Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

iCheckMovies Enhanced

Chrilleee
Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 18, 2011
Contact:

iCheckMovies Enhanced

#121

Post by Chrilleee » July 22nd, 2013, 9:05 am

Awesome script! But, is there any way to get the cross-list reference to work on the progress page? Or, how can I get it to work if the top lists are on different pages on the list page?
Last edited by Chrilleee on July 22nd, 2013, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

esiersdale
Posts: 498
Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Contact:

#122

Post by esiersdale » July 22nd, 2013, 1:06 pm

I just put the ones I wanted on the watchlist, or the favorites page

Chrilleee
Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 18, 2011
Contact:

#123

Post by Chrilleee » July 23rd, 2013, 7:48 pm

esiersdale on Jul 22 2013, 07:06:43 AM wrote:I just put the ones I wanted on the watchlist, or the favorites page
Didn't think of that. Thanks!

Ralf
Posts: 160
Joined: Mar 27, 2013
Contact:

#124

Post by Ralf » July 26th, 2013, 12:30 am

Hahah, I just noticed that when you go to the Settings page and start editing the About Me section it provides an explanation that includes "Do you like coffee? Why?", which I found amusing cuz I've always been going on about how amazing coffee is and how much I love it on my profile. Nice coincidence.

Prat
Posts: 534
Joined: May 04, 2012
Location: France
Contact:

#125

Post by Prat » July 27th, 2013, 8:15 am

Thank you for the script, themagician. It's really great, we can hide lists in the "upcoming awards" section and I like that.

ErikSchierboom
Posts: 315
Joined: May 06, 2011
Contact:

#126

Post by ErikSchierboom » September 2nd, 2013, 6:56 pm

I was nicely introduced to this script at the forum meet-up yesterday. I must say, it is a well-done script! We might look into it for, ahem, "inspiration" ;)

tirefeet
Posts: 1558
Joined: Nov 28, 2012
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact:

#127

Post by tirefeet » October 9th, 2013, 8:33 pm

I decided that I really could use a cross-reference feature and then got this and I think it's awesome. Great stuff :thumbsup:

brendo333
Posts: 106
Joined: Apr 21, 2012
Contact:

#128

Post by brendo333 » October 15th, 2013, 11:23 am

Is there anyone else for whom the cross-reference feature doesn't work?
I've tried several versions, both in Firefox and Chrome, did enable it in the settings, did find valid lists... But to no avail.

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#129

Post by bobbybrown » May 25th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Could anyone check please if cross-referencing works for you correctly in the latest version of the script (1.5.8, Firefox+GM)? It doesn't exclude from a resulting list movies that I have already checked as it should. I know how to fix it, but it would be strange if I'm the only one with this issue.
Last edited by bobbybrown on May 25th, 2014, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#130

Post by bobbybrown » May 26th, 2014, 7:01 am

Anyone? Does nobody use this script anymore? :( It would be enough if someone just used the cross-referencing feature on any two big lists and posted whether or not there are any movies that you have already seen on the final list, and what browser you have. Please?
How it looks for me (I've seen here all except one) (452 movies…Show
Image
How it should look like (note where Sous les toits de Paris is)…Show
Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29336
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#131

Post by mightysparks » May 26th, 2014, 7:12 am

I've never been able to get cross referencing working :(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#132

Post by funkybusiness » May 26th, 2014, 7:24 am

Just tried it (Rosenbaum x icm forum's highest rated). Works fine for me. Not seeing any films that I've checked on the list. Using latest firefox.

and for mighty: click activate CR, highlight (click) the lists you want to cross reference, then click on the new tab "cross-reference", and then click the button, not tab, Cross-reference (next to the activate CR button). Let it run and then yahoo.

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#133

Post by bobbybrown » May 26th, 2014, 7:36 am

mightysparks on May 26 2014, 01:12:29 AM wrote:I've never been able to get cross referencing working :(
Here's a step-by-step guide (maybe it'll help brendo333 too):

Image

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#134

Post by bobbybrown » May 26th, 2014, 7:42 am

funkybusiness on May 26 2014, 01:24:41 AM wrote:Just tried it (Rosenbaum x icm forum's highest rated). Works fine for me. Not seeing any films that I've checked on the list. Using latest firefox.
Thanks for checking! Could you also check what version of the script you have? You can find the number on Firefox's Add-ons tab (Ctrl+Shift+A).

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#135

Post by funkybusiness » May 26th, 2014, 7:57 am

1.5.8. :/

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#136

Post by bobbybrown » May 26th, 2014, 8:09 am

funkybusiness on May 26 2014, 01:57:04 AM wrote:1.5.8. :/
That's... disconcerting at least. Must be some other extension of my Firefox that blocks the script from getting the right pages. But at least now I know the issue is on my side, so thanks anyway.

edit: Oh I see now. I configured my browser never to accept third-party cookies, that's why the script behaves like this. No further help needed.
Last edited by bobbybrown on May 26th, 2014, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9507
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#137

Post by Knaldskalle » May 26th, 2014, 5:45 pm

bobbybrown on May 26 2014, 01:01:46 AM wrote:Anyone? Does nobody use this script anymore? :( It would be enough if someone just used the cross-referencing feature on any two big lists and posted whether or not there are any movies that you have already seen on the final list, and what browser you have. Please?
How it looks for me (I've seen here all except one) (452 movies…Show
Image
How it should look like (note where Sous les toits de Paris is)…Show
Image
I use it all the time, but I've never used the cross-referencing function, so I didn't bother checking out whether it works or not.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#138

Post by funkybusiness » May 26th, 2014, 6:28 pm

bobbybrown on May 26 2014, 02:09:15 AM wrote:
funkybusiness on May 26 2014, 01:57:04 AM wrote:1.5.8. :/
That's... disconcerting at least. Must be some other extension of my Firefox that blocks the script from getting the right pages. But at least now I know the issue is on my side, so thanks anyway.

edit: Oh I see now. I configured my browser never to accept third-party cookies, that's why the script behaves like this. No further help needed.
Glad you got it figured out. :)

User avatar
Melvelet
Posts: 1953
Joined: Mar 29, 2013
Contact:

#139

Post by Melvelet » May 28th, 2014, 11:35 am

bobbybrown on May 26 2014, 01:36:41 AM wrote:
mightysparks on May 26 2014, 01:12:29 AM wrote:I've never been able to get cross referencing working :(
Here's a step-by-step guide (maybe it'll help brendo333 too):

Image
Ah, thanks. :)

I guess there's no way to display which films of the results I've checked?
Current recommendation: Mutter Küsters' Fahrt zum Himmel (1975)


ImageImage


Current focus: Germany, Spain

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#140

Post by bobbybrown » May 28th, 2014, 12:25 pm

Melvelet on May 28 2014, 05:35:31 AM wrote:I guess there's no way to display which films of the results I've checked?
Kind of. They shouldn't be displayed by default, but you can open the script in Notepad and change the line 1319:

Code: Select all

var unchecked = $(jq_movies).find("ol#itemListMovies").children("li.unchecked");
to this:

Code: Select all

var unchecked = $(jq_movies).find("ol#itemListMovies").children();
and then you will get full results including movies you've checked.

User avatar
Melvelet
Posts: 1953
Joined: Mar 29, 2013
Contact:

#141

Post by Melvelet » May 28th, 2014, 1:18 pm

What I meant is that the results I get show all the overlaps as unchecked (including those I usually HAVE checked) while I'd prefer to have my seen movies displayed as checked or alternatively a list of those I haven't (excluding the movies I've checked).
Current recommendation: Mutter Küsters' Fahrt zum Himmel (1975)


ImageImage


Current focus: Germany, Spain

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#142

Post by bobbybrown » May 28th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Melvelet on May 28 2014, 07:18:30 AM wrote:What I meant is that the results I get show all the overlaps as unchecked (including those I usually HAVE checked) while I'd prefer to have my seen movies displayed as checked or alternatively a list of those I haven't (excluding the movies I've checked).
Oh, I see. What you describe (excluding the movies you've checked) is how the script is intended to work, but you seem to have fallen victim to the same bug as me. You probably have set your browser to block third-party cookies some time ago, and you need to change that setting to accept them either "always" or "from visited". That's what helped me.
Or you can avoid lessening your security and make this fix in th…Show
Replace lines 1302-1323:

Code: Select all

    GM_xmlhttpRequest(
    {
        method: "GET",
        url: url,
        onload: function(response)
        {
            $(list_elem).removeClass("icme_listcc_selected icme_listcc_pending").find("span.percentage").show();
            
            var result = response.responseText.replace(/&#092;t/g, "").replace(/&#092;n/g, "").replace(/&#092;r/g, "");
            
            var body_start = result.indexOf("<body");
            var body_end = result.indexOf("</body>");
            
            var movies_res = result.substr(body_start, body_end);

            var jq_movies = $(movies_res);

            var unchecked = $(jq_movies).find("ol#itemListMovies").children("li.unchecked");

            _t.UpdateMovies( unchecked );
        }
    });
with this:

Code: Select all

    $.get(url, function(response) {
        $(list_elem).removeClass("icme_listcc_selected icme_listcc_pending").find("span.percentage").show();

        var unchecked = $(response).find("ol#itemListMovies").children("li.unchecked");

        _t.UpdateMovies( unchecked );
    });
As with a cookies solution, this fix will force the script to exclude the movies you've checked, but if you want it to keep them but display them highlighted (picture), replace that segment with this one:

Code: Select all

    $.get(url, function(response) {
        $(list_elem).removeClass("icme_listcc_selected icme_listcc_pending").find("span.percentage").show();

        var unchecked = $(response).find("ol#itemListMovies").children();

        _t.UpdateMovies( unchecked );
    });
edit: Why does it happen: when you click on "Cross-reference" button, the script downloads selected lists, but because of a bug in a Greasemonkey function that is called to get them, it doesn't send your cookies to ICM to get the lists the way you see them logged-on if you block third-party cookies (which is weird and shouldn't work like that, since no third-party cookies are actually involved in the process, and all requests are same-domain). Without cookies, ICM returns pages as if you are a guest, without any "checked" marks, and the script can't exclude your checks.
Last edited by bobbybrown on May 28th, 2014, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9507
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#143

Post by Knaldskalle » May 28th, 2014, 7:41 pm

bobbybrown on May 28 2014, 07:56:10 AM wrote:edit: Why does it happen: when you click on "Cross-reference" button, the script downloads selected lists, but because of a bug in a Greasemonkey function that is called to get them, it doesn't send your cookies to ICM to get the lists the way you see them logged-on if you block third-party cookies (which is weird and shouldn't work like that, since no third-party cookies are actually involved in the process, and all requests are same-domain). Without cookies, ICM returns pages as if you are a guest, without any "checked" marks, and the script can't exclude your checks.
Are you sure that's a bug? Seems pretty sensible to me not to act as if you're logged in when you're having a script do work for you. Granted, it's a script running in your browser on a site you're logged in to, but it still strikes me as the safer thing to do. Not all scripts are safe to run and can do (even more) damage if run logged in.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#144

Post by bobbybrown » May 28th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Knaldskalle on May 28 2014, 01:41:07 PM wrote:Are you sure that's a bug? Seems pretty sensible to me not to act as if you're logged in when you're having a script do work for you. Granted, it's a script running in your browser on a site you're logged in to, but it still strikes me as the safer thing to do. Not all scripts are safe to run and can do (even more) damage if run logged in.
Well, both scenarios are okay by me - GM_xmlhttpRequest sending cookies in same-domain requests, or not sending them. The latter is safer, I agree with you (but still there are built-in workarounds, that's why userscripts.org is chock-full of scam), the former is more intuitive. But I'm sure that a setting about third-party cookies should not influence same-domain requests in any way at all.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9507
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#145

Post by Knaldskalle » May 28th, 2014, 8:34 pm

bobbybrown on May 28 2014, 02:10:20 PM wrote:But I'm sure that a setting about third-party cookies should not influence same-domain requests in any way at all.
Agreed, that is... odd.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#146

Post by bobbybrown » May 29th, 2014, 9:03 am

iCheckMovies Enhanced++
Extends themagician's script with several new features and a couple of fixes to existing ones. The mod should be as compatible with major browsers as the original script. I tested it mainly in Firefox+Greasemonkey; in Chrome+Tampermonkey new features seem to be working fine, except for a small bug with export. You can install it in the same way as the original, the mod will replace any unmodded version of the script while preserving your settings.
ChangelogShow
1.5.8.1++:
-- Tags in cross-referencing results now conform to Hide Tags settings
-- Cross-referencing now sorts titles alphabetically if year and found_toplists matches
-- Fixed a bug in RandomFilmLink's "Unique suggestions" option
-- Small refactorings in UpcomingAwardsOverview, ListCustomColors and ListCrossCheck (array.sort, $.grep)
-- 8.5% less file size

1.5.8++:
-- Four new features
-- Fixed cross-referencing not excluding checks if Firefox has third-party cookies disabled
-- Added an option to include user's checks in cross-referencing results
-- script_config now has a boolean "mod" value
Lists tab display: Makes a tab with all lists a movie is on (/movies/*/rankings/) more organized.

Image Image

It always bothered me that personal lists have no supervision whatsoever and are allowed to clutter movie pages till they are almost impossible to navigate. This feature allows you to display official lists, lists from two user-defined groups and filmographies (= lists that have that word in tags or title, so don't be surprised when some random list surfaces) automatically on the top of movie info pages, making them a lot easier to browse. Also you can set all "in # lists" links to lead to "All" lists tab, thus saving an extra click. Extremely useful for exploring lists.

You can put any personal lists in two user-defined groups. Two fields in the settings accept any links but store them as <list-name>/<author> (e.g. cannes+film+festival+-+grand+prix/timec/). A list of your favorited and watchlisted lists can be generated with a simple bookmarklet or just executing a line of code in url bar:
Bookmarklet for exporting list titlesShow

Code: Select all

javascript:(function(){(function(){var%20s=$('#itemListToplists>li').not(':has(ul.tagList%20a[href*="?tags=user%253Aicheckmovies"])').find('h2>a').map(function(){return%20$(this).attr('href').substring(7);}).get().join('<br>');$('#colophon').html(s);})();})();
This code works on any /lists/ page, for example Favorited lists, and even on movie pages on "In lists" tab. Official lists are excluded automatically. After launching it you will find a list of titles at the bottom of the page you're on, where you can select it and copy to the settings:

Image

You can use it as a bookmarklet (how do i do that?), or just copy-paste it into your browser's url bar (make sure that your browser doesn't strip the beginning of this line) and press Enter.

Don't forget to backup your lists of lists!

Progress page: Controls from which categories to show lists on "All" tab of Progress page.

Image

Basically I wanted never to see IMDb lists on the progress page, but added other categories just in case. Lists from hidden categories are still available when you click any tab, it just makes the main tab less crowded. I haven't tested how it would look for a premium user, in theory it should be fine but I wouldn't mind getting some feedback from people with paid accounts.


Progress top X: Find out how many checks you need to get into Top 25/50/100/1000/...

Image

Adds "Load stats" link to the progress page near "Order by" menu. By default it shows how close you are to getting onto the ranking page #40, which equals top 1000. "4 req - 1 dif" means it takes four checks total to get there, and you need one more.


Export lists: Download any list as .csv (doesn't support search results)

Image

Emulates the paid feature, so don't enable it if you have a paid account. Disabled by default. If enabled, clicking a standart ICM "Export the top list" button on any top list page will download the list as an Excel-compatible (at least Excel 2010) no-corrupted-symbols .csv file with a title of exported list as its filename. If you use latest Chrome it has an untimely fresh bug that ignores filenames, so you'll have to rename files as "list-name.csv" manually until they fix it, which I hope shouldn't take long.

Also in the settings you can set a .csv delimiter and disable this Unicode BOM magic if you don't like it for some reason.

Attachments:
Last edited by bobbybrown on June 2nd, 2014, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29108
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#147

Post by joachimt » May 29th, 2014, 9:15 am

Thanks, bobby! Great work!
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Melvelet
Posts: 1953
Joined: Mar 29, 2013
Contact:

#148

Post by Melvelet » May 29th, 2014, 10:12 am

Wow. Thank you very much, bobby :)
Current recommendation: Mutter Küsters' Fahrt zum Himmel (1975)


ImageImage


Current focus: Germany, Spain

User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13021
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Contact:

#149

Post by brokenface » May 29th, 2014, 2:03 pm

looks cool. especially like the sound of sorting the personal list page so watchlisted/favourited lists are at the top

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9507
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#150

Post by Knaldskalle » May 29th, 2014, 4:32 pm

bobbybrown on May 29 2014, 03:03:43 AM wrote:Progress top X: Find out how many checks you need to get into Top 25/50/100/1000/...

Image

Adds "Load stats" link to the progress page near "Order by" menu. By default it shows how close you are to getting onto the ranking page #40, which equals top 1000. "4 req - 1 dif" means it takes four checks total to get there, and you need one more.
Great work, bobbybrown!

Can I ask for just one tiny little feature I've always wanted? The ability to sort a given progress page (including the "List favorites" and "List Watchlist" pages) according to completion rate, either as a fraction or percentage.

As it is, I can sort according by rank or by closest award. but not by how much of the list I've completed, which is the one thing I really like sorting by. Especially now that some of us are losing listsofbests.com, which has this as the only setting. It makes it so much easier to see which lists you are close to completing, and thus, to me at least, is a much more useful setting than ranking or closest award.

Now, I have honestly no idea how easy or hard it is to program that, but it shouldn't be excessively difficult, given that all the data needed for the calculation is already displayed (3/121, 45/83, 60/116, etc.).
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9507
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#151

Post by Knaldskalle » May 29th, 2014, 5:01 pm

I just tried out the "load stats" function (set to page 4, top 100). It's incredibly slow. It' works fine, it just takes like 5-10 seconds per list. I don't know what causes this or where, just reporting my experience with it.

Browser: Version 34.0.1847.116 Built on Ubuntu 13.10, running on LinuxMint 16 (260972)
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

themagician
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 18, 2011
Location: Finland
Contact:

#152

Post by themagician » May 29th, 2014, 5:12 pm

Knaldskalle on May 29 2014, 10:32:59 AM wrote:
bobbybrown on May 29 2014, 03:03:43 AM wrote:Progress top X: Find out how many checks you need to get into Top 25/50/100/1000/...

Image

Adds "Load stats" link to the progress page near "Order by" menu. By default it shows how close you are to getting onto the ranking page #40, which equals top 1000. "4 req - 1 dif" means it takes four checks total to get there, and you need one more.
Great work, bobbybrown!

Can I ask for just one tiny little feature I've always wanted? The ability to sort a given progress page (including the "List favorites" and "List Watchlist" pages) according to completion rate, either as a fraction or percentage.

As it is, I can sort according by rank or by closest award. but not by how much of the list I've completed, which is the one thing I really like sorting by. Especially now that some of us are losing listsofbests.com, which has this as the only setting. It makes it so much easier to see which lists you are close to completing, and thus, to me at least, is a much more useful setting than ranking or closest award.

Now, I have honestly no idea how easy or hard it is to program that, but it shouldn't be excessively difficult, given that all the data needed for the calculation is already displayed (3/121, 45/83, 60/116, etc.).
You mean like this?

Image

That feature used to be part of the Enhanced script! But for some reason I removed it :wacko:

The script can also put them all in a single column.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9507
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#153

Post by Knaldskalle » May 29th, 2014, 5:15 pm

themagician on May 29 2014, 11:12:44 AM wrote:
Knaldskalle on May 29 2014, 10:32:59 AM wrote:Can I ask for just one tiny little feature I've always wanted? The ability to sort a given progress page (including the "List favorites" and "List Watchlist" pages) according to completion rate, either as a fraction or percentage.

As it is, I can sort according by rank or by closest award. but not by how much of the list I've completed, which is the one thing I really like sorting by. Especially now that some of us are losing listsofbests.com, which has this as the only setting. It makes it so much easier to see which lists you are close to completing, and thus, to me at least, is a much more useful setting than ranking or closest award.

Now, I have honestly no idea how easy or hard it is to program that, but it shouldn't be excessively difficult, given that all the data needed for the calculation is already displayed (3/121, 45/83, 60/116, etc.).
You mean like this?

Image

That feature used to be part of the Enhanced script! But for some reason I removed it :wacko:

The script can also put them all in a single column.
That's exactly it!

That looks so good, man, I wants it!
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

bobbybrown
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Contact:

#154

Post by bobbybrown » May 29th, 2014, 5:51 pm

Knaldskalle on May 29 2014, 11:01:07 AM wrote:I just tried out the "load stats" function (set to page 4, top 100). It's incredibly slow. It' works fine, it just takes like 5-10 seconds per list. I don't know what causes this or where, just reporting my experience with it.
Yeah, it's not fast because it depends on ICM returning ranking pages, and ICM takes a long time to load them. It should be a bit faster than that since it's asynchronous ajax requests, it takes me 2 minutes to load ~120 lists, and there's literally nothing I can do to speed it up apart from sending The Guys some expensive hardware to beef up their server. :) But it's not the kind of stats you would check out daily.

Sorting the progress page the way you want is easy, esp. since the most tricky code to preserve its interweaving layout is already there, but I'd like to take a break from coding for some time. If themagician wants to put this feature back I'll try to update the mod as fast as I can edit: some time later. Sorry, burned out atm.
Last edited by bobbybrown on May 29th, 2014, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themagician
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 18, 2011
Location: Finland
Contact:

#155

Post by themagician » May 29th, 2014, 6:02 pm

The feature is available here: https://github.com/labyrinthofdreams/icm-enhanced

Click the file icme.1.5.4.user.js and then click Raw and it should install it. It doesn't have bobbybrown's additions yet.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9507
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#156

Post by Knaldskalle » May 29th, 2014, 11:34 pm

bobbybrown on May 29 2014, 11:51:25 AM wrote:
Knaldskalle on May 29 2014, 11:01:07 AM wrote:I just tried out the "load stats" function (set to page 4, top 100). It's incredibly slow. It' works fine, it just takes like 5-10 seconds per list. I don't know what causes this or where, just reporting my experience with it.
Yeah, it's not fast because it depends on ICM returning ranking pages, and ICM takes a long time to load them. It should be a bit faster than that since it's asynchronous ajax requests, it takes me 2 minutes to load ~120 lists, and there's literally nothing I can do to speed it up apart from sending The Guys some expensive hardware to beef up their server. :) But it's not the kind of stats you would check out daily.

Sorting the progress page the way you want is easy, esp. since the most tricky code to preserve its interweaving layout is already there, but I'd like to take a break from coding for some time. If themagician wants to put this feature back I'll try to update the mod as fast as I can edit: some time later. Sorry, burned out atm.
No worries, I figured it might be something on their end. And thanks once again, I'm really enjoying the new list sorting feature and all the other little tweaks! :cheers:
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

brendo333
Posts: 106
Joined: Apr 21, 2012
Contact:

#157

Post by brendo333 » June 6th, 2014, 11:54 am

bobbybrown on May 26 2014, 01:36:41 AM wrote:
mightysparks on May 26 2014, 01:12:29 AM wrote:I've never been able to get cross referencing working :(
Here's a step-by-step guide (maybe it'll help brendo333 too):

Image
Ermahgerd!

Can't believe I haven't tried that. I guess it is normal as one usually gets redirected after clicking on the 'clickable' thingies. Bah! :o

Much obliged.

User avatar
Tasselfoot
Posts: 414
Joined: May 06, 2014
Contact:

#158

Post by Tasselfoot » July 16th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Any chance of being able to add new list sorting options? Instead of just by name or by # of movies until next award.

Possible additional ways to sort:
-Rank on a list [this is how i'd like to sort, so i can get all ranks under x]
-Completion %
-# of checks on a list

Also, the feature of "x movies until rank y" is really cool and would be a great add to the main script. Thanks!

User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13021
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Contact:

#159

Post by brokenface » July 16th, 2014, 3:51 pm

you can actually sort by rank on ICM as it is, but there's a page formatting issue which means it's difficult to actually click on the option! you need to hover just below order by Name, without going so far that you highlight the tab underneath and click when you see a balloon saying 'Sort by rank'

edit: I just thought of an easier way, click this: http://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/pr ... ?sort=rank
Last edited by brokenface on July 16th, 2014, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9507
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#160

Post by Knaldskalle » July 16th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Tasselfoot on Jul 16 2014, 09:37:51 AM wrote:Any chance of being able to add new list sorting options? Instead of just by name or by # of movies until next award.

Possible additional ways to sort:
-Rank on a list [this is how i'd like to sort, so i can get all ranks under x]
-Completion %
-# of checks on a list

Also, the feature of "x movies until rank y" is really cool and would be a great add to the main script. Thanks!
A little further back in this thread I was talking to themagician and bobbybrown about getting a "completion %" sorting option, it exists in an earlier version of iCM Enhanced, but was later removed (for no good reason, apparently). I'm hoping it'll come back in a new version since that's how I'd prefer to sort my lists.

Rank sorting already exists as brokenface points out. An update to iCM introduced this bug and The Guys haven't gotten around to fixing it. Since they're working on a new layout, I doubt they'll get around to it.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

Post Reply