Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)

My [Enter Title Here] Film Log

Nuclearplanet

My [Enter Title Here] Film Log

Post by Nuclearplanet » May 26th, 2012, 2:51 pm

For the next two months, I have 3 major exams that will effect pretty much my pathway in life. Meanwhile, I'm having a mild nervous breakdown and the only movies that I've managed to watch are the equivalent to Disney Channel Movie Spin-Offs while mulch-tasking revision questions. Watching Films calm me down, so It's a major effort to stop.

At the moment, I am bored as shit.

I Wish to write a film log detailing my progress of my stress. As their is a correlation between Stress and generic mainstream bullshit, (they're SO easy to watch half-halfheartedly). So here, enjoy my depression.

Edit: I Misspelled My (Enter Title Here) Film Log (fixed it for you :) )
Last edited by Nuclearplanet on May 26th, 2012, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » May 26th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie (1995)

Never has a movie been so unbearable and embarrassing to watch.

:facepalm:

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » May 26th, 2012, 2:59 pm

Real Life (1979)
This wasn't bad at all. Really enjoyable actually. It's just...trying to find something to cheer you up...and watching a movie about a family that suffers from depression. Not that fun. ;)

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » May 26th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Nuclearplanet on May 26 2012, 08:51:57 AM wrote: Edit: I Misspelled My (Enter Title Here) Film Log (fixed it for you :) )
Wow. Didn't realized Admins could edit posts aswell :blink: thanks though :thumbsup:

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 26th, 2012, 3:02 pm

Nuclearplanet on May 26 2012, 09:01:11 AM wrote:
Nuclearplanet on May 26 2012, 08:51:57 AM wrote: Edit: I Misspelled My (Enter Title Here) Film Log (fixed it for you :) )
Wow. Didn't realized Admins could edit posts aswell :blink: thanks though :thumbsup:
Admins can do anything. MWAHAHAHA.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » May 26th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Short Cuts (1993)

Watching this, I slowly feel that Paul Thomas Anderson's Brilliant Film Magnolia is a somewhat rip off of this long, dull and unfunny comedy that didn't cheer me up just made me more of a misanthrope. :down:

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » May 27th, 2012, 4:27 pm

South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut (1999)

I only watched this because my friend (who is a big south park fan) made me watch this. It was possibly the worst thing I've ever witnessed. :wacko:

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 27th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Nuclearplanet on May 27 2012, 10:27:01 AM wrote:Image

I only watched this because my friend (who is a big south park fan) made me watch this. It was possibly the worst thing I've ever witnessed. :wacko:
:( 10/10
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » May 27th, 2012, 4:43 pm

mightysparks on May 27 2012, 10:37:20 AM wrote:
Nuclearplanet on May 27 2012, 10:27:01 AM wrote:Image

:( 10/10
Not my kind of Humor Sadly :( I'm more of a "The Simpsons" Person. ;)

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 27th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Nuclearplanet on May 26 2012, 08:59:48 AM wrote:Image

Real Life (1979)
This wasn't bad at all. Really enjoyable actually. It's just...trying to find something to cheer you up...and watching a movie about a family that suffers from depression. Not that fun. ;)
One of my all time favorite comedies (not to mention films) - but yeah, if you want to cheer yourself up you are kinda watching the wrong movies. :P

(Granted Real Life would cheer me up any day of the week)

If what you are looking for is just a way to relax your nerves I'd recommend seeking out more all out comedy/action stuff. Pure entertainment is the best way to go, and it can go hand in hand with pretty decent craftmanship. You could try some Corbucci westerns (save The Great Silence as it's probably too dark for you) - Try Companeros and The Mercenary. As for comedy it gets a bit harder as I don't know exactly what you like, I'm sure you'll find something. Or maybe you'd be up for some more calm comedies, like Tati for example (though I'm not a fan of him myself).

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » May 27th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Crinderman on May 27 2012, 11:06:13 AM wrote:
Nuclearplanet on May 26 2012, 08:59:48 AM wrote:Image

Real Life (1979)
One of my all time favorite comedies (not to mention films) - but yeah, if you want to cheer yourself up you are kinda watching the wrong movies. :P

(Granted Real Life would cheer me up any day of the week)

If what you are looking for is just a way to relax your nerves I'd recommend seeking out more all out comedy/action stuff. Pure entertainment is the best way to go, and it can go hand in hand with pretty decent craftmanship. You could try some Corbucci westerns (save The Great Silence as it's probably too dark for you) - Try Companeros and The Mercenary. As for comedy it gets a bit harder as I don't know exactly what you like, I'm sure you'll find something. Or maybe you'd be up for some more calm comedies, like Tati for example (though I'm not a fan of him myself).
Ahh Yes! Western Comedies are my favorite! I Shall give The Mercenary ago