Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 8 released June 27th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Results), 2019 awards (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Vinyan, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th)

Official lists updates

Post Reply
User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Re: Official lists updates

#2841

Post by Ebbywebby » March 22nd, 2020, 7:31 am

WalterNeff wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 2:34 am
joachimt wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 9:35 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 9:20 pm
So the ideal list title would be The New York Times's The New York Times Book of Movies: The Essential 1,000 Films to See.
I think Walter would be very pleased with this. :lol:
You know what doesn't have any apostrophes? Pre-Code.
Yeah, but it has a hyphen. And that's completely intolerable.

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7118
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#2842

Post by Gershwin » March 22nd, 2020, 11:53 am

I do think the 's looks a bit ridiculous. Why not leave it out? You can read NYT as part of the title indeed. Especially when that's how everyone refers to it.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
WalterNeff
Donator
Posts: 3194
Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Contact:

#2843

Post by WalterNeff » March 22nd, 2020, 3:47 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 7:31 am
WalterNeff wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 2:34 am
joachimt wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 9:35 pm

I think Walter would be very pleased with this. :lol:
You know what doesn't have any apostrophes? Pre-Code.
Yeah, but it has a hyphen. And that's completely intolerable.
You have a point. Several lists have dashes in them as well. What is this world coming to?

beasterne
Posts: 375
Joined: May 22, 2013
Contact:

#2844

Post by beasterne » March 27th, 2020, 1:35 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 9:20 pm
So the ideal list title would be The New York Times's The New York Times Book of Movies: The Essential 1,000 Films to See.
L O L

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31745
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2845

Post by joachimt » April 1st, 2020, 7:19 pm

I noticed that TSPDT1001-2000 only lists the first part of Fantomas, although the series consists of five titles. I haven't checked the source (would be easy to do so of course), but I'm sure it lists Fantomas as a whole. After some clicking I noticed that there's an inconsistency with this title. Some lists have all five titles and some only the first. I wonder if it's worth it to check every source to see if they all list the series as a whole.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24713
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2846

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 1st, 2020, 7:22 pm

It should be the series as a whole. I think all lists except the imdb lists have them together.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31745
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2847

Post by joachimt » April 1st, 2020, 7:31 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 7:22 pm
It should be the series as a whole. I think all lists except the imdb lists have them together.
Can you fix it on TSPDT1001-2000?

DtC also has just the first episode. Should be all five as well, right?
I'll check other lists.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24713
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2848

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 1st, 2020, 7:34 pm

I don't know about DtC, I think Angel's rule is one nomination nominates all but each is voted independently.

Edit: The other list that doesn't match is Thompson. I can check that later if you don't have the source.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31745
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2849

Post by joachimt » April 1st, 2020, 7:36 pm

I'll ask Angel.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24713
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2850

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 1st, 2020, 7:49 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 7:34 pm
Edit: The other list that doesn't match is Thompson. I can check that later if you don't have the source.
Yeah, Thomson should have the whole series too.
Edit: Fixed

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31745
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2851

Post by joachimt » April 1st, 2020, 8:01 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 7:49 pm
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 7:34 pm
Edit: The other list that doesn't match is Thompson. I can check that later if you don't have the source.
Yeah, Thomson should have the whole series too.
Edit: Fixed
So no need for me to check the rest?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24713
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2852

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 1st, 2020, 8:09 pm

No, they all match except DtC


User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31745
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2854

Post by joachimt » April 2nd, 2020, 6:39 pm

done
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9832
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#2855

Post by Knaldskalle » April 10th, 2020, 5:42 pm

Eureka!'s The Masters of Cinema Series needs updating.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31745
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2856

Post by joachimt » April 10th, 2020, 6:36 pm

Knaldskalle wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 5:42 pm
Eureka!'s The Masters of Cinema Series needs updating.
Seems x just did it.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7617
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#2857

Post by xianjiro » April 10th, 2020, 6:52 pm

joachimt wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 6:36 pm
Knaldskalle wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 5:42 pm
Eureka!'s The Masters of Cinema Series needs updating.
Seems x just did it.
Yes. I got on the mailing list and got the announcement today (same for Criterion's mailing list). I noticed that MoC hadn't been updated for a couple months, so tried to catch everything that was missed. It seems like a couple of the new releases are really just reissues from Eureka (on bluray).

Did I miss something in particular?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9832
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#2858

Post by Knaldskalle » April 10th, 2020, 9:22 pm

xianjiro wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 6:52 pm
joachimt wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 6:36 pm
Knaldskalle wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 5:42 pm
Eureka!'s The Masters of Cinema Series needs updating.
Seems x just did it.
Yes. I got on the mailing list and got the announcement today (same for Criterion's mailing list). I noticed that MoC hadn't been updated for a couple months, so tried to catch everything that was missed. It seems like a couple of the new releases are really just reissues from Eureka (on bluray).

Did I miss something in particular?
Criss Cross is spine #231, A Foreign Affair is #232. :whistling:
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7617
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#2859

Post by xianjiro » April 10th, 2020, 11:57 pm

Knaldskalle wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 9:22 pm
xianjiro wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 6:52 pm
joachimt wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 6:36 pm

Seems x just did it.
Yes. I got on the mailing list and got the announcement today (same for Criterion's mailing list). I noticed that MoC hadn't been updated for a couple months, so tried to catch everything that was missed. It seems like a couple of the new releases are really just reissues from Eureka (on bluray).

Did I miss something in particular?
Criss Cross is spine #231, A Foreign Affair is #232. :whistling:
fixed - will watch more closely next time

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
WalterNeff
Donator
Posts: 3194
Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Contact:

#2860

Post by WalterNeff » April 15th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Criterion July updates https://www.criterion.com/shop/browse?p ... oming-soon
(or for the apostrophe-enamored - Criterion's July's updates)

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31745
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2861

Post by joachimt » April 15th, 2020, 5:27 pm

WalterNeff wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 5:12 pm
Criterion July updates https://www.criterion.com/shop/browse?p ... oming-soon
(or for the apostrophe-enamored - Criterion's July's updates)
xianjiro, you offered to be the responsible mod for this list, so go ahead.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"


User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7617
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#2863

Post by xianjiro » April 15th, 2020, 8:34 pm

joachimt wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 5:27 pm
WalterNeff wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 5:12 pm
Criterion July updates https://www.criterion.com/shop/browse?p ... oming-soon
(or for the apostrophe-enamored - Criterion's July's updates)
xianjiro, you offered to be the responsible mod for this list, so go ahead.
:shrug:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24713
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2864

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 15th, 2020, 8:38 pm

You'll beat me one day.

User avatar
Chilton
Posts: 529
Joined: Jan 05, 2013
Contact:

#2865

Post by Chilton » April 18th, 2020, 5:19 pm

The ICM's Most Favorited list hasn't updated in more than a month

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11311
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2866

Post by mjf314 » April 18th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Chilton wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 5:19 pm
The ICM's Most Favorited list hasn't updated in more than a month
I just told Marijn about it, so hopefully he'll fix it soon.

User avatar
fori
Posts: 1330
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Contact:

#2867

Post by fori » April 19th, 2020, 2:15 am

Is there any chance that a “most streamed” films list could be made official (if it ever existed)? The box office lists are incomplete without something like that. It should ideally be international, I really don’t think a USA only list will do the job properly either. Obviously there are a million complications to a list like that, but if a good enough one was compiled, I think it should be official.

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24713
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2868

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 19th, 2020, 3:31 am

How would it be compiled when none of the streaming services release even vague numbers?

blocho
Donator
Posts: 3243
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

#2869

Post by blocho » April 19th, 2020, 5:33 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 3:31 am
How would it be compiled when none of the streaming services release even vague numbers?
And some of them (netflix) occasionally release obviously fake numbers.

User avatar
fori
Posts: 1330
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Contact:

#2870

Post by fori » April 19th, 2020, 7:26 am

fori wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 2:15 am
Is there any chance that a “most streamed” films list could be made official (if it ever existed)? The box office lists are incomplete without something like that. It should ideally be international, I really don’t think a USA only list will do the job properly either. Obviously there are a million complications to a list like that, but if a good enough one was compiled, I think it should be official.

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24713
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2871

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 19th, 2020, 8:03 am

Yes I read that, but I'm saying this isn't just something that doesn't exist, it's something that, in the near future, I can't fathom existing. I suppose, theoretically I wouldn't be against it, but I have no idea how that could happen or who would make it or maintain it or what accuracy we could expect from it or anything else. In the ideal sure I'd support it, but any version that I can fathom actually existing in the next decade would probably be inadequate.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7617
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#2872

Post by xianjiro » April 20th, 2020, 1:50 am

blocho wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 5:33 am
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 3:31 am
How would it be compiled when none of the streaming services release even vague numbers?
And some of them (netflix) occasionally release obviously fake numbers.
or numbers derived by suspect means - I think they count something like five seconds as a watch (but don't quote me on the number of seconds - or was it minutes? Just remember reading that somewhere.)

but I do like the idea if there is ever a good source

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7118
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#2873

Post by Gershwin » April 23rd, 2020, 11:57 am

I think 3rd would be very happy if we got an official list with most streamed films. :shifty:
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
erde
Posts: 317
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

#2874

Post by erde » April 23rd, 2020, 12:12 pm

Gershwin wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 11:57 am
I think 3rd would be very happy if we got an official list with most streamed films. :shifty:
:lol:

The streams are distributed between a very large amount of films there, though. But we can be fairly sure what the dominant genre would be. tehe
Image Image

User avatar
3rd
Posts: 1851
Joined: May 24, 2011
Contact:

#2875

Post by 3rd » April 23rd, 2020, 12:35 pm

Gershwin wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 11:57 am
I think 3rd would be very happy if we got an official list with most streamed films. :shifty:
No, wrong guess!
Neither a prude nor politically correct!
Minst sex års kritiskt granskande!

https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/3rd/

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 7617
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#2876

Post by xianjiro » April 24th, 2020, 4:13 am

erde wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 12:12 pm
Gershwin wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 11:57 am
I think 3rd would be very happy if we got an official list with most streamed films. :shifty:
:lol:

The streams are distributed between a very large amount of films there, though. But we can be fairly sure what the dominant genre would be. tehe
Didn't even think of it that way - until you mentioned it. :o

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31745
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2877

Post by joachimt » April 24th, 2020, 5:54 pm

Someone asked about FOK in another thread. The last vote was done on February 11th, which was already after the deadline. I PMed the host (TheRussianBear, who is Lakigigar on this forum) on February 28th. No reply. Someone on FOK posted on March 12th when the results will be in. The host replied on March 31st that he was still waiting to get his broken laptop back, but it was delayed because of Corona. He said he will post the results after the Corona-crisis.

And we thought PA was slow on the directors poll! :lol:

I counted 31 participants.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

dirty_score
Posts: 310
Joined: Oct 10, 2016
Contact:

#2878

Post by dirty_score » April 24th, 2020, 7:52 pm

I don't think that 31 participants is enough to warrant an update. Best to revert it.

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11311
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2879

Post by mjf314 » April 24th, 2020, 8:01 pm

How many people participated in the FOK poll in past years?

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31745
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2880

Post by joachimt » April 24th, 2020, 8:28 pm

mjf314 wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 8:01 pm
How many people participated in the FOK poll in past years?
I'll dig tomorrow.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Post Reply