Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

iCheckMovies Enhanced

themagician

iCheckMovies Enhanced

Post by themagician » August 6th, 2015, 3:35 pm

Kublai Khan on Aug 6 2015, 09:11:37 AM wrote:I thought I might try this out, but when I clicked on "Raw", I got a message from Google Chrome (latest version) saying "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website." with an arrow pointing to Github.com.

Is there a way around this or a way to change my setting to allow it?
1) Open this: https://github.com/labyrinthofdreams/icm-enhanced
2) Click "Download ZIP" (bottom right)
3) Extract files
4) Drag 'n drop the icm-enhanced.user.js file into Google Chrome.

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » August 6th, 2015, 6:33 pm

themagician on Aug 6 2015, 06:22:28 AM wrote:
Knaldskalle on Aug 6 2015, 01:17:20 AM wrote:
Knaldskalle on Aug 5 2015, 12:12:44 PM wrote:It has stopped working for me as well. I'm guessing that the addition of the "Psst" banner messed things up?

[Edit: And now it's of course working fine. I have no idea what's going on.]
"Now it's working, now it's not".

I think I found out what happened. Unofficial lists work fine, but the official lists no longer display the upcoming awards bit. I was looking at an unofficial list when it did display the "upcoming awards", but none of the official lists do so. It's borked.

FF 39/Linux Mint 17.
It's working for me (unofficial and official) so I can't really fix it. FF 39/Windows 7 here. You could open a list where it doesn't work and then go to Firefox->Web Developer->Browser Console (or Ctrl+Shift+J) and see if it shows any errors for the script.
I'm pm'ing with Bobbybrown on this. No errors in the console, but thanks for being on top of this, both of you!

[Edit: Bobbybrown seems to have found the problem! A series of unfortunate events that will be fixed soon! Awesome!]
Last edited by Knaldskalle on August 6th, 2015, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

Kublai Khan

Post by Kublai Khan » August 7th, 2015, 6:59 am

themagician on Aug 6 2015, 09:35:56 AM wrote:
Kublai Khan on Aug 6 2015, 09:11:37 AM wrote:I thought I might try this out, but when I clicked on "Raw", I got a message from Google Chrome (latest version) saying "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website." with an arrow pointing to Github.com.

Is there a way around this or a way to change my setting to allow it?
1) Open this: https://github.com/labyrinthofdreams/icm-enhanced
2) Click "Download ZIP" (bottom right)
3) Extract files
4) Drag 'n drop the icm-enhanced.user.js file into Google Chrome.
A clever workaround. However Chrome stubbornly does not want to accept the script.

In the console tab, it does list these error messages (if it helps):
error messagesShow
Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.icheckmovies.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://www.icheckmovies.com/signature/28950/general.png'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.icheckmovies.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://www.icheckmovies.com/signature/1 ... sci-fi.png'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.icheckmovies.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://www.icheckmovies.com/signature/112293/sci-fi.png'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.icheckmovies.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://www.icheckmovies.com/signature/1 ... sterns.png'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.icheckmovies.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://www.icheckmovies.com/signature/1 ... top+20.png'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.icheckmovies.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.icheckmovies.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://www.xl415.com/apu.php?n=&zoneid= ... popunder=1'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.icheckmovies.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://www.xl415.com/apu.php?n=&zoneid= ... popunder=1'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

Hunziker
Donator

Post by Hunziker » August 23rd, 2015, 8:00 pm

I had the script installed in my phone (with Tampermonkey on Dolphin), and it worked just fine until I installed it on my laptop (Chrome). It works on my laptop now, but all the features have disappeared on my phone (it's still marked as active though). Any idea why this may be happening? Heeelp! :mw_confused:
This is the voice of world control.

iCM -Twitter
ImageImage

themagician

Post by themagician » August 23rd, 2015, 8:11 pm

Hunziker on Aug 23 2015, 02:00:47 PM wrote:I had the script installed in my phone (with Tampermonkey on Dolphin), and it worked just fine until I installed it on my laptop (Chrome). It works on my laptop now, but all the features have disappeared on my phone (it's still marked as active though). Any idea why this may be happening? Heeelp! :mw_confused:
Have you tried installing the latest version? It fixes some bugs. Other than that I'm not sure what else to try. I don't own a smart phone.

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » August 27th, 2015, 12:42 am

WalterNeff, Knaldskalle, just to confirm: has your issue with a disappearing row with checks required for awards been resolved? The fix was added in 1.7.4. And the row should no longer appear below the list.

Kublai Khan: you need to install Tampermonkey to be able to use this script in Chrome. The procedure is the same (click on 'Raw'), but you should see TM window popping up and asking you to confirm to install the script.

Chrome has some kind of support for userscripts, rather poor it seems, and there's probably some flag somewhere that you can turn on to ease its paranoia and actually install scripts. But this script won't work in Chrome without Tampermonkey, which allows to use the same code both for Firefox (with Greasemonkey) and Chrome.

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » August 27th, 2015, 2:53 am

bobbybrown on Aug 26 2015, 06:42:28 PM wrote:WalterNeff, Knaldskalle, just to confirm: has your issue with a disappearing row with checks required for awards been resolved? The fix was added in 1.7.4. And the row should no longer appear below the list.
It is indeed fixed, thank you! Nice to have the row back on top of the list instead of the bottom. :)
ImageImageImageImage

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » August 27th, 2015, 3:32 pm

All recent previous versions of the script are going to be listed here.

If you are installing ICM Enhanced for the first time or are looking for the latest version, ignore this post and use the links from the first post.

If you need to check whether it's the latest version that has broke some feature, you can downgrade to an old version by clicking on its link below and then clicking 'Raw'. And please don't hesitate to report any bugs you notice either here or on a fancy GitHub Issues tracker.

Note: installing the script from any of the links below will prevent your browser from automatically updating it in the future. Don't forget to reinstall from the usual place as soon as your issue is fixed.

Changelog:
ArchiveShow
1.7.3:
  • Export lists: included a column for favs and dislikes
1.7.4:
  • A row with script's links and upcoming awards for lists no longer appears below the list
1.7.6:
  • Custom list colors: added color pickers
1.7.6.2:
  • Custom list colors: color pickers were loading only once
1.7.7:
  • Lists tab display: lists by deleted users no longer show up as official (ICM bug, example)
  • List cross-reference: fixed exporting cross-ref'd lists (Firefox 39.0.3 bug)
  • Export lists: properly encode fields with quotes
  • Random film link, Large posters, Export lists: now work on a watchlist/favs/checked movies/etc. (but exporting downloads only a single page)
  • Random film link: disable on completed lists, allow returning to a full list when using on a watchlist/favs/etc.
  • Hide tags: separate options for hiding tags of movies and lists; hide tags also on /movies/<movie-name>/rankings/
  • Hide tags: don't show tags when hovering in compact mode
  • Lists tab display: links on /movies/checked/ didn't redirect properly
1.7.9:
  • Large posters: now works with compact list view; tags are no longer cropped
  • Upcoming awards overview: awards with the same number of remaining checks are sorted by award type in a desc order (from Platinum to Bronze)
  • Upcoming awards overview: table is hidden if a page has no lists
  • Custom list colors: last update broke custom highlighting on cross-ref'd lists
  • List cross-reference: fixed exporting if there is more than one cross-ref list on a page
  • Lists tab display: also redirects links in cross-ref lists
Last edited by bobbybrown on September 29th, 2015, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » August 27th, 2015, 4:56 pm

Hunziker on Aug 23 2015, 02:00:47 PM wrote:I had the script installed in my phone (with Tampermonkey on Dolphin), and it worked just fine until I installed it on my laptop (Chrome). It works on my laptop now, but all the features have disappeared on my phone (it's still marked as active though). Any idea why this may be happening? Heeelp! :mw_confused:
themagician on Aug 23 2015, 02:11:58 PM wrote:Have you tried installing the latest version? It fixes some bugs. Other than that I'm not sure what else to try. I don't own a smart phone.
Same here, I can't test it on a smart phone (well, theoretically I can, it's possible to install Android or iOS on a virtual machine, but it's way too much trouble, sorry), and I have no idea whether Tampermonkey Dolphin is on a par with its desktop version.

Are you using the latest versions of both Dolphin and Tampermonkey? Do any other userscripts work for you? This one, for example? It should show a small box with a button on every site you open. If it doesn't, there's something wrong with either your browser on add-on, maybe try reinstalling Tampermonkey (and make sure it's enabled).

If other scripts work fine, could you try installing older versions from a post above until you find the one that works? If you find one, post the version number here and we'll see what can be done.

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » August 29th, 2015, 11:08 am

1.7.8 is out with some small fixes, changelog. Your browser should update automatically during the next 24h, or you can trigger the update by right-clicking the script -> 'Find Updates' in about:addons (Firefox) or clicking on a time in the 'Last updated' column in Tampermonkey (Chrome).

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » August 29th, 2015, 11:17 am

Is there a way to install this on a ipad? I tried searching for installing scripts on ipads multiple times, but can't find anything.

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » August 29th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Lonewolf2003 on Aug 29 2015, 05:17:00 AM wrote:Is there a way to install this on a ipad? I tried searching for installing scripts on ipads multiple times, but can't find anything.
Have you tried Tampermonkey Safari? If the script does not work with it (and I'm sure it won't, but it's worth trying anyway), maybe the one I've attached to this post will?
Last edited by bobbybrown on September 23rd, 2015, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » August 29th, 2015, 12:32 pm

bobbybrown on Aug 29 2015, 06:03:58 AM wrote:
Lonewolf2003 on Aug 29 2015, 05:17:00 AM wrote:Is there a way to install this on a ipad? I tried searching for installing scripts on ipads multiple times, but can't find anything.
Have you tried Tampermonkey Safari? If the script does not work with it (and I'm sure it won't, but it's worth trying anyway), maybe the one I've attached to this post will?
Thanks. But I don't understand how to install the tampermonkey.safariextz file on my ipad. What do I use to open it with? It ask me to open it with Dropbox (or another program) but nothing happens. I think it's just for the desktop version of Safai
Last edited by Lonewolf2003 on August 29th, 2015, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » August 29th, 2015, 12:44 pm

Lonewolf2003 on Aug 29 2015, 06:32:38 AM wrote:Thanks. But I don't understand how to install the tampermonkey.safariextz file on my ipad. What do I use to open it with? It ask me to open it with Dropbox (or another program) but nothing happens. I think it's just for the desktop version of Safai
Oh, I see. I thought I would work like this, but maybe they don't want you to do anything non-Apple way on iPad. Isn't there Dolphin browser for iPad though? Maybe that will work (with Tampermonkey for Dolphin)?

bobbybrown

Post by bobbybrown » September 29th, 2015, 1:00 pm

1.7.9 is out, changelog.
Your browser should update automatically during the next 24h, or you can trigger the update by right-clicking the script -> 'Find Updates' in about:addons (Firefox) or clicking on a time in the 'Last updated' column in Tampermonkey (Chrome).
Last edited by bobbybrown on September 29th, 2015, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 26th, 2015, 11:43 pm

My script was last updated 9/29/15. I can't seem to get the "Activate cross reference" box to show, tho the CR is enabled.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

themagician

Post by themagician » November 27th, 2015, 1:34 am

3eyes on Nov 26 2015, 04:43:48 PM wrote:My script was last updated 9/29/15. I can't seem to get the "Activate cross reference" box to show, tho the CR is enabled.
What box is that? You mean the button? Do you have the latest version? Which browser?

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 27th, 2015, 3:14 am

themagician on Nov 26 2015, 06:34:58 PM wrote:
3eyes on Nov 26 2015, 04:43:48 PM wrote:My script was last updated 9/29/15. I can't seem to get the "Activate cross reference" box to show, tho the CR is enabled.
What box is that? You mean the button? Do you have the latest version? Which browser?
Oh, sorry, Firefox. 1.7.9 is the version I have. I see a list of closest awards but nothing that says Activate Cross-reference or anything like that. I tried "get updates" and nothing happened, so.
Last edited by 3eyes on November 27th, 2015, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » November 27th, 2015, 2:56 pm

3eyes on Nov 26 2015, 08:14:40 PM wrote:1.7.9 is the version I have
That's like 3 years old... you need to upgrade, current version is 42.0. Old versions don't auto-update, you need to download the installer (from official site or ninite.com) and perform manual upgrade.

themagician

Post by themagician » November 27th, 2015, 3:05 pm

bal3x on Nov 27 2015, 07:56:43 AM wrote:
That's like 3 years old... you need to upgrade, current version is 42.0. Old versions don't auto-update, you need to download the installer (from official site or ninite.com) and perform manual upgrade.
I think he meant the script version which is at 1.7.9.

I have no idea why it wouldn't work though... Maybe it's disabled?

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » November 27th, 2015, 3:12 pm

themagician on Nov 27 2015, 08:05:56 AM wrote:
bal3x on Nov 27 2015, 07:56:43 AM wrote:
I think he meant the script version which is at 1.7.9.

I have no idea why it wouldn't work though... Maybe it's disabled?
Oh, right... no idea indeed then, I'd suggest to reinstall from scratch (make sure you have latest versions of both firefox and the script and make sure it's enabled) and see if that helps.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » November 28th, 2015, 2:26 am

Thanks, all. I got a PM full of excellent suggestions which I'll try when I have time.

themagician

Post by themagician » May 8th, 2016, 7:27 pm

Version 1.8.0 is now available. Changes:

- Hide info like titles in large poster mode so you only see the poster and checkbox and related links
- Reorder lists much faster. Double-click on a list, input new position, press Enter, and the list is moved to that position. I have 560 favorite lists so moving things from the bottom to the top takes a long time and kills my hand. Not anymore!

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » May 9th, 2016, 4:37 am

themagician on May 8 2016, 01:27:06 PM wrote:Version 1.8.0 is now available. Changes:

- Hide info like titles in large poster mode so you only see the poster and checkbox and related links
- Reorder lists much faster. Double-click on a list, input new position, press Enter, and the list is moved to that position. I have 560 favorite lists so moving things from the bottom to the top takes a long time and kills my hand. Not anymore!
Thank you! It's a great add-on.
ImageImageImageImage

Labraxas

Post by Labraxas » December 8th, 2017, 2:07 am

Hi!
Am I the only one struggling to get iCM Enhanced to work now with the latest Firefox update?
I've tried to re-install both greasemonkey, and the script, but it still doesn't seem to work.
What could I try to make this great enhancement work again?

themagician

Post by themagician » December 8th, 2017, 2:09 am

Labraxas on Dec 7 2017, 07:07:26 PM wrote:Hi!
Am I the only one struggling to get iCM Enhanced to work now with the latest Firefox update?
I've tried to re-install both greasemonkey, and the script, but it still doesn't seem to work.
What could I try to make this great enhancement work again?
Disable GreaseMonkey and install ViolentMonkey/TamperMonkey. Then re-install the script and it should work.

Labraxas

Post by Labraxas » December 8th, 2017, 2:14 am

Thank you so much for the extremely quick reply!
Tampermonkey did the trick!

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » July 17th, 2018, 3:18 pm

fyi @themagician , you've still got the old forum link on the GitHub project page

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

themagician

Post by themagician » July 17th, 2018, 4:23 pm

xianjiro wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 3:18 pm
fyi @themagician , you've still got the old forum link on the GitHub project page
Fixed, thanks!

fori

Post by fori » August 10th, 2018, 3:32 am

Not sure if there is a good place to ask, but is there a script out there that will go through all your checks and sort by country of origin, or something of that nature? Also chrome won't let me add extensions from greasy fork... or something.
Edit: Installed the script, still wondering if the sort by country thing is possible??

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » August 10th, 2018, 4:28 am

add on that shows check amounts next to official check list on list page would be cool for 400> check challenge

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » August 12th, 2018, 1:50 pm

fori wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 3:32 am
Not sure if there is a good place to ask, but is there a script out there that will go through all your checks and sort by country of origin, or something of that nature? Also chrome won't let me add extensions from greasy fork... or something.
Edit: Installed the script, still wondering if the sort by country thing is possible??
There's no script that I'm aware of, but I've got a list of almost 20,000 feature films (plus about 2,000 shorts) that I manually assign countries to. If you give me a list of imdb urls (or an export of your checks) I can do a cross-reference and see what comes up.

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » August 14th, 2018, 9:38 am

Fergenaprido wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 1:50 pm
fori wrote:
There's no script that I'm aware of, but I've got a list of almost 20,000 feature films (plus about 2,000 shorts) that I manually assign countries to. If you give me a list of imdb urls (or an export of your checks) I can do a cross-reference and see what comes up.
That's really awesome. I think I'll call for your help one day, if you don't mind.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » August 14th, 2018, 11:28 am

Gershwin wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 9:38 am
Fergenaprido wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 1:50 pm
fori wrote:
That's really awesome. I think I'll call for your help one day, if you don't mind.
Not at all. It started out as a list of films I wanted to see plus highly acclaimed films, and just grew from there. Right now I've got every feature-length films with at least 10,000 votes on imdb, plus another 12,000 films that are of interest to me (usually director filmographies, or those from specific countries and genres), so I'd likely be able to provide you with data on the main stuff, but lesser known films from other countries would less likely to be identified. However, if it's been mentioned on the forum a couple of times, it's probably on my radar.

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » June 5th, 2019, 1:38 pm

edit: found a work around that works for me