Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Who's the ultimate iCM user?

LarsC

Who's the ultimate iCM user?

Post by LarsC » August 20th, 2014, 11:34 am

Possibly plus one for this (there's no way I'm gonna bother finding out something like this):
Give yourself 1 point if you've posted in every section of the iCM forum (that you have access to).

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » August 20th, 2014, 1:19 pm

That naming the nine tabs is a sneaky one
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
I missed "All"
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

esiersdale

Post by esiersdale » August 20th, 2014, 2:50 pm

25, but looking at this list as the new goal

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » August 20th, 2014, 3:17 pm

I also got 25 points.
The tabs on progress page was close
missed institutes.
Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 10000 on iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 1000 on iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you have an "About me" or a "Favorite quote" on your profile.
Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited at least 10 films on iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you've disliked at least 10 films on iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 films on your iCM watchlist.
Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited or watchlisted at least 10 lists on iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if one of your personal lists has at least 5 favorites.
Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 friends on iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you've written at least 10 comments on iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you can name the 9 tabs on the progress page. (forgot institutes)
Give yourself 1 point if you've ever contacted the Guys through the contact form on iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you've bookmarked iCM in your browser, or if iCM is your homepage.
Give yourself 1 point if you've installed the iCheckMovies Enhanced script.
Give yourself 1 point if you use a script or bookmarklet to go directly from an IMDb entry to an iCM entry.
Give yourself 1 point if you've ever had a paid account on iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you've ever subtitled a film that's an official check (including shorts).
Give yourself 1 point if you've ever told someone who you know in real life about iCM.
Give yourself 1 point if you've posted at least 1 comment on the iCM Trello board.
Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of the Unofficial iCM Forum.
Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of the Unofficial iCM Facebook group.
Give yourself 1 point if you've posted in every section of the iCM forum (that you have access to).
Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 polls on the iCM forum.
Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 challenges on the iCM forum.
Give yourself 1 point if you've ever run a challenge or poll on the iCM forum.

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » August 20th, 2014, 3:41 pm

31 points if I counted correctly :party:

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » August 20th, 2014, 4:06 pm

SkilledLunatic on Aug 19 2014, 10:35:28 PM wrote:
mjf314 on Aug 19 2014, 10:12:21 PM wrote:
ArthurYanthar on Aug 19 2014, 10:02:42 PM wrote:At first I thought that this was going to be an actual poll or something of the best member here. If anything would destroy this forum, it would be that thread (or maybe a thread of the worst user would).
I'm not going to run a poll like that, but there's a poll like that on the Mario Kart forum. They've been running it every 2 years since 2004, and it hasn't destroyed the forum yet (occasionally it causes arguments but nothing too serious). There's a rule against negative campaigning, and voting is anonymous, so that helps to avoid most of the problems.
I feel that a poll like that here would not make sense. Mario Kart is a game with a competitive side to it. This is a film forum! The fuck would be the best member about? Watching films? SanderO takes that award. Having the most art-house attuned sensibilities? Making the biggest rants? Having the most mind boggling tastes? Watching the most obscure films? Joining the dark force?
The best forum user would be someone who is very good at substantiating his opinion (about a movie or any other matter) with solid arguments, is respectful towards other people's opinions and taste in movies, can make and take a joke, is helpful, active and makes positive contributions to the forum.
Last edited by Lonewolf2003 on August 20th, 2014, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 20th, 2014, 4:21 pm

Lonewolf2003 on Aug 20 2014, 10:06:34 AM wrote:
SkilledLunatic on Aug 19 2014, 10:35:28 PM wrote:
mjf314 on Aug 19 2014, 10:12:21 PM wrote:I'm not going to run a poll like that, but there's a poll like that on the Mario Kart forum. They've been running it every 2 years since 2004, and it hasn't destroyed the forum yet (occasionally it causes arguments but nothing too serious). There's a rule against negative campaigning, and voting is anonymous, so that helps to avoid most of the problems.
I feel that a poll like that here would not make sense. Mario Kart is a game with a competitive side to it. This is a film forum! The fuck would be the best member about? Watching films? SanderO takes that award. Having the most art-house attuned sensibilities? Making the biggest rants? Having the most mind boggling tastes? Watching the most obscure films? Joining the dark force?
The best forum user would be someone who is very good at substantiating his opinion (about a movie or any other matter) with solid arguments, is respectful towards other people's opinions and taste in movies, can make and take a joke, is helpful, active and makes positive contributions to the forum.
I agree that a poll like that makes no sense on this forum. It's only a small community and every person on here contributes something. I don't think anyone here is a 'better' forum member than anyone else. Mjf, for example, doesn't post much about how he feels towards films, but I don't think anyone would deny that he's a great contributor and poster. And all those points listed apply to 99% of the members, tbh.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » August 20th, 2014, 4:31 pm

I've got only 14 points :(
List of questionsShow
Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of iCM. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you joined iCM in 2009 or earlier. (your join date is on your profile) 1

Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 10000 on iCM. (your rank is on your profile) If your checks are private, then just check where you would be ranked if they were public. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 1000 on iCM. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 100 on iCM. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 1 check on every official list. (see the bottom of this page) 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've seen every available film on at least 1 official list, not counting the Best Cartoons Ever list. (see the top of this page) 0

Subtract 1 point if you have at least 1 check (film or TV series) that you haven't seen entirely (if you've seen everything available and it's at least 5% of the whole thing, then you don't have to subtract the point). 0

Subtract 1 point if you uncheck films when they become unofficial. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you have an "About me" or a "Favorite quote" on your profile. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited at least 10 films on iCM. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you've disliked at least 10 films on iCM. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 films on your iCM watchlist. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited or watchlisted at least 10 lists on iCM. 1

Give yourself 1 point if one of your personal lists has at least 5 favorites. You have to be the original creator of the list. It can't be a list from some other source. 0

Give yourself 1 point if at least 1 list that you've added to iCM has been adopted. If you added it to IMDb and someone added it to iCM for you, then you still get the point. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 friends on iCM. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you've written at least 10 comments on iCM. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you can name the 9 tabs on the progress page. (try to name them before you look at this page) 0

Give yourself 1 point if you know boulderman's rating (out of 10) for Eskiya. (hint: it's the best movie he's seen since using iCM) 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever contacted the Guys through the contact form on iCM. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you are one of the Guys. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've bookmarked iCM in your browser, or if iCM is your homepage. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you've installed the iCheckMovies Enhanced script. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you created the iCheckMovies Enhanced script. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you use a script or bookmarklet to go directly from an IMDb entry to an iCM entry. 0 (didn't know this was possible, will try it out immediately.)

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever been a beta tester for iCM. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever had a paid account on iCM. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever subtitled a film that's an official check (including shorts). If you did either the translation or the timing then it counts. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever told someone who you know in real life about iCM. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've connected your iCM account with either Facebook or Twitter. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've watched at least 1 video on the iCM Youtube channel. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've posted at least 1 comment on the iCM Trello board. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of the Unofficial iCM Forum. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of the Unofficial iCM Facebook group. 0

Subtract 1 point if you've ever been banned from iCM, the forum, or the Facebook group (the current group, not the old one). 0

Subtract 1 point if you've ever created an alternate account on iCM, the forum, or the Facebook group for the purpose of hiding your identity. 0

Subtract 1 point if you spend more time on Letterboxd than on iCM. 0

Subtract 5 points if you've ever deleted an iCM Facebook group that had more than 400 members. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've posted in every section of the iCM forum (that you have access to). 0 (I think, not sure)

Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 polls on the iCM forum. 1

Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 challenges on the iCM forum. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever run a challenge or poll on the iCM forum. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever made a video about iCM. 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've talked to at least 1 iCM member through instant messaging (e.g. Skype, AIM, or Facebook chat). Emails and PMs don't count. It must be someone who you met through iCM or the forum (i.e. not someone who you already knew from somewhere else). 0

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever attended an iCM forum meet. There must have been at least 1 person at the meet who you met through iCM or the forum. 1

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » August 20th, 2014, 4:36 pm

mightysparks on Aug 20 2014, 10:21:36 AM wrote:
Lonewolf2003 on Aug 20 2014, 10:06:34 AM wrote:
SkilledLunatic on Aug 19 2014, 10:35:28 PM wrote:I feel that a poll like that here would not make sense. Mario Kart is a game with a competitive side to it. This is a film forum! The fuck would be the best member about? Watching films? SanderO takes that award. Having the most art-house attuned sensibilities? Making the biggest rants? Having the most mind boggling tastes? Watching the most obscure films? Joining the dark force?
I agree that a poll like that makes no sense on this forum. It's only a small community and every person on here contributes something. I don't think anyone here is a 'better' forum member than anyone else. Mjf, for example, doesn't post much about how he feels towards films, but I don't think anyone would deny that he's a great contributor and poster. And all those points listed apply to 99% of the members, tbh.
I agree, that we have a lot of great members. This is a very nice forum, that's why it's one of my favorites. My point was more that it has more to do with how people behave on the forum than on what kind of movies they like.

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » August 20th, 2014, 4:45 pm

funkybusiness on Aug 20 2014, 02:36:45 AM wrote:
joachimt on Aug 20 2014, 02:32:41 AM wrote:Give yourself 1 point if you use a script or bookmarklet to go directly from an IMDb entry to an iCM entry.
I've tried several times, but it never worked for me. :(
Do you have greasemonkey installed first? and do you then have it 'enabled'? The imdb->icm/etc. script was the easiest one for me to setup. Literally install and go. No dibbledabblin with it at all.

also, is AIM aol instant messenger and is that really still a thing?
Does anyone have a link to how to install this? Would be so grateful.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 20th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Lonewolf2003 on Aug 20 2014, 10:36:33 AM wrote:
mightysparks on Aug 20 2014, 10:21:36 AM wrote:
Lonewolf2003 on Aug 20 2014, 10:06:34 AM wrote:The best forum user would be someone who is very good at substantiating his opinion (about a movie or any other matter) with solid arguments, is respectful towards other people's opinions and taste in movies, can make and take a joke, is helpful, active and makes positive contributions to the forum.
I agree, that we have a lot of great members. This is a very nice forum, that's why it's one of my favorites. My point was more that it has more to do with how people behave on the forum than on what kind of movies they like.
Yeah I know (and agree) but those points are kind of a generic 'what makes a good forum member' rather than the 'best' member of this specific forum, which can't really be defined. But perhaps that's a good thing because we have such a wide variety of personalities and posting styles and yet all contribute massively to the forum.

Regardless, any kind of popularity contest with members of a forum is just unnecessary (on any forum). They do similar contests on the Big Brother forum that I joined and it just seems pointless but they do it in a Big Brother style with campaigns etc and so it kind of makes sense (and they have a feckload of active members).
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » August 20th, 2014, 5:45 pm

mjf314 on Aug 19 2014, 07:36:03 PM wrote:
List of questionsShow
Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if you joined iCM in 2009 or earlier. (your join date is on your profile)

Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 10000 on iCM. (your rank is on your profile) If your checks are private, then just check where you would be ranked if they were public.

Give yourself 1 point if you're in the top 1000 on iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 1 check on every official list. (see the bottom of this page)

Give yourself 1 point if you've seen every available film on at least 1 official list, not counting the Best Cartoons Ever list. (see the top of this page)

Give yourself 1 point if you have an "About me" or a "Favorite quote" on your profile.

Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited at least 10 films on iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if you've disliked at least 10 films on iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 films on your iCM watchlist.

Give yourself 1 point if you've favorited or watchlisted at least 10 lists on iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if one of your personal lists has at least 5 favorites. You have to be the original creator of the list. It can't be a list from some other source.

Give yourself 1 point if you have at least 10 friends on iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if you've written at least 10 comments on iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if you can name the 9 tabs on the progress page. (try to name them before you look at this page)

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever contacted the Guys through the contact form on iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if you've bookmarked iCM in your browser, or if iCM is your homepage.

Give yourself 1 point if you've installed the iCheckMovies Enhanced script.

Give yourself 1 point if you use a script or bookmarklet to go directly from an IMDb entry to an iCM entry.

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever had a paid account on iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever subtitled a film that's an official check (including shorts). If you did either the translation or the timing then it counts.

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever told someone who you know in real life about iCM.

Give yourself 1 point if you've watched at least 1 video on the iCM Youtube channel.

Give yourself 1 point if you're a member of the Unofficial iCM Forum.

Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 polls on the iCM forum.

Give yourself 1 point if you've participated in at least 3 challenges on the iCM forum.

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever run a challenge or poll on the iCM forum.

Give yourself 1 point if you've ever attended an iCM forum meet. There must have been at least 1 person at the meet who you met through iCM or the forum.
Oh let's see, what's the tally? 29?
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » August 20th, 2014, 5:49 pm

mjf314 on Aug 20 2014, 12:50:36 AM wrote:Subtract 1 point if you think The Godfather is a good example of a mafia film.
:lol:
ImageImageImageImage

Jay Mars

Post by Jay Mars » August 20th, 2014, 6:03 pm

I got a respectable 21, though I doubt that brings me anywhere near the "ultimate ICM user."

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » August 20th, 2014, 6:38 pm

joachimt on wrote:Give yourself 1 point if you have an "About me" or a "Favorite quote" on your profile.
I have some text there, but it doesn't say anything about me and I don't have a favorite quote.
It doesn't have to be about you. If you have some text there then it counts.
joachimt on wrote:Give yourself 1 point if you've ever made a video about iCM.
Nope, or does "my town" count?
I haven't seen the video so I don't know, but if it's just about your town then no.
ErikSchierboom on wrote:I got 19. What to do when you have a paid account, but don't pay for it at the moment? ;) If that counts, I'm up to 20 :)
If you've paid for it at least once in the past, then it counts. If you've always had it for free, then it doesn't count.

ErikSchierboom

Post by ErikSchierboom » August 20th, 2014, 7:21 pm

mjf314 on Aug 20 2014, 12:38:04 PM wrote:If you've paid for it at least once in the past, then it counts. If you've always had it for free, then it doesn't count.
Well, I paid for it in the sense that in the early years of iCM we had to pay a monthly sum to keep the servers running. If that counts, I'll be a paid member for decades :rolleyes:
Last edited by ErikSchierboom on August 20th, 2014, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommy_leazaq
Donator

Post by tommy_leazaq » August 20th, 2014, 8:22 pm

I got 50 points.
Give yourself 50 points if you don't waste your time on going through the useless poll posted by a bored bot and watch a movie instead :P

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » August 20th, 2014, 9:07 pm

ErikSchierboom on Aug 20 2014, 01:21:58 PM wrote:
mjf314 on Aug 20 2014, 12:38:04 PM wrote:If you've paid for it at least once in the past, then it counts. If you've always had it for free, then it doesn't count.
Well, I paid for it in the sense that in the early years of iCM we had to pay a monthly sum to keep the servers running. If that counts, I'll be a paid member for decades :rolleyes:
All right, I'll let you count it, but decades from now when your credit runs out, don't forget to start paying again.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » August 20th, 2014, 9:52 pm

joachimt on wrote:Give yourself 1 point if you use a script or bookmarklet to go directly from an IMDb entry to an iCM entry.
Did you try the script or the bookmarklet? I think the bookmarklet should work in any browser, as long as you have JavaScript enabled.
joachimt on wrote:Give yourself 1 point if you've ever been a beta tester for iCM.
I would if they'd ask me.
There was a blog post about it, but it was before you joined. If you wanted to be the ultimate iCM user, you should've thought twice before waiting until 2012 to join.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 20th, 2014, 9:59 pm

mjf314 on Aug 20 2014, 03:52:40 PM wrote:
joachimt on wrote:Give yourself 1 point if you use a script or bookmarklet to go directly from an IMDb entry to an iCM entry.
Did you try the script or the bookmarklet? I think the bookmarklet should work in any browser, as long as you have JavaScript enabled.
joachimt on wrote:Give yourself 1 point if you've ever been a beta tester for iCM.
I would if they'd ask me.
There was a blog post about it, but it was before you joined. If you wanted to be the ultimate iCM user, you should've thought twice before waiting until 2012 to join.
I think I tried a script. Can you link me to a bookmarklet (and explain how it works)?

I didn't wait to 2012, I was just hopelessly lost on the internet, wandering around alone, searching for all you great people. Why didn't you go searching for me. :'(
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » August 20th, 2014, 10:07 pm

joachimt on Aug 20 2014, 03:59:21 PM wrote:I think I tried a script. Can you link me to a bookmarklet (and explain how it works)?
Create a bookmark, and use the line below for the location / URL / whatever it's called in your browser.

javascript:(function(){window.open('http://www.icheckmovies.com/search/movi ... ,9),'_self');})()

Then visit any IMDb movie page and click the bookmark, and it'll take you to the iCM page.

Noirville

Post by Noirville » August 20th, 2014, 10:10 pm

A whole seven points!

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 20th, 2014, 10:28 pm

mjf314 on Aug 20 2014, 04:07:28 PM wrote:
joachimt on Aug 20 2014, 03:59:21 PM wrote:I think I tried a script. Can you link me to a bookmarklet (and explain how it works)?
Create a bookmark, and use the line below for the location / URL / whatever it's called in your browser.

javascript:(function(){window.open('http://www.icheckmovies.com/search/movi ... ,9),'_self');})()

Then visit any IMDb movie page and click the bookmark, and it'll take you to the iCM page.
Thanks, this works. :)
ICM-profile

ErikSchierboom

Post by ErikSchierboom » August 21st, 2014, 7:27 am

mjf314 on Aug 20 2014, 03:07:28 PM wrote:All right, I'll let you count it, but decades from now when your credit runs out, don't forget to start paying again.
Great! That puts me at 20. Too bad I never posted in the Challenges section :(

tirefeet

Post by tirefeet » August 26th, 2014, 4:23 pm

I didn't check the whole list but maybe there should be a question like "Can you spell Local Hero's full username without looking?".

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 26th, 2014, 4:45 pm

tirefeet on Aug 26 2014, 10:23:12 AM wrote:I didn't check the whole list but maybe there should be a question like "Can you spell Local Hero's full username without looking?".
I think Local is the only one who can do that.
ICM-profile

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » August 26th, 2014, 5:15 pm

joachimt on Aug 26 2014, 10:45:29 AM wrote:
tirefeet on Aug 26 2014, 10:23:12 AM wrote:I didn't check the whole list but maybe there should be a question like "Can you spell Local Hero's full username without looking?".
Ahem, I was once Slavic cataloger at a university library.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

HVM

Post by HVM » August 26th, 2014, 5:18 pm

3eyes on Aug 26 2014, 11:15:23 AM wrote:
joachimt on Aug 26 2014, 10:45:29 AM wrote:
Did it prepare you for that missing space between Mestnyi and Geroi? :P
1918 - 100 - 2018

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 26th, 2014, 6:34 pm

HVM on Aug 26 2014, 11:18:22 AM wrote:
3eyes on Aug 26 2014, 11:15:23 AM wrote:
joachimt on Aug 26 2014, 10:45:29 AM wrote: :lol:
Did it prepare you for that missing space between Mestnyi and Geroi? :P
And don't forget the double -- instead of a single -.
ICM-profile

HVM

Post by HVM » August 26th, 2014, 6:40 pm

That I believe is correct.
1918 - 100 - 2018

hiimstacey

Post by hiimstacey » August 26th, 2014, 7:25 pm

A very proud 7 :guns:

My iCM watchlists have never worked though (I've definitely added films and lists but can never see them). Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Limedebois

Post by Limedebois » August 26th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Give you 6 points. You missed this part "Subtract 1 point if you're blond."

www.icheckmovies.com/movies/watchlist/

Doesn't work? If not, I'll give you mine.
(Otherwise, I think it's pure discrimination to subtract one point when we're blond. I like blond.)

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 26th, 2014, 8:21 pm

and another point for every 5000 titles you checked manually :P
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

tirefeet

Post by tirefeet » August 26th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Some other questions regarding Lim's banishment would be fine as well.

What were the events that lead to Lim's departure in April 2013? What was Alf's role during the whole mess?

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » August 26th, 2014, 8:53 pm

tirefeet on Aug 26 2014, 02:34:25 PM wrote:Some other questions regarding Lim's banishment would be fine as well.

What were the events that lead to Lim's departure in April 2013? What was Alf's role during the whole mess?
If I remember correctly, Alf got banned from iCM for eating too many cats.

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » August 26th, 2014, 9:01 pm

hiimstacey on Aug 26 2014, 01:25:12 PM wrote:A very proud 7 :guns:

My iCM watchlists have never worked though (I've definitely added films and lists but can never see them). Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
You have City Lights, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Bicycle Thieves in your watchlist as far as I can tell. You don't seem to have anything in your lists watchlist and you have Hitch's filmography in your "faves list".

iCM v. 2 is a little strange in places, so I'll see if I can explain it. There's a "movie watchlist" called "watchlist". You find that by going to Movies -> Watchlist. There's a "list watchlist" called "watchlist". You find that by going to Lists -> Watchlist.

If you add a movie to your favorites, it will show up in Movies -> Favorited. If you favorite a list it will show up in Lists -> Favorited. Same thing for dislikes.

So while there's an undeniable logic to the structure, the naming could've been better.
ImageImageImageImage

tirefeet

Post by tirefeet » August 26th, 2014, 9:56 pm

Subtract 1 point if 3rd got you worked up with his strange ways of contributing to discussions; polls especially.

Add 1 point if you can describe how Zeppo initiated the KG bonus thingy. Add another point if you can contain your laughter while recalling that thread.

Add 100 points if you can make Pain come back to iCM forum.

Limedebois

Post by Limedebois » August 26th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Never troll an Alf fan freak.

Lame is our Pain, vanishing without name;
Can you name the member -- fame of numbers?
Can't you explain, even, or hell, why the rain of Spain
Despairs to wash and drain the pain of our members?
Who's ultimate? The one you wish to be not be!
Who's ultimate? It's not him, Either me.
Oh, Dame!

Came the orders, full contenders;
And all of each sit and rate -- and manipulate.
Same surrenders when the plain saw no Pain...
Those members, on multi hate, will hitch the fate
To the doom of our faith facing their tender mate, and say:
"Can't you be our ultimate, insane! 'cause you are
Whole of our Prime!"

What's the point? Give yourself a point if you're able to write a nonsense poem.

hiimstacey

Post by hiimstacey » August 26th, 2014, 11:50 pm

Knaldskalle on wrote:You have City Lights, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Bicycle Thieves in your watchlist as far as I can tell. You don't seem to have anything in your lists watchlist and you have Hitch's filmography in your "faves list".

iCM v. 2 is a little strange in places, so I'll see if I can explain it. There's a "movie watchlist" called "watchlist". You find that by going to Movies -> Watchlist. There's a "list watchlist" called "watchlist". You find that by going to Lists -> Watchlist.

If you add a movie to your favorites, it will show up in Movies -> Favorited. If you favorite a list it will show up in Lists -> Favorited. Same thing for dislikes.

So while there's an undeniable logic to the structure, the naming could've been better.
Thanks so much! You have no idea how dumb I feel right now, but thank you thank you! :lol:
Limedebois on wrote:Give you 6 points. You missed this part "Subtract 1 point if you're blond."

www.icheckmovies.com/movies/watchlist/

Doesn't work? If not, I'll give you mine.
(Otherwise, I think it's pure discrimination to subtract one point when we're blond. I like blond.)
Very generous of you, but I did eventually manage to find it (thanks to you guys). Also, I'm not blonde, just computer illiterate apparently. Can I have my point back now?

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » August 27th, 2014, 2:38 am

hiimstacey on Aug 26 2014, 05:50:40 PM wrote:Can I have my point back now?
Yes but do you really want it back at this point? Who knows where it's been.