Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: The Great White Silence, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Backlog Cleanup

TheRedDeath

Backlog Cleanup

Post by TheRedDeath » December 7th, 2013, 4:55 pm

1913:

Sumerki zhenskoi dushi
Dir.: Yevgeni Bauer
A rich woman doing charity work for the poor is raped by one of the people she was trying to help and this affects the rest of her life.
I really liked this movie, especially due to the feminist vibes it gave off. The main character is awesome. She first kills her rapist, then refuses to take shit from her (ex-)husband, who reacts like an asshole to something that wasn't her fault in any way. I was glad to see that, in the end, she was successful thanks to her own work and had gotten over someone who had treated her so poorly, and then I kind of cheered when she refused to take him back, despite him being oh so sorry... Too little, too late, man. :down:
Last edited by TheRedDeath on December 7th, 2013, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRedDeath

Post by TheRedDeath » December 7th, 2013, 4:58 pm

1914:

Those Love Pangs
Dir.: Charles Chaplin
Charlie's love life sucks, then after much pain, seems to improve a little, only for everything to become much worse.

Too much slapstick for my taste. Also, not the film's fault, but the quality of the video was horrible, which really took me out of the movie.
Last edited by TheRedDeath on December 7th, 2013, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.