Page 65 of 66

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: January 20th, 2020, 9:16 pm
by PeacefulAnarchy
Done

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: January 26th, 2020, 6:46 am
by Fergenaprido
Pain and Glory won the Goya for Best Film.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: January 26th, 2020, 8:21 am
by joachimt
Fergenaprido wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 6:46 am
Pain and Glory won the Goya for Best Film.
Updated

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: January 27th, 2020, 11:43 am
by dirty_score
1917 and Bad Boys for Life to be added to All Time Worldwide Box Office

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: January 27th, 2020, 11:47 am
by joachimt
dirty_score wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:43 am
1917 and Bad Boys for Life to be added to All Time Worldwide Box Office
to-do-listed...

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: January 28th, 2020, 9:27 pm
by joachimt
joachimt wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:47 am
dirty_score wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:43 am
1917 and Bad Boys for Life to be added to All Time Worldwide Box Office
to-do-listed...
done

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: January 31st, 2020, 1:12 am
by jmarasco
Did something get a significant update? I gained 3 or 4 official checks overnight and the profile charts are all out of order now between checks and standings.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 2nd, 2020, 5:29 am
by pitn
Update for Belgian film awards list. Duelles https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/duelles-2018/ won the Magritte du cinema for best film last night.
Source: https://www.lesmagritteducinema.com/pal ... ition=2020 (in French)

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 2nd, 2020, 5:34 am
by pitn
Minari https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/minari/ won the Grand jury prize at Sundance festival

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 2nd, 2020, 7:51 am
by joachimt
Both lists updated.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 2nd, 2020, 10:47 pm
by Nathan Treadway
1917 won the BAFTA.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm
by joachimt
Three new titles on all time worldwide box office. Apparently some recalculations, because these are not recent movies.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 4th, 2020, 8:37 pm
by OldAle1
joachimt wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm
Three new titles on all time worldwide box office. Apparently some recalculations, because these are not recent movies.
Three more now-official masterpieces showing off the best of the 2000s though! I don't know how anybody can claim the 21st century doesn't have enough official checks when we are treated to an unexpected offering like this.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 4th, 2020, 8:50 pm
by Onderhond
Probably better than half of the TSPDT 21st Century list.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 5th, 2020, 8:04 am
by Harco
joachimt wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm
Three new titles on all time worldwide box office. Apparently some recalculations, because these are not recent movies.
Zohan and Garfield were on the list before. Think Garfield dropped off with the most recent massive update. Open Season I’m not so sure of.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 5th, 2020, 10:43 am
by bjornam
Garfield - Some quality cinema right there.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 5th, 2020, 7:13 pm
by Harco
joachimt wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:26 pm
Huh? Compare these two links:
This is the source-link at the iCM-list:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/top ... /?area=XWW
This is what I get when I click through the menu's on BOM:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/ww_ ... /?area=XWW
Slightly different link. Different lay-out and info. Same list, but the first one is cut at 1000 and the second one at 1014. Weird.
Seems like this has now been fixed.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 13th, 2020, 11:17 am
by Ebbywebby
I just watched the Polish film "The Round-Up" (1966). About "rounding up" political prisoners. Why the hell is this on the IMDb Western top 50 list?

Is it possible the list should have one of these films instead?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0021821/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0011647/

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 13th, 2020, 2:06 pm
by Fergenaprido
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:17 am
I just watched the Polish film "The Round-Up" (1966). About "rounding up" political prisoners. Why the hell is this on the IMDb Western top 50 list?

Is it possible the list should have one of these films instead?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0021821/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0011647/
Because it's tagged as a western on imdb and is rated highly enough to be on the list. Did you bother to check the source? Both of your suggestion are rated below 6.0... not a chance it should be either of them.

If the film shouldn't be tagged as a western, you can edit it and remove the genre tag: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059776/

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 13th, 2020, 2:45 pm
by WalterNeff
Fergenaprido wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 2:06 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:17 am
I just watched the Polish film "The Round-Up" (1966). About "rounding up" political prisoners. Why the hell is this on the IMDb Western top 50 list?

Is it possible the list should have one of these films instead?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0021821/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0011647/
Because it's tagged as a western on imdb and is rated highly enough to be on the list. Did you bother to check the source? Both of your suggestion are rated below 6.0... not a chance it should be either of them.

If the film shouldn't be tagged as a western, you can edit it and remove the genre tag: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059776/
Get along little drogie

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 13th, 2020, 8:03 pm
by blocho
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:17 am
I just watched the Polish film "The Round-Up" (1966). About "rounding up" political prisoners. Why the hell is this on the IMDb Western top 50 list?
Hungarian, not Polish.

The definition of "Western" is complicated, controversial, and fraught. The Round-Up doesn't fit my preferred definition, but I've found it better not to argue with people over genre boundaries.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 13th, 2020, 10:19 pm
by Ebbywebby
blocho wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:17 am
I just watched the Polish film "The Round-Up" (1966). About "rounding up" political prisoners. Why the hell is this on the IMDb Western top 50 list?
Hungarian, not Polish.

The definition of "Western" is complicated, controversial, and fraught. The Round-Up doesn't fit my preferred definition, but I've found it better not to argue with people over genre boundaries.
Whoops on the nationality. There is NO possible way one can claim "The Round-Up" is a Western. It's strange how the top of the page labels it "Drama, History, War," but then further down the page, it's "Drama / History / War / Western." And a keyword for "spaghetti western" (PLEASE!) besides. I'm going to see if I can get this stuff changed.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 13th, 2020, 10:46 pm
by Ebbywebby
Hey, guess what? I was successful. Both the genre and keyword are gone now.

I've done a solid bit of contributing to IMDb by now, and it seems like they accept my edits more readily than in the past. :banana:

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 13th, 2020, 11:39 pm
by Ebbywebby

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 2:56 am
by Fergenaprido
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 10:19 pm
blocho wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:17 am
I just watched the Polish film "The Round-Up" (1966). About "rounding up" political prisoners. Why the hell is this on the IMDb Western top 50 list?
Hungarian, not Polish.

The definition of "Western" is complicated, controversial, and fraught. The Round-Up doesn't fit my preferred definition, but I've found it better not to argue with people over genre boundaries.
Whoops on the nationality. There is NO possible way one can claim "The Round-Up" is a Western. It's strange how the top of the page labels it "Drama, History, War," but then further down the page, it's "Drama / History / War / Western." And a keyword for "spaghetti western" (PLEASE!) besides. I'm going to see if I can get this stuff changed.
For genres, imdb only shows a max of 3 at the top, and then lists all of them lower down. I'm not sure if icm imports only the first 3, or all.

And don't be afraid to make changes on imdb if you feel they're blatantly wrong. Some people may disagree with you, but as long as it doesn't turn into an edit war with things going back and forth, you'll probably be okay and your edits will be accepted. If you think it's particularly contentious, adding a comment to your edit usually helps.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 5:35 am
by tommy_leazaq
Large plains and some people wearing hats = Western :D

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 5:40 am
by PeacefulAnarchy
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:39 pm
https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/31 ... enschatten

director, genre
Wrong thread, but done.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 6:58 am
by Ebbywebby
Jeez, first the Polish thing, now this. My mind may need a recharge.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 7:34 pm
by joachimt
Both BO-lists are now top 1000 as they are presented on BOM.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 7:56 pm
by mathiasa
joachimt wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 7:34 pm
Both BO-lists are now top 1000 as they are presented on BOM.
crazy, so many new movies :circle: but it‘s great, this solved
the inflation issue. :banana:

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 8:23 pm
by max-scl

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 8:26 pm
by max-scl

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 8:34 pm
by joachimt
Can you take a look at these, Knaldskalle?

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 8:43 pm
by GruesomeTwosome
The six Rohmer films are already in the Criterion list. All other newly announced titles would be new to the list though, I believe.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 14th, 2020, 9:48 pm
by Ebbywebby
I was proud of myself for finally achieving 75% on the Criterion Collection list the other day...but because I haven't seen Husbands, Dance Girl Dance, Wildlife or The Great Escape, now I'm back under 75% again. Boo.

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 15th, 2020, 7:10 pm
by xianjiro
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 10:19 pm
blocho wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:17 am
I just watched the Polish film "The Round-Up" (1966). About "rounding up" political prisoners. Why the hell is this on the IMDb Western top 50 list?
Hungarian, not Polish.

The definition of "Western" is complicated, controversial, and fraught. The Round-Up doesn't fit my preferred definition, but I've found it better not to argue with people over genre boundaries.
Whoops on the nationality. There is NO possible way one can claim "The Round-Up" is a Western. It's strange how the top of the page labels it "Drama, History, War," but then further down the page, it's "Drama / History / War / Western." And a keyword for "spaghetti western" (PLEASE!) besides. I'm going to see if I can get this stuff changed.
kielbasa western :shrug: goulash western - easy mistake

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 15th, 2020, 7:12 pm
by xianjiro
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 6:58 am
Jeez, first the Polish thing, now this. My mind may need a recharge.
too much western paprikash

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 16th, 2020, 7:39 pm
by Ebbywebby
Criterion list still not updated? :(

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 16th, 2020, 8:05 pm
by joachimt
Ebbywebby wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 7:39 pm
Criterion list still not updated? :(
I leave normally leave this list to Knaldskalle, but he's not very active anymore.......

Re: Official lists updates

Posted: February 17th, 2020, 11:57 am
by Ebbywebby
Is it correct that the All Time Box Office and All Time Worldwide Box Office lists contain same-named but different movies named "Everest"?