Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 9 released July 7th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Results), 2019 awards (Jul 11th), 0 Official Lists (Jul 31st)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Picture of Light, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th), Match 2F: Germany vs Iran (Jul 26th)

¶ Short of the Day #114: Summer's Puke is Winter's Delight

Perception de Ambiguity

¶ Short of the Day #114: Summer's Puke is Winter's Delight

Post by Perception de Ambiguity » June 10th, 2017, 9:58 am

"Short of the Day" is the daily discussion of a short.

Tasks:
1) Watch.
2) Discuss.
3) Send me your suggestions for the next Short of the Day per PM, along with links to the shorts and comments, questions for the other users to think about, and/or info about the short.

Detailed project introduction & index: here

Summer's Puke is Winter's Delight (Sawako Kabuki, 2016) :imdb: :letbxd:

NSFW - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKiU9otpIO0
Length: 2 minutes 59 seconds

Suggested by: hurluberlu

Anorexia or rounds of eating, puking and having sex: a priori not the most engaging theme for an anime but the psychedelic pictures, catchy music and somehow true-to-life telling make this highly watchable.

Comments by: hurluberlu
Last edited by Perception de Ambiguity on June 10th, 2017, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dream realityImage
LETTERBOXD | MUBI | IMDb | tumblr.

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 » June 10th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Yesterday's 8 pints and a domino's pizza in my stomach just burbled a little.

I like the intensifying, accelerating pace of the short. The protagonist has more sexual encounters, pukes more and loses weight faster, converging towards a chronic state of delirium, chaos, the feeling of not being in control of ones actions and being submitted to something vile.