Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Aug 9th), Romance (Aug 28th)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Der Fan, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

iCM Forum quiz

Fergenaprido
Donator

iCM Forum quiz

Post by Fergenaprido » March 22nd, 2015, 12:44 pm

Based on this quiz, I'm clearly not a regular yet :D Pretty sure I got 5 right... and maybe all of the matches for #12.
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
iCM comment questions:

1. How many children does Vuk have? (hint: i count it) I have no clue. All I know is 'vuk' is wolf in some Slavic languages. I've never seen a Vuk on this forum.

2. boulderman would like to buy Eskiya, but which film would he NOT like to buy? I have no clue.

3. Which film did Dick Winters describe as "Very long, very expensive movie. Lots of war and betrayal. Very bad acting. Still you have to watch it."? I don't know. Ben-Hur? Intolerance?

Forum questions:

4. Which of the following films can be considered a "mafia" film? A. The Godfather B. Goodfellas C. Hababam Sinifi

5. Fill in the blank: X-Men: First Class is typical mainstream trash that Zeppo wouldn't watch in a million years.

6. Fill in the blank: iCM is run by Erik, Piet, and Marijn, also known as "The Guys".

7. Which is the bigger number, 400 or 500? Is this a trick? 400

8. Who is Joachim's alternate identity? zhangalan

9. In which film did monty give his most famous performance? (hint: his avatar is from the film) I have no clue.

10. Who tries to encourage other people to "go dark"? A. Kasparius B. ArthurYanthar C. monty D. Darth Vader

11. The main character of It's a Wonderful Life likes to listen to music, but who is his favorite musician of all time? I have no clue.

12. Match each person with a type of film or iCM list (based on how much they've watched). Use each option once, and try to maximize the number of good matches.

Angel Glez -- Doubling the Canon
Armoreska -- Russian films
joachimt -- UNESCO
Kasparius -- western
mightysparks -- horror
mjf314 -- anime
monty -- samurai
themagician -- Japanese films
WalterNeff -- noir

13. Who's the world's leading expert on fucked-up cinema? (hint: he's an uncle) Does fucked-up = experimental? Perception? Dolwphin?

14. From the first page of this list of forum members, who has the most checks (including both official and unofficial)? I think it's Armoreska because he checks tv shows and such. If it's movies only, I guess Allison.

zhangalan

Post by zhangalan » March 22nd, 2015, 2:40 pm

joachimt on Mar 22 2015, 03:43:50 AM wrote:What about another alter ego:

"Which director is Arthur's alter ego?"
Regarding alter ego, people should check mjf's DTC nomination, A Chinese Odyssey. The character of Athena Chu, fairy of purple mist/fairy of green mist, is of one body but two spirits. She is purple mist at daytime but switches to green mist at night.

Are there experimental film director called Arthur? :o
Last edited by zhangalan on March 22nd, 2015, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » March 22nd, 2015, 3:20 pm

"What was Hitler angry about in Der Untergang?
1. The decrease in quality of ICM forum's favorite movies list.
2. He saw a cat being killed in a movie.
3. Allison and Monty passing him in the ICM-rankings."
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff » March 22nd, 2015, 3:58 pm

joachimt on Mar 22 2015, 09:20:33 AM wrote:"What was Hitler angry about in Der Untergang?
:thumbsup:

I got two right, I think
What was Hitler angry about in Der Untergang?

12. Match each person with a type of film or iCM list (based on how much they've watched). Use each option once, and try to maximize the number of good matches.

WalterNeff -- noir
Last edited by WalterNeff on March 22nd, 2015, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » March 22nd, 2015, 4:42 pm

WalterNeff on Mar 22 2015, 09:58:15 AM wrote:
joachimt on Mar 22 2015, 09:20:33 AM wrote:"What was Hitler angry about in Der Untergang?

I got two right, I think

WalterNeff -- noir
Although you made it, I disagree with you. I just rewatched it and clearly the reason for his anger is the overal decrease in quality of our favorite movies list. Lots of other things are points on the side like the order of the Trois Couleurs trilogy, the lack of Godard in the list, his fall as king of ICM, etc... The remark about the cat was just an assumption of one of the supporting roles.
ICM-profile

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » March 22nd, 2015, 5:52 pm

iCM comment questions:

1. How many children does Vuk have? (hint: i count it)
314?

2. boulderman would like to buy Eskiya, but which film would he NOT like to buy?
No idea

3. Which film did Dick Winters describe as "Very long, very expensive movie. Lots of war and betrayel. Very bad acting. Still you have to watch it."?
Wild guess: Lawrence of Arabia

Forum questions:

4. Which of the following films can be considered a "mafia" film? A. The Godfather B. Goodfellas C. Hababam Sinifi
C

5. Fill in the blank: X-Men: First Class is typical _____ _____ that Zeppo wouldn't watch in a million years.
mainstream trash

6. Fill in the blank: iCM is run by Erik, Piet, and Marijn, also known as "The _____".
Guys

7. Which is the bigger number, 400 or 500?

8. Who is Joachim's alternate identity?
Me?

9. In which film did monty give his most famous performance? (hint: his avatar is from the film)
monty's mom lil' **** movie?

10. Who tries to encourage other people to "go dark"? A. Kasparius B. ArthurYanthar C. monty D. Darth Vader
C

11. The main character of It's a Wonderful Life likes to listen to music, but who is his favorite musician of all time?
No idea

Angel Glez, Armoreska, joachimt, Kasparius, mightysparks, mjf314, monty, themagician, WalterNeff
anime films, Doubling the Canon, horror, Japanese films, noir, Russian films, samurai films, UNESCO, westerns
Angel Glez - Doubling the Canon
Armoreska - Russian films
joachimt - UNESCO
Kasparius - westerns
mightysparks - horror
mjf314 - Japanese films
monty - samurai films
themagician - anime films
WalterNeff - noir

13. Who's the world's leading expert on fucked-up cinema? (hint: he's an uncle)
No idea

14. From the first page of this list of forum members, who has the most checks (including both official and unofficial)?
Wild guess: Gonzo
Last edited by Lammetje on March 22nd, 2015, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff » March 22nd, 2015, 6:41 pm

joachimt on Mar 22 2015, 10:42:06 AM wrote:
WalterNeff on Mar 22 2015, 09:58:15 AM wrote:

I got two right, I think

WalterNeff -- noir
Although you made it, I disagree with you. I just rewatched it and clearly the reason for his anger is the overal decrease in quality of our favorite movies list. Lots of other things are points on the side like the order of the Trois Couleurs trilogy, the lack of Godard in the list, his fall as king of ICM, etc... The remark about the cat was just an assumption of one of the supporting roles.
That was just a ruse on my part to get people to watch it again. :whistling: :whistling:

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » March 22nd, 2015, 7:10 pm

I had no idea Joachim had an alter ego :mw_confused:

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » March 22nd, 2015, 7:16 pm

AdamH on Mar 22 2015, 01:10:24 PM wrote:I had no idea Joachim had an alter ego :mw_confused:
I guess you haven't been following the World Cup?

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » March 22nd, 2015, 7:17 pm

AdamH on Mar 22 2015, 01:10:24 PM wrote:I had no idea Joachim had an alter ego :mw_confused:
I'm surprised so many people are clueless about this; I thought it was fairly obvious and is one of the few answers I knew right away! I think this running joke has been brought up in every World Cup match thus far, no?

Admittedly, I forget who the third alter ego was.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » March 22nd, 2015, 7:17 pm

mjf314 on Mar 22 2015, 01:16:25 PM wrote:
I guess you haven't been following the World Cup?
Yeah, I've not really followed it.

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » March 22nd, 2015, 7:45 pm

That's because his alter-ego ... is you. It was you all along. :o
--brought to you by M. Night Shyamalan

kingink

Post by kingink » March 22nd, 2015, 7:50 pm

Yeah! I'm a regular! There were only two questions that I couldn't answer. # 2 and # 3.

And how can you not know about Joachim's alter ego? It has got to the point that the only thing that saves those two from becoming a police report about stalking or something even weirder, is the distance between them :lol: :P

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » March 22nd, 2015, 8:17 pm

zhangalan on Mar 22 2015, 08:40:08 AM wrote:Are there experimental film director called Arthur? :o
I physically look similar to 2 well praised directors. One gross hint, people here won't get off my back sometimes that I exposed a little too much in one of my 2 alter-ego's films.

This does seem to be a forum meme thread which I guess is cool.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

drbop

Post by drbop » March 22nd, 2015, 8:18 pm

So where's the comment regarding Vuk's children?

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 22nd, 2015, 8:21 pm

drbop on Mar 22 2015, 02:18:20 PM wrote:So where's the comment regarding Vuk's children?
no cheating! yeah, I'm lookin' at you!Show
it's in the comments section on the icm page for a children's animated film about a fox called Vuk

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » March 22nd, 2015, 9:08 pm

mjf314 on Mar 21 2015, 08:55:19 PM wrote:12. Match each person with a type of film or iCM list (based on how much they've watched). Use each option once, and try to maximize the number of good matches.
Angel Glez, Armoreska, joachimt, Kasparius, mightysparks, mjf314, monty, themagician, WalterNeff
anime films, Doubling the Canon, horror, Japanese films, noir, Russian films, samurai films, UNESCO, westerns
So, who his this man who has seen more Japanese films than I have? :)

drbop

Post by drbop » March 22nd, 2015, 9:11 pm

funkybusiness on Mar 22 2015, 02:21:38 PM wrote:
drbop on Mar 22 2015, 02:18:20 PM wrote:So where's the comment regarding Vuk's children?
no cheating! yeah, I'm lookin' at you!Show
it's in the comments section on the icm page for a children's animated film about a fox called Vuk
Should of thought of looking for a movie called Vuk. Instead I looked at Vuk's profile, who has not made any comments.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » March 22nd, 2015, 9:41 pm

Onderhond on Mar 22 2015, 03:08:39 PM wrote:
mjf314 on Mar 21 2015, 08:55:19 PM wrote:12. Match each person with a type of film or iCM list (based on how much they've watched). Use each option once, and try to maximize the number of good matches.
So, who his this man who has seen more Japanese films than I have? :)
Maybe he hasn't seen more Japanese films than you, but themagician has watched more Japanese films than anyone else who I included, so that was the best possible match. I don't know how many he's seen in total, but he's seen 273 from the pre-1960 list, 154 from the Kinema Junpo list, and 305 from the Junpo annual list.
Last edited by mjf314 on March 22nd, 2015, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » March 22nd, 2015, 10:08 pm

Haha, I've seen 15 from the pre-1960 list. Some impressive numbers indeed.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » March 22nd, 2015, 10:28 pm

Onderhond on Mar 22 2015, 04:08:25 PM wrote:Haha, I've seen 15 from the pre-1960 list. Some impressive numbers indeed.
I just made a list of the top 5000 Most Voted (on IMDb) Japanese-Language Feature Films With Country of Origin Japan. You've seen 889. themagician has seen 714. St. Gloede has seen 569. I've seen 371.

I've also seen some feature-length TV movies and videos, as well as a few hundred shorts, but I'm too lazy to check those numbers for everyone.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » March 22nd, 2015, 10:46 pm

I've seen +/- 1015 Japanese films in total :)

monty

Post by monty » March 22nd, 2015, 10:52 pm

And that concludes this evening's e-penis discussion.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » March 22nd, 2015, 10:55 pm

Japanese people have small penises, have a little respect.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » March 22nd, 2015, 11:54 pm

By what emoticon is the line "at least it's going in the right direction" typically followed?

A. :) B. :happy: C. :whistling: D. :thumbsup:

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » March 23rd, 2015, 12:00 am

Lammetje on Mar 22 2015, 05:54:51 PM wrote:By what emoticon is the line "at least it's going in the right direction" typically followed?

:lol:

How often should a forum conduct polls and challenges?

A. Once a year. B. Semiannually. C. One per month. D. Nonstop, and they should overlap and run concurrently, eventually forming a swirling vortex pattern capable of lifting small houses.
Last edited by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on March 23rd, 2015, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » March 23rd, 2015, 1:47 am

Lammetje on Mar 22 2015, 05:54:51 PM wrote:By what emoticon is the line "at least it's going in the right direction" typically followed?

Good question. I added it to the quiz.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » March 23rd, 2015, 2:37 am

mjf314 on Mar 22 2015, 07:47:18 PM wrote:

Good question. I added it to the quiz.
Cool!

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » March 23rd, 2015, 1:24 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Mar 22 2015, 06:00:04 PM wrote:

:lol:

How often should a forum conduct polls and challenges?

A. Once a year. B. Semiannually. C. One per month. D. Nonstop, and they should overlap and run concurrently, eventually forming a swirling vortex pattern capable of lifting small houses.
You forgot option E: Dunno, let's have a poll.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » March 23rd, 2015, 4:59 pm

What is this?

A. A large feline (family Felidae, subfamily Felinae) inhabiting most of Africa and parts of Iran
B. Someone who checks movies without seeing them
C. Someone who watches a lot of shorts just to climb fast in the rankings
Last edited by joachimt on March 23rd, 2015, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ICM-profile

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » March 23rd, 2015, 5:27 pm

A lazy horse?

drbop

Post by drbop » March 23rd, 2015, 9:11 pm

...All of the above?!

WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff » March 23rd, 2015, 9:58 pm

Which one is Amos Vogel?

1. Handsome guy on the left
2. Framed guy on the right

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » March 23rd, 2015, 10:07 pm

Got 2 ideas.

Something involving a certain family member of monty.

And which movie is a good movie, but doesn't have a good character, since he looked like gay to me
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » March 23rd, 2015, 10:10 pm

ArthurYanthar on Mar 23 2015, 04:07:04 PM wrote:And which movie is a good movie, but doesn't have a good character, since he looked like gay to me
"Looked like gay to me" was one of my favorites! But I can't remember what that was about...

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » March 23rd, 2015, 10:16 pm

One more, in what language should you watch the movie Das Leben der Anderen [The Lives of Others]? Hint: Of course not in German

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » March 23rd, 2015, 11:12 pm

ArthurYanthar on Mar 23 2015, 04:16:08 PM wrote:One more, in what language should you watch the movie Das Leben der Anderen [The Lives of Others]? Hint: Of course not in German
I think I know that one:
Spanish?

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » March 24th, 2015, 11:31 am

Lammetje on Mar 23 2015, 05:12:35 PM wrote:
ArthurYanthar on Mar 23 2015, 04:16:08 PM wrote:One more, in what language should you watch the movie Das Leben der Anderen [The Lives of Others]? Hint: Of course not in German
I think I know that one:
Spanish?

Thought of another. This is a photo of which icm user:

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 17th, 2020, 12:55 am

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
March 24th, 2015, 11:31 am
Lammetje on Mar 23 2015, 05:12:35 PM wrote:
I think I know that one:
Spanish?

Thought of another. This is a photo of which icm user:

Lim!

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » July 17th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Another great bump. Glad the question got answered after five years. Time for a second iCM quiz? Great thread btw.