Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)

iCheckMovies Enhanced

whymse

iCheckMovies Enhanced

Post by whymse » January 1st, 2012, 10:52 pm

Thanks for this! Great additions to the site.
Is there any chance that cross referencing can be added to the progress page in the future? I mainly used it in the past to cross reference random lists that I'm close to awards on.

I also really liked the option to see all results on the cross reference. For example, if I picked 5 lists and there was a movie on 3 of the 5 with the "list all results" option I would see it. Now because there is no movie on all 5 lists I get back zero results.
Last edited by whymse on January 1st, 2012, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themagician

Post by themagician » January 1st, 2012, 11:23 pm

whymse on Jan 1 2012, 03:52:32 PM wrote:Thanks for this! Great additions to the site.
Is there any chance that cross referencing can be added to the progress page in the future? I mainly used it in the past to cross reference random lists that I'm close to awards on.

I also really liked the option to see all results on the cross reference. For example, if I picked 5 lists and there was a movie on 3 of the 5 with the "list all results" option I would see it. Now because there is no movie on all 5 lists I get back zero results.
Sure! I'll add it to the progress page in the next update.

You can change the results being displayed in the configuration menu. Just click "List cross-referencing":

whymse

Post by whymse » January 1st, 2012, 11:26 pm

Thanks... I didn't even realize that was a link with additional options. This makes the site so much better for me. Can't express my thanks enough.

Only other suggestion might be the option to disable the tags under toplists entirely.
The mouseover expansion isn't needed if one has no interest at all in the tags (like me).

themagician

Post by themagician » January 1st, 2012, 11:30 pm

whymse on Jan 1 2012, 04:26:44 PM wrote:Thanks... I didn't even realize that was a link with additional options. This makes the site so much better for me. Can't express my thanks enough.

Only other suggestion might be the option to disable the tags under toplists entirely.
The mouseover expansion isn't needed if one has no interest at all in the tags (like me).
I was just thinking of adding that feature! Which I'm doing right now...

EDIT: Done! Updated first post with version 1.4.1. This is the only modification to this version since it only took a few minutes to do.
Last edited by themagician on January 1st, 2012, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LarsC

Post by LarsC » January 2nd, 2012, 1:22 am

Thanks! It's good to have the upcoming awards list available again. I like this version much better than the one they used for icm 2.0.

Jook

Post by Jook » January 2nd, 2012, 4:43 am

themagician on Jan 1 2012, 02:15:20 PM wrote:
Jook on Jan 1 2012, 01:31:08 PM wrote:I can't for the life of me work out how to word this, but is the feature where the lists were automatically sorted in order of how close you are to the awards still there? I know you can do it manually but I always want to view the lists like this so it's a bit of a pain doing it each time I click 'progress'

Edit: And actually you can rank it on 'closest award' on ICM but not so that the lists at the top will be the closest lists to PLATINUM, like ICM Enhanced previously did?
It seems to only have 'closest award' sorting indeed. Falsely remembered they had implemented this. I'll add it back in in the next update. Meanwhile you could favorite / watchlist all the official lists and sort them that way, since those pages (favorite lists, etc) allow manual ordering similarly to your favorite movies page. I'll probably also add the 'closest to platinum' sorting to these pages as well, although I have to see how the site reacts to it since it updates the order on the server every time you change the lists' order.
Fantastic, thanks!

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » January 2nd, 2012, 11:36 am

Thanks!

"Hide tags" with "Show tags when hovering" enabled works awkwardly with compact list view on "Overview of top lists", no tags are shown on hovering but extra space is added. FF 9.0.1, Win 7.
Last edited by bobbybrown on January 2nd, 2012, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » February 10th, 2012, 10:33 pm

It seems like such a long time ago since ICM looked like this.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 18th, 2012, 9:33 am

Is it just me or are some lists not hiding movie tags properly?
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

themagician

Post by themagician » February 18th, 2012, 10:25 am

mightysparks on Feb 18 2012, 02:33:11 AM wrote:Is it just me or are some lists not hiding movie tags properly?
Probably just you. What's the problem and what browser are you using?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 18th, 2012, 10:38 am

themagician on Feb 18 2012, 03:25:41 AM wrote:
mightysparks on Feb 18 2012, 02:33:11 AM wrote:Is it just me or are some lists not hiding movie tags properly?
Probably just you. What's the problem and what browser are you using?
Firefox 10.0.2, I have it set to hide tags and it's fine on most lists, but every now and then I'll go on a list and they won't hide at all, even after refreshing etc. I thought it might be just coz my internet sucks and it was taking a while to load, but they still show after the page stops loading/after a refresh.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

themagician

Post by themagician » February 18th, 2012, 11:01 am

You could download the Stylish add-on for Firefox and use this custom CSS to hide the tags:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document domain('icheckmovies.com')
{
ol#itemListToplists li .info:last-child, ol#itemListMovies li .tagList { display: none !important; }
}
One benefit over the GM script is that it's instantaneous.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 18th, 2012, 11:13 am

Ok, I'll give that a go.

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » March 2nd, 2012, 11:00 pm

themagician on Jan 1 2012, 01:25:28 PM wrote:List cross-referencing should work, but it doesn't work with the scrolling navigation scripts. I'll do that sometime later. Favorite whatever lists you want to compare and then use the script on the list favorites page. It also works on the Disliked and Watchlist pages for lists if you'd prefer to use those.
Hi, themagician, I wonder if you could easily help me with this. I'm missing this cross-referencing function. When I save the settings it doesn't activate that pop-up message about the red symbol or anything and I can't select lists. What are the scrolling navigation scripts?
I have the same problem running the script both with Black Canvas in Chrome and with Greasemonkey in Firefox.

themagician

Post by themagician » March 2nd, 2012, 11:24 pm

lampadatriste on Mar 2 2012, 04:00:38 PM wrote:
themagician on Jan 1 2012, 01:25:28 PM wrote:List cross-referencing should work, but it doesn't work with the scrolling navigation scripts. I'll do that sometime later. Favorite whatever lists you want to compare and then use the script on the list favorites page. It also works on the Disliked and Watchlist pages for lists if you'd prefer to use those.
Hi, themagician, I wonder if you could easily help me with this. I'm missing this cross-referencing function. When I save the settings it doesn't activate that pop-up message about the red symbol or anything and I can't select lists. What are the scrolling navigation scripts?
I have the same problem running the script both with Black Canvas in Chrome and with Greasemonkey in Firefox.
I re-designed the cross-referencing feature a while back. When you enable the feature in the configuration window there should be a button under the lists that says "activate cr", when you click that you should be able to select lists. Then click the "cross-reference" tab to see what lists you've selected and finally click the "cross-reference" button under the selected lists to do the thing.

The scrolling navigation scripts can be found here: http://www.icmforum.comsingle/?p=8157843&t=7026398

edit: Those scrolling navigation scripts might not work properly since they've changed some things on the iCM layout.
Last edited by themagician on March 2nd, 2012, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » March 3rd, 2012, 2:24 am

Thank you! It looks great, it's better that way. I just didn't see it, sorry. Unfortunately, there's no output, it says there are no films in both lists, though there are. Maybe it's because they're personal lists.

themagician

Post by themagician » March 3rd, 2012, 2:29 am

lampadatriste on Mar 2 2012, 07:24:28 PM wrote:Thank you! It looks great, it's better that way. I just didn't see it, sorry. Unfortunately, there's no output, it says there are no films in both lists, though there are. Maybe it's because they're personal lists.
It only counts unchecked films. If it's not counting unchecked films then it's a bug in which case knowing the lists where it fails would be plenty helpful.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » March 3rd, 2012, 1:08 pm

when you click that you should be able to select lists
I have a problem with this bit - activate CR is there, but how do I select the lists to include in CR? New CR tab pops up, but I cannot select lists. FF 10.02 on Lion and Win XP. Any ideas?

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » March 3rd, 2012, 5:20 pm

themagician on Mar 2 2012, 07:29:50 PM wrote:
lampadatriste on Mar 2 2012, 07:24:28 PM wrote:Thank you! It looks great, it's better that way. I just didn't see it, sorry. Unfortunately, there's no output, it says there are no films in both lists, though there are. Maybe it's because they're personal lists.
It only counts unchecked films. If it's not counting unchecked films then it's a bug in which case knowing the lists where it fails would be plenty helpful.
That makes a lot of sense, because I was trying to use it to count how many films from my top 250 were already on ICM favorites, and therefore there are no unchecked films, of course. I tried it with other lists and it works very nicely.

themagician

Post by themagician » March 3rd, 2012, 9:23 pm

bal3x on Mar 3 2012, 06:08:08 AM wrote:
I have a problem with this bit - activate CR is there, but how do I select the lists to include in CR? New CR tab pops up, but I cannot select lists. FF 10.02 on Lion and Win XP. Any ideas?
You should be able to just click on a list to select it.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » March 4th, 2012, 2:13 pm

themagician on Mar 3 2012, 02:23:36 PM wrote:
bal3x on Mar 3 2012, 06:08:08 AM wrote:
You should be able to just click on a list to select it.
Strange, when I click on a list it just opens in a regular way... how do I select it?

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » March 4th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Try clicking outside the text area, to avoid the link. It should turn grey.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » March 4th, 2012, 2:38 pm

lampadatriste on Mar 4 2012, 07:33:24 AM wrote:Try clicking outside the text area, to avoid the link. It should turn grey.
Oh, thanks, that works! :)

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 8th, 2012, 2:12 pm

This is about your IMDb script but I couldn't remember where the thread was for that (or if there was one); what is the thingy you put in so it ignores the years at the end of a film?

themagician

Post by themagician » March 8th, 2012, 2:52 pm

mightysparks on Mar 8 2012, 07:12:07 AM wrote:This is about your IMDb script but I couldn't remember where the thread was for that (or if there was one); what is the thingy you put in so it ignores the years at the end of a film?
Try if this works: ^(.[^(]*)

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 8th, 2012, 2:57 pm

themagician on Mar 8 2012, 07:52:34 AM wrote:
mightysparks on Mar 8 2012, 07:12:07 AM wrote:This is about your IMDb script but I couldn't remember where the thread was for that (or if there was one); what is the thingy you put in so it ignores the years at the end of a film?
Try if this works: ^(.[^(]*)
Seems to be working. My hero :wub:

That has been annoying me for ages, thanks.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 16th, 2012, 7:10 pm

This is about the IMDb list script again; I'm trying to do the automatic thingy with a bunch of URLs and it normally works perfectly, but now it's stopping after 10-20 entries :/

themagician

Post by themagician » May 16th, 2012, 7:37 pm

mightysparks on May 16 2012, 01:10:52 PM wrote:This is about the IMDb list script again; I'm trying to do the automatic thingy with a bunch of URLs and it normally works perfectly, but now it's stopping after 10-20 entries :/
If you open the GM script to edit it and scroll all the way down you'll see the number 500 in there, try changing it to 1000 or 2000 or something and see if that helps. It's the delay between each http request in milliseconds. IMDb may have implemented something that sees too many http requests too fast suspicious and is blocking the http requests. It's just a guess though, but worth trying. I'm way too sleepy to check what's wrong. Going to bed soon anyway. If that doesn't work I can try if it works for me tomorrow.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 16th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Alrighty I'll try that tomorrow (just got into bed). It ended up sometimes doing bigger lots and sometimes only 1-2 before stopping.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 18th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Finally got around to it; I changed the value to 1000 and haven't had a problem yet, so it looks like that works.

Edit: I spoke too soon, it just stopped on me :(
Last edited by mightysparks on May 18th, 2012, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themagician

Post by themagician » May 23rd, 2012, 10:03 am

It's a weird bug for sure, I don't really know why it stops. It does that for me too. At least it's not IMDb blocking the requests.

Meanwhile, I updated the Enhanced script with a few small ones.

1) You can now choose to display negative values in the upcoming awards list on individual lists. E.g. instead of displaying Bronze: 0, you can now choose to display e.g. Bronze: -13

2) You can show a new tab on individual lists for entries on your Watchlist. It shows the number of entries on your watchlist and when you click the tab it shows only those entries.

3) Similarly there's a tab for Owned entries. If you enable this feature you can also emulate the paid Owned feature, but you can only see what you own on individual lists. When you enable it, just click the "Owned" icon to (un)mark a film as owned. Note that if you have a paid account you have to uncheck the "Free account" option under the owned tab feature! Otherwise the real feature won't work.

Also if you enable either of these tabs the "Order by" and the view feature next to the tabs are moved to the description field above it, otherwise there isn't enough space for them.

edit: Actually, anyone with a paid account who uses this, would appreciate if you could report back if the Owned feature still works if you enable the tab and uncheck the "free account" option, because I'm not 100% sure if it'll still work.

edit2: Version 1.4.5 moves the features next to tabs to a better location now (right below "favorite" etc icons).

edit3: 1.4.6 fixes the overflowing top users tab when enabling watchlist/owned tab on long lists.
Last edited by themagician on May 23rd, 2012, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

mimurph1

Post by mimurph1 » May 25th, 2012, 9:46 pm

Just wanted to thank you for all the hard work! I just discovered this tool yesterday and along with the ichecknetflix script to easily find movies on instant watch, this has been a fun (and powerful) tool for me to goof around with.
Spoiler: click to toggleShow

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » June 2nd, 2012, 8:35 am

themagician, would it be too much of a hassle to add the ability to hide specific lists from Upcoming Awards List Overview? "Hide" buttons on each row of the table and a list in the settings to be able to return hidden lists back to the overview. Or just two list boxes in the settings, one with all visible official lists and one with hidden lists, and a button to move selected lists from one box to the other.

It'd be a great enhancement of the script and would lessen the urge (for me, at least) to pursue awards for volatile IMDb lists.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » June 2nd, 2012, 5:38 pm

Another thing about the IMDb script (we really need a separate thread for that lol): Yesterday or so, it started skipping lots of movies. It was going through the links extremely fast, but would only add a few before searching for the rest in a matter of seconds and not adding any.

themagician

Post by themagician » June 2nd, 2012, 8:49 pm

bobbybrown on Jun 2 2012, 02:35:22 AM wrote:themagician, would it be too much of a hassle to add the ability to hide specific lists from Upcoming Awards List Overview? "Hide" buttons on each row of the table and a list in the settings to be able to return hidden lists back to the overview. Or just two list boxes in the settings, one with all visible official lists and one with hidden lists, and a button to move selected lists from one box to the other.

It'd be a great enhancement of the script and would lessen the urge (for me, at least) to pursue awards for volatile IMDb lists.
Try the new version (1.4.8).

It also has an extended feature for the owned movies emulation that lets you see owned movies by clicking the Owned tab on all the /movies/* pages that you can access under the Movies->All Movies dropdown menu. Like watchlist, disliked, favorite, etc. But still doesn't show if you own a movie on an individual movie page. Maybe soon...
Last edited by themagician on June 2nd, 2012, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » June 2nd, 2012, 9:48 pm

themagician on Jun 2 2012, 02:49:02 PM wrote:Try the new version (1.4.8).
Thanks, that's fantastic! One of the most interesting and usable features of the whole ICM gets improved faster than The Guys add an "Add this movie to that list" card to Trello. I think I can die happily now.

WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff » June 2nd, 2012, 10:19 pm

Hmm, I just tried 1.4.8 and when I click on Load Upcoming Awards, the link then disappears and nothing happens. I am using Chrome.

themagician

Post by themagician » June 2nd, 2012, 11:13 pm

WalterNeff on Jun 2 2012, 04:19:38 PM wrote:Hmm, I just tried 1.4.8 and when I click on Load Upcoming Awards, the link then disappears and nothing happens. I am using Chrome.
1) Install TamperMonkey extension.
2) Remove the script you just installed.
3) Re-install the script with TamperMonkey enabled.

Chrome doesn't support GreaseMonkey specific functionality by default so you need an extension that fully understands GreaseMonkey scripts.

LarsC

Post by LarsC » June 3rd, 2012, 9:06 am

I love this script.
Could you make it so that the watchlist tab doesn't show checked entries? Or make checked/unchecked optional?