Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: The Great White Silence, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Who's the ultimate iCM user?

Knaldskalle

Who's the ultimate iCM user?

Post by Knaldskalle » August 27th, 2014, 4:05 am

funkybusiness on Aug 26 2014, 08:38:27 PM wrote:
hiimstacey on Aug 26 2014, 05:50:40 PM wrote:Can I have my point back now?
Yes but do you really want it back at this point? Who knows where it's been.
Funky has a point. Question is, was it yours?
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

albajos

Post by albajos » June 8th, 2016, 8:28 pm

14 points. Thankfully no subtractions :)

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » June 8th, 2016, 9:20 pm

Armoreska on Aug 20 2014, 03:52:34 AM wrote:19!
thanks for subtractions :folded:

2 questions:
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
what's Boulderman's rating, not a 10? and who deleted the board?
Did a recount and got 24 now (with 1 substraction) :whistling:

Subbin a movie should yield 5 points :P
Last edited by Armoreska on June 8th, 2016, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » June 8th, 2016, 9:41 pm

If I counted correctly, 19.
iCM

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ (Matthew 25:37-40)

connordenney
Donator

Post by connordenney » June 22nd, 2016, 8:14 pm

Leopardi
Donator

Post by Leopardi » July 14th, 2019, 9:41 pm

Leopardi wrote:
August 20th, 2014, 2:16 am
Only 16 points for me. I'm guessing there are some here that will be able to top 30!
Points --> Answer --> QuestionShow
1 Yep Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of iCM.

0 Dec. 2011 Give yourself 1 point if you joined iCM in 2009 or earlier.

1 24th Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 10000 on iCM. If your checks are private, then just check where you would be ranked if they were public.

1 24th Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 1000 on iCM.

1 24th Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 100 on iCM.

0 0/21 on FESPACO Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 1 check on every official list.

1 1940s Give yourself 1 point if you've seen every available film on at least 1 official list, not counting the Best Cartoons Ever list.

0 Nothing I can think of Subtract 1 point if you have at least 1 check (film or TV series) that you haven't seen entirely (if you've seen everything available and it's at least 5% of the whole thing, then you don't have to subtract the point).

0 Nope Subtract 1 point if you uncheck films when they become unofficial.

0 Nope Give yourself 1 point if you have an "About me" or a "Favorite quote" on your profile.

1 457 favourites Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited at least 10 films on iCM.

0 None Give yourself 1 point if you've disliked at least 10 films on iCM.

0 Don't have one Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 films on your iCM watchlist.

0 Favourited only 4 lists Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited or watchlisted at least 10 lists on iCM.

0 Still working on two lists, neither is public Give yourself 1 point if one of your personal lists has at least 5 favorites. You have to be the original creator of the list. It can't be a list from some other source.

0 Nope Give yourself 1 point if at least 1 list that you've added to iCM has been adopted. If you added it to IMDb and someone added it to iCM for you, then you still get the point.

1 31 friends Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 friends on iCM.

0 No comments Give yourself 1 point if you've written at least 10 comments on iCM.

0 Won't even try! Give yourself 1 point if you can name the 9 tabs on the progress page.

0 Couldn't remember Give yourself 1 point if you know boulderman's rating (out of 10) for Eskiya. (hint: it's the best movie he's seen since using iCM)

0 Nope Give yourself 1 point if you've ever contacted the Guys through the contact form on iCM.

0 Not that I know of Give yourself 1 point if you are one of the Guys.

1 Homepage! Give yourself 1 point if you've bookmarked iCM in your browser, or if iCM is your homepage.

0 Nope Give yourself 1 point if you've installed the iCheckMovies Enhanced script.

0 Nope Give yourself 1 point if you created the iCheckMovies Enhanced script.

0 Nope Give yourself 1 point if you use a script or bookmarklet to go directly from an IMDb entry to an iCM entry.

0 Nope Give yourself 1 point if you've ever been a beta tester for iCM.

1 Yes Give yourself 1 point if you've ever ever had a paid account on iCM.

1 Technically for La fée sanguinaire, but request was filled before I could post them Give yourself 1 point if you've ever subtitled a film that's an official check (including shorts). If you did either the translation or the timing then it counts.

1 Several Give yourself 1 point if you've ever told someone who you know in real life about iCM.

0 Nah Give yourself 1 point if you've connected your iCM account with either Facebook or Twitter.

0 Not sure? Give yourself 1 point if you've watched at least 1 video on the iCM Youtube channel.

0 No Give yourself 1 point if you've posted at least 1 comment on the iCM Trello board.

1 Yes! Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of the Unofficial iCM Forum.

1 Yes! Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of the Unofficial iCM Facebook group.

0 No Subtract 1 point if you've ever been banned from iCM, the forum, or the Facebook group (the current group, not the old one).

0 No Subtract 1 point if you've ever created an alternate account on iCM, the forum, or the Facebook group for the purpose of hiding your identity.

0 No Subtract 1 point if you spend more time on Letterboxd than on iCM.

0 No Subtract 5 points if you've ever deleted an iCM Facebook group that had more than 400 members.

1 Yes Give yourself 1 point if you've posted in every section of the iCM forum (that you have access to).

1 Yes Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 polls on the iCM forum.

0 Only horror so far Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 challenges on the iCM forum.

0 No Give yourself 1 point if you've ever run a challenge or poll on the iCM forum.

0 No Give yourself 1 point if you've ever made a video about iCM.

0 Don't think so Give yourself 1 point if you've talked to at least 1 iCM member through instant messaging (e.g. Skype, AIM, or Facebook chat). It must be someone who you met through iCM or the forum (i.e. not someone who you already knew from somewhere else).

1 NYC 2014! Give yourself 1 point if you've ever attended an iCM forum meet. There must have been at least 1 person at the meet who you met through iCM or the forum.
Five years later and I still can't crack 20 points, but I'm up to 19 now. 2019 updates in green:
Points --> Answer --> QuestionShow
Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of iCM.
1 Yep

Give yourself 1 point if you joined iCM in 2009 or earlier.
0 Dec. 2011

Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 10000 on iCM. If your checks are private, then just check where you would be ranked if they were public.
1 24th
Up to 16th now

Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 1000 on iCM.
1 24th
Up to 16th now

Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 100 on iCM.
1 24th
Up to 16th now

Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 1 check on every official list.
0 0/21 on FESPACO
1 I have checks on every official list now

Give yourself 1 point if you've seen every available film on at least 1 official list, not counting the Best Cartoons Ever list.
1 1940s
19 plats right now (if you don't count the Best Cartoons Ever list)

Subtract 1 point if you have at least 1 check (film or TV series) that you haven't seen entirely (if you've seen everything available and it's at least 5% of the whole thing, then you don't have to subtract the point).
0 Nothing I can think of

Subtract 1 point if you uncheck films when they become unofficial.
0 Nope

Give yourself 1 point if you have an "About me" or a "Favorite quote" on your profile.
0 Nope
1 If my advertisement for the forum counts, yep

Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited at least 10 films on iCM.
1 457 favourites
Up to 597 now, a little more than one every two weeks since the last update

Give yourself 1 point if you've disliked at least 10 films on iCM.
0 None

Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 films on your iCM watchlist.
0 Don't have one

Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited or watchlisted at least 10 lists on iCM.
0 Favourited only 4 lists
Down to just two (both TSZDT-related, naturally

Give yourself 1 point if one of your personal lists has at least 5 favorites. You have to be the original creator of the list. It can't be a list from some other source.
0 Still working on two lists, neither is public
1 One of my two lists (Horrorshows) has been favorited 6 times

Give yourself 1 point if at least 1 list that you've added to iCM has been adopted. If you added it to IMDb and someone added it to iCM for you, then you still get the point.
0 Nope

Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 friends on iCM.
1 31 friends
I've doubled my number of friends in 5 years, up to 62 now

Give yourself 1 point if you've written at least 10 comments on iCM.
0 No comments

Give yourself 1 point if you can name the 9 tabs on the progress page.
0 Won't even try!

Give yourself 1 point if you know boulderman's rating (out of 10) for Eskiya. (hint: it's the best movie he's seen since using iCM)
0 Couldn't remember
Shoot, thought I knew it but got it wrong again!

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever contacted the Guys through the contact form on iCM.
0 Nope

Give yourself 1 point if you are one of the Guys.
0 Not that I know of

Give yourself 1 point if you've bookmarked iCM in your browser, or if iCM is your homepage.
1 Homepage!

Give yourself 1 point if you've installed the iCheckMovies Enhanced script.
0 Nope
1 I have!

Give yourself 1 point if you created the iCheckMovies Enhanced script.
0 Nope

Give yourself 1 point if you use a script or bookmarklet to go directly from an IMDb entry to an iCM entry.
0 Nope

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever been a beta tester for iCM.
0 Nope

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever ever had a paid account on iCM.
1 Yes

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever subtitled a film that's an official check (including shorts). If you did either the translation or the timing then it counts.
1 Technically for La fée sanguinaire, but request was filled before I could post them

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever told someone who you know in real life about iCM.
1 Several

Give yourself 1 point if you've connected your iCM account with either Facebook or Twitter.
0 Nah

Give yourself 1 point if you've watched at least 1 video on the iCM Youtube channel.
0 Not sure?

Give yourself 1 point if you've posted at least 1 comment on the iCM Trello board.
0 No

Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of the Unofficial iCM Forum.
1 Yes!

Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of the Unofficial iCM Facebook group.
1 Yes!

Subtract 1 point if you've ever been banned from iCM, the forum, or the Facebook group (the current group, not the old one).
0 No

Subtract 1 point if you've ever created an alternate account on iCM, the forum, or the Facebook group for the purpose of hiding your identity.
0 No

Subtract 1 point if you spend more time on Letterboxd than on iCM.
0 No

Subtract 5 points if you've ever deleted an iCM Facebook group that had more than 400 members.
0 No

Give yourself 1 point if you've posted in every section of the iCM forum
1 Yes

Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 polls on the iCM forum.
1 Yes

Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 challenges on the iCM forum.
0 Only horror so far
Sadly, I think I've still only participated in two challenges, horror and noir. This should be my objective for 2020 (if not 2019!)

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever run a challenge or poll on the iCM forum.
0 No

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever made a video about iCM.
0 No

Give yourself 1 point if you've talked to at least 1 iCM member through instant messaging (e.g. Skype, AIM, or Facebook chat). It must be someone who you met through iCM or the forum (i.e. not someone who you already knew from somewhere else).
0 Don't think so

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever attended an iCM forum meet. There must have been at least 1 person at the meet who you met through iCM or the forum.
1 NYC 2014!

I'm definitely not a contender for Ultimate ICM user, nowhere close - who would claim that prize today?

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 15th, 2019, 8:40 am

joachimt wrote:
August 20th, 2014, 8:19 am
25 points
I really thought I would do better. :(

Ah well, maybe I'm not the ultimate user, but I'm doing alright, I guess.
I'm at 30 points now. :)
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

sol
Donator

Post by sol » July 15th, 2019, 8:57 am

I think I got either 18, 19 or 20 points. I need to get out some stopwatches to check whether I spend more time on iCM or Letterboxd (I refresh iCM more often and check out more individuals pages there, but I read more on Letterboxd). I also don't know for sure if I have posted in every section here, though I imagine that I must have posted in that 'Music etc' board at some point. :shrug:
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

flaiky

Post by flaiky » July 15th, 2019, 2:03 pm

15 points I think.
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff » July 15th, 2019, 2:16 pm

WalterNeff wrote:
August 20th, 2014, 4:54 am
30. I think I should get extra credit for my Hitler rant. :-)
Holding steady at 30

RBG

Post by RBG » July 15th, 2019, 3:03 pm

13. i'll never be the ultimate ICM user :/
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

rnilsson19

Post by rnilsson19 » July 15th, 2019, 3:51 pm

I didn't like Carriage to Vienna, Happy End or Muddy River so I guess I'm already out huh.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 15th, 2019, 5:46 pm

rnilsson19 wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 3:51 pm
I didn't like Carriage to Vienna, Happy End or Muddy River so I guess I'm already out huh.
You should be banned. :angry:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"