Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)
World Cup S4: Manager sign-up

iCheckMovies Enhanced

themagician

iCheckMovies Enhanced

Post by themagician » July 17th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Latest versions can be found here:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/11541 ... s-enhanced
https://github.com/labyrinthofdreams/icm-enhanced

To install, click "icm-enhanced.user.js" and then "Raw".

See the second post for a screen shot of every feature.

You can access the configuration of the script from here:

The configuration window looks like this:

Note that if you want to use it with Chrome, you have to either install TamperMonkey or Blank Canvas Script Handler extension. I recommend TamperMonkey though.

When updating to a new version remember to remove the old version first.
CHANGE LOGShow

- Altered the way (un)hiding lists works in upcoming awards overview. It is much faster and doesn't jump from the current position to the beginning.

- Fixed a visual bug in Upcoming Awards Overview feature where the normal/compact view buttons were in the wrong place

- Fixed a bug in Upcoming Awards Overview feature where lists showed twice on the progress page

- Upcoming Awards Overview works on favorited/watchlist/disliked list pages

- List cross-referencing was still broken due to old code that wasn't updated with the 1.5.0 changes

- Fixed a bug in list cross-referencing feature where matching all lists and a limit wasn't working

- Re-designed the configuration window system
- Added large posters feature

- Ability to hide lists in Upcoming Awards List Overview
- Added ability to see Owned movies e.g. on movie watchlist page by clicking the Owned tab

- Fixed a bug in Watchlist/Owned tab where the Top Users tab might overflow to a new line by renaming the first tab from "All movies" to "All"

- The "Order by" and "view" features next to tabs on individual lists moved to a new location if watchlist / owned tabs are enabled

- Added option to show negative values in upcoming awards on individual lists
- Added watchlist tab on individual lists that also displays how many watchlist entries there are
- Added owned tab on individual lists that also displays how many owned entries there are.
The feature also emulates the paid owned feature where you can mark/unmark entries as owned.

- Added the option to disable displaying tags when hovering over a list / movie

- Now works with new layout
- Removed feature: Toplist sorting
- Removed feature: Unchecked tab bug fix
- Added feature: Hiding tags

- Cross-referencing can now be done without going to the configuration menu. When enabled buttons are created under the lists on the list overview page
- Adds a link to the checked movies page that opens an imdb mobile rating page for every film on the page for faster imdb rating

- Bugfix (FF 3.6): The script no longer crashes when extracting the contents of the body element on a large list.

All refer to the list cross-referencing feature:

- Bugfix: Doesn't count movies with same title and year as same anymore
- Bugfix (FF3.6): No longer keeps stacking binded event handlers causing peculiarities (unbind / undelegate fail in all possible ways in FF 3.6 so had to use a different method to check if the event handlers are already binded once)
- Improved FF3.6 compatibility
- Optimized the way top lists are checked through (starts from the list with fewest unchecked films, top lists are sorted by number of unchecked films in ascending order)
- If checking for movies on all selected top lists it doesn't go through every top list anymore when it finds the first top list without a single match from the previous top lists
- Changed the way new top list HTTP requests are scheduled (dropped setTimeOut, now knows to start a new one immediately after the previous one has been completed)

- Fixed a bug where if you clicked another tab while the script was checking through the toplists and then went back the toplists would seem to be missing
- Made the toplists under the Selected tab slightly nicer (normal when not checking, gray when pending a check, yellow when checking, normal when done)

- The Check button now appears only when Selected tab is selected
- Toplist checking progress easier to observe under the Selected tab

- New feature: Finding movies on specific lists
- Change configuration window layout

- Fixed a bug where changing the favorites list color wouldn't work

- Better compatibility with older Firefox versions

- Fixed a bug where duplicate top lists appeared in upcoming awards list if top list sorting was enabled with 'all' tab and upcoming awards was not autoloaded

- Set a default color for disliked movies

- Fixed a bug where setting a list color wouldn't be saved

- Changed code to be more efficient in sorting top lists

- Fixed a bug where top list sorting wouldn't work

- New feature: top list section tab for displaying ALL top lists
- Top list sorting now also works in profile pages
- Upcoming Awards list no longer requires to be logged in
- Changed main config modal window delegate code
- Fixed another bug where updated script config wouldn't save properly

- New feature: Single column top lists
- Fixed a bug where updated script config wouldn't save properly
- Minor text changes in the main config modal window
Last edited by themagician on August 12th, 2015, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

themagician

Post by themagician » July 18th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Upcoming Awards List Overview

Upcoming Awards (Individual Lists) + Random Film Link + Watchlist tab + Owned tab (+ emulation) + Custom List Colors + Large Posters (link) + Hide Tags

(Greed disliked for demonstration purposes)

Large Posters

List Cross-referencing

Output:

Old screenshotsShow
Upcoming Awards List Overview

Upcoming Awards List + Random Film Link

Unchecked Tab Bug Fix

Before

After

Custom List Colors

(favorited / watch listed / disliked for demonstration purposes, displayed in this order)

List Overview Sorting (with All tab)

Two columns

Single column

Last edited by themagician on June 29th, 2012, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themagician

Post by themagician » July 20th, 2011, 8:04 am

Did some small changes and added another feature, namely a new tab above the top lists next to "IMDb", "Critics", etc. that displays All the top lists, but top list sorting has to be enabled first. I did it this way for a couple of reasons, firstly, it solved a problem I couldn't solve otherwise, and secondly, just displaying all the top lists in a random order isn't very interesting to look at, it's just confusing really.

swoon

Post by swoon » July 20th, 2011, 8:31 pm

this is pretty neat. i'm pretty close to a lot of awards apparently.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » July 20th, 2011, 9:28 pm

This is good stuff, many thanks!

afirm

Post by afirm » July 20th, 2011, 11:29 pm

This is excellent! Thanks a lot!

mrbungle

Post by mrbungle » July 21st, 2011, 6:35 pm

Alright, what am I doing wrong? This does not appear on my menu at all. I'm using Firefox 5.0

This is an exciting feature and I really want to see it.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 21st, 2011, 6:42 pm

I get the ICM enhanced option in my menu but clicking it doesn't work, so I can't get to the configuration screen. On Firefox 3.6.3. The Upcoming awards, Random link and tab bug fix do work, though, so thank you. Still getting use out of it even if I can't configure it.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » July 21st, 2011, 7:15 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Jul 21 2011, 12:42:49 PM wrote:I get the ICM enhanced option in my menu but clicking it doesn't work, so I can't get to the configuration screen. On Firefox 3.6.3. The Upcoming awards, Random link and tab bug fix do work, though, so thank you. Still getting use out of it even if I can't configure it.
I suggest upgrading to Firefox 5. I installed it on this version and it works fine, except one little glitch.

Under Upcoming Awards List Overview when I select Enable only I get duplicates under upcoming award list, when I click both Enable and Autoload then it works fine though... I would like just the Enable option to work without autoload.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » July 21st, 2011, 7:20 pm

mrbungle on Jul 21 2011, 12:35:39 PM wrote:Alright, what am I doing wrong? This does not appear on my menu at all. I'm using Firefox 5.0

This is an exciting feature and I really want to see it.
You need to install Greasemonkey first and then drag & drop the script file into the Firefox window.

themagician

Post by themagician » July 21st, 2011, 11:04 pm

bal3x on Jul 21 2011, 01:15:07 PM wrote:
PeacefulAnarchy on Jul 21 2011, 12:42:49 PM wrote:I get the ICM enhanced option in my menu but clicking it doesn't work, so I can't get to the configuration screen. On Firefox 3.6.3. The Upcoming awards, Random link and tab bug fix do work, though, so thank you. Still getting use out of it even if I can't configure it.
I suggest upgrading to Firefox 5. I installed it on this version and it works fine, except one little glitch.

Under Upcoming Awards List Overview when I select Enable only I get duplicates under upcoming award list, when I click both Enable and Autoload then it works fine though... I would like just the Enable option to work without autoload.
Fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

You can find the new version in the first post (not the one in this post).
Could you try this version that I've attached to this post and tell me if it works? Remember to remove the old version first.
Last edited by themagician on July 22nd, 2011, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » July 21st, 2011, 11:16 pm

Many thanks for the fix, works fine now!

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 22nd, 2011, 12:14 am

themagician on Jul 21 2011, 05:04:18 PM wrote:
Could you try this version that I've attached to this post and tell me if it works? Remember to remove the old version first.
Nope, same thing. I'll probably upgrade to firefox 5.0 soon anyway.
Last edited by PeacefulAnarchy on July 22nd, 2011, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

themagician

Post by themagician » July 22nd, 2011, 1:54 am

PeacefulAnarchy on Jul 21 2011, 06:14:12 PM wrote:
themagician on Jul 21 2011, 05:04:18 PM wrote:
Nope, same thing. I'll probably upgrade to firefox 5.0 soon anyway.
That's strange. I made another change that you could try if it works. It's attached to this post. If it doesn't, then there's a lot of things that could be at fault and I'd really need to install an older version of Firefox to debug the code. You can configure the script manually though (some features are disabled by default, but they should work when enabled). Save it to your hard drive, open it with a text editor and search for the part that starts like this:

Code: Select all

// Initialize stuff
ICM_Config.prototype.Init = function()
{
    this.cfgOptions = 
    {
        "script_config" :
        {
            "version" : "1.1.1",
            "revision" : 111 
        },
It should be pretty self-explanatory as to what's what, if you set a value to true then that enables the feature and conversely false disables it. If you want to use top list sorting you can change the order by changing asc to desc and vice versa, just make sure you don't remove any " or , characters while modifying the script. When you're done, save it and install it.

edit: I just tried this version in Firefox 3.6.19 and everything seems to work. I'll update the first post with this.

edit2: Removed the test scripts from these last posts. See the first post for a correct script.
Last edited by themagician on July 22nd, 2011, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 22nd, 2011, 2:30 am

Yup, it works now! This is great.

themagician

Post by themagician » August 9th, 2011, 10:55 am

New feature! And a cleaner configuration window layout! Yay.

Okay, so briefly about the new configuration window layout. The checkbox next to each feature is the Enabled button. If you hover over a feature's title and it's underlined, if you click it, the optional settings for that feature are revealed.

So now the new feature. What it basically lets you do is select whatever lists you want, it then goes through each list and depending on what settings you had it either only shows movies that are on every list you selected OR every movie on every list, sorted by most toplists and optionally showing only movies that are on N toplists or more.

How you use it: On the list overview page go to the script configuration window and you should see "List Cross-referencing". You can't enable this feature, let me explain. Click it and and some options should become visible. Here you have the option to either choose "Show only movies found on all selected toplists" OR "Show all movies in descending order sorted by toplist matches" with an optional limit (e.g. if limit is 3, then only movies that were found on 3 or more toplists are shown. Click "Activate". A couple things happen: 1) a red dot appears in the topleft corner 2) a new tab appears next to "Miscellaneous" (or "All" if you have that enabled). You notice that a deactivation feature also appears. Now close the configuration window. Move your cursor over the top lists, their background colors should change. Now if you click on a toplist the background color should remain gray. If you click on the "Selected" tab you should see this toplist there. You can unselect a toplist by clicking on it again. Note that if you have the feature enabled that creates the "All" tab you can't unselect a toplist from there and conversely if you have selected a toplist from there you can't unselect it anywhere else. When you've selected 2 or more toplists a button appears under the toplists, now if you click on it the script goes through every selected toplist. When it's checking a toplist the background color changes to yellow, when it's done it changes back to normal. When all lists are checked by the script the final list appears under the toplists the output of which depends on your settings you selected before you clicked "Activate". To do it again perhaps with different settings or toplists you have to go click "Activate" again.

I also want to say that there's a 3 second delay between every toplist request to the server, keep this in mind when selecting toplists (e.g. 20 toplists = 1 minute). I also haven't tried selecting lots of big lists, it should work fine, but it could be slow, I don't know.

themagician

Post by themagician » August 9th, 2011, 10:16 pm

A minor but update worthy change. The check button appears now only when the Selected tab is clicked. It's also easier to observe the progress while the Selected tab is selected.

Edit: Another small update that fixes a bug and makes the toplists a little nicer under the Selected tab.
Last edited by themagician on August 10th, 2011, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 10th, 2011, 6:11 am

For some reason this isn't working for me.. I can select and 'check' lists, but I don't get an output...
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » August 10th, 2011, 6:27 am

The cross-referencing feature doesn't work for the longer lists like TSPDT. Also the number in the "Top lists" column is sometimes incorrect.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 10th, 2011, 6:46 am

Ah, I was trying to use it with TSPDT. I tried it with shorter lists and it worked fine.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

themagician

Post by themagician » August 10th, 2011, 8:37 am

mjf314 on Aug 10 2011, 12:27:22 AM wrote:The cross-referencing feature doesn't work for the longer lists like TSPDT. Also the number in the "Top lists" column is sometimes incorrect.
That's strange. It works fine for me for a long list like TSPDT, e.g. checking for films from TSPDT 1k, Film-noir and 1950s list works just fine. I also haven't noticed any incorrect numbers in the Top lists column, can you tell what lists with what settings give these incorrect values?
mightysparks on wrote:For some reason this isn't working for me.. I can select and 'check' lists, but I don't get an output...
Do you still get the box below the top lists? If it's empty it means that it didn't find a correct number of matches for a single movie (not one movie was found on all selected lists / at least N number of lists (where N = the number you type in the box)). I'll make a patch that displays some kind of message that no movies were found. If you don't even get the empy box then there's an error.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 10th, 2011, 8:42 am

No there's no box, nothing comes up at all. The boxes go yellow, back to normal, then nothing happens :(

themagician

Post by themagician » August 10th, 2011, 9:16 am

mightysparks on Aug 10 2011, 02:42:32 AM wrote:No there's no box, nothing comes up at all. The boxes go yellow, back to normal, then nothing happens :(
Okay. What browser and version do you have? I'll look into it after I've slept.

Tested the script in FF3.6 just now, there's a pretty annoying bug that I'll fix tomorrow as well.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » August 10th, 2011, 9:31 am

themagician on Aug 10 2011, 02:37:20 AM wrote:I also haven't noticed any incorrect numbers in the Top lists column, can you tell what lists with what settings give these incorrect values?
I just tried a few more times, and it seems to only give the wrong count when there are multiple films with the same title. For example, it gave the wrong count for Ningen no jôken and Kurutta kajitsu. I was using the "Limit results by number of toplist matches" setting, which I set to 2.

I just tried TSPDT + IMDb film noir + IMDb 1950s (with the "Show only movies..." setting) and it didn't work. I'm using Firefox 3.6.18.
Last edited by mjf314 on August 10th, 2011, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 10th, 2011, 9:51 am

I'm using Firefox 3.6.18 as well.

themagician

Post by themagician » August 10th, 2011, 9:58 am

mjf314 on Aug 10 2011, 03:31:46 AM wrote:
themagician on Aug 10 2011, 02:37:20 AM wrote:I also haven't noticed any incorrect numbers in the Top lists column, can you tell what lists with what settings give these incorrect values?
I just tried a few more times, and it seems to only give the wrong count when there are multiple films with the same title. For example, it gave the wrong count for Ningen no jôken and Kurutta kajitsu. I was using the "Limit results by number of toplist matches" setting, which I set to 2.

I just tried TSPDT + IMDb film noir + IMDb 1950s (with the "Show only movies..." setting) and it didn't work. I'm using Firefox 3.6.18.
Oh! That didn't even come to my mind as a possible scenario, but yes that indeed can cause the incorrect numbers. I'll fix it later. Going to sleep soon...

themagician

Post by themagician » August 11th, 2011, 6:46 am

This latest patch (1.2.3) I've thoroughly tested with FF3.6.18 + Greasemonkey 0.9.8 and FF5.0 + Greasemonkey 0.9.8.

I refactored the code a lot. Fixed all known bugs. Made some big changes (will update these soon to the first post) that are absolutely worth updating for even if the old version worked fine.

If this one doesn't work for you FF3.6 users then I can't do anything about it I'm afraid :/

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » August 11th, 2011, 7:43 am

It still doesn't work for the TSPDT list (or other lists of similar length). It also doesn't work for the Criterion list (671 films), but it does work for the National Film Registry list (574 films).

Is it possible that the longer lists take more time to load, and that's what's causing the problem? (although even if I wait, the list of films never shows up)
Last edited by mjf314 on August 11th, 2011, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

themagician

Post by themagician » August 11th, 2011, 8:18 am

mjf314 on Aug 11 2011, 01:43:57 AM wrote:It still doesn't work for the TSPDT list (or other lists of similar length). It also doesn't work for the Criterion list (671 films), but it does work for the National Film Registry list (574 films).

Is it possible that the longer lists take more time to load, and that's what's causing the problem? (although even if I wait, the list of films never shows up)
Okay, I can replicate this bug in FF 3.6, but not in FF 5.0 (where it works just fine on big lists). This is quite an interesting bug actually, will be interesting to solve... What I believe is happening is that Firefox's Javascript engine reserves certain fixed amount of memory for Javascript and when it fills it essentially crashes. If you search for "script stack space quota is exhausted" (which is the reported reason for the script not working, open Tools -> Error console and select large lists and run it) at bugzilla.mozilla.org there's 7594 reported bugs that mention those words. I'm not even sure if this fixable by me, but this could be a good reason to finally update to the latest version of Firefox... But I'll see if I can do anything about it.

Edit: It crashes while it's storing the movie data (which is very minimal) from a large list in memory so the only viable solution is to find a way make it consume less memory (since it doesn't appear to be algorithm related)... I'll try something though!

Edit2: I've isolated the crash to this line:

Code: Select all

var movies_res = result.match(/<body(?: class="(.*?)")*>([&#092;s&#092;S]*)<&#092;/body>/);
Which means my initial theory was likely wrong, well half-wrong anyway, not the exact reason, but similar. The match() function just can't handle the regular expression against a large string like that (the whole html content of a large top list page). I'll try to think of an alternative solution...

Edit3: Fixed! Will upload a patch soon.
Last edited by themagician on August 11th, 2011, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

themagician

Post by themagician » August 11th, 2011, 9:08 am

Double posting to inform that the above bug has been fixed for FF 3.6!

edit: Patch (1.2.4) now available. Tested it with the following lists and it worked fine:

Jonathan Rosenbaum's Essential Films 90 / 1017
Doubling the Canon 83 / 1001
Last edited by themagician on August 11th, 2011, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 11th, 2011, 9:11 am

Yay it's working now, thanks. You're so dedicated to this :)

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » August 11th, 2011, 10:05 am

It's working now, thanks. :)

I haven't updated to Firefox 5 because there are some addons that only work on older versions of Firefox.

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » August 17th, 2011, 2:11 pm

edit: Nevermind! It's running. Yey

This is so great, I really like your ideas! Unfortunately it's not working here.

I installed the script with Blank Canvas Script Handler in Chrome (also tried TamperMonkey first) and I can get to the ICM Enhanced configuration panel with both of them, but the site appears just the same with no new features. Where do I access the upcoming awards list, for example? I'm just assuming it's not working.

edit: any Chrome users here? I wanted to know if the problem is only mine.
Last edited by lampadatriste on August 17th, 2011, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manwithpetgull

Post by manwithpetgull » August 24th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Just wanted to say Thanks! to The Magician for this fantastic script... I downloaded it yesterday, love using it, and have had no problems with it in Firefox. A great contribution to the ICM community! Thank you!

whymse

Post by whymse » August 25th, 2011, 12:29 am

Just wanted to say Thanks! to The Magician for this fantastic script... I downloaded it yesterday, love using it, and have had no problems with it in Firefox. A great contribution to the ICM community! Thank you!
Yeah, I second that. A lot of time obviously went into the script, and you have tracked down cross-browser bugs and did a great job documenting it all. I use it every day on three different PCs and I love it.

Thanks for all your work.

themagician

Post by themagician » November 15th, 2011, 12:18 am

I wasn't going to upload another version since I was expecting 2.0 to launch, but since it will probably take some time still I decided to upload this. It doesn't add much, just adds a link to the checked movies page that opens all the imdb mobile rating pages for every movie (which I used to rate everything some time ago) and makes cross-referencing a bit more convenient by adding buttons under the list block on the overview page so you don't have to go to the configuration window every time.

themagician

Post by themagician » January 1st, 2012, 8:25 pm

Updated to version 1.4.0 for the new layout.

Removed Toplist sorting and Unchecked tab bug fix.

Added ability to hide those tags under toplists and movies that take a lot of space. You can still see them if you hover over a movie / toplist. This is enabled by default.

Upcoming Awards can be found under the Progress page.

List cross-referencing should work, but it doesn't work with the scrolling navigation scripts. I'll do that sometime later. Favorite whatever lists you want to compare and then use the script on the list favorites page. It also works on the Disliked and Watchlist pages for lists if you'd prefer to use those.
Last edited by themagician on January 1st, 2012, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 1st, 2012, 8:30 pm

themagician on Jan 1 2012, 01:25:28 PM wrote:Added ability to hide those tags under toplists and movies that take a lot of space. You can still see them if you hover over a movie / toplist. This is enabled by default.
Thanks for this. I was thinking that there should've been a middle option between normal and compact, and this solves my problem :)

Jook

Post by Jook » January 1st, 2012, 8:31 pm

I can't for the life of me work out how to word this, but is the feature where the lists were automatically sorted in order of how close you are to the awards still there? I know you can do it manually but I always want to view the lists like this so it's a bit of a pain doing it each time I click 'progress'

Edit: And actually you can rank it on 'closest award' on ICM but not so that the lists at the top will be the closest lists to PLATINUM, like ICM Enhanced previously did?
Last edited by Jook on January 1st, 2012, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themagician

Post by themagician » January 1st, 2012, 9:15 pm

Jook on Jan 1 2012, 01:31:08 PM wrote:I can't for the life of me work out how to word this, but is the feature where the lists were automatically sorted in order of how close you are to the awards still there? I know you can do it manually but I always want to view the lists like this so it's a bit of a pain doing it each time I click 'progress'

Edit: And actually you can rank it on 'closest award' on ICM but not so that the lists at the top will be the closest lists to PLATINUM, like ICM Enhanced previously did?
It seems to only have 'closest award' sorting indeed. Falsely remembered they had implemented this. I'll add it back in in the next update. Meanwhile you could favorite / watchlist all the official lists and sort them that way, since those pages (favorite lists, etc) allow manual ordering similarly to your favorite movies page. I'll probably also add the 'closest to platinum' sorting to these pages as well, although I have to see how the site reacts to it since it updates the order on the server every time you change the lists' order.
Last edited by themagician on January 1st, 2012, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.