Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

Rankings for official checks vs. total checks

esiersdale
Posts: 498
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Contact:

#41

Post by esiersdale »

Unofficial: #1139 with 2528 total checks
Official: #679 with 1863 official checks

73% official, one of the higher spreads as its a 460 spot difference. I blame the 1001 TSBYD since it counts for almost half of my total official checks.
Clogston
Posts: 102
Joined: March 10th, 2013, 7:00 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

#42

Post by Clogston »

Official - ranked 1849 with 1289 official checks
Unofficial - ranked 2636 with 1758 total checks

Almost 3/4s official. A lot of the disparity with mine comes from the awful stuff I'd go to see or watch on cable when I was a kid or in high school (it's not like I knew better at 11 when my parents brought me to see Mighty Joe Young). Having watched almost every Godzilla movie in existence when I was 10 helped a bit also.
User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3877
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#43

Post by Ebbywebby »

When I started this thread, I stated that my gap between official checks/all checks rankings was 78. Now it's down to 61. I guess I must be marking more unofficial checks lately.
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 12850
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#44

Post by Armoreska »

Ebbywebby on Jun 4 2014, 07:04:51 PM wrote:When I started this thread, I stated that my gap between official checks/all checks rankings was 78. Now it's down to 61. I guess I must be marking more unofficial checks lately.
You could also try not counting people who've gone dark.
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 6180
Joined: December 23rd, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#45

Post by Onderhond »

Unofficial: #260 with 4940 total checks
Official: #1185 with 1592 official checks

(almost) no TV stuff (maybe 3 series in total, no episode checks). Only 32% of my checks are official checks.
User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 4094
Joined: October 4th, 2013, 6:00 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

#46

Post by Lammetje »

Official: #4754 (930 official checks)
Unofficial: #3666 (1601 total checks)

I have checked 126 TV Series, but no episodes.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
Llanirev
Posts: 5
Joined: April 29th, 2013, 6:00 am
Contact:

#47

Post by Llanirev »

Official: #844 (1809 checks)
Unofficial: #418 (4027 checks)

I guess my Official/Unofficial rate will stay below 50% until I've seen all Bugs Bunny shorts ;)
Last edited by Llanirev on June 16th, 2014, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 10663
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#48

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

How do I get my unofficial ranking?
User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7149
Joined: May 17th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#49

Post by Gershwin »

Look up your total number of checks, then browse through the profile charts sorted by #checks until you found the page that you're at.

For example, I'm on the 41th page, which is 'Showing items 1001 – 1025 of 154180', at the 11th place. That means my unofficial ranking is #1011.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 10663
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#50

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Thanks. And to 3rd as well for his pm

Official: #639 (1994 checks)
Unofficial: #546 (3598 checks)

I don't vote for tv-episodes on imdb, but I do for tv-serie. But the main difference probably is due to a lot of 2000s-2010s movies that aren't in any official lists.
User avatar
Harco
Donator
Posts: 618
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 6:00 am
Location: Groningen
Contact:

#51

Post by Harco »

Harco on Dec 28 2013, 07:50:49 AM wrote:Official: #1421 (1421 top list checks - yes, it's true);
Unofficial: #1977 (2002 total checks).
Official: #1017 (1688 top list checks);
Unofficial: #1525 (2352 total checks).

Would have expected to have penetrated the top 1000 by now. But then again, I've had some periods of little activity. World Cup isn't helping out much either.
Last edited by Harco on June 16th, 2014, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ICM: | :letbxd:
esiersdale
Posts: 498
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Contact:

#52

Post by esiersdale »

Official: #517 with 2138 Official Checks
Unofficial: #990 with 2825 Total Checks

Should drop off the Official chase once I crack the 500 barrier.
User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7149
Joined: May 17th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#53

Post by Gershwin »

I just found out that I have 10,108 unseen top list entries. Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
Last edited by Gershwin on July 16th, 2014, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM
esiersdale
Posts: 498
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Contact:

#54

Post by esiersdale »

12,463 official checks out there. Everyone has at least 5,000 left
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 10663
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#55

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Gershwin on Jul 16 2014, 10:38:29 AM wrote:I just found out that I have 10,108 unseen top list entries. Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
If you watch one of those movie every day from now on, it will take you only 27 years and 8 months to see them all. ;)

Where and how do you see it btw?
Last edited by Lonewolf2003 on July 16th, 2014, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13434
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#56

Post by Cippenham »

Gershwin on Jul 16 2014, 10:38:29 AM wrote:I just found out that I have 10,108 unseen top list entries. Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
I have at least 7291 and that is more than enough.
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:
allisoncm
Posts: 16746
Joined: May 11th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#57

Post by allisoncm »

Official #3
Unofficial #16
SanderO
Posts: 1012
Joined: May 23rd, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Haarlem, Netherlands
Contact:

#58

Post by SanderO »

esiersdale on Jul 16 2014, 10:47:48 AM wrote:12,463 official checks out there. Everyone has at least 5,000 left
Almost everyone!

Official #1
Unofficial #30
Last edited by SanderO on July 16th, 2014, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich
Posts: 4722
Joined: May 12th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#59

Post by Rich »

#4
#40
esiersdale
Posts: 498
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Contact:

#60

Post by esiersdale »

SanderO on Jul 16 2014, 01:03:44 PM wrote:
esiersdale on Jul 16 2014, 10:47:48 AM wrote:12,463 official checks out there. Everyone has at least 5,000 left
Almost everyone!

Official #1
Unofficial #30
Who has more than you? I see no one above #1 . . .
User avatar
jvv
Donator
Posts: 8698
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#61

Post by jvv »

esiersdale on Jul 16 2014, 02:05:21 PM wrote:
SanderO on Jul 16 2014, 01:03:44 PM wrote:
esiersdale on Jul 16 2014, 10:47:48 AM wrote:12,463 official checks out there. Everyone has at least 5,000 left
Almost everyone!

Official #1
Unofficial #30
Who has more than you? I see no one above #1 . . .
Sander hasn't 5000 official checks left. :D
SanderO
Posts: 1012
Joined: May 23rd, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Haarlem, Netherlands
Contact:

#62

Post by SanderO »

esiersdale on Jul 16 2014, 02:05:21 PM wrote:
SanderO on Jul 16 2014, 01:03:44 PM wrote:
esiersdale on Jul 16 2014, 10:47:48 AM wrote:12,463 official checks out there. Everyone has at least 5,000 left
Almost everyone!

Official #1
Unofficial #30
Who has more than you? I see no one above #1 . . .
12463-7549=4914
esiersdale
Posts: 498
Joined: April 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Contact:

#63

Post by esiersdale »

My spreadsheet hadn't updated for a week. Still had you at 7,415. I'm like the NSA, I track you, just not efficiently.
User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7149
Joined: May 17th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#64

Post by Gershwin »

Lonewolf2003 on Jul 16 2014, 10:47:53 AM wrote:
Gershwin on Jul 16 2014, 10:38:29 AM wrote:I just found out that I have 10,108 unseen top list entries. Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
If you watch one of those movie every day from now on, it will take you only 27 years and 8 months to see them all. ;)

Where and how do you see it btw?
I just went through the pages of unchecked films sorted by number of top list entries (putting p100, p200 etc. in the link, not by endlessly clicking"next") until I arrived at the first page with movies that aren't in any official top list. Then calculate it by last page number times 25, plus the few 1 list entries on the page that has both films that are on 1 and 0 official lists. So, I did it manually, but I guess there should be a quicker way.

Anyhow, there are 12,463 official checks, if Sander is right (I presume he is), so just subtract your official checks from that number and you've got it.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM
User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3877
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#65

Post by Ebbywebby »

Gershwin on wrote:I just went through the pages of unchecked films sorted by number of top list entries (putting p100, p200 etc. in the link, not by endlessly clicking"next") until I arrived at the first page with movies that aren't in any official top list. Then calculate it by last page number times 25, plus the few 1 list entries on the page that has both films that are on 1 and 0 official lists. So, I did it manually, but I guess there should be a quicker way.
Why would you worry about multiplying by 25 when the bottom of the page always says something like "Showing items 3676-3700"?
Last edited by Ebbywebby on July 17th, 2014, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7149
Joined: May 17th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#66

Post by Gershwin »

Ebbywebby on Jul 17 2014, 04:21:41 PM wrote:
Gershwin on wrote:I just went through the pages of unchecked films sorted by number of top list entries (putting p100, p200 etc. in the link, not by endlessly clicking"next") until I arrived at the first page with movies that aren't in any official top list. Then calculate it by last page number times 25, plus the few 1 list entries on the page that has both films that are on 1 and 0 official lists. So, I did it manually, but I guess there should be a quicker way.
Why would you worry about multiplying by 25 when the bottom of the page always says something like "Showing items 3676-3700"?
Oh, I guess that's what I did, then. Didn't take the temie to verify how I had done it.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM
User avatar
tirefeet
Posts: 1679
Joined: November 28th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#67

Post by tirefeet »

Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
I hope you don't take that approach. There are so many gems that fly under the radar which you can help become official by voting on such polls as <400 and DtC.

Brokenface has a cool list in which he compiled 100 of his unofficial favorites: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/100+ ... rokenface/
Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 13434
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#68

Post by Cippenham »

Also there must be a problem as rankings are not updating correctly.
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 10663
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#69

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Gershwin on Jul 17 2014, 07:37:41 AM wrote:
Lonewolf2003 on Jul 16 2014, 10:47:53 AM wrote:
Gershwin on Jul 16 2014, 10:38:29 AM wrote:I just found out that I have 10,108 unseen top list entries. Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
If you watch one of those movie every day from now on, it will take you only 27 years and 8 months to see them all. ;)

Where and how do you see it btw?
I just went through the pages of unchecked films sorted by number of top list entries (putting p100, p200 etc. in the link, not by endlessly clicking"next") until I arrived at the first page with movies that aren't in any official top list. Then calculate it by last page number times 25, plus the few 1 list entries on the page that has both films that are on 1 and 0 official lists. So, I did it manually, but I guess there should be a quicker way.

Anyhow, there are 12,463 official checks, if Sander is right (I presume he is), so just subtract your official checks from that number and you've got it.
Thanks. Did it the easy way: 12643-3604=8859 official checks left.
User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7149
Joined: May 17th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#70

Post by Gershwin »

I'm afraid I have to correct you. You've got 3604 official and unofficial checks, but only 2024 top list checks. Way to go. ;)
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM
User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13819
Joined: December 29th, 2011, 7:00 am
Contact:

#71

Post by brokenface »

tirefeet on Jul 19 2014, 08:16:44 PM wrote:
Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
I hope you don't take that approach. There are so many gems that fly under the radar which you can help become official by voting on such polls as <400 and DtC.

Brokenface has a cool list in which he compiled 100 of his unofficial favorites: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/100+ ... rokenface/
why thank you ^_^ that list is a couple of years old now. quite pleasing to see that nearly half of them (48/100) are now official checks
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11744
Joined: May 29th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#72

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi »

brokenface on Jul 20 2014, 01:45:27 PM wrote:
tirefeet on Jul 19 2014, 08:16:44 PM wrote:
Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
I hope you don't take that approach. There are so many gems that fly under the radar which you can help become official by voting on such polls as <400 and DtC.

Brokenface has a cool list in which he compiled 100 of his unofficial favorites: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/100+ ... rokenface/
why thank you ^_^ that list is a couple of years old now. quite pleasing to see that nearly half of them (48/100) are now official checks
Yes, I scanned the list and was amazed to see how many are now official -- some even on two, three, or four lists!
User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7149
Joined: May 17th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#73

Post by Gershwin »

tirefeet on Jul 19 2014, 08:16:44 PM wrote:
Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
I hope you don't take that approach. There are so many gems that fly under the radar which you can help become official by voting on such polls as <400 and DtC.

Brokenface has a cool list in which he compiled 100 of his unofficial favorites: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/100+ ... rokenface/
Oh, sure, I don't mind if a film isn't on an official list, but I don't feel ashamed to watch mainly official checks, because there are just so many.

Actually four of my DtC nominations that made it weren't on an official list before, so I think it's clear I don't shy away from unofficial checks. :)
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM
User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7149
Joined: May 17th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#74

Post by Gershwin »

By the way: I've only seen ten from that list, but great films, BF. :thumbsup:
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM
User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12918
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#75

Post by AdamH »

tirefeet on Jul 19 2014, 08:16:44 PM wrote:
Way to go without watching unofficial films, I'd say.
I hope you don't take that approach. There are so many gems that fly under the radar which you can help become official by voting on such polls as <400 and DtC.

Brokenface has a cool list in which he compiled 100 of his unofficial favorites: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/100+ ... rokenface/
I can't believe Escape from Alcatraz isn't in any lists.
ormazd
Posts: 1757
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Contact:

#76

Post by ormazd »

Has anyone else noticed non-official list checks sometimes mysteriously become unchecked? I just "rechecked" about 40 films.
User avatar
jvv
Donator
Posts: 8698
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#77

Post by jvv »

ormazd on Jul 23 2014, 04:59:36 PM wrote:Has anyone else noticed non-official list checks sometimes mysteriously become unchecked? I just "rechecked" about 40 films.
Just guessing, but maybe these are films where duplicates (one checked, one unchecked) are merged ?
User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 12850
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Ukraine, former Free Territory
Contact:

#78

Post by Armoreska »

ormazd on Jul 23 2014, 04:59:36 PM wrote:Has anyone else noticed non-official list checks sometimes mysteriously become unchecked? I just "rechecked" about 40 films.
Haven't noticed any, although there have been some I forgot to check. If anything I have dozens of additional checks on ICM compared to compatible IMDb rated titles
he or A. or Armo or any

Image
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 3877
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 6:00 am
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#79

Post by Ebbywebby »

Ebbywebby on Dec 26 2013, 03:18:56 PM wrote:[Me, in December 2013]
What is the gap between your ICM ranking for official checks than your ranking for total checks?

Currently, I'm 78 slots higher for official checks than for total checks.
I've been watching a lot of unofficial-check shorts during the past few months...I think my total-check rank is the highest it has ever been. So my gap is down to just 22 now.
User avatar
Torgo
Posts: 2137
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

#80

Post by Torgo »

Lonewolf2003 on Jun 16 2014, 07:52:16 AM wrote:Official: #639 (1994 checks)
Unofficial: #546 (3598 checks)

(...) the main difference probably is due to a lot of 2000s-2010s movies that aren't in any official lists.
So, have you noticed any change since the adoption of the full 21 Century list? ^_^
Post Reply