Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

Favourite iCM comments

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I hadn't mentioned that the quote I dropped was actually made in direct response to another users quote. I don't see anything malicious though and maybe when the user posted that comment 7+ years ago, the joke was understood by other users.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

xianjiro wrote: October 27th, 2020, 9:02 pm I hadn't mentioned that the quote I dropped was actually made in direct response to another users quote. I don't see anything malicious though and maybe when the user posted that comment 7+ years ago, the joke was understood by other users.
As an older than 7 year old, I can confirm that back then the joke may have flown over my head.
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Armoreska wrote: October 27th, 2020, 9:38 pm
xianjiro wrote: October 27th, 2020, 9:02 pm I hadn't mentioned that the quote I dropped was actually made in direct response to another users quote. I don't see anything malicious though and maybe when the user posted that comment 7+ years ago, the joke was understood by other users.
As an older than 7 year old, I can confirm that back then the joke may have flown over my head.
psst: it was made in reply to you! :o You were saying how much of the title you were able to translate from French - I think that's because it text that came after the titles and didn't rely on the French narration. But even with the context, it's seems to be an unhelpful non-sequitur.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

xianjiro wrote: October 27th, 2020, 10:06 pm
psst: it was made in reply to you! :o You were saying how much of the title you were able to translate from French - I think that's because it text that came after the titles and didn't rely on the French narration. But even with the context, it's seems to be an unhelpful non-sequitur.
Well if the body replaces its cells every 7 years, then that might not have been me.
Hope the pre-me wasn't saying something really stupid. :o
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Armoreska wrote: October 27th, 2020, 10:47 pm
xianjiro wrote: October 27th, 2020, 10:06 pm
Well if the body replaces its cells every 7 years, then that might not have been me.
Hope the pre-me wasn't saying something really stupid. :o
absolutely not: you just translated film intro text, thus why I thought the response so strange and out of place
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

On Road House:
Just when you're about to give up on this film, film as a medium, and life itself, Sam Elliot flashes us the top of his pubic hair and all is right again in the world.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome »

A comment on the page for the Jean-Claude Van Damme action pic Knock Off (1998) had me chuckling:

“Did you ever think to yourself "I wanna see a movie directed by Tsui Hark and starring Jean-Claude Van Damme that revolves heavily around jeans counterfitting"? Well if so, you found your movie. And you need serious help”
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd