Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)

Favourite iCM comments

Knaldskalle

Re: Favourite iCM comments

Post by Knaldskalle » April 26th, 2019, 6:36 am

fori wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 3:46 am
"Truly a historic moment in cinema. Seriously, where can we go from here?"
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/ave ... /comments/
Part of me hopes he's right. The entire Hollywood machine will realize that there's nowhere to go with what they're doing and thus go back to making good movies, instead of CGI movies with live actors.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 26th, 2019, 7:00 am

Someone was going around Reddit spoiling the film and upsetting everyone and yea that's a crappy thing to do but it makes me sad that people care enough about these rubbish movies to be bothered by it, or even to be excited about its release. I liked the first one, and a couple of the individual ones are alright but c'mon.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 26th, 2019, 8:07 am

fori wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 3:46 am
"Truly a historic moment in cinema. Seriously, where can we go from here?"
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/ave ... /comments/
to hell in a shit-filled handbasket? (and no, I haven't seen it, but will eventually, so that's just a poor attempt at levity based on my anti-superhero bias). Who knows, maybe it's Shawshank, Godfather, and Rosebud all rolled into one neat, pretty, little package :think:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » April 26th, 2019, 2:03 pm

I saw the last Marvel movie, and it ended exactly how I always wanted the Marvel series to end,
SpoilerShow
with most people dead ... actually, I felt like a few of the most annoying characters survived for some reason
To me, that was the end of the Marvel franchise. I will see no further movies nor even acknowledge their existence. The biggest movie being released this weekend is Dreamland, the Margot Robbie bounty hunter flick.