Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1964 (Sep 28th), 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 6th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, October nominations (Sep 27th)

Your Lowest User Rank for Any List

Post Reply
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

Your Lowest User Rank for Any List

#1

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 10th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Of all the ICM lists, on which list do you have your lowest user rank and what is the number? (You can check this at a glance on your progress page.)

For me, it is the 2010s list, on which my rank is 47474! :lol:

User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12109
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#2

Post by AdamH » August 10th, 2013, 1:43 pm

I have 0 checks on some lists (FESPACO, 100 Korean Films & Amanda Award).

Other than that, I'm at 24680 on the All-time Worldwide Box Office list.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29585
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#3

Post by mightysparks » August 10th, 2013, 1:44 pm

#6142 on box office list
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29585
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#4

Post by mightysparks » August 10th, 2013, 1:45 pm

I want to be in top 100 of all lists one day
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

rokp
Posts: 1840
Joined: Sep 18, 2012
Contact:

#5

Post by rokp » August 10th, 2013, 1:46 pm

All Time Box Office #8137
50 Greatest Sequels #18040
iCheckMovies - Most Checked #18138
All-Time Worldwide Box office #19856

And I'm not planning to change a single thing about that, 4 shitty lists and positions which nicely show my opinion about them... but there is one more, which I can't understand as I like animation (I'm sure I've seen more Disney's than I've checked though, but I just don't bother confirming it)...

Top 100 Animated Features of All Time #29849

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#6

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 10th, 2013, 1:48 pm

AdamH on Aug 10 2013, 07:43:57 AM wrote:I have 0 checks on some lists (FESPACO, 100 Korean Films & Amanda Award).

Other than that, I'm at 24680 on the All-time Worldwide Box Office list.
Yeah, I thought it would be Korean for me, where I only have a few checks, but then I saw my Box Office rank of 36028 and thought nothing will beat that, so I was surprised by 2010s. I've seen 7 out of 50, which I thought was quite low, but not low enough to be 47474. :mw_confused:

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#7

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 10th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Aug 10 2013, 07:48:37 AM wrote:
AdamH on Aug 10 2013, 07:43:57 AM wrote:I have 0 checks on some lists (FESPACO, 100 Korean Films & Amanda Award).

Other than that, I'm at 24680 on the All-time Worldwide Box Office list.
Yeah, I thought it would be Korean for me, where I only have a few checks, but then I saw my Box Office rank of 36028 and thought nothing will beat that, so I was surprised by 2010s. I've seen 7 out of 50, which I thought was quite low, but not low enough to be 47474. :mw_confused:
So what's your rank for the lists you have zero checks for?

User avatar
HVM
Posts: 3696
Joined: Jul 09, 2012
Location: Republic of Czechia
Contact:

#8

Post by HVM » August 10th, 2013, 1:50 pm

All-Time Worldwide Box office at #20563. It may be an easy achievement, yet I'm still out & proud. :youknowwhat:
1918 - 100 - 2018

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7069
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#9

Post by Gershwin » August 10th, 2013, 1:56 pm

#47943 on the All-time Worldwide Box Office List. I win! And yes, this is by far my lowest ranking. :shifty:
Last edited by Gershwin on August 10th, 2013, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

Prat
Posts: 534
Joined: May 04, 2012
Location: France
Contact:

#10

Post by Prat » August 10th, 2013, 2:00 pm

For me, this is obviously animation.

Animation #22416
100 Animated features #18674
Family #11954

I've 0 checks on some lists (Amanda, Bollywood, Dutch, Netherlands and one Korean list) but we have no rank.

User avatar
tourdesb
Moderator
Posts: 2000
Joined: May 07, 2011
Location: Puteaux, France
Contact:

#11

Post by tourdesb » August 10th, 2013, 2:01 pm

0 checks for Amanda Award (so I must be #4428), 100 Korean Films (#642).

Other than that, it is the 100 Greatest Films of Australian Cinema list, on which I am #2747
Image Image Image

User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12109
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#12

Post by AdamH » August 10th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Aug 10 2013, 07:49:43 AM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Aug 10 2013, 07:48:37 AM wrote:
AdamH on Aug 10 2013, 07:43:57 AM wrote:I have 0 checks on some lists (FESPACO, 100 Korean Films & Amanda Award).

Other than that, I'm at 24680 on the All-time Worldwide Box Office list.
Yeah, I thought it would be Korean for me, where I only have a few checks, but then I saw my Box Office rank of 36028 and thought nothing will beat that, so I was surprised by 2010s. I've seen 7 out of 50, which I thought was quite low, but not low enough to be 47474. :mw_confused:
So what's your rank for the lists you have zero checks for?
You don't get a ranking if you have 0 checks.

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#13

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 10th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Gershwin on Aug 10 2013, 07:56:22 AM wrote:#47943 on the All-time Worldwide Box Office List. I win! And yes, this is by far my lowest ranking. :shifty:
I don't know whether I should be happy or sad that you've taken my crown. :) :(

I'm still surprised that 7 out 50 on 2010s puts me at 47474. :shrug:

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#14

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 10th, 2013, 2:13 pm

AdamH on Aug 10 2013, 08:02:49 AM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Aug 10 2013, 07:49:43 AM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Aug 10 2013, 07:48:37 AM wrote:Yeah, I thought it would be Korean for me, where I only have a few checks, but then I saw my Box Office rank of 36028 and thought nothing will beat that, so I was surprised by 2010s. I've seen 7 out of 50, which I thought was quite low, but not low enough to be 47474. :mw_confused:
So what's your rank for the lists you have zero checks for?
You don't get a ranking if you have 0 checks.
Oh. :huh:

Samlion
Posts: 618
Joined: Sep 03, 2012
Location: Paris
Contact:

#15

Post by Samlion » August 10th, 2013, 2:13 pm

except the lists wher i have 0 check, the worst is for TV mini-series, i'm ranked 10943th. after it's documentary #6176
alltime worldwide boxoffice is my 5th better ranking, #64 and right after it's 2010, #135. i feel like a stranger compared to you guys

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11267
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#16

Post by Armoreska » August 10th, 2013, 2:17 pm

#16851 with 8 checks on IMDb 1950's
also #12764 on 1990's with quite a lot of checks

8 more lists untouched
Last edited by Armoreska on August 10th, 2013, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
burneyfan
Donator
Posts: 5808
Joined: Jun 23, 2011
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Contact:

#17

Post by burneyfan » August 10th, 2013, 2:20 pm

#3713 on the 2010s list. It makes sense, given how rarely I've been to a cinema in the last four years, and how long it takes me to see new films in other ways (DVD, etc.)...I have too many other things I like to watch, too!

User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 6827
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#18

Post by 3eyes » August 10th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Most checked: 61860
All-time worldwide box office: 60082

So there.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#19

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 10th, 2013, 2:40 pm

3eyes on Aug 10 2013, 08:26:23 AM wrote:Most checked: 61860
All-time worldwide box office: 60082

So there.
We have a new leader.

Yep, those are my two worst lists as well, along with 2010s. Basically, I think that any list with really broad appeal will punish low check numbers the most harshly in the rankings.
Last edited by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on August 10th, 2013, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 12502
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#20

Post by Cippenham » August 10th, 2013, 2:55 pm

I have at least 1 check for every list, but for the Amanda Award, 1 check and #2326
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#21

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 10th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Cippenham on Aug 10 2013, 08:55:12 AM wrote:I have at least 1 check for every list, but for the Amanda Award, 1 check and #2326
That's your highest number? (i.e., your worst ranking)

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 12502
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#22

Post by Cippenham » August 10th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Yes, checked again, I have seen a lot of mainstream films and I am #21 overall on ICM. The next worst is the Dutch Film Top 50, 5 checks and #1735
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#23

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 10th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Cippenham on Aug 10 2013, 09:01:44 AM wrote:Yes, checked again, I have seen a lot of mainstream films and I am #21 overall on ICM. The next worst is the Dutch Film Top 50, 5 checks and #1735
:thumbsup:

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18988
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#24

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » August 10th, 2013, 4:11 pm

0 checks for FESPACO - Étalon de Yennenga's

1831st for Cinema Tropical. I'm 1579th for the All-Time Worldwide Box office list. Make sure that never happens to you.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies | Letterboxd

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7069
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#25

Post by Gershwin » August 10th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Aug 10 2013, 08:40:25 AM wrote:
3eyes on Aug 10 2013, 08:26:23 AM wrote:Most checked: 61860
All-time worldwide box office: 60082

So there.
We have a new leader.

Yep, those are my two worst lists as well, along with 2010s. Basically, I think that any list with really broad appeal will punish low check numbers the most harshly in the rankings.
Why should you beat me? Please, go watch mainstream trash! :lol:

As for the 2010's list: it's very sensitive to hypes, maybe more than any other list. At first sight, there seem to be 6 to 8 Indian films, for example.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7069
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#26

Post by Gershwin » August 10th, 2013, 4:16 pm

ArthurYanthar on Aug 10 2013, 10:11:30 AM wrote:0 checks for FESPACO - Étalon de Yennenga's
Go check out Heremakono! I'm almost sure you'll like it, it's very atmospheric.
Last edited by Gershwin on August 10th, 2013, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#27

Post by Kasparius » August 10th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Sadly it's not the Bollywood list for me

User avatar
frbrown
Posts: 5929
Joined: Nov 01, 2011
Contact:

#28

Post by frbrown » August 10th, 2013, 4:38 pm

0 checks on Amanda and FESPACO

#73370 on 2010s
#64927 on Most Checked
#62845 on Worldwide Box Office (the longer list)

and then #54592 on Crime :huh:
Image

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#29

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » August 10th, 2013, 4:41 pm

frbrown on Aug 10 2013, 10:38:43 AM wrote:0 checks on Amanda and FESPACO

#73370 on 2010s
#64927 on Most Checked
#62845 on Worldwide Box Office (the longer list)

and then #54592 on Crime :huh:
Just when 3eyes was getting used to the glory, a newer champion emerges from the fray ...

User avatar
frbrown
Posts: 5929
Joined: Nov 01, 2011
Contact:

#30

Post by frbrown » August 10th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Aug 10 2013, 10:41:36 AM wrote:Just when 3eyes was getting used to the glory, a newer champion emerges from the fray ...
Maybe.

Or maybe
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Image
:shifty:
Image

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 29524
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#31

Post by joachimt » August 10th, 2013, 5:03 pm

#45785 Animation

Not a surprise...
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

tommy_leazaq
Donator
Posts: 3416
Joined: May 18, 2011
Location: Chennai, India
Contact:

#32

Post by tommy_leazaq » August 10th, 2013, 5:13 pm

0 checks in FESPACO, Amanda award, Australian Cinema, Korean v1.


Bottom 6:-

Top 100 Animates Features of all time: #23925 (This is shocking to me. I thought I have seen a fair amount of animated movies)
The Deuce Top 20: #18660 (I'm not into cult movies, yet)
IMDb TV Mini series: #18582 (Understandable)
All Time Worldwide Box Office: #16016 (And I thought I am a mainstream guy.. Another shock)
50 Greatest Sequels: #15689 (23/50 still 15000+ :( )
iCheckMovies Most Checked: #15146 (Same feeling as Box office list)
Last edited by tommy_leazaq on August 10th, 2013, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
frbrown
Posts: 5929
Joined: Nov 01, 2011
Contact:

#33

Post by frbrown » August 10th, 2013, 5:15 pm

Why do so many people dislike animation?
Image

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 23287
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#34

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » August 10th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Top 500 Horror Movies: 784
Only have three above 500, that one, Bollywood(702) and Mini-Series(641)

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 10807
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#35

Post by mjf314 » August 10th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Amanda Award - 0 checks
All-time box office - #37717

One of my goals for this year is to stay outside the top 30000 on the box office list, so I have no intention of trying to improve my rank. I'll watch a few from the Amanda list someday but it's low priority.

allisoncm
Posts: 16127
Joined: May 11, 2011
Contact:

#36

Post by allisoncm » August 10th, 2013, 5:48 pm

#2923 on Martial Arts. Monty would not be pleased.

Prat
Posts: 534
Joined: May 04, 2012
Location: France
Contact:

#37

Post by Prat » August 10th, 2013, 5:54 pm

frbrown on Aug 10 2013, 11:15:23 AM wrote:Why do so many people dislike animation?
Don't think it's a dislike.
In my case, I thought I watched a bunch of animated features but obviously, I just watched Disney ones and almost none from the 2000s. Honestly, I just don't watch animation because... well I don't know. When I was a kid I watched the Disney ones, French TV series (Astérix and Tintin) and some American TV series. Japanimation was forbidden. But since... I'm just not interested. :mellow:

User avatar
frbrown
Posts: 5929
Joined: Nov 01, 2011
Contact:

#38

Post by frbrown » August 10th, 2013, 5:57 pm

PeacefulAnarchy on Aug 10 2013, 11:19:20 AM wrote:Top 500 Horror Movies: 784
Only have three above 500, that one, Bollywood(702) and Mini-Series(641)
:worship:

Top 800 on every list!

Has anybody else managed that?
Image

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 23287
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#39

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » August 10th, 2013, 6:00 pm

frbrown on Aug 10 2013, 11:57:12 AM wrote:
PeacefulAnarchy on Aug 10 2013, 11:19:20 AM wrote:Top 500 Horror Movies: 784
Only have three above 500, that one, Bollywood(702) and Mini-Series(641)
:worship:

Top 800 on every list!

Has anybody else managed that?
SanderO is the king, he's top 100 in every list. Otherwise, very few people. Some months ago I checked everyone in the top 100 and only a handful had me beat.

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 10807
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#40

Post by mjf314 » August 10th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Why was Japanese animation forbidden? Was France fighting a war against Japan or something?

Post Reply