last edited by monty on October 12th, 2015, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasparius
Posts: 24613
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#139

Post by Kasparius »

Dimitris Psachos Springer on Oct 12 2015, 03:20:49 PM wrote:
Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 03:13:21 PM wrote:People are also brainwashed into thinking Angelopolous has any form of talent. People are stupid.
I could have mentioned the same about your precious jerk Godard but still, there's a difference between popcorn (Michael Bay) and peach (Godard).
No matter how some peaches might be sour (Elegy of Love), it's a lovely taste for the most part (. That's how a cine-researcher should be. You on the other hand can indulge in your "measure to measure" sentiments and twist my comments like the wretched elitist you are.
Frankly, I'm just giving you a taste of your own condescending medicine. My father likes Theo, and he's a vastly intelligent and interesting person, so I certainly don't believe that only brainwashed idiots like Angelopolous. The same way I don't believe a person who likes mainstream blockbuster is an idiot either. What you don't seem to realize (or perhaps more precisely, care to realize) is that the forum is composed of many different film buffs, including populists who like working on the list you dump your poison on.
Dimitris Psachos Springer
Posts: 873
Joined: August 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#140

Post by Dimitris Psachos Springer »

Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 03:32:42 PM wrote:What you don't seem to realize (or perhaps more precisely, care to realize) is that the forum is composed of many different film buffs, including populists who like working on the list you dump your poison on.
You can't even properly spell a name, hence your argument is of zero significance.

See, I didn't really mind the inclusion of Bollywood, Hababam and Soviet comedies in the IMDb lists, I did respect the "populist" demand though of altering the IMDb codes or whatever that was in order to cease cheating (as much as possible) and I still don't mind the multi-variety of some Bollywood MAINSTREAM additions.

What's your fucking beef with my own contradiction?
Last edited by Dimitris Psachos Springer on October 12th, 2015, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 4084
Joined: October 4th, 2013, 6:00 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

#141

Post by Lammetje »

Looks like Dimitris is mad again. At least he's not tarding up a results thread this time. :happy:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
Dimitris Psachos Springer
Posts: 873
Joined: August 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#142

Post by Dimitris Psachos Springer »

Lammetje on Oct 12 2015, 03:49:27 PM wrote:Looks like Dimitris is mad again. At least he's not tarding up a results thread this time. :happy:
When crowds were roaring about the IMDb lists, I didn't notice those type of "oh look, he's angry" remarks. What a loving group of "forum members" this is indeed.
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11744
Joined: May 29th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#143

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi »

AdamH on Oct 12 2015, 03:14:29 PM wrote:Dimitris has checked 612/614 on the all-time box office list. I wouldn't be sitting through hundreds of films in a list I claim to despise but each to his own.
Not taking a swipe at Dimitris, but it really is extraordinary to me that the person arguing so staunchly against this huge list (and against its hugeness itself) has also maintained a near platinum on that list. :satstunned:
User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#144

Post by monty »

Dimitris Psachos Springer on Oct 12 2015, 03:50:53 PM wrote:
Lammetje on Oct 12 2015, 03:49:27 PM wrote:Looks like Dimitris is mad again. At least he's not tarding up a results thread this time. :happy:
When crowds were roaring about the IMDb lists, I didn't notice those type of "oh look, he's angry" remarks. What a loving group of "forum members" this is indeed.
Relax - take a breather, D.

Image
Kasparius
Posts: 24613
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#145

Post by Kasparius »

Dimitris Psachos Springer on Oct 12 2015, 03:41:18 PM wrote:
Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 03:32:42 PM wrote:What you don't seem to realize (or perhaps more precisely, care to realize) is that the forum is composed of many different film buffs, including populists who like working on the list you dump your poison on.
You can't even properly spell a name, hence your argument is of zero significance.

See, I didn't really mind the inclusion of Bollywood, Hababam and Soviet comedies in the IMDb lists, I did respect the "populist" demand though of altering the IMDb codes or whatever that was in order to cease cheating (as much as possible) and I still don't mind the multi-variety of some Bollywood MAINSTREAM additions.

What's your fucking beef with my own contradiction?
Because you can't be ok with some mainstream and not be ok with the other mainstream. Do you think Bollywood or Turkish mainstream is any less nefarious and mercenary than the United States mainstream? Then you are clearly naive. As a matter of fact I would argue that they are exponentially worse because their moral compass is repulsive. I've seen countless of those Bollywood films where the misogynistic, or sociopolitical agenda was utterly atrocious.

And my inability to spell a name makes my argument void? That doesn't sound like the summit of elitist retort to you? Plus if we're going to judge people on their grammar, or spelling, you are clearly at a disadvantage here.
User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 21072
Joined: October 24th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#146

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Did my time machine work? It feels like I'm in late 2011 early 2012 again. No sign of Pain, George Bailey and St. Gloede though.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.
Kasparius
Posts: 24613
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#147

Post by Kasparius »

Ettinauer226XL on Oct 12 2015, 04:04:13 PM wrote:Did my time machine work? It feels like I'm in late 2011 early 2012 again. No sign of Pain, George Bailey and St. Gloede though.
I miss Pain.
Dimitris Psachos Springer
Posts: 873
Joined: August 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#148

Post by Dimitris Psachos Springer »

Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 03:59:01 PM wrote:
Dimitris Psachos Springer on Oct 12 2015, 03:41:18 PM wrote:
Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 03:32:42 PM wrote:What you don't seem to realize (or perhaps more precisely, care to realize) is that the forum is composed of many different film buffs, including populists who like working on the list you dump your poison on.
You can't even properly spell a name, hence your argument is of zero significance.

See, I didn't really mind the inclusion of Bollywood, Hababam and Soviet comedies in the IMDb lists, I did respect the "populist" demand though of altering the IMDb codes or whatever that was in order to cease cheating (as much as possible) and I still don't mind the multi-variety of some Bollywood MAINSTREAM additions.

What's your fucking beef with my own contradiction?
Because you can't be ok with some mainstream and not be ok with the other mainstream. Do you think Bollywood or Turkish mainstream is any less nefarious and mercenary than the United States mainstream? Then you are clearly naive. As a matter of fact I would argue that they are exponentially worse because their moral compass is repulsive. I've seen countless of those Bollywood films where the misogynistic, or sociopolitical agenda was utterly atrocious.

And my inability to spell a name makes my argument void? That doesn't sound like the summit of elitist retort to you? Plus if we're going to judge people on their grammar, or spelling, you are clearly at a disadvantage here.
We're resorting to nationality attacks now based on faux presumptions on language "weaknesses", since you're unable to defend my smirk-within-a-smirk argument about your original hostility.

I seem to be mentioning stuff and events but the ones who are degrading me aren't bothering to read them, they instead insist on twisting what I said. You elitist nobody, I did say I respected individuals' "issues" about their discomfort with cheating, concerning IMDb lists. Even with those (agreeably, chauvinist) scarse additions, they're top 50 lists, not "top 614 and sky's the limit" lists, THAT'S my whole fucking point, sick know-it-all.
User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 21072
Joined: October 24th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#149

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 04:08:00 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Oct 12 2015, 04:04:13 PM wrote:Did my time machine work? It feels like I'm in late 2011 early 2012 again. No sign of Pain, George Bailey and St. Gloede though.
I miss Pain.
I can fix that. I'll send you these
Spoiler: click to toggle
Image
I miss Pain too.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.
Kasparius
Posts: 24613
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#150

Post by Kasparius »

Dimitris Psachos Springer on Oct 12 2015, 04:08:37 PM wrote: I seem to be mentioning stuff and events but the ones who are degrading me aren't bothering to read them, they instead insist on twisting what I said.
It's funny, because I'm convinced that's how most of the people on the forum feel when you reply to their posts.

Also once again you have this martyr complex about people not understanding you or disliking you, but here is the reality. You are disrespectful of other people's taste, and write long diatribes about specific lists, genres and movies that in your opinion are mainstream trash without any regards for other people's feelings.

See, I probably do the same thing, but I never wondered why people were pissed at me. I am self aware enough to know that I made my own bed. So quit your fucking whining. If you are going to be a dick, at least be a man about it.
Last edited by Kasparius on October 12th, 2015, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 21072
Joined: October 24th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#151

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Off topic but one of my followers had this post on tumblr and it is by far the most passive-aggressive movie related post I've ever seen, beyond anything in this forum. I was tempted to call him out but I decided to be nice and I just blocked him
Maybe i should start taking requests (as silly as it sounds to me), since most of my recents sets have like single digit notes on them. Not mainstream enough, not obscure enough, who knows. Or maybe i should just delete tumblr once and for all. And find a platform where i might be more appreciated. If it even exists.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.
Dimitris Psachos Springer
Posts: 873
Joined: August 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#152

Post by Dimitris Psachos Springer »

Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 04:18:16 PM wrote: See, I probably do the same thing, but I never wondered why people were pissed at me. I am self aware enough to know that I made my own bed. So quit your fucking whining, if you are going to be a dick, at least be a man about it.
There's a difference between people raving against IMDb lists and somehow "agreeing" with each other like spoiled cry-babies and an individual who's all of a sudden the one who's "wrong" about the phoniness of a box office list.
Dick yourself all you want.
Last edited by Dimitris Psachos Springer on October 12th, 2015, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#153

Post by monty »

So how do you like John Krish, Art?
User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 21072
Joined: October 24th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#154

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

monty on Oct 12 2015, 04:25:24 PM wrote:So how do you like John Krish, Art?
His other docs seems like they're not interesting enough for me. I Think They Call Him John was just amazing and will hopefully rekindle my interest in movies which was ruined by The Legend of 1900.

An absolutely heartbreaking doc though. Kind of made me realize that I'll need to change myself soon or else my life could be like that 24/7. Basically it's about a retired widower and his life is pretty much like Jeanne Dielman's.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.
Kasparius
Posts: 24613
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#155

Post by Kasparius »

This reminds me, I hope people here have a good nest egg.
User avatar
monty
Posts: 12791
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#156

Post by monty »

@Art: You really should check out Krish's short Searching - should be right up your alley.
@kas: Meaning?
Last edited by monty on October 12th, 2015, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasparius
Posts: 24613
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#157

Post by Kasparius »

monty on Oct 12 2015, 04:36:29 PM wrote:@Art: You really should check out Krish's short Searching - should be right up your alley.
@kas: Meaning?
Now that LCWhiner is gone, someone needs to make sure you guys are financially responsible.
User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 21072
Joined: October 24th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#158

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

I get sad every time LCW gets mentioned because I never had the pleasure of meeting this man. I'm sure he would have loved me.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12915
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#159

Post by AdamH »

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Oct 12 2015, 03:52:22 PM wrote:
AdamH on Oct 12 2015, 03:14:29 PM wrote:Dimitris has checked 612/614 on the all-time box office list. I wouldn't be sitting through hundreds of films in a list I claim to despise but each to his own.
Not taking a swipe at Dimitris, but it really is extraordinary to me that the person arguing so staunchly against this huge list (and against its hugeness itself) has also maintained a near platinum on that list. :satstunned:
Interested to hear why Dimitris continues to watch all of the films on the list.
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12915
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#160

Post by AdamH »

Kasparius on Oct 12 2015, 04:08:00 PM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Oct 12 2015, 04:04:13 PM wrote:Did my time machine work? It feels like I'm in late 2011 early 2012 again. No sign of Pain, George Bailey and St. Gloede though.
I miss Pain.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Image
I miss Pain as well. Only one post in the last two years (to submit his list for 500<400 in 2014). Doubt he'll be back but you never know.

Talking about old posters, I wonder what happened to SeanMX.
Last edited by AdamH on October 13th, 2015, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply