Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

First-to-check @iCM

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Re: First-to-check @iCM

Post by Nathan Treadway » April 18th, 2019, 6:19 pm

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/ji+ ... +ju+le+bu/

An official check?! I wonder how many official films out there that nobody has checked.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » April 18th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Nathan Treadway wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 6:19 pm

An official check?! I wonder how many official films out there that nobody has checked.
Not many. Even the most obscure movies have often at least one check by a hidden user, so the check is probably not legit. I just checked the Unesco list and every movie has at least 1 check (97 have exactly 1 check).
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » April 18th, 2019, 7:14 pm

joachimt wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 6:58 pm
Nathan Treadway wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Not many. Even the most obscure movies have often at least one check by a hidden user, so the check is probably not legit. I just checked the Unesco list and every movie has at least 1 check (97 have exactly 1 check).
I just went through Tim's lists. I found 23. 3 of them are on PtP. 2 are dead and the 3rd doesn't have subtitles (although I found subs for a different file of the same film). All 23 are on only one list.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » April 18th, 2019, 10:38 pm

I actually got one of these a couple years ago - Rigoletto (1946)

It was just available. From my library, and I found a similar version on YouTube. I spent almost as long verifying it was the correct movie as I did watching the movie. Still only 4 checks on it. :shrug:

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 19th, 2019, 8:19 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 10:38 pm

It was just available. From my library, and I found a similar version on YouTube. I spent almost as long verifying it was the correct movie as I did watching the movie. Still only 4 checks on it. :shrug:
It's not in the usual places. Plz DL and UL it, cant view on these links.
Only need subs now
Last edited by Armoreska on April 21st, 2019, 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » April 21st, 2019, 5:56 pm

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/bari+zogon/

My second official check in this thread this week. :)

I'm not too sure if this is a documentary or a drama. It's filmed similar to how Michael Moore does his films, with the filmmaker forcing his way into various situations and puts his subject "on the spot" to get his agenda across, often with an accusatory/aggressive tone. This one investigates a murder with political motivations.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » April 21st, 2019, 7:38 pm

Armoreska wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 8:19 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 10:38 pm

It's not in the usual places. Plz DL and UL it, cant view on these links.
Only need subs now
I tried twice, but got it with a watermark both times.

And I'm not sure you need subs - it's a filmed stage play of a well-known Italian opera, so it's kinda meant to be viewed without subs, methinks.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 21st, 2019, 8:40 pm

So you don't need to be Italian? I dunno about that. Did you get anything out of it?
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

albajos

Post by albajos » April 21st, 2019, 10:16 pm

Yeah, I have been to the opera trying to figure out whaht was happening without reading the translation. And even in a famous opera like La Traviata I was mostly wrong. So unless you have the english script in front of you (they are often released in booklets with CD-editions of the Operas) you're missing out on a lot of content.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » April 21st, 2019, 10:20 pm

Armoreska wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 8:40 pm
So you don't need to be Italian? I dunno about that. Did you get anything out of it?
I followed the story and appreciated the music - some of what I recognized from various cartoons/games I've seen is from Rigoletto. Visually, it's a filmed stage production, so not much cinematic to it. Honestly, just really felt like I was in the audience at an opera.

albajos

Post by albajos » April 21st, 2019, 10:57 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 10:20 pm
just really felt like I was in the audience at an opera.
If you go to an actual opera you do get subtitles. Every seat has a small display with translated lyrics

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » April 21st, 2019, 11:10 pm

albajos wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 10:57 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 10:20 pm
just really felt like I was in the audience at an opera.
If you go to an actual opera you do get subtitles. Every seat has a small display with translated lyrics
they didn't always though, and some of us are old enough to remember seeing operas without subs - I'd still count it myself without knowing every bit of dialogue, in most cases. It's not as if opera plots are overly complex or the dialogue is so beautiful when read that it adds significantly to the experience. Not in the case of Verdi anyway. And I don't know about you but I've seen more than a couple of musicals where the songs weren't subbed - didn't really create problems in understanding, and I certainly have no problems in checking them. But to each their own, maybe most people are more obsessive about this issue than I am.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 21st, 2019, 11:46 pm

Rigoletto 77, 81, 82, 08 seem to be subbed. I'll watch one of these first then.
(Rigoletto 93 is not related)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » May 11th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Armoreska wrote:
September 6th, 2016, 3:46 pm
(Maximov shorts added to imdb by me)
again
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/alternative+walk/
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 11th, 2019, 12:59 pm

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/jostoju/

Not just first check but a masterpiece IMO and probably my favorite viewing of the month so far.

RBG

Post by RBG » May 24th, 2019, 3:02 am

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » June 2nd, 2019, 10:07 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » June 5th, 2019, 8:52 pm

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/nympho/

Semi-interesting, semi-sexy Russian short that I saw on the ShortsTV channel (temporary freeview). Every time a woman orgasms, she magically transports to another location. A metaphor for avoiding emotional intimacy.

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » June 5th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Below is another short I saw via a temporary ShortsTV freeview. Period piece about early-70s John Lennon knocking on the door of a slacker and asking to use the toilet. The toilet is broken, so the guy is left with Lennon's doody. What to do with this valuable artifact? Most shorts I've seen via ShortsTV are entirely disposable...this and "Nympho" were better than the norm.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/john+lennons+turd/

Seen on cable TV, presented as a short film rather than a British TV episode. Speculative account of the time Salvador Dali asked Alice Cooper to "collaborate." Not so good.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/urb ... he+cooper/

There are currently 130 shorts where I'm the only checker. Many of them are shorts that I can't remember anymore. "The One Man Beatles," "If It Ain't Stiff, It Ain't Worth a Fuck" and "XTC at the Manor" are great if your music tastes lean that way (Emitt Rhodes, Stiff Records, XTC). If you like dissonant, experimental shorts, try Aldo Tambellini's "Blackout," "Black Trip," "Black Trip 2" and "Black Plus X."

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » July 26th, 2019, 9:55 pm

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/how ... isnt+done/

Familiar with the prankish, experimental collective Negativland? This is a doc about late member Don Joyce and his long-time Berkeley radio show "Over the Edge."

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/watunna/

Animated short depicting Venezuelan creation myths, narrated by...guess who?...Stan Brakhage. Reminds me of the John/Faith Hubley shorts I've seen. It's on Vimeo.

RBG

Post by RBG » July 28th, 2019, 1:03 am

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/mods+and+rockers/

not as cool as it sounds, kinda goofy dance film. these kids today

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS