Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Shorts (Results), 2007 (Nov 22nd), 1932 awards (Nov 24th), Knockout competition (Round 3)
Challenges: Noir, Unofficial, Korean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Saenghwalui balgyeon, December nominations (Nov 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 preparation (Nov 28th)
Film Festival: Main Slate, International, English-Language Independents, Documentaries, Arthouse, Animation, LGBT, Just Before Dawn (Dec 2nd)

New Official List Discussion

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 6862
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

Re: New Official List Discussion

#4121

Post by xianjiro » November 5th, 2019, 4:52 am

if it were alphabetical, then Sol should have been notified of awards before me. I got the message earlier today for three new silvers in the new adoptions

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 23434
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#4122

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » November 5th, 2019, 4:56 am

sol got his 6 hours ago. Same time as you, apparently.

User avatar
sol
Donator
Posts: 6931
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#4123

Post by sol » November 5th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Very nice.

:pleasing:
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 12737
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#4124

Post by Cippenham » November 5th, 2019, 7:23 pm

I got notification a while back as well of awards, yesterday late morning in the Uk

User avatar
72aicm
Donator
Posts: 2856
Joined: Nov 13, 2016
Contact:

#4125

Post by 72aicm » November 5th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Angel Glez wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 2:01 pm
My mistake. Even so, you better than anyone know that a lot of those films are not so prominent to be official checks. That said, I have nothing against the full list (in fact I'm working on it), I just think it's too large to be official and that's easily fixable,
We have an official list of 1000 «noirs», a list of 1000 movies that only contains movies made in a 19 year period, a list that favour movies that no one has seen only eight people have seen (I love that list btw) and this is where you draw your line? :P

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#4126

Post by Ebbywebby » November 5th, 2019, 10:47 pm

72aicm wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 9:39 pm
a list that favour movies that no one has seen only eight people have seen (I love that list btw)
Which list is that?

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 23434
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#4127

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » November 5th, 2019, 11:10 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 10:47 pm
72aicm wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 9:39 pm
a list that favour movies that no one has seen only eight people have seen (I love that list btw)
Which list is that?
DtC? 500<400?

User avatar
Angel Glez
Posts: 2002
Joined: Apr 02, 2012
Location: Spain
Contact:

#4128

Post by Angel Glez » November 6th, 2019, 9:12 am

72aicm wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 9:39 pm
Angel Glez wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 2:01 pm
My mistake. Even so, you better than anyone know that a lot of those films are not so prominent to be official checks. That said, I have nothing against the full list (in fact I'm working on it), I just think it's too large to be official and that's easily fixable,
We have an official list of 1000 «noirs», a list of 1000 movies that only contains movies made in a 19 year period, a list that favour movies that no one has seen only eight people have seen (I love that list btw) and this is where you draw your line? :P
I know what you mean. If I were in charge, things would be different. :guns:

User avatar
WalterNeff
Donator
Posts: 3081
Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Contact:

#4129

Post by WalterNeff » November 6th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Angel Glez wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 9:12 am
72aicm wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 9:39 pm
Angel Glez wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 2:01 pm
My mistake. Even so, you better than anyone know that a lot of those films are not so prominent to be official checks. That said, I have nothing against the full list (in fact I'm working on it), I just think it's too large to be official and that's easily fixable,
We have an official list of 1000 «noirs», a list of 1000 movies that only contains movies made in a 19 year period, a list that favour movies that no one has seen only eight people have seen (I love that list btw) and this is where you draw your line? :P
I know what you mean. If I were in charge, things would be different. :guns:
Just remember, the worst noir is better than the best Godard.

User avatar
OldAle1
Donator
Posts: 3587
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
Location: Dairyland, USA
Contact:

#4130

Post by OldAle1 » November 6th, 2019, 3:20 pm

WalterNeff wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 3:11 pm
Angel Glez wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 9:12 am
72aicm wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 9:39 pm

We have an official list of 1000 «noirs», a list of 1000 movies that only contains movies made in a 19 year period, a list that favour movies that no one has seen only eight people have seen (I love that list btw) and this is where you draw your line? :P
I know what you mean. If I were in charge, things would be different. :guns:
Just remember, the worst noir is better than the best Godard.
How does this apply to À bout de souffle and Alphaville?

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#4131

Post by Ebbywebby » November 6th, 2019, 8:46 pm

WalterNeff wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Just remember, the worst noir is better than the best Godard.
Ah, someone must have dropped a coin into the random WN post generator again...there's always that ticklish moment of suspense before seeing whether "The worst noir is better than the best Godard," "JoachimT should share Amor" or "We need a Pre-Code list" pops out.

User avatar
WalterNeff
Donator
Posts: 3081
Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Contact:

#4132

Post by WalterNeff » November 6th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 8:46 pm
WalterNeff wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Just remember, the worst noir is better than the best Godard.
Ah, someone must have dropped a coin into the random WN post generator again...there's always that ticklish moment of suspense before seeing whether "The worst noir is better than the best Godard," "JoachimT should share Amor" or "We need a Pre-Code list" pops out.
One day you might hit the Trifecta, and all three will pop out in the same post.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9587
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#4133

Post by Knaldskalle » November 7th, 2019, 12:16 am

WalterNeff wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 9:07 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 8:46 pm
WalterNeff wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Just remember, the worst noir is better than the best Godard.
Ah, someone must have dropped a coin into the random WN post generator again...there's always that ticklish moment of suspense before seeing whether "The worst noir is better than the best Godard," "JoachimT should share Amor" or "We need a Pre-Code list" pops out.
One day you might hit the Trifecta, and all three will pop out in the same post.
Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 6862
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#4134

Post by xianjiro » November 7th, 2019, 1:40 am

No, but confusion is. The worst Godard is better than the best noir.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
sol
Donator
Posts: 6931
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#4135

Post by sol » November 7th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 8:46 pm
Ah, someone must have dropped a coin into the random WN post generator again...there's always that ticklish moment of suspense before seeing whether "The worst noir is better than the best Godard," "JoachimT should share Amor" or "We need a Pre-Code list" pops out.
Definitely heard Walter talk about pre-code and noir/Godard multiple times in the past, but what's the joachimt amor thing? :shrug:
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 6862
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#4136

Post by xianjiro » November 7th, 2019, 4:16 pm

sol wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 3:29 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 8:46 pm
Ah, someone must have dropped a coin into the random WN post generator again...there's always that ticklish moment of suspense before seeing whether "The worst noir is better than the best Godard," "JoachimT should share Amor" or "We need a Pre-Code list" pops out.
Definitely heard Walter talk about pre-code and noir/Godard multiple times in the past, but what's the joachimt amor thing? :shrug:
JoachimT has amor (l) and Walter wants it (u) .

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
monclivie
Posts: 347
Joined: Sep 13, 2011
Location: Poland
Contact:

#4137

Post by monclivie » November 7th, 2019, 10:35 pm

xianjiro wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 1:40 am
No, but confusion is. The worst Godard is better than the best noir.
How does this apply to À bout de souffle and Alphaville?

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 6862
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#4138

Post by xianjiro » November 8th, 2019, 12:59 am

monclivie wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 10:35 pm
xianjiro wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 1:40 am
No, but confusion is. The worst Godard is better than the best noir.
How does this apply to À bout de souffle and Alphaville?
That's a question only Walter can answer. I've never been willing to buy his statements re:Godard v noirs and usually did something like stick horror in to further muck up the works.

I'm not a huge fan of Godard's later work, but I've never quite hid that either. Generally I like early Godard for the most part (the black and white years) but some a bit more than others. Not really sure when the crossover from like to not so much happens, but it is clearly that personal style of his that doesn't sit so terribly well with me. Don't believe it's mischaracterisation to say his French New Wave work is what I have enjoyed most, but not sure the exact years of FNW without looking it up.

As for noirs - honestly, I'm somewhat baffled by the amount of love they get as well. Personally, the 100 essential noirs are more than enough for me, but gotta give the people what they want. I think I've seen enough so-called noirs, neo-noirs, post-noirs, and noir-wannabees to say there's plenty of mediocre filmmaking on display and way too often the writing is horrible.

But, on the upside, don't usually have to read a noir and always have to read a Godard.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#4139

Post by Ebbywebby » November 8th, 2019, 1:57 am

xianjiro wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:59 am

That's a question only Walter can answer. I've never been willing to buy his statements re: Godard v noirs
I don't think he really believes it, which just makes it trolling. :(

Some of the most tedious things I've endured just to get checks are those low-budget '40s noirs that wouldn't be official except for the bloated 1000 Noirs list. Even 810 titles is too many. There are still about 450 films only official because of that list, and I seriously doubt many of them are of importance to anyone except genre fanatics.

User avatar
WalterNeff
Donator
Posts: 3081
Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Contact:

#4140

Post by WalterNeff » November 8th, 2019, 2:37 am

Ebbywebby wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 1:57 am
xianjiro wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:59 am

That's a question only Walter can answer. I've never been willing to buy his statements re: Godard v noirs
I don't think he really believes it, which just makes it trolling. :(

Some of the most tedious things I've endured just to get checks are those low-budget '40s noirs that wouldn't be official except for the bloated 1000 Noirs list. Even 810 titles is too many. There are still about 450 films only official because of that list, and I seriously doubt many of them are of importance to anyone except genre fanatics.
The noir vs. Godard thing goes back to ancient iCM times, when Kas was active on the forum and a proponent of Godard. It's a remnant of the times when we had really good arguments fights arguments fights discussions instead of walls of text. Think of it as another way of saying tl;dr or most likely, I disagree with your position but I am constitutionally unable to write more than a paragraph about any topic.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 6862
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#4141

Post by xianjiro » November 8th, 2019, 9:47 am

WalterNeff wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 2:37 am
Ebbywebby wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 1:57 am
xianjiro wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 12:59 am

That's a question only Walter can answer. I've never been willing to buy his statements re: Godard v noirs
I don't think he really believes it, which just makes it trolling. :(

Some of the most tedious things I've endured just to get checks are those low-budget '40s noirs that wouldn't be official except for the bloated 1000 Noirs list. Even 810 titles is too many. There are still about 450 films only official because of that list, and I seriously doubt many of them are of importance to anyone except genre fanatics.
The noir vs. Godard thing goes back to ancient iCM times, when Kas was active on the forum and a proponent of Godard. It's a remnant of the times when we had really good arguments fights arguments fights discussions instead of walls of text. Think of it as another way of saying tl;dr or most likely, I disagree with your position but I am constitutionally unable to write more than a paragraph about any topic.
Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather spend time reading a paragraph of why noir fans love the genre so much more than I have any interest in reading why people love late Godard. I get noir's atmosphere and that it's antithetical to the Hollywood musicals, romances, and war pix that preceded the movement. I get that after WWII, people wanted and needed something grittier, something that approached life on a more realistic level, but that's where the genre fails me. Most of the movies feel just as contrived as most westerns, musicals, and romcoms of the era, probably those war pix as well - though I've no first hand experience that tells me battle wasn't really like John Wayne fighting the bad guys (but I just know it wasn't). But there are great movies that happen to be noirs, I just agree with Ebby about some of those low budget crapfests that were certainly on the old, long noir list - I don't care enough to compare that with the new list, but 1000 femme fatales are about the same as 1000 zombies in my book.

But if forced to choose, I'd pick the dudes in fedoras over dudes with machetes any day.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
sol
Donator
Posts: 6931
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#4142

Post by sol » November 8th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Anybody else notice that the Gangster 101 icon still hasn't been fixed yet?
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

User avatar
WalterNeff
Donator
Posts: 3081
Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Contact:

#4143

Post by WalterNeff » November 8th, 2019, 2:28 pm

xianjiro wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 9:47 am

But if forced to choose, I'd pick the dudes in fedoras over dudes with machetes any day.
:cheers:

blocho
Donator
Posts: 2232
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

#4144

Post by blocho » November 8th, 2019, 5:58 pm

This forum deserves dudes with machetes who wear fedoras.

User avatar
albajos
Posts: 6305
Joined: May 24, 2016
Location: Norway
Contact:

#4145

Post by albajos » November 8th, 2019, 6:46 pm

This forum deserves dudes with machetes who wear fedoras.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 6862
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#4146

Post by xianjiro » November 8th, 2019, 6:47 pm

aw come on, isn't one Hobo with a Shotgun good enough?

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

blocho
Donator
Posts: 2232
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Contact:

#4147

Post by blocho » November 8th, 2019, 6:57 pm

The world was better before Hobo with a Shotgun ever happened.

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#4148

Post by Ebbywebby » November 8th, 2019, 8:49 pm

xianjiro wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 9:47 am

Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather spend time reading a paragraph of why noir fans love the genre so much more than I have any interest in reading why people love late Godard. I get noir's atmosphere and that it's antithetical to the Hollywood musicals, romances, and war pix that preceded the movement. I get that after WWII, people wanted and needed something grittier, something that approached life on a more realistic level, but that's where the genre fails me. Most of the movies feel just as contrived as most westerns, musicals, and romcoms of the era, probably those war pix as well - though I've no first hand experience that tells me battle wasn't really like John Wayne fighting the bad guys (but I just know it wasn't). But there are great movies that happen to be noirs, I just agree with Ebby about some of those low budget crapfests that were certainly on the old, long noir list - I don't care enough to compare that with the new list, but 1000 femme fatales are about the same as 1000 zombies in my book.
I once saw that ham who hosts TCM's "Noir Alley" slot exalt the genre....he raved something to the effect that every noir has the same ingredients, but the fascination is seeing how a different writer or director will shuffle those same ingredients. And I just thought, jeez, that sure sounds limited and dull.

I'm at 199/810 on the large noirs list (not counting a few films that I've most likely seen but am shy to mark). I'd estimate roughly half of the 199 "mattered" to me. Of those I haven't seen, I'd guess about 20 of them pass the "Would I bother DVR-ing it if it were on TV?" test. The most attractive ones are probably "The Long Good Friday," "Underworld," "The Killers" (1964), "Insomnia" (I've seen the American version) and "A Colt Is My Passport."

I recently started to watch "Hangover Square" but lost interest. Thought the musical aspect would hook me more than it did.

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 6862
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#4149

Post by xianjiro » November 8th, 2019, 9:57 pm

blocho wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 6:57 pm
The world was better before Hobo with a Shotgun ever happened.
no argument from me on that! B)

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 6862
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#4150

Post by xianjiro » November 8th, 2019, 10:05 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 8:49 pm
xianjiro wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 9:47 am

Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather spend time reading a paragraph of why noir fans love the genre so much more than I have any interest in reading why people love late Godard. I get noir's atmosphere and that it's antithetical to the Hollywood musicals, romances, and war pix that preceded the movement. I get that after WWII, people wanted and needed something grittier, something that approached life on a more realistic level, but that's where the genre fails me. Most of the movies feel just as contrived as most westerns, musicals, and romcoms of the era, probably those war pix as well - though I've no first hand experience that tells me battle wasn't really like John Wayne fighting the bad guys (but I just know it wasn't). But there are great movies that happen to be noirs, I just agree with Ebby about some of those low budget crapfests that were certainly on the old, long noir list - I don't care enough to compare that with the new list, but 1000 femme fatales are about the same as 1000 zombies in my book.
I once saw that ham who hosts TCM's "Noir Alley" slot exalt the genre....he raved something to the effect that every noir has the same ingredients, but the fascination is seeing how a different writer or director will shuffle those same ingredients. And I just thought, jeez, that sure sounds limited and dull.

I'm at 199/810 on the large noirs list (not counting a few films that I've most likely seen but am shy to mark). I'd estimate roughly half of the 199 "mattered" to me. Of those I haven't seen, I'd guess about 20 of them pass the "Would I bother DVR-ing it if it were on TV?" test. The most attractive ones are probably "The Long Good Friday," "Underworld," "The Killers" (1964), "Insomnia" (I've seen the American version) and "A Colt Is My Passport."

I recently started to watch "Hangover Square" but lost interest. Thought the musical aspect would hook me more than it did.
of those you list, Hangover Square is the only one I haven't seen and I'm at 512/810 - so kinda feel I've given the genre a good go. Will also finish the short list within a month. Probably already have one or two of the three remaining titles on ILL. And luckily, having been cable and basically TV free for decades now, I haven't seen the ham you mention :lol:

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#4151

Post by Ebbywebby » November 8th, 2019, 10:32 pm

xianjiro wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 10:05 pm

of those you list, Hangover Square is the only one I haven't seen and I'm at 512/810 - so kinda feel I've given the genre a good go. Will also finish the short list within a month. Probably already have one or two of the three remaining titles on ILL. And luckily, having been cable and basically TV free for decades now, I haven't seen the ham you mention :lol:
I feel like I should know what "ILL" is.

The ham is named Eddie Muller. I had to look up his last name. He does a lot of TCM movie intros holding a glass of liquor, standing amid a "noir-esque" set and aiming to look cool.

https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/deno ... erview.jpg

http://www.eddiemuller.com/img/sidebets ... 2_x233.jpg

User avatar
WalterNeff
Donator
Posts: 3081
Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Contact:

#4152

Post by WalterNeff » November 8th, 2019, 11:34 pm

Ebbywebby wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 10:32 pm

The ham is named Eddie Muller. I had to look up his last name. He does a lot of TCM movie intros holding a glass of liquor, standing amid a "noir-esque" set and aiming to look cool.
The so-called Czar of Noir endeavors to be as cool and knowledgeable as me. :ph43r:

User avatar
xianjiro
Donator
Posts: 6862
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: Kakistani Left Coast
Contact:

#4153

Post by xianjiro » November 9th, 2019, 1:04 am

Ebbywebby wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 10:32 pm
xianjiro wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 10:05 pm

of those you list, Hangover Square is the only one I haven't seen and I'm at 512/810 - so kinda feel I've given the genre a good go. Will also finish the short list within a month. Probably already have one or two of the three remaining titles on ILL. And luckily, having been cable and basically TV free for decades now, I haven't seen the ham you mention :lol:
I feel like I should know what "ILL" is.

The ham is named Eddie Muller. I had to look up his last name. He does a lot of TCM movie intros holding a glass of liquor, standing amid a "noir-esque" set and aiming to look cool.

https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/deno ... erview.jpg

http://www.eddiemuller.com/img/sidebets ... 2_x233.jpg
ILL = InterLibrary Loan

edit: And if one aims to look anything then one isn't. It's like a fundamental rule.
Last edited by xianjiro on November 9th, 2019, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

User avatar
Ebbywebby
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sep 10, 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

#4154

Post by Ebbywebby » November 9th, 2019, 1:05 am

WalterNeff wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 11:34 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 10:32 pm

The ham is named Eddie Muller. I had to look up his last name. He does a lot of TCM movie intros holding a glass of liquor, standing amid a "noir-esque" set and aiming to look cool.
The so-called Czar of Noir endeavors to be as cool and knowledgeable as me. :ph43r:
You'll have to settle for being the Pre-Czar of Pre-Code.

User avatar
WalterNeff
Donator
Posts: 3081
Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Contact:

#4155

Post by WalterNeff » November 9th, 2019, 1:40 am

Ebbywebby wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 1:05 am
WalterNeff wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 11:34 pm
Ebbywebby wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 10:32 pm

The ham is named Eddie Muller. I had to look up his last name. He does a lot of TCM movie intros holding a glass of liquor, standing amid a "noir-esque" set and aiming to look cool.
The so-called Czar of Noir endeavors to be as cool and knowledgeable as me. :ph43r:
You'll have to settle for being the Pre-Czar of Pre-Code.
:thumbsup:

Post Reply