Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Aug 9th), Romance (Aug 28th)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Sibiriada, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2G: Russia vs Portugal (Aug 6th), Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

iCM Forum quiz

mjf314

Re: iCM Forum quiz

Post by mjf314 » July 17th, 2020, 4:53 pm

AdamH wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 3:54 pm
Another great bump. Glad the question got answered after five years. Time for a second iCM quiz? Great thread btw.
Maybe I'll consider a second quiz, but it's hard to think of more questions, so I might need some help.

Does anyone want to suggest a question? Or remind me of an iCM Forum joke, so I can turn the joke into a question?

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » July 17th, 2020, 5:00 pm

Fox hunting iCM comment in-joke.
Name of iCM forum podcast
Name of old forum software we used before phpBB
Which two (or three) shorts in 500<400 have generated the most controversy (or shorts previously in the list)?
Who created the iCM Downfall video?
When did the IMDb messageboards close?
How old was George Bailey when he completed the Top 250?

There will be far more related to challenges, World Cup etc. but I haven't paid enough attention to those threads over the years.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 17th, 2020, 5:22 pm

AdamH wrote:
Another great bump. Glad the question got answered after five years.
I think the answer is wrong though.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 17th, 2020, 5:29 pm

AdamH wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 5:00 pm
Which two (or three) shorts in 500<400 have generated the most controversy (or shorts previously in the list)?
I think this question should be rephrased as ‘which are the best shorts that ever made it onto the 500<400 list but left many too stunned to accept their awesomeness’

Pre-forum knowledge: which film was described as ‘typical mainstream trash. I‘ll never watch it in a million years’
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » July 17th, 2020, 6:10 pm

joachimt wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 5:22 pm
AdamH wrote:
Another great bump. Glad the question got answered after five years.
I think the answer is wrong though.
That's true. Lim posted the photo but it wasn't supposed to be of him.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 17th, 2020, 8:28 pm

mightysparks wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 5:29 pm
AdamH wrote:
I think this question should be rephrased as ‘which are the best shorts that ever made it onto the 500<400 list but left many too stunned to accept their awesomeness’
:lol:
mightysparks wrote:
Pre-forum knowledge: which film was described as ‘typical mainstream trash. I‘ll never watch it in a million years’
See question #5 in the OP. :geek:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 17th, 2020, 11:55 pm

Lammetje wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 8:28 pm
mightysparks wrote:
AdamH wrote:
:lol:
mightysparks wrote:
See question #5 in the OP. :geek:
Woops, been too long since this thread began :P
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 18th, 2020, 10:01 am

More ideas for the quiz:

Whose ass hurt for a while after getting repeatedly ****ed by a 14-year-old?
Who was mortally wounded after a sword was plunged into his chest?
Who owns 14,000 road maps?

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » July 18th, 2020, 10:03 am

Lammetje wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 10:01 am
More ideas for the quiz:

I love that people who weren't even involved in that saga know this stuff so well tehe

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 18th, 2020, 10:07 am

AdamH wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 10:03 am
Lammetje wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 10:01 am
More ideas for the quiz:

I love that people who weren't even involved in that saga know this stuff so well tehe
Well to be fair, I wouldn't have remembered this without digging up a few old posts. I was actually looking for something about a fireplace with trophies, but couldn't find it.