Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 3 released May 19th)
Polls: South Asia (Results), Doubling the Canon (Results), 1950s (May 24th), 1966 awards (May 28th), 1935 (May 29th)
Challenges: Comedy, Western, Iberian Peninsula
Film of the Week: Unter den Brücken, June nominations (May 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A (Jun 4th)

Official lists updates

Post Reply
User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13415
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Contact:

Re: Official lists updates

#2961

Post by brokenface » May 16th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Okay yeah looks like there is a 2010 edition with yellow/orange cover, mine's paperback 2008 with black cover. Strange if so few changes, but maybe they were just missed in error in 1st ed.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31460
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2962

Post by joachimt » May 20th, 2020, 8:29 pm

FOK was just updated.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Teproc
Posts: 586
Joined: Sep 23, 2015
Contact:

#2963

Post by Teproc » May 21st, 2020, 7:42 am

Looks like the IMDB lists aren't getting updated anymore.

User avatar
erde
Posts: 256
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

#2964

Post by erde » May 21st, 2020, 10:22 am

joachimt wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 8:29 pm
FOK was just updated.
Thanks! I see that there was no freezing and reverting to an earlier version (yet, perhaps). In the absence of a Reddit update this year, I think that it's nice that this one did have one.
Image Image

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31460
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2965

Post by joachimt » May 21st, 2020, 1:29 pm

erde wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:22 am
joachimt wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 8:29 pm
FOK was just updated.
Thanks! I see that there was no freezing and reverting to an earlier version (yet, perhaps). In the absence of a Reddit update this year, I think that it's nice that this one did have one.
We discussed reverting to an older edition, but we decided to leave that idea for a while. If the userbase shrinks even more, maybe we'll open up the discussion again. The updated version is the 2019-2020-update. Originally planned for the end of 2019, but it had some delay.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3896
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#2966

Post by Onderhond » May 21st, 2020, 4:52 pm

Still a bit of a fluke though. I submitted my list but never published it one the forum, some other dude took it upon himself to do the counting (because the organizer is currently MIA) so my submission never really made it.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31460
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2967

Post by joachimt » May 21st, 2020, 5:33 pm

Onderhond wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:52 pm
Still a bit of a fluke though. I submitted my list but never published it one the forum, some other dude took it upon himself to do the counting (because the organizer is currently MIA) so my submission never really made it.
How did you submit your list then? By PM?
Which dude? Gorro?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3896
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#2968

Post by Onderhond » May 21st, 2020, 6:02 pm

Well, my list is public so the original organizer took it from there. And not sure who did the counting in the end, but it wasn't who started the poll.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31460
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2969

Post by joachimt » May 21st, 2020, 6:15 pm

If your list is public, why do you think your list wasn't counted?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3896
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#2970

Post by Onderhond » May 21st, 2020, 6:21 pm

For the same reason your list is public and probably wasn't counted unless you specifically posted it in that thread? :D

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11234
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#2971

Post by mjf314 » May 21st, 2020, 6:46 pm

Onderhond wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:52 pm
Still a bit of a fluke though. I submitted my list but never published it one the forum, some other dude took it upon himself to do the counting (because the organizer is currently MIA) so my submission never really made it.
When you say "submitted", do you mean you sent the organizer a pm, asking him to count your list?

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3896
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#2972

Post by Onderhond » May 21st, 2020, 6:46 pm

Well no, I'm on the FOK forum and had committed to joining in, but after he'd gone and added my list by himself I didn't see the point of posting in the thread. It's my own fault of course, just a bit of a bummer.
mjf314 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 6:46 pm
When you say "submitted", do you mean you sent the organizer a pm, asking him to count your list?
In short, it went like "Hey, new FOK list coming up, wanna play". I said "Sure, will enter on later", got a PM back saying "Don't worry, already added your list to the bunch".

Should've still posted it in the FOK thread to be sure of course, but forgot to do that.

User avatar
Gorro
Donator
Posts: 623
Joined: Aug 28, 2011
Contact:

#2973

Post by Gorro » May 21st, 2020, 6:50 pm

Onderhond wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 6:21 pm
For the same reason your list is public and probably wasn't counted unless you specifically posted it in that thread? :D
In the OP of the forum post it says that to submit a list you have to post in that thread. I don't see a post from you. If you arranged with the original organizer that you submitted your list via PM, then this is an unfortunate side effect of the fact that the original organizer went MIA.

Your list indeed was not counted, but according to the rules in the OP of that thread you also didn't submit a list.

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 3896
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#2974

Post by Onderhond » May 21st, 2020, 8:38 pm

Yeah. What I said above ;)

Post Reply