Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Game of Thrones

monty

Game of Thrones

Post by monty » June 29th, 2016, 12:44 pm

What if on the last ever episode Arya, Jon, Bran and Sansa fall out of a wardrobe into a quiet stately English country home wondering what the heck just happened?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 3rd, 2016, 10:45 pm

I stopped watching after season 4 (no particular reason, I just stopped watching all TV around the same time), but people seem to talk about it nonstop and I have to keep telling them to ssh because I'm so far behind. Finally decided to start catching up yesterday, watched up to episode 5 of season 5. So far, meh. It feels so cheap and TV-like, I don't really remember what I liked so much about it before. The dialogue and the intimate scenes are cringey as hell, he acting is all over the place, I still only really care about Arya's storyline and I'm so happy Tom Wlaschiha is back :wub: If I'd known I might not have stopped watching.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

monty

Post by monty » July 3rd, 2016, 11:12 pm

@mighty: Tell me if you feel the same after Hardhome (ep8), esp. its second half

monty

Post by monty » July 3rd, 2016, 11:20 pm

Also, you'll forget all about Arya once you get to see Lady Mormont in action (Season 6).

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 6th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Finally caught up with Game of Thrones. It did seem to pick up a bit after it got over all this mushy crap. I definitely feel the first few seasons were much more interesting but the best book was A Storm of Swords and the last book was a total bore. This is mostly due to the unbelievable amount of screen time Daenerys gets. I absolutely despise her character - I always hated her in the show, I hated her in the books, I still hate her. She's the least developed character but for some reason Martin is obsessed with her. She's a terrible arrogant, ignorant, nasty little whinging teenager and I just want someone to slice her head off. Like Joffrey was nicer than that total cow. I don't know if Clarke is a terrible actor so I don't know if I can blame her for the awfulness of Dany but she seriously needs to die. She has fecking dragons and ALL HER STORYLINES ARE THE MOST BORING PIECES OF CRAP EVER.

Otherwise I haven't minded it so much. Bran's storyline was dull. The reveal of Jon's mother was lame coz everyone already knew that any. Arya's storyline was disappointing and I was sad what happened to Jaqen's character because I lurvvvvved him before and he was just flat this time around. I loved the wildfire scene, that was pretty cool. Also was happy The Hound was back because I love The Hound and I loved when he sliced up some douchebags. Umm I was also disappointed with the treatment of Sansa. I hated her in the show and I hated her in the books until a certain point when she became quite complex and interesting and I felt it was kinda dumbed down in the show and her 'transformation' was kinda generic and not believable. I found Jon's storyline a bit more interesting in the show, and I'd gotten bored of him over the last couple of books.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

monty

Post by monty » July 6th, 2016, 5:05 pm

But most importantly, did Lyanna Mormont wow you too?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 6th, 2016, 5:08 pm

monty on Jul 6 2016, 11:05:47 AM wrote:But most importantly, did Lyanna Mormont wow you too?
Not really. The actress had a very commanding voice, but I didn't think her face/actions matched it so she felt awkward to me.

monty

Post by monty » July 6th, 2016, 5:09 pm

Hehe, of course, you would say that. And Hodor then? You did shed a tear over the reveal, didn't you?
Last edited by monty on July 6th, 2016, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 6th, 2016, 5:15 pm

No

Mulholland

Post by Mulholland » July 6th, 2016, 5:23 pm

mightysparks on Jul 6 2016, 11:15:18 AM wrote:No

I had my mum calling me in bits over that

monty

Post by monty » July 6th, 2016, 5:36 pm

Out of curiosity, mighty, when did you last cry over anything depicted on film/TV?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 6th, 2016, 5:51 pm

Whenever an animal is hurt or killed I tend to shed a tear. But otherwise, when my favourite character died in Torchwood, I think. I watched that in 2009. That was also the first and last time I cried over a person dying.
Last edited by mightysparks on July 6th, 2016, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 6th, 2016, 9:44 pm

do you know Horatio from CSI Miami? with the sunglasses and the one-liners? he's a hella meme. Daenerys is the Horatio of GoT. Every one of her conversations ends in her getting some snappy witty eyeroll-inducing remark and I really expect a "YEAAAAAAAAAAA *GUITAR BUM BA DUUMM JAM* WON'T GET FOOLED AGAAAAAIN" to follow but it never happens, only in my head.
Last edited by funkybusiness on July 6th, 2016, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaisnip

Post by jaisnip » January 18th, 2017, 1:37 pm

I've been watching season 6 of Game of Thrones and also started reading books on it.

The books are well written by George .R. R. Martin ( there are total 5 books)

A GAME OF THRONES
A CLASH OF KINGS
A STORM OF SWORDS
A FEAST OF CROWS
A DANCE WITH DRAGONS

one who started watching the series. I suggest you , must read the books also.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » June 21st, 2017, 6:43 pm

They've released a second trailer for Season 7 an hour ago. I will warn users that it may contain more spoilers/reveals than some will want (there's a LOT of new footage in it).

Season 7 Trailer 2 "#Winterishere"

[a LION eats GOD. Gunshots ring out. MATT turns around]
MATT: That's the guy I was telling you about.

Cynical Cinephile

Post by Cynical Cinephile » June 21st, 2017, 8:21 pm

I've seen that trailer half an hour ago, it came up recommended on YouTube. Fucking epic trailer!I'm excited.
The truth is you're Donny, and I'm Walter. But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm tryin' real hard to be The Dude.

:ICM: :letbxd: :imdb:

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » June 21st, 2017, 8:45 pm

outdoorcats on Jun 21 2017, 12:43:16 PM wrote:They've released a second trailer for Season 7 an hour ago. I will warn users that it may contain more spoilers/reveals than some will want (there's a LOT of new footage in it).

Season 7 Trailer 2 "#Winterishere"

I think I'll continue to avoid new season footage, in that case. Can't wait for the premiere.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

monty

Post by monty » June 21st, 2017, 8:45 pm

Forget about those damn dragons - what I'm looking forward the most to is seeing this storyline get a happy ending:

Last edited by monty on June 21st, 2017, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 17th, 2017, 1:54 am

Less than 10 minutes away...here's hoping The Hound and the Brotherhood are in the premiere, they are one of the storylines I am most interested in.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 17th, 2017, 3:35 am

Lo and behold, I ask for The Hound and the Brotherhood, and I get maybe one of my favorite (non-action) scenes of the entire series. The acting, writing, blocking, lighting, music...all combined to make a great little short film of guilt and (believable) redemption. Not to mention the incredibly eerie foreshadowing thrown in there as well.

Between the vision and the fire, the remarkably disturbing nightmare fuel of that shot which followed the main titles, there's an incredibly ominous dread permeating much of the episode. A sense some really bad things are going to happen this season. I can't be the only one who felt it. It also seems like some shit is going down at Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. Watch out Tormund! Which made me realize, everyone has seemingly assumed the Wall will spectacularly come down at some point. What if the WWers just break through at Eastwatch? (the potentially good side effect of that is that Dolorous Edd may have gotten a second lease on life...at least he seems less obviously doomed than he previously did)
Last edited by outdoorcats on July 17th, 2017, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cynical Cinephile

Post by Cynical Cinephile » July 17th, 2017, 1:08 pm

Awesome episode. Highlights for me were opening and the Hound scene (agree with outdoorcats).
The truth is you're Donny, and I'm Walter. But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm tryin' real hard to be The Dude.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 23rd, 2017, 6:16 pm

Are we the only ones watching? Very curious about tonight. GoT has taught me that a lot can happen in "Episode 2"s...

Cynical Cinephile

Post by Cynical Cinephile » July 23rd, 2017, 7:00 pm

I don't think we're alone, maybe others just aren't in the mood to discuss it. :shrug:

The fact that the season itself is shorter than usual and that we're getting close to the end, I feel that there won't be a lot of filler this season. I expect big things to start happening early. We'll know soon enough.

A lot of things were hinted in the first episode; I'm not exactly sure what any of it means. Euron's promise to Cersei is one of those, what is this gift he's talking about? I assume he wants to capture Tyrion and bring him to Cersei, so I expect a naval battle this season (pretty sure it's not gonna happen tonight, though). Could Jorah possibly create a greyscale pandemic?

The thing I'm most excited about is The Hound VS The Mountainstein battle, that has to happen!

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 23rd, 2017, 7:16 pm

I at first thought Euron's gift was Tyrion (my stomach sank as soon as I heard him say it). But it could also be one or all of the Sand Snakes, or... read no further if you haven't read the books, it may or may not be a game-changing spoiler if they decide to use this unused element from the books...
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
the dragon-binding horn Victarion plans to use in the books. Or it could be the Horn of Winter for another left-field prediction.
I originally thought a grayscale pandemic would reach Westeros via Jorah, but with him contained in a leper colony of sorts, it seems like its contained for now. Looks like Jorah will potentially get a more heroic arc (and, I have a bold prediction to make...in an ironic, super G.R.R.M.-y twist, Jorah who we expect to die every season will be one of the characters who survives the run of the show).

It's interesting that I always assumed there would be a "Cleganebowl" of sorts, but after last episode I'm more interested to see The Hound become an unlikely hero in the North fighting White Walkers. It's so much more unexpected and therefore satisfying. Still, they have to at least meet somehow before it's all over...right?
Last edited by outdoorcats on July 23rd, 2017, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cynical Cinephile

Post by Cynical Cinephile » July 23rd, 2017, 7:39 pm

outdoorcats on Jul 23 2017, 01:16:40 PM wrote:I at first thought Euron's gift was Tyrion (my stomach sank as soon as I heard him say it). But it could also be one or all of the Sand Snakes, or... read no further if you haven't read the books, it may or may not be a game-changing spoiler if they decide to use this unused element from the books...
the dragon-binding horn Victarion plans to use in the books. Or it could be the Horn of Winter for another left-field prediction.
I didn't read the books, but I'm aware of most of the unused storylines. I don't expect that dragon-binding horn will be addressed in the series. I'd be happy if he offs Sand Snakes, I'm not a fan of them.
outdoorcats on wrote:I originally thought a grayscale pandemic would reach Westeros via Jorah, but with him contained in a leper colony of sorts, it seems like its contained for now. Looks like Jorah will potentially get a more heroic arc (and, I have a bold prediction to make...in an ironic, super G.R.R.M.-y twist, Jorah who we expect to die every season will be one of the characters who survives the run of the show).
Good call on Jorah, he was supposed to die long ago. At this point, I'm convinced he'll survive greyscale, we know Shireen did, so we know it's possible. I think Sam will figure it out and it'll probably have something to do with dragonglass. Regardless of that, Jorah may have gotten in contact with someone off screen.
outdoorcats on wrote:It's interesting that I always assumed there would be a "Cleganebowl" of sorts, but after last episode I'm more interested to see The Hound become an unlikely hero in the North fighting White Walkers. It's so much more unexpected and therefore satisfying. Still, they have to at least meet somehow before it's all over...right?
The Hound's vision may signify that his place is in the North, but if he never got to actually fight The Mountain, I'd feel that his story was unresolved.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 23rd, 2017, 9:02 pm

It would be pretty convenient if he got rid of the Sand Snakes, but wouldn't it be cool if Tyrion offed them instead (even though that might ruin his and Dany's relationship)? I'm wondering how that's going to go down if he ever meets them, given they murdered his niece.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 24th, 2017, 1:39 am

Cynical Cinephile on Jul 23 2017, 01:39:17 PM wrote:
outdoorcats on wrote:It's interesting that I always assumed there would be a "Cleganebowl" of sorts, but after last episode I'm more interested to see The Hound become an unlikely hero in the North fighting White Walkers. It's so much more unexpected and therefore satisfying. Still, they have to at least meet somehow before it's all over...right?
The Hound's vision may signify that his place is in the North, but if he never got to actually fight The Mountain, I'd feel that his story was unresolved.
I think the "Cleganebowl" thing is fans en masse willfully ignoring The Hound as a character, and his character arc, for the potential of a meme. The whole of his progression seems to be leading to a realization of individualism. I mean, everyone refers to him as The Hound. He's a dog. He's always subservient to someone else but throughout the second half of the series has slowly moved towards tackling the issue of himself as an individual and the consequences of his actions. First he's "Joffrey's dog", then attempts to escape his role, needs money, happens upon Arya, defers wholly to her while "attempting to ransom her" back to various family members, but his role here is clear and is why he doesn't die fighting Brienne. Then he becomes involved in McShane's church crew, but not due to religiosity* but because it allows him his previous role of obedient underling (and why he is so upset when the rogue Brothers murder McShane and crew). And of course, now he's with Dondarrion, and has accepted his role once again but I don't think it will last (or, as it stands, I think, it would be a huge disservice to his character to make him devout to the Red God). I think, either the end of this season or some time next, will find Sandor Clegane dead, but on his own terms, having found himself as an individual, not as pawn.

(see: the funeral scene in 701, "fuck it I forgot the rest" of the religious service, but accepting of the consequence of his actions, and of his being, independent of a superior.)

edit: I realize I skipped addressing The Mountain entirely. I don't think Sandor cares anymore, and stopped caring some time in season three, having dealt with running away from his duties due to his fear of fire (caused by his childhood incident with his brother), and then attempted the whole Arya ransom situation, but was sidelined from said dealing with issues because, uh, well, he was supposed to be dead for two seasons. The fire visions scene seemed almost a retread of his time with Dondarrion in S3. Whether the visions are real or not isn't important, but that he defers to his previous position of pawn is the important issue (parallel and contradictory to his ongoing attempt at understanding himself see note above re:funeral) , and will be the momentum for his character this season.

Also, The Mountain isn't much The Mountain anymore, is he? Nor does anyone but Cersei and Qyburn (and the audience) know it's him, right?
Last edited by funkybusiness on July 24th, 2017, 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 24th, 2017, 3:30 am

In the TV show, the Mountain is still referred to openly as Gregor Clegane (not "Ser Robert Strong" like in the books).

Anyway, another great episode full of small surprises and gradual buildup. There was nothing on the level of a Purple Wedding or a Jon resurrection, but more place setting, capped off by a magnificent-looking (if a little too hectically edited?) action set-piece that throws both a wrench in Daenerys' plans and Theon's progression to bravery. It also did a pretty good job making Euron look cool and badass as hell (evil, I know...very evil...but you have to admit he's kind of hot) while doing the audience the fanservice of swiftly
dispatching two of the cousin-murdering, sociopathic Sand Snakes (Whale Rider and Colleen Wing)

I'm starting to wonder if the Jon-Sansa discord that was so heavily played up in the trailers will turn out to be a bit of a red herring (not that it's not a factor, but Sansa will ultimately stay loyal to Jon) and it's a looming Daenerys-Tyrion discord we should be worried about...Olenna's advice seemed like a bit of foreshadowing, and at least half of the plan she set in motion following his advice just failed spectacularly.

What did you all think of the return of
Nymeria?
Why did
she reject Arya? (besides, "YOU HIT ME WITH A ROCK AND IT HURT, DAMMIT"
:angry:
There are a lot of potential ways to read that scene, but I think Arya's line at the end of the scene is the clue.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 24th, 2017, 7:54 am

The
Nymeria
scene was a bold face type print METAPHOR for
Arya
, right? Which seems definitely like what they're were trying to achieve, but it doesn't work because
Arya was being a lone wolf until she decided to head back up North. :/
boo. Obviously, the TV writing crew aren't quite up to snuff with GRRM (and don't have the 30-ish years to write it...) (the dialogue during the round table war room scene was kind of awful...)

and yeah Pilou Asbæk is real good this season. But, for how well done the whole final scene was, the shot of him coming down on the bowsprit looked terribly fake and disjointed compared to everything else.

re: this week's deaths
Of course cutest Sand Sister lives! :/
re: this week's obligatory nudity
Ugggh leaving up hanging as to what was hanging, right? I mean, how Eunuchized is Grey Worm. Doesn't matter, still got a tongue that works.
Also, fuck my previous post about the Cleganebowl because I realized that Sandor is going up North, gonna get himself killed by the White Walkers, then get zombified and then come on down south and guess what we got? Zombie Cleganebowl! Why not go whole-hog on the zombie craze cash-in?

A-also, instead of Cleganebowl, I think our actual, eventual "bowl" will be Tommy "Littlefinger" Carcetti v. Varys the Hairless (why was he never called this D;)
Last edited by funkybusiness on July 24th, 2017, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cynical Cinephile

Post by Cynical Cinephile » July 24th, 2017, 11:43 am

Well, that naval battle came earlier than I expected, looked awesome as well. Good call on Euron being after Sand Snakes and Ellaria. Btw, he's a fucking badass.

I agree with funkybusiness regarding Nymeria. I believe it signifies that that chapter (innocence) of Arya's life is long gone.

Good episode overall, looks like entire season will be action packed.

Cynical Cinephile

Post by Cynical Cinephile » July 24th, 2017, 10:34 pm

Some insight into Arya and Nymeria

Or just read this:
Back in Season 1, Ned Stark comes across his younger daughter balancing on the stairs in a Red Keep hallway. Sitting together, he offers Arya a glimpse of what her happy future could be: marriage and children. Knowing herself even then, the young girl looks at her father and simply says, “No, That’s not me.”

Now in Season 7, Arya asks her direwolf to come home with her, but is rejected by the creature. Disappointed at first, she realizes that, just like her, Nymeria is not meant to be tamed.
Or you can just watch the video:

Coco LaBerge

Post by Coco LaBerge » July 24th, 2017, 11:56 pm

I didn't like it as much as the first episode, there were some ok parts. Especially :
The Sand Snakes getting offed, I hated the Sand Snakes and everything about them. Good riddance.
Agreed there was some bad dialog, and Emilia Clarke met her usual acting standard (woeful). The action at the end was sweet though.

As often is the case time was wasted on cheesy love/sex scenes and the like, which could be dealt with much quicker. When there's so much to get through it always frustrates me. The first episode was great and packed with most good plot scenes from start to finish. No Hound in this episode either, the Hound is awesome.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 25th, 2017, 3:34 am

You really thought the Missandei/Grey Worm scene was cheesy? :shrug: It was pretty gorgeous to me.

Also, when I see users worrying a lot about "time being wasted" on the wrong things close to the end game of a show, I remember how everyone was saying the same during during the first half of Breaking Bad's final season. And as with that show, there will be a lot of benefit to hindsight in evaluating those scenes because we can't see right now how close we are to the endgame of everyone's storylines (and I think we're very close). Or, for that matter, how much faster the show is going to start accelerating in the final stretch of episodes. In the meantime, it's important to keep padding out the big set-pieces and the big twists with quieter moments which explore the characters. That way their fates will actually matter to us a little once those big set-pieces happen. In my humble opinion.

Overall I think Benioff & Weiss write better dialogue than George R. R. Martin. Don't get me wrong, Martin is the master storyteller who created something both unique and which instantly feels like a canonical work of pop literature the moment you first read it...but all five books published thus far have a number of moments of cringe-worthy dialogue that a lot of ASoIaF readers tend to forget.
Last edited by outdoorcats on July 25th, 2017, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 25th, 2017, 7:57 am

I didn't mind the sex scene but thought the timing of it odd. Wouldn't it have played better last season when, ya know, their city was being attacked and was on fire and shit? rather than maybe one or two or three episodes before Grey Worm actually goes off to battle? (but ultimately, I'm with you, outdoorcats, the intimate scenes are worthwhile and necessary (Hot Pie is underrated. as Arya's foil, exposition-shoveler and as a chef.))

and no, seriously. I can't believe Diana Rigg actually let them make her say "be a dragon".

Coco LaBerge

Post by Coco LaBerge » July 25th, 2017, 11:33 am

outdoorcats on Jul 24 2017, 09:34:44 PM wrote:You really thought the Missandei/Grey Worm scene was cheesy? :shrug: It was pretty gorgeous to me.

Also, when I see users worrying a lot about "time being wasted" on the wrong things close to the end game of a show, I remember how everyone was saying the same during during the first half of Breaking Bad's final season. And as with that show, there will be a lot of benefit to hindsight in evaluating those scenes because we can't see right now how close we are to the endgame of everyone's storylines (and I think we're very close). Or, for that matter, how much faster the show is going to start accelerating in the final stretch of episodes. In the meantime, it's important to keep padding out the big set-pieces and the big twists with quieter moments which explore the characters. That way their fates will actually matter to us a little once those big set-pieces happen. In my humble opinion.

Overall I think Benioff & Weiss write better dialogue than George R. R. Martin. Don't get me wrong, Martin is the master storyteller who created something both unique and which instantly feels like a canonical work of pop literature the moment you first read it...but all five books published thus far have a number of moments of cringe-worthy dialogue that a lot of ASoIaF readers tend to forget.
I thought the start of the scene was decent, and I thought it was a good character development point, nicely done especially as Natalie Emmanuel can act well. As usual though it had to be extended to add some titillation, and show off some attractive bodies. I'm very far from a prude, but it's become an annoying cliche with this show now and I'm sick of it.

It's not a final season thing really, to me the show's always seemed rushed, inevitable when you have so many characters and plot lines to follow. I've always felt they wasted time on needless scenes, like a cleaning bedpans montage. But I take your point.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 29th, 2017, 1:36 am

funkybusiness on Jul 25 2017, 01:57:27 AM wrote:I didn't mind the sex scene but thought the timing of it odd. Wouldn't it have played better last season when, ya know, their city was being attacked and was on fire and shit? rather than maybe one or two or three episodes before Grey Worm actually goes off to battle? (but ultimately, I'm with you, outdoorcats, the intimate scenes are worthwhile and necessary (Hot Pie is underrated. as Arya's foil, exposition-shoveler and as a chef.))

and no, seriously. I can't believe Diana Rigg actually let them make her say "be a dragon".
I know lots of people think it's foreshadowing something bad will happen to Grey Worm in the coming battle. Though I know enough of D&D's tricks at this point that I suspect it very well could be intentionally leading us in that direction just to make his scenes a little more suspenseful.
I'm very far from a prude, but it's become an annoying cliche with this show now and I'm sick of it.
I'm partially with you! I am bored with sex/nudity scenes that are clearly there to fill HBO's nudity quota and usually feature anonymous female characters recreating fantasies for male viewers (for example: basically every scene in Littlefinger's brothel in the first 4 seasons and many others). But I was a big fan of the Missandei/Grey Worm scene because the actors had great chemistry, and it was quite romantic as well as genuinely hot for once. They're at least the best couple since Jon and Ygritte.
Last edited by outdoorcats on July 29th, 2017, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lilarcor
Donator

Post by Lilarcor » July 29th, 2017, 1:59 am

Been thinking about the last episode (ep. 2) a bit and I predict / hope that
ridiculous theoryShow
Gendry will pick up Reek in his rowboat in the next episode. Boom, Iron Throne curveball. B)
(I haven't read around if this is realistic because I like to be surprised by the show)

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 29th, 2017, 7:08 am

Lilarcor on Jul 28 2017, 07:59:20 PM wrote:Been thinking about the last episode (ep. 2) a bit and I predict / hope that
ridiculous theoryShow
Gendry will pick up Reek in his rowboat in the next episode. Boom, Iron Throne curveball. B)
(I haven't read around if this is realistic because I like to be surprised by the show)
so...Gendry's been rowing a boat for...3 years now? His muscles will be even more fangirl/boy-enticing.

monty

Post by monty » July 29th, 2017, 10:23 am

Am I the only one feeling that the show has taken a dip in quality this season? Lots of clunky dialogue and egregious filler material. And the show's predictability is beginning to bore me - it seems the showrunners have been paying close attention to fan boards. Next up: a steamy sex scene with Tormund and Brienne, with lots of juicy steak chewing thrown in for good measure...
Last edited by monty on July 29th, 2017, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » July 29th, 2017, 2:49 pm

That was my one problem with Season 6 - you could call a lot of the major shots before they happened - there's a little of that so far but I'm less sure where this season is going. Little things like Nymeria walking away from Arya are just the kind of rejection-of-fan-service the show needs at this point. Hopefully there's much more of that moving forward.
Last edited by outdoorcats on July 29th, 2017, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.