Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: 1970s (Results), 1950 (Jun 24th), Japan (Jun 30th), Essential Cinema (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Italy, Queer Cinema, Film From Each Year
Film of the Week: Drive a Crooked Road, July nominations (Jun 25th)

icm is down

yllow

Post by yllow »

Back but slow
jocularities

Post by jocularities »

'THIS PAGE IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE'

I don't think it's up
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Definitely appears to be down.
🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I can get pages and checked something 15 minutes ago. Just checked and unchecked a film to be sure. I used v2 (not beta)
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

xianjiro wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:20 am I can get pages and checked something 15 minutes ago. Just checked and unchecked a film to be sure. I used v2 (not beta)
I can't get the main site or beta. Nothing's loading at all. But Down for Everyone or Just Me says it's up. It works on my phone. I don't fucking know.
🏳️‍⚧️
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:22 am
xianjiro wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:20 am I can get pages and checked something 15 minutes ago. Just checked and unchecked a film to be sure. I used v2 (not beta)
I can't get the main site or beta. Nothing's loading at all. But Down for Everyone or Just Me says it's up. It works on my phone. I don't fucking know.
first. close your browser and wait a bit 10-30 seconds, depends on how fast your computer is - you want to give it time to really shutdown. I sometimes use ctrl+shift+esc to monitor for my browser to shut down. Then try reopening your browser to see if that fixes the problem. You can get to other websites (here for example) and others (me) are able to use iCM so that suggests a local (to you) problem.

Do you know how to clear cache and cookies for just iCM?
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

xianjiro wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:49 am
first. close your browser and wait a bit 10-30 seconds, depends on how fast your computer is - you want to give it time to really shutdown. I sometimes use ctrl+shift+esc to monitor for my browser to shut down. Then try reopening your browser to see if that fixes the problem. You can get to other websites (here for example) and others (me) are able to use iCM so that suggests a local (to you) problem.

I tried all of that, but it's still not working.
🏳️‍⚧️
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:56 am
xianjiro wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:49 am

I tried all of that, but it's still not working.
okay - I just checked something else, so it's working for me

did you reboot the machine, after clearing iCM cookies and cache?
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Yeah, I restarted everything. Goddammit, ugh.
🏳️‍⚧️
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

what browser are you using? what browsers are installed on the machine? also, I saw some similar posts in other threads but I can't remember if you said you could or couldn't connect to iCM from your phone - is your phone using wifi or your data plan?
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

xianjiro wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 1:05 am what browser are you using? what browsers are installed on the machine? also, I saw some similar posts in other threads but I can't remember if you said you could or couldn't connect to iCM from your phone - is your phone using wifi or your data plan?
It works perfectly on the phone. Not on the computer, Safari or Chrome.
🏳️‍⚧️
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 1:07 am
xianjiro wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 1:05 am what browser are you using? what browsers are installed on the machine? also, I saw some similar posts in other threads but I can't remember if you said you could or couldn't connect to iCM from your phone - is your phone using wifi or your data plan?
It works perfectly on the phone. Not on the computer, Safari or Chrome.
and you're interacting here using the computer (not the phone) right?

I haven't been on a Mac for a decade, so I'm less able to suggest what to do. I think we have a couple other Mac users on here - maybe they will jump in?
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

(wow - I didn't realize there was/is a version of Safari for Windows)

edit: sorry if my assumption you're on a Mac is wrong
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

I'm on a Mac. ICM appears to be working normally for me right now, but I was out all day so don't know if it was down earlier. I use Chrome and Firefox, primarily.
🧚‍♂️🦫
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Fergenaprido wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 1:53 am I'm on a Mac. ICM appears to be working normally for me right now, but I was out all day so don't know if it was down earlier. I use Chrome and Firefox, primarily.
Do you know if there was a recent OS X update? I know my Chrome browsers updated over the weekend. Probably Firefox as well though I rarely use it any longer.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

I'm not aware of any recent update, no.
🧚‍♂️🦫
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

okay, thanks!
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

just ran across this:
How’s your Monday going? If you’re Apple, the answer is probably somewhere between “very busy” to “gaaaaaaah.” The company just dropped a whole bunch of new OS updates today, including iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS, all ahead of the upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference, which kicks off (virtually) on June 7.
- https://techcrunch.com/2021/05/24/apple ... -wwdc-info

no idea what, if any, effect it might have had or even what updates were included for macOS, but my experience is updates can cause problems on older systems and I'm sorta remembering Kong saying to the effect that their computer is borrowed and not so sprightly
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

I've done everything I can possibly think of. It still won't let me in. I guess I don't check movies anymore.
🏳️‍⚧️
sortile9io

Post by sortile9io »

kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 9:18 am I've done everything I can possibly think of. It still won't let me in. I guess I don't check movies anymore.
Can you see this signature?

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

sortile9io wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 10:13 am
kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 9:18 am I've done everything I can possibly think of. It still won't let me in. I guess I don't check movies anymore.
Can you see this signature?

No. Not even my own.
🏳️‍⚧️
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

You could try the following actions (on this page) - easiest in Chrome I guess.

1/ Right-click and pick "inspect"
2/ A panel should pop open. Select the "network" tab.
3/ Reload the page (hard refresh is best)
4/ The panel should now list all the resources the page needs. The signature images should be among them, the status code next to them should tell you what the problem is (200 means everything is fine)

This won't fix anything, but at least it'll tell you why your computer thinks it can't access icheckmovies.com
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Onderhond wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 11:36 am You could try the following actions (on this page) - easiest in Chrome I guess.

1/ Right-click and pick "inspect"
2/ A panel should pop open. Select the "network" tab.
3/ Reload the page (hard refresh is best)
4/ The panel should now list all the resources the page needs. The signature images should be among them, the status code next to them should tell you what the problem is (200 means everything is fine)

This won't fix anything, but at least it'll tell you why your computer thinks it can't access icheckmovies.com
Thanks. The signatures are listed in red with the code "(failed) net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED."
🏳️‍⚧️
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

When I try to access ICM in Chrome, it says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
🏳️‍⚧️
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-flush-dns-cache-mac/

Maybe this could help? Since you're having a problem in both Safari and Chrome, it sounds like a DNS issue on OS level.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Onderhond wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 11:47 am https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-flush-dns-cache-mac/

Maybe this could help? Since you're having a problem in both Safari and Chrome, it sounds like a DNS issue on OS level.
Ugh. :facepalm: I flushed the DNS cache, it told me it flushed, and I still can't load ICM. It just despises my network all of a sudden.

Thank you so much for your help. You didn't have to give me that tip. I apologize for having been rude before.
🏳️‍⚧️
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

I tried to ping the site.

ping: cannot resolve icheckmovies.com: Unknown host
🏳️‍⚧️
shugs
Donator

Post by shugs »

kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:11 pm I tried to ping the site.

Try adding the Cloudflare/Google DNS servers. The following article explains how.

https://www.macinstruct.com/tutorials/h ... s-servers/
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

shugs wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:18 pm

Try adding the Cloudflare/Google DNS servers. The following article explains how.

Hot damn, that did it! God bless you! :wub:
🏳️‍⚧️
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Yeah, it's probably something with the DNS further down the line. I'm not very knowledgeable in that regard though.
kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:06 pm Thank you so much for your help. You didn't have to give me that tip. I apologize for having been rude before.
I never had any issues with you, just a minor difference in opinion as far as I'm concerned. :cheers:

Edit: woohoo, good to see it's fixed!
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Onderhond wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:24 pm Yeah, it's probably something with the DNS further down the line. I'm not very knowledgeable in that regard though.
kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:06 pm Thank you so much for your help. You didn't have to give me that tip. I apologize for having been rude before.
I never had any issues with you, just a minor difference in opinion as far as I'm concerned. :cheers:

:cheers: :banana:
🏳️‍⚧️
shugs
Donator

Post by shugs »

kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:23 pm
shugs wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:18 pm

Hot damn, that did it! God bless you! :wub:
Glad it works! :cheers:
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:06 pm
Onderhond wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 11:47 am https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-flush-dns-cache-mac/

Ugh. :facepalm: I flushed the DNS cache, it told me it flushed, and I still can't load ICM. It just despises my network all of a sudden.

Cool that it could be fixed for you. The whole issue sounds so spooky to me. :o
I would go NUTS in front of my computer and don't understand why the heck any of this stopped working all of a sudden.
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:31 pm
Onderhond wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:24 pm Yeah, it's probably something with the DNS further down the line. I'm not very knowledgeable in that regard though.

:cheers: :banana:
Even something irritating like a website that refuses to load can lead to something beautiful. (l)
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Torgo wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 2:11 pm
kongs_speech wrote: ↑May 25th, 2021, 12:06 pm

Cool that it could be fixed for you. The whole issue sounds so spooky to me. :o
I would go NUTS in front of my computer and don't understand why the heck any of this stopped working all of a sudden.
We really should put together a worksheet for troubleshooting these kind of issues - but then, that's not necessarily an easy task and there are so many permeations, so ... word to the wise, if you're having issues with iCM, ICM Forum, (or whatever) post about it, share the steps you've tried, and then be patient. I know being patient is the hardest part for me when I'm frustrated by the computer not working, but it's clear help will be on the way, from a different time zone, and the person who'll know what to do might be away from their computer.

Great job forum community! Way to go to support our fellow users! :party: :cheers:
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Seems like it.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

And for a couple of hours, it occurs to me
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I have contacted Marijn.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"