Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Coming of Age (Results), DtC - Ratings (Results), 1933 (May 12th), 1970s (May 29th)
Challenges: Japan, Mystery/Thriller, Western
Film of the Week: Akage, June nominations (May 28th)

Official lists updates

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

xianjiro wrote: April 30th, 2021, 9:14 am
from Cahiers du Cinéma's Annual Top 10 Lists: "1968's #4 spot for Histoires extraordinaires is specifically for Federico Fellini's segment "Toby Damnit." " and "423 - Histoires extraordinaires 1968 — a.k.a. Spirits of the Dead, in 3 top lists"

I don't remember anyone actually making the case that Toby Damnit needed to be a separate entry on IMDb and Histoires extraordinaires removed from the Cahiers Top 10s list. And guess what, "No results found for "toby damnit" " when one searches IMDb. So this just doesn't wash.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11669728/

Coincidentally, I recently tried to get Fellini's name added as the director and IMDb rejected me.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

of course! half to also search on alternate spellings
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I just took a look at the Lola Award list and compare the list to the wiki:
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/lola ... rman+film/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Fi ... ction_Film
I found several differences, both ways, movies on the list no on Wiki and movies on Wiki not on the list. Am I looking at the wrong page?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
beavis

Post by beavis »

looking at another wiki for the award: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Film_Award#Winners
there is at least a 1952 award there that is not in our ICM list ór in the wiki list that you link to...
I guess this one could use a comb through indeed
Traveller

Post by Traveller »

I can take a look tomorrow or Saturday. The official site has also a list with all winners. There seems to be confusion about what constitutes as the main award. For example the 1952 award: up to 1953 the main award was the "Goldener Leuchter", which no film received in 1952. The winner mentioned in beavis' list only got the price for a special award given out that year.
ICM
May Challenge: Image
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

There were some years when the main award was given to multiple films. But we don't include a special award. Only "best film".
ICM-profile
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Traveller wrote: May 6th, 2021, 7:49 pm There seems to be confusion about what constitutes as the main award. For example the 1952 award: up to 1953 the main award was the "Goldener Leuchter", which no film received in 1952. The winner mentioned in beavis' list only got the price for a special award given out that year.
From the German Wikipedia page (sorry to all folks, not going to translate it now :pinch: ): "Gewinner des Deutschen Filmpreises in der Kategorie Bester Spielfilm (früher: Bester programmfüllender Spielfilm). Seit 1999 wird der Gewinner mit der Preisstatuette „Lola“ geehrt. Davor gab es bis 1953 den Wanderpreis „Goldener Leuchter“, dann bis 1960 den Wanderpreis „Goldene Schale“ (ebenso 1974, 1976, 1977 und 1979) und ab 1961 das Filmband in Gold."

So this could explain how even the English and German Wiki pages on the winners differ - look at 1973 for example:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutscher ... 1_bis_1985
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Fi ... %80%931986

Die Sachverständigen is supposed to have won for 1973 in the English (international) version of the 'pedia, while it says on the German version that there was no winner in this year ..
For comparison, for this same film, the awards list on IMDb says: "WINNER: Challenge Award 'Golden Bowl'" and only "NOMINEE: Film Award in Gold" (which was the only legitimate main prize from 1961 on) .. while Trotta, a film to actually have won the real prize in the previous year, you have on IMDb: "WINNER: Film Award in Gold"

Guess someone maybe pulled the English Wiki for earlier years as source for our ICM list? Or the folks over at the award page juggled around the correct categories themselves ..
Anyway, the source section that is linked on ICM is dead. The current source would be Historie - and it's a pain to go through where you have to manually click through each year before 2005. :pinch: (But it looks correct for 1973, only a Schüssel "Schale" for Die Sachverständigen, no golden band.)

It seems like we'll have to turn a couple of films unofficial during that. Very alright if it cleans up affairs.
Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Looks like Torgo is looking into it.
ICM
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Torgo wrote: Yesterday, 1:11 am The current source would be Historie - and it's a pain to go through where you have to manually click through each year before 2005. :pinch: (But it looks correct for 1973, only a Schüssel "Schale" for Die Sachverständigen, no golden band.)
Looks like this is the page we have to go through. I can do it later this week. Or maybe Torgo or Traveller is willing to do it?
ICM-profile
Traveller

Post by Traveller »

See the below text in spoilers for the complete list of winners. All taken from the list mentioned in my earlier post and linked later by Torgo. The entries marked in red seem to be the problem; all others should be fine imo.

1962 - Das Brot der frühen Jahre received the main award Filmband in Gold but it specifically says it's for second price as first price wasn't awarded that year.
1963 - Both films mentioned in the main category only received Filmband in Silber.
1970-1976 - During this time Bester programmfüllender Spielfilm was apparently split into two categories, Gestaltung and Herstellung, with the latter being considered "best film" going by the films chosen in wikipedia.
1971 - Based on that, Lenz would have to be added.
1972 - Based on that, Ludwig Requiem für einen jungfräulichen König would have to be added.
1973 - Die Sachverständigen is mentioned as the best film but only received the Filmband in Silber.
1975 - Lina Braake is mentioned as the best film but only received the Filmband in Silber.
1981 - All four films below received the Filmband in Silber with no mention of one being considered the best one (I assume they were the nominees?). Jede Menge Kohle also won the price for cinematography, maybe that's why it's in the list?
1987 - All three films below also received only the Filmband in Silber but not the main award. Looks like all three nominees were thus added to the list.
1993 - All three films below also received only the Filmband in Silber but not the main award. Looks like all three nominees were thus added to the list.

Quoting from wikipedia regarding the main award (Filmband in Gold), if the silver reward should be considered as the winner that year, "As the constitution said the prize was only awarded, if outstanding achievement was given, not every year a film was declared the winner of the prize." as well as "Regular prize winners receive a Film Award in Gold whereas the runners-up receive a silver award."
Spoiler
Main award: „Goldener Leuchter“
1951 - Das doppelte Lottchen - Goldener Leuchter
1952 - none
1953 - Nachts auf den Straßen - Goldener Leuchter
Main award: „Goldene Schale“
1954 - Weg ohne Umkehr - Goldene Schale
1955 - Canaris - Goldene Schale
1956 - none
1957 - Der Hauptmann von Köpenick - Goldene Schale
1958 - Nachts, wenn der Teufel kam - Goldene Schale
1959 - Helden - Goldene Schale
1960 - Die Brücke - Goldene Schale
Main award: „Filmband in Gold“ without „Goldene Schale“ being discontinued yet
1961 - none
1962 - Das Brot der frühen Jahre - Filmband in Gold but rewarded only for second price (first price not rewarded that year)
1963 - Die endlose Nacht / Das Feuerschiff - Filmband in Silber
1964 - Kennwort: Reiher - Filmband in Gold
1965 - Das Haus in der Karpfengasse - Filmband in Gold
1966 - Der junge Törless - Filmband in Gold
1967 - Abschied von gestern - Filmband in Gold
1968 - Tätowierung - Filmband in Gold
1969 - Die Artisten in der Zirkuskuppel: ratlos - Filmband in Gold
Main award category now called Beste abendfüllende Spielfilme (Herstellung) in contrast to Beste abendfüllende Spielfilme (Gestaltung) also rewarded from now on (going by the winners chosen at the wikipedia sites)
1970 - Katzelmacher / Malatesta - Filmband in Gold
1971 - Erste Liebe / Lenz - Filmband in Gold
1972 - Ludwig Requiem für einen jungfräulichen König / Trotta - Filmband in Gold
1973 - Die Sachverständigen - Filmband in Silber
1974 - Der Fußgänger - „Goldene Schale“
1975 - Lina Braake - Filmband in Silber
1976 - Es herrscht Ruhe im Land - „Goldene Schale“
Main award category is now called Bester programmfüllender Spielfilm
1977 - Heinrich - „Goldene Schale“
1978 - Die gläserne Zelle - Filmband in Gold
1979 - Die Blechtrommel - „Goldene Schale“ (last time awarded)
1980 - Die letzten Jahre der Kindheit - Filmband in Gold
1981 - Jede Menge Kohle / Looping / Der Mond ist nur a nackerte Kugel / Nick´s Film Lightning over Water - Filmband in Silber
1982 - Die bleierne Zeit - Filmband in Gold
1983 - Der Stand der Dinge - Filmband in Gold
1984 - Wo die grünen Ameisen träumen - Filmband in Gold
1985 - Oberst Redl - Filmband in Gold
1986 - Rosa Luxemburg - Filmband in Gold
1987 - Das Schweigen des Dichters / Francesca / Der Name der Rose - Filmband in Silber
1988 - Der Himmel über Berlin - Filmband in Gold
1989 - Yasemin - Filmband in Gold
Main award category now called Bester Film
1990 - Letzte Ausfahrt Brooklyn - Filmband in Gold
1991 - Malina - Filmband in Gold
1992 - Schtonk - Filmband in Gold
1993 - Kleine Haie / Der olympische Sommer / Wir können auch anders - Filmband in Silber
1994 - Kaspar Hauser - Filmband in Gold
1995 - Der bewegte Mann - Filmband in Gold
1996 - Der Totmacher - Filmband in Gold
1997 - Rossini - Filmband in Gold
1998 - Comedian Harmonists - Filmband in Gold
Main award now called Lola (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
1999 - Lola rennt - LOLA in Gold
2000 - Die Unberührbare - LOLA in Gold
2001 - Die innere Sicherheit - LOLA in Gold
2002 - Nirgendwo in Afrika - LOLA in Gold
2003 - Good Bye, Lenin! - LOLA in Gold
2004 - Gegen die Wand - LOLA in Gold
2005 - Alles auf Zucker - LOLA in Gold
2006 - Das Leben der Anderen - LOLA in Gold
2007 - Vier Minuten - LOLA in Gold
2008 - Auf der anderen Seite - LOLA in Gold
2009 - John Rabe - LOLA in Gold
2010 - Das weisse Band - LOLA in Gold
2011 - Vincent will Meer - LOLA in Gold
2012 - Halt auf freier Strecke - LOLA in Gold
2013 - Oh Boy - LOLA in Gold
2014 - Die andere Heimat - LOLA in Gold
2015 - Victoria - LOLA in Gold
2016 - Der Staat gegen Fritz Bauer - LOLA in Gold
2017 - Toni Erdmann - LOLA in Gold
2018 - 3 Tage in Quiberon - LOLA in Gold
2019 - Gundermann - LOLA in Gold
2020 - Systemsprenger - LOLA in Gold
ICM
monk-time

Post by monk-time »

Traveller wrote: Yesterday, 9:44 am Quoting from wikipedia regarding the main award (Filmband in Gold), if the silver reward should be considered as the winner that year, "As the constitution said the prize was only awarded, if outstanding achievement was given, not every year a film was declared the winner of the prize." as well as "Regular prize winners receive a Film Award in Gold whereas the runners-up receive a silver award."
Those snobs can go screw themselves with a rusted spoon. Oh, not a single film met our arbitrary definition of excellence this year, so no #1 this year, we'll only award #2. And multiple #2s at that. What a bunch of schmucks.

I didn't know it was even possible to screw up doing a ranked list. It's even worse than having UTC+09:45 as your time zone.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I'm leaning towards including those silver awards, for the reason Bobby very nicely put to words. If it's the best movie of the year, it should be on the list. If they say it's a tie, multiple movies get on the list.

Other mods agree?
ICM-profile
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

Sounds reasonable
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

ICM-profile
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

Mean Streets reach the "on 20 Lists" millestone :poshclap:
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

monk-time wrote: Yesterday, 10:03 am
Traveller wrote: Yesterday, 9:44 am Quoting from wikipedia regarding the main award (Filmband in Gold), if the silver reward should be considered as the winner that year, "As the constitution said the prize was only awarded, if outstanding achievement was given, not every year a film was declared the winner of the prize." as well as "Regular prize winners receive a Film Award in Gold whereas the runners-up receive a silver award."
Those snobs can go screw themselves with a rusted spoon. Oh, not a single film met our arbitrary definition of excellence this year, so no #1 this year, we'll only award #2. And multiple #2s at that. What a bunch of schmucks.
:lol: I was wondering that myself yesterday. It's a BOLD thing to do for a festival, right? Sorry, tonight, NO ONE will go home as a winner, your films suck. :D
I don't know, maybe they had some weird quotas and cut-offs on what was needed for the main prize in gold, like at least 4 out of 10 jury members agreeing on it, giving it a 8/10, who knows. It's .. odd.

joachimt wrote: Yesterday, 12:35 pm I'm leaning towards including those silver awards, for the reason Bobby very nicely put to words. If it's the best movie of the year, it should be on the list. If they say it's a tie, multiple movies get on the list.

Other mods agree?
Not a mod here, but not necessarily agreeing. Escpecially with ties. It's their prize, they had that weird system for over 20 years, should we really decide who won?
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Torgo wrote: Yesterday, 3:46 pm
I don't know, maybe they had some weird quotas and cut-offs on what was needed for the main prize in gold, like at least 4 out of 10 jury members agreeing on it, giving it a 8/10, who knows. It's .. odd.
joachimt wrote: Yesterday, 12:35 pm
9.9, 9.9, 9.9, 6.5, 9.9 - damn Czechoslovakian judge screws things up again! :lol:
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I don't think we should be that quick to include. If they are drawing a distinction between first and second prize and we decide to add second prize for a given year, that suggests to me we are recognizing BOTH first and second prizes as worthy of official status and then why wouldn't we include all other second prizes? I don't have an issue per se doing that, but it would also suggest such could be argued for other awards - we have first and second prize on Lola, why not List X?

If we're just including first prize, then yes, years it's not awarded are years we skip too and note in the intro in case the question comes up. I'll be honest, if I understand correctly, this seems to follow their intent 'better', but that's an opinion from one or two steps removal.

And do I understand that we're talking Lola and their site doesn't include a list a winners, right?
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

xianjiro wrote: Yesterday, 4:16 pm And do I understand that we're talking Lola and their site doesn't include a list a winners, right?
No and yes. As written above, they have a section on their site on the history of winners, but since the name and type of prize changed a bit throughout 1952 to the 1990s and people start wanting to decide what is worthy of listing and what isn't ...

I recognize the noble intent of the mods by promoting an additional small set of obscure films from the 1970s when the festival wasn't decided enough to do so, buut it feels shaky to me .. I can live with a couple of years with gaps for this list. :shrug:
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Torgo wrote: Yesterday, 4:21 pm
xianjiro wrote: Yesterday, 4:16 pm And do I understand that we're talking Lola and their site doesn't include a list a winners, right?
No and yes. As written above, they have a section on their site on the history of winners, but since the name and type of prize changed a bit throughout 1952 to the 1990s and people start wanting to decide what is worthy of listing and what isn't ...

I recognize the noble intent of the mods by promoting an additional small set of obscure films from the 1970s when the festival wasn't decided enough to do so, buut it feels shaky to me .. I can live with a couple of years with gaps for this list. :shrug:
I absolutely appreciate the extra due diligence to get it right, but it's starts to get squidgy when we go to secondary sources and what they think.

With others, like Condor de Plata which I helped with during my brief period as a Mod, it 1) didn't have a primary source and 2) secondary sources (we had two) showed the awards evolution over time and while it might have been called something different in the 50s (or whenever) there seemed a through line - this organization's top prize for this year was X. If it were to become clear that we misread and the first five prizes was a fundamentally different organization, then I'd say we have to remove. Point is, prize award names change, but we can trace their evolution (Oscar Foreign Picture, can't remember the exact changes in that name, but it's another example).

Prize awarders have their own rules, criteria, whatever. That's their decision and we should respect it.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

xianjiro wrote: Yesterday, 4:33 pm
Torgo wrote: Yesterday, 4:21 pm

I absolutely appreciate the extra due diligence to get it right, but it's starts to get squidgy when we go to secondary sources and what they think.

With others, like Condor de Plata which I helped with during my brief period as a Mod, it 1) didn't have a primary source and 2) secondary sources (we had two) showed the awards evolution over time and while it might have been called something different in the 50s (or whenever) there seemed a through line - this organization's top prize for this year was X. If it were to become clear that we misread and the first five prizes was a fundamentally different organization, then I'd say we have to remove. Point is, prize award names change, but we can trace their evolution (Oscar Foreign Picture, can't remember the exact changes in that name, but it's another example).

Prize awarders have their own rules, criteria, whatever. That's their decision and we should respect it.
I agree with both of these. I mean, it was definitely an asshole move for the judges to just not award a 1st place, but it did seem to be a pretty deliberate decision on their part to do so.
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

Even as a VERY forgiving viewer, I can totally understand the jury for a FESTIVAL with a relatively restricted number of entries - say, 20-40 - not feeling like there was a single film "good enough" for the top prize in a given year. I mean, it would be highly unlikely for me personally to ever feel that way, just going on my several experiences with a third-tier fest (Chicago), but I get it. To say though that a prize that's meant to highlight a whole relatively large national industry - one as large as Germany's - can't be awarded because there's nothing good enough, that's something else altogether. That's saying oh all our movies are shit now, and is that a message you want to put out there? Kind of agree with monk-time in that instance.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

But should that make us upgrade the silver award nominees/winners essentially to gold rank? We don't know the criteria. We're not the jury. We can't play GOD in this.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Torgo wrote: Yesterday, 6:39 pm But should that make us upgrade the silver award nominees/winners essentially to gold rank? We don't know the criteria. We're not the jury. We can't play GOD in this.
This wouldn't be my preference. But if someone wants to make the argument and we're willing to then entertain expanding it to other awards/prizes that have a second place or tier - if we want to open that Pandora's Can o' Worms - I'm not going to fight tooth and jowl. We recognize the top prize as being official-worthy. That's good enough for me.
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

Torgo wrote: Yesterday, 6:39 pm But should that make us upgrade the silver award nominees/winners essentially to gold rank? We don't know the criteria. We're not the jury. We can't play GOD in this.
I'd say no, personally, but not knowing enough about the awards jury and their criteria, that's just a gut feeling.
monk-time

Post by monk-time »

Torgo wrote: Yesterday, 3:46 pm :lol: I was wondering that myself yesterday. It's a BOLD thing to do for a festival, right? Sorry, tonight, NO ONE will go home as a winner, your films suck. :D
I know, right? Imagine being in contention for the award and hearing THAT. I'd rather lose to the worst film.

And that happened multiple times. Throughout DECADES. We're not just talking assholes, those are some stone-cold golden throne full-length veteran GI tracts here.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Traveller wrote: Yesterday, 9:44 am See the below text in spoilers for the complete list of winners. All taken from the list mentioned in my earlier post and linked later by Torgo. The entries marked in red seem to be the problem; all others should be fine imo.

1962 - Das Brot der frühen Jahre received the main award Filmband in Gold but it specifically says it's for second price as first price wasn't awarded that year.
1963 - Both films mentioned in the main category only received Filmband in Silber.
1970-1976 - During this time Bester programmfüllender Spielfilm was apparently split into two categories, Gestaltung and Herstellung, with the latter being considered "best film" going by the films chosen in wikipedia.
1971 - Based on that, Lenz would have to be added.
1972 - Based on that, Ludwig Requiem für einen jungfräulichen König would have to be added.
1973 - Die Sachverständigen is mentioned as the best film but only received the Filmband in Silber.
1975 - Lina Braake is mentioned as the best film but only received the Filmband in Silber.
1981 - All four films below received the Filmband in Silber with no mention of one being considered the best one (I assume they were the nominees?). Jede Menge Kohle also won the price for cinematography, maybe that's why it's in the list?
1987 - All three films below also received only the Filmband in Silber but not the main award. Looks like all three nominees were thus added to the list.
1993 - All three films below also received only the Filmband in Silber but not the main award. Looks like all three nominees were thus added to the list.

Quoting from wikipedia regarding the main award (Filmband in Gold), if the silver reward should be considered as the winner that year, "As the constitution said the prize was only awarded, if outstanding achievement was given, not every year a film was declared the winner of the prize." as well as "Regular prize winners receive a Film Award in Gold whereas the runners-up receive a silver award."
Spoiler
Main award: „Goldener Leuchter“
1951 - Das doppelte Lottchen - Goldener Leuchter
1952 - none
1953 - Nachts auf den Straßen - Goldener Leuchter
Main award: „Goldene Schale“
1954 - Weg ohne Umkehr - Goldene Schale
1955 - Canaris - Goldene Schale
1956 - none
1957 - Der Hauptmann von Köpenick - Goldene Schale
1958 - Nachts, wenn der Teufel kam - Goldene Schale
1959 - Helden - Goldene Schale
1960 - Die Brücke - Goldene Schale
Main award: „Filmband in Gold“ without „Goldene Schale“ being discontinued yet
1961 - none
1962 - Das Brot der frühen Jahre - Filmband in Gold but rewarded only for second price (first price not rewarded that year)
1963 - Die endlose Nacht / Das Feuerschiff - Filmband in Silber
1964 - Kennwort: Reiher - Filmband in Gold
1965 - Das Haus in der Karpfengasse - Filmband in Gold
1966 - Der junge Törless - Filmband in Gold
1967 - Abschied von gestern - Filmband in Gold
1968 - Tätowierung - Filmband in Gold
1969 - Die Artisten in der Zirkuskuppel: ratlos - Filmband in Gold
Main award category now called Beste abendfüllende Spielfilme (Herstellung) in contrast to Beste abendfüllende Spielfilme (Gestaltung) also rewarded from now on (going by the winners chosen at the wikipedia sites)
1970 - Katzelmacher / Malatesta - Filmband in Gold
1971 - Erste Liebe / Lenz - Filmband in Gold
1972 - Ludwig Requiem für einen jungfräulichen König / Trotta - Filmband in Gold
1973 - Die Sachverständigen - Filmband in Silber
1974 - Der Fußgänger - „Goldene Schale“
1975 - Lina Braake - Filmband in Silber
1976 - Es herrscht Ruhe im Land - „Goldene Schale“
Main award category is now called Bester programmfüllender Spielfilm
1977 - Heinrich - „Goldene Schale“
1978 - Die gläserne Zelle - Filmband in Gold
1979 - Die Blechtrommel - „Goldene Schale“ (last time awarded)
1980 - Die letzten Jahre der Kindheit - Filmband in Gold
1981 - Jede Menge Kohle / Looping / Der Mond ist nur a nackerte Kugel / Nick´s Film Lightning over Water - Filmband in Silber
1982 - Die bleierne Zeit - Filmband in Gold
1983 - Der Stand der Dinge - Filmband in Gold
1984 - Wo die grünen Ameisen träumen - Filmband in Gold
1985 - Oberst Redl - Filmband in Gold
1986 - Rosa Luxemburg - Filmband in Gold
1987 - Das Schweigen des Dichters / Francesca / Der Name der Rose - Filmband in Silber
1988 - Der Himmel über Berlin - Filmband in Gold
1989 - Yasemin - Filmband in Gold
Main award category now called Bester Film
1990 - Letzte Ausfahrt Brooklyn - Filmband in Gold
1991 - Malina - Filmband in Gold
1992 - Schtonk - Filmband in Gold
1993 - Kleine Haie / Der olympische Sommer / Wir können auch anders - Filmband in Silber
1994 - Kaspar Hauser - Filmband in Gold
1995 - Der bewegte Mann - Filmband in Gold
1996 - Der Totmacher - Filmband in Gold
1997 - Rossini - Filmband in Gold
1998 - Comedian Harmonists - Filmband in Gold
Main award now called Lola (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
1999 - Lola rennt - LOLA in Gold
2000 - Die Unberührbare - LOLA in Gold
2001 - Die innere Sicherheit - LOLA in Gold
2002 - Nirgendwo in Afrika - LOLA in Gold
2003 - Good Bye, Lenin! - LOLA in Gold
2004 - Gegen die Wand - LOLA in Gold
2005 - Alles auf Zucker - LOLA in Gold
2006 - Das Leben der Anderen - LOLA in Gold
2007 - Vier Minuten - LOLA in Gold
2008 - Auf der anderen Seite - LOLA in Gold
2009 - John Rabe - LOLA in Gold
2010 - Das weisse Band - LOLA in Gold
2011 - Vincent will Meer - LOLA in Gold
2012 - Halt auf freier Strecke - LOLA in Gold
2013 - Oh Boy - LOLA in Gold
2014 - Die andere Heimat - LOLA in Gold
2015 - Victoria - LOLA in Gold
2016 - Der Staat gegen Fritz Bauer - LOLA in Gold
2017 - Toni Erdmann - LOLA in Gold
2018 - 3 Tage in Quiberon - LOLA in Gold
2019 - Gundermann - LOLA in Gold
2020 - Systemsprenger - LOLA in Gold
Thanks for digging deeper. Based on this my inclination is to exclude all the titles in red (i.e. the SILVER winners). If there are a few years without a winner, so be it.

And are/were the Lolas decided by a jury like the big film festivals, or by members like AMPAS and BAFTA?
🧚‍♂️🦫