Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Results), Romance (Aug 28th)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Der Fan, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

iCM Bugs

Fergenaprido
Donator

Re: iCM Bugs

Post by Fergenaprido » January 14th, 2020, 2:00 pm

Is this already a known bug?

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/joj ... /rankings/
On the main page and here, it shows as only in 1 list, but it's in 1 official and 55 personal lists.

Code: Select all

All (1) | Official (1) | Personal (55)

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » January 14th, 2020, 9:35 pm

joachimt wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 1:01 pm
sheikofhyrule wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:13 am
I do not know how this happened, but it looks like when this profile, https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/joao.neto/, imported their checks, they created brand new pages for each of the movies. I noticed this because I copy and paste from IMDb and noticed it twice recently with Looper being the most recent, https://www.icheckmovies.com/search/mov ... =tt1276104 .
He used a script created bu StegSchreck who caused the exact same problem multiple times before. We are aware. Marijn will fix it.
Ugh! How annoying. Know if it was accidental or on purpose (as in malicious)?

Marijn is also going to be seeing more spam accounts - I'm not up to two fake friend requests. Guess we've just been lucky for a very long time.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » January 14th, 2020, 10:19 pm

xianjiro wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:54 am
got my first spam friend request on iCM and now both iCM and the official forum (or at least whatever part that is used to login) are down not working on my Chrome browsers. Had to report on Edge. Now to see what trackers need to be removed.
I don't know if it's the same one you received, but today I got a friend request from a name something like "megan_doz." And when I clicked the name, there was no corresponding profile.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » January 14th, 2020, 11:09 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 10:19 pm
xianjiro wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:54 am
got my first spam friend request on iCM and now both iCM and the official forum (or at least whatever part that is used to login) are down not working on my Chrome browsers. Had to report on Edge. Now to see what trackers need to be removed.
I don't know if it's the same one you received, but today I got a friend request from a name something like "megan_doz." And when I clicked the name, there was no corresponding profile.
Different name, but same format - 'normal' first name, underscore, three random characters. The second one I received had a different name but was already gone, so I'm guessing either someone else reported that profile before me or Marijn is already working against the, not sure if it's the best work, exploit

I can't remember what we have to do to send a Friend Request other than complete the form. I know other messaging features have a challenge, so I expect that's the same for the Friend Request. While I'd be surprised if someone is actually creating these profiles and sending the requests manually, it's possible. But if the challenge is being passed by a bot either through exploit or completion, that's not going to make Marijn's job any easier.

Wonder if we'll have to play the Captcha game in the future. They haven't been quite as frustrating the last few times I've had them appear on other sites, but middle of last year they seemed interminable. Really annoying, especially since they are getting more difficult and my eyesight isn't good enough some times.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » January 15th, 2020, 5:49 am

xianjiro wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 9:35 pm
joachimt wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 1:01 pm
sheikofhyrule wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:13 am
I do not know how this happened, but it looks like when this profile, https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/joao.neto/, imported their checks, they created brand new pages for each of the movies. I noticed this because I copy and paste from IMDb and noticed it twice recently with Looper being the most recent, https://www.icheckmovies.com/search/mov ... =tt1276104 .
He used a script created bu StegSchreck who caused the exact same problem multiple times before. We are aware. Marijn will fix it.
Ugh! How annoying. Know if it was accidental or on purpose (as in malicious)?
Not on purpose, but StegSchreck neglected my response about abandoning this thing, after he replied to my first few messages. Instead of abandoning it, he posted his script on github. I think he still believes it works. Lately two users used his script. They certainly didn’t intend to do any damage.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm » February 23rd, 2020, 1:15 am

Dunno if it has been mentioned before, but what’s up with this?
SpoilerShow

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » February 23rd, 2020, 2:16 am

while that specifically hasn't been mentioned, the account has been discussed before

sol can find me here

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » February 23rd, 2020, 6:08 am

My guess is there's a bug that counts awards for previously official lists.

Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby » April 1st, 2020, 9:53 am

This glitch may happen for 500 different horror movies, but here is just one example:

https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/bla ... heckmovies

The old official list "Top 500 Horror" is wrongly classified here as official.

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs » April 1st, 2020, 11:40 am

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I keep losing my bronze award on the Tim Dirks's 100+ Most Controversial Films of All-Time list. I have checked 55 out of 110 movies.

There's another user reporting this problem in the comments page.

72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm » April 1st, 2020, 11:52 am

shugs wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 11:40 am
I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I keep losing my bronze award on the Tim Dirks's 100+ Most Controversial Films of All-Time list. I have checked 55 out of 110 movies.

There's another user reporting this problem in the comments page.
That’s one of many list where you need 50% +1

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs » April 1st, 2020, 12:53 pm

:circle: That's crazy. Thanks!

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » April 3rd, 2020, 7:08 am

I wonder if the award System actually works on some of the new lists ...

Or it's taking extra time to batch calculate them because of the huge TSPDT 1000 films new official list maybe ?

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 3rd, 2020, 7:32 am

I got two awards. TSPDT and AV Club, but it is possible it's still going through. I don't think it's the length of the list as much as the number of users. Normally it only has to check for an award when someone checks something, but now it has to check for every single user.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 3rd, 2020, 7:44 am

Yeah, I watched something from the Black Canon and got that award before the TSPDT & AV Club awards. Will still need to watch a number of films for bronze on the other two.

sol can find me here

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » April 3rd, 2020, 8:54 am

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » April 3rd, 2020, 9:06 am

Ha... Maybe i need to actually watch something on the new list to register the award (even if i should already have it) ?

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » April 3rd, 2020, 1:18 pm

Or not ...

Just got the last 3 Awards ... ;)

You gained an award for list A.V. Club’s The Best Movies of the 2010s, Slate's The Black Film Canon and TSPDT's 1,000 Greatest Films: 1001-2000 15 hours 16 minutes ago

sol
Donator

Post by sol » April 3rd, 2020, 1:42 pm

How long should I give Marijn before complaining about none of the images for the new awards working? :shrug:

:yucky:
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » April 3rd, 2020, 2:03 pm

i favicon is also "down" i imagine the image server is having an issue. Only reason you are seeing some is the cache.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » April 4th, 2020, 2:15 am

sol wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 1:42 pm
How long should I give Marijn before complaining about none of the images for the new awards working? :shrug:
If none of the list-mods can provide a timeframe, I will ask Marijn on the other forum. I just don't want to be the person who's always complaining when the site isn't functioning as it should. :unsure:
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 4th, 2020, 2:46 am

I don't think any of us have an answer. Did they work and stop working or did the awards never show up? If they never showed up I'd give it another day to see if he has to do something to wrap it up, if not feel free to ask. I don't think being that person who reports a bug once a month is a problem, I do it pretty regularly.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 4th, 2020, 2:59 am

On the other hand, I'd argue patience is a virtue: how important are the images to using the site? It's entirely possible that more pressing issues require a person's attention right now. While I don't mean to suggest that pointing out something is not working is, shall I say, being a pain in the arse, once it's been mentioned (on the official forum), that's probably good enough. We need to respect other peoples' ability to prioritize their time in completing the myriad of tasks demanding their attention.

And it's entirely possible some of our friends are feeling very stressed out right now but don't want to let on. I'm not saying I know or suspect this to be the case with anyone in particular: it only stands to reason.

sol can find me here

sol
Donator

Post by sol » April 4th, 2020, 3:28 am

Nothing like two different list-mods telling you different things to make a decision easier to make. :whistling:
xianjiro wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 2:59 am
how important are the images to using the site?
I can use the site, I guess, but it makes my profile page look unsightly/ugly. I suppose as a band-aid solution, I could try to get three more awards in order to push the non-working images off my main page, but the awards cabinet still looks shocking.

Maybe I'll meet the two of you halfway and given Marijn the balance of two days before pointing out the problem on the Official ICM forum.
Image Image Image

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 4th, 2020, 3:45 am

Report as you like, but as xianjiro says, be understanding that things may take a while to get fixed. If Marijn is so busy he can't look he won't see the message, if he has time to look then he can add it to the list as he sees fit. In this case I'm pretty sure he knows since he mentioned he'd be doing them soon a few days ago along with the signatures. I assume he couldn't find the time to finish the awards and they're next up, but I suppose it's possible he thought he did it and it didn't work.

I don't really think my advice is contradicts xianjiro's.
xianjiro wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 2:59 am
While I don't mean to suggest that pointing out something is not working is, shall I say, being a pain in the arse, once it's been mentioned (on the official forum), that's probably good enough.
Has it been mentioned? If so, be patient. If not, mention it, then be patient.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » April 4th, 2020, 4:44 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 3:45 am
In this case I'm pretty sure he knows since he mentioned he'd be doing them soon a few days ago along with the signatures. I assume he couldn't find the time to finish the awards and they're next up
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 3:45 am
Has it been mentioned? If so, be patient. If not, mention it, then be patient.
No, it hasn't been mentioned. Or at least not when I last checked a couple of hours ago. Given what you've said though (highlighted in blue), I think I should give it a little longer. Maybe approx 24 hours from now and then maybe mention it on the ICM site forum if nobody else has yet.
Image Image Image

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » April 17th, 2020, 10:04 am

Not quite a bug I guess, but how many people are irritated by the fact that the default sort on runtime goes from high to low?
ICM isn't the fastest site around as it is, having to click that thing twice is no fun! And something tells me most people on ICM are looking for the shortest films when they use that particular filter, not the longest one.

So yeah, a better default would be nice I think :)

Edit: and yes, you can just paste "?sort=runtime&asc" after the default list url, but c'mon ...

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » April 17th, 2020, 11:15 am

It'll probably not be a priority for Marijn to work on, but maybe it's something that could be added to the enhanced script? That way people can choose whether they want the default sort to be ascending or descending for runtime (and maybe some other fields as well, such as year or checks).

I don't remember who created the script (though I suppose anyone can edit it?).

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » April 17th, 2020, 1:18 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 11:15 am
It'll probably not be a priority for Marijn to work on, but maybe it's something that could be added to the enhanced script? That way people can choose whether they want the default sort to be ascending or descending for runtime (and maybe some other fields as well, such as year or checks).

I don't remember who created the script (though I suppose anyone can edit it?).
I should probably install that, but as a web dev myself I find it really hard to justify.
I get all the practical problems, but I think it's becomes increasingly difficult to defend.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 17th, 2020, 5:41 pm

If we're talking default sorts, I'd personally prefer to be able to default to "in # of official hotlists" when conducting a search. And of course, there I want high to low, but agree that when I click on runtime, I'm usually looking for shorter movies. But I'd say it's a relatively minor problem.

In iCM Enhanced, I'd rather color code things according to length - I don't personally find the color coding by seen, favorite, and dislike helpful since generally I'm looking for those I haven't seen.

The one issue for runtime sorts is where to put those films with an empty field. I find it somewhat annoying to have to open a bunch of entries to find where actual runtimes start. The other thing with clicking twice to sort, if the header is overly long (v2), it often requires scrolling on the page so that popup menu will display (and I can select runtime). Haven't checked to see if that's still an issue in v3. But again, these are just quirks and every database tool has them. I generally prefer one of the library front-ends over another because the other one is clunky when it comes to filtering of searches (requiring multiple steps/clicks) but the one I use most is only useful (to me) for exact title searches. I always select the other front-end when searching holdings on a topic. So there are always trade-offs.

sol can find me here

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » April 17th, 2020, 6:23 pm

Onderhond wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 10:04 am
Not quite a bug I guess, but how many people are irritated by the fact that the default sort on runtime goes from high to low?
ICM isn't the fastest site around as it is, having to click that thing twice is no fun! And something tells me most people on ICM are looking for the shortest films when they use that particular filter, not the longest one.

Edit: and yes, you can just paste "?sort=runtime&asc" after the default list url, but c'mon ...
Here's a script for you. If you sort by runtime, then it'll be ascending by default (unless the list is already sorted by runtime, in which case clicking runtime will reverse the order, as it normally does).

I didn't try to add this to the iCM Enhanced script, but maybe someone else can do that.

// ==UserScript==
// @name         icm list runtime ascending
// @match        https://*.icheckmovies.com/lists/*
// ==/UserScript==

if (!location.href.includes('sort=runtime')) {
    document.querySelector('#listOrderingruntime a').href = '?sort=runtime&asc';
}

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 17th, 2020, 6:33 pm

mjf314 wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 6:23 pm
Onderhond wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 10:04 am

Here's a script for you. If you sort by runtime, then it'll be ascending by default (unless the list is already sorted by runtime, in which clicking runtime will reverse the order, as it normally does).

I didn't try to add this to the iCM Enhanced script, but maybe someone else can do that.

// ==UserScript==
// ==/UserScript==

}
I don't know enough about scripting, so forgive me if this seems like a stupid question. Can that be run as a stand-alone? (like the script you did recently that does the progress page as a single column)

sol can find me here

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » April 17th, 2020, 6:35 pm

Maybe I should give it a go, we'll see.
Thanks for the script though, if I end up using it I'll see if I can add something to make sure the "unchecked" tab is active too, because that's what most of us are probably after :)

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » April 17th, 2020, 6:41 pm

@xianjiro: Yes, it's a standalone script (or you could use it in combination with other scripts, if you want).

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » April 17th, 2020, 7:01 pm

xianjiro wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 5:41 pm
If we're talking default sorts, I'd personally prefer to be able to default to "in # of official hotlists" when conducting a search. And of course, there I want high to low, but agree that when I click on runtime, I'm usually looking for shorter movies. But I'd say it's a relatively minor problem.

In iCM Enhanced, I'd rather color code things according to length - I don't personally find the color coding by seen, favorite, and dislike helpful since generally I'm looking for those I haven't seen.

The one issue for runtime sorts is where to put those films with an empty field. I find it somewhat annoying to have to open a bunch of entries to find where actual runtimes start. The other thing with clicking twice to sort, if the header is overly long (v2), it often requires scrolling on the page so that popup menu will display (and I can select runtime). Haven't checked to see if that's still an issue in v3. But again, these are just quirks and every database tool has them. I generally prefer one of the library front-ends over another because the other one is clunky when it comes to filtering of searches (requiring multiple steps/clicks) but the one I use most is only useful (to me) for exact title searches. I always select the other front-end when searching holdings on a topic. So there are always trade-offs.
Did you install chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/options.html#nav=37853794-7020-4bf5-8181-490d386d5493+editor - monk-time's script? (Copy/paste the link and it should take you to chrome extension in tampermonkey; I don't know how else to share the link, though it's probably in the scripts thread somewhere)
I use this all the time. It adds the runtime and number of checks to every film in the list, and allows you to sort by those fields as well as year and # official toplists without reloading the page. It's the script I probably use the most actively (the others I use passively all the time).

And for the color-coding, there's also the watchlist option, which I find very useful when looking at a list of unchecked films, to see which ones I already have watchlisted (I use my icm watchlist to keep track of the films I have or that are readily available for streaming online).

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 17th, 2020, 11:33 pm

mjf314 wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 6:41 pm
@xianjiro: Yes, it's a standalone script (or you could use it in combination with other scripts, if you want).
installed - will let you know if I notice any 'issues' but that's not my expectation

thanks! :cheers:

sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 18th, 2020, 2:28 am

Fergenaprido wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 7:01 pm
xianjiro wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 5:41 pm

Did you install chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/options.html#nav=37853794-7020-4bf5-8181-490d386d5493+editor - monk-time's script? (Copy/paste the link and it should take you to chrome extension in tampermonkey; I don't know how else to share the link, though it's probably in the scripts thread somewhere)
I use this all the time. It adds the runtime and number of checks to every film in the list, and allows you to sort by those fields as well as year and # official toplists without reloading the page. It's the script I probably use the most actively (the others I use passively all the time).

And for the color-coding, there's also the watchlist option, which I find very useful when looking at a list of unchecked films, to see which ones I already have watchlisted (I use my icm watchlist to keep track of the films I have or that are readily available for streaming online).
Just want to be sure: this is the script you are referencing, right?
https://openuserjs.org/scripts/monk-tim ... nfo_labels

sol can find me here

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » April 18th, 2020, 8:19 am

Yes! And the image does a better job of explaining how it works than I could, I think.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » April 18th, 2020, 4:30 pm

For those who care, if you change the script to the following, the list will also filter out all checked films for your convenience:

// ==UserScript==
// ==/UserScript==

}

if (location.href.includes('?sort=runtime&asc')) {
  let allMovies = document.getElementById('listFilterMovies')
  allMovies.classList.remove('active');

let unCheckedMovies = document.getElementById('listFilterUnchecked')
  unCheckedMovies.classList.add('active');

let checkedMovies = document.querySelectorAll('#itemListMovies .listItem');
  for (let j=0; j < checkedMovies.length; ++j) {
    checkedMovies[j].style.display = (checkedMovies[j].classList.contains('checked')) ? "none" : "block";
  }
}

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » April 21st, 2020, 1:27 pm

I'm trying to add a list to iCM but can't get it to work. Public list on IMDb but it says the link is invalid when I try to add by IMDb list URL. When I try to add by movie URL instead it also doesn't work.

"Whoops!
You have specified movies that have not yet been added to iCheckMovies. The missing movies have automatically been added to the movie import queue. You will automatically receive a notificaton when the movies have been imported, if you have specified so in your notification settings."

When I go to the import queue, none of my films are on it. Any ideas?