Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

First-to-check @iCM

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

3 Chiapas docus:
Corridos sin rostro
Zapatistas - Crónica de una Rebelión
Painting Without Permission
a war anime about submarines:
Chinmoku no Kantai
and that Putin documentary with 100 million views on YouTube

among some other shorts

the latter three don't really count as I added them to IMDb
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham »

Twist stars Michael Caine as a modern Fagin. It’s terrible but amazing leaping across London Roofs by the youngsters in the film. It also stars someone called Rita Ora who is some kind of singer apparently.
Last edited by Cippenham on January 31st, 2021, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

I've gotten a few of the Sundance movies. Don't remember which ones, specifically. I know I had the first check on <i>CODA</i>, a film that will likely be quite popular even though I was heavily mixed on it.
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
RolandKirkSunglasses

Post by RolandKirkSunglasses »

TV movie of "Turandot", Franco Corelli as Calaf.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/turandot-1958/
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

I added and received the first check on Sion Sono's instant cult classic Prisoners of the Ghostland.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

kongs_speech wrote: February 1st, 2021, 4:49 am I added and received the first check on Sion Sono's instant cult classic Prisoners of the Ghostland.
Man, I'm not even a Sono buff, but as an avid Cage maniac (with 60+ seen films) I envy you big time.
:poshclap:
DareDaniel

Post by DareDaniel »

Huge Sono fanboy here, seen all his movies. I also went on a Cage marathon recently just in preparation for this movie (50+movies seen!).
Hoping for someone to upload it somewhere. :folded:
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Added and checked the new Edgar Wright, The Sparks Brothers!
GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome »

kongs_speech wrote: February 1st, 2021, 3:38 pm Added and checked the new Edgar Wright, The Sparks Brothers!
Wait, he has another new film besides Last Night
in Soho?? Or is that one a short or doc or something?
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

GruesomeTwosome wrote: February 1st, 2021, 4:13 pm Or is that one a short or doc or something?
It is. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8610436/
GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome »

Torgo wrote: February 1st, 2021, 4:16 pm
GruesomeTwosome wrote: February 1st, 2021, 4:13 pm Or is that one a short or doc or something?
It is. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8610436/
Aha, thanks for the info! Can’t say I’m interested in that, but definitely looking forward to Last Night in Soho.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/12 ... rine+wheel

A substantial, arty item, presumably with plenty of appeal to this demographic...very surprised that I'm the first check. I've had the David Byrne soundtrack album for over 30 years and realized that I never saw the accompanying dance production. It's not marvelous -- the music (which I love) is far more compelling than the dance. It's difficult to decipher the narrative, but it essentially seems to be about strife within a nuclear family and their housekeeper. Pineapples are a recurring prop, seemingly representing the atomic bomb. Everyone's fighting over the pineapples. This doesn't seem to be the mere document of a live production, though almost all the material takes place on a raw stage.

Now that I've seen this, I kinda wish I could add it to my <50 ballot.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Ebbywebby wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 10:27 am Now that I've seen this, I kinda wish I could add it to my <50 ballot.
.. realizing you're the only one who has seen it?
:D
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Torgo wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 2:01 am
Ebbywebby wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 10:27 am Now that I've seen this, I kinda wish I could add it to my <50 ballot.
.. realizing you're the only one who has seen it?
:D
Well, I have few dreams of any of my choices landing in the top 250, so it's mostly about imagining what films I could push onto the "complete" poll list.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Not exactly ontopic but I just checked a movie where the previous check was over 10 years ago! also made by a currently somewhat active forum member.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/min ... nt+of+war/ - Was shared on The Advocate. Good animated short about a WWII vet's memory of an incident during an air raid, and how that incident affected his life. The film was made by his niece. Available on Vimeo.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/the+rain+of+paris/ - Watched it for the 1980 poll. Roger saw it first, but I was the first check. Available on Facebook.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Menselijke Natuur en Ideale Maatschappij (1971)
AKA
The Chomsky - Foucault Debate: Human Nature and the Ideal Society

though at least a million have apparently beat me to watching it
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Anna. The Woman Who Went to Fight ISIS
a 1hr+ docu made in 2019
8+/10

+a bunch of anarchist docus that Im not gonna mention some of which I added myself
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler