Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

Your average rating

Torgo

Post by Torgo »

joachimt wrote: October 31st, 2020, 6:44 pm Yeah, I knew it was on the profile page. I just couldn't find the profile page. Why is the profile page called "Your activity"? Doesn't make sense at all.
Forget it jo, it's IMDb-town.
:shrug:
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Torgo wrote: October 31st, 2020, 6:17 pm re: Mighty: This would drift off from the actual topic and I know you absolutely watch more than just horror films, and also that your rating system is the product of more than just that, but if I had to pick one way to tune my ratings (in making them more diversified), I'd decide to watch tons of action & horror. These are genres I could see myself enjoying even if I had to hand out many 4s & 5s. Because it's fun to pay attention to all the tropes and to sort titles into subgenre canons, all the while not getting totally bored because of reasonable runtimes and enough things happening (special effect work, for example). While still acknowledging that some of these aren't great films. On the other hand, if I watched 200 foreign arthouse drama films I have to rate 4/10, I'd probably kill myself.
But yeah, it's another discussion and anything than objective, actually.
idk for me a 4/10 is a 4/10 and I dislike them all (more or less) equally, no matter the genre. But since I'm especially interested in horror films, I guess I would find a 4/10 horror film more interesting because I'm still building my knowledge/appreciation of the genre. If foreign arthouse drama was my thing then I'd probably prefer to watch tons of those.

My average rating for horror films (based on my spreadsheet, so no short films etc) is 5.3, with a bit over 2100 films, so it's definitely not helping my average rating lol. History is the only one that's lower (5.2), but family and musicals are also 5.3.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Gotta make use of all the options!

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I calculate my average rating two ways in my spreadsheet:

By title = 6.926008414

By minutes = 7.244578837

And here's my supersexy bell curve from IMDb
Screenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

piece of shit won't let me attach two tiny pix, so here's the year thingie
Screenshot 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Please guys, we already have an IMDb bell curve topic. Stop posting things in the wrong place. :'(
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

What would this forum do without Lammetje?! It would become total chaos! :lol:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Lammetje wrote: November 1st, 2020, 9:28 am Please guys, we already have an IMDb bell curve topic. Stop posting things in the wrong place. :'(
That's what happens when you never explore beyond Active Topics. It's like being doomed to hand out 7s into eternity, not knowing how much wild stuff there is out there.
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

joachimt wrote: November 1st, 2020, 11:58 am What would this forum do without Lammetje?! It would become total chaos! :lol:
(l)
Torgo wrote: November 1st, 2020, 4:33 pm
Lammetje wrote: November 1st, 2020, 9:28 am Please guys, we already have an IMDb bell curve topic. Stop posting things in the wrong place. :'(
That's what happens when you never explore beyond Active Topics. It's like being doomed to hand out 7s into eternity, not knowing how much wild stuff there is out there.
Well said! :poshclap:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*