Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: Durak, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

LastFM

mightysparks
Site Admin

LastFM

Post by mightysparks » January 31st, 2012, 7:48 pm

Anyone here on LastFM?

Here's my awesome self: http://www.last.fm/user/MightySparks
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

LarsC

Post by LarsC » January 31st, 2012, 8:01 pm

LarsC on Jan 31 2012, 12:51:19 PM wrote:http://www.last.fm/user/rene_hender
Your musical compatibility with MightySparks is VERY LOW

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 31st, 2012, 8:05 pm

LarsC on Jan 31 2012, 01:01:09 PM wrote:
LarsC on Jan 31 2012, 12:51:19 PM wrote:http://www.last.fm/user/rene_hender
Your musical compatibility with MightySparks is VERY LOW
Used to that :(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

sebby

Post by sebby » January 31st, 2012, 8:06 pm

http://www.last.fm/user/shesmylovernow

That stats page in your sidebar is awesome, mightysparks. Where does it come from? I want to steal it.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 31st, 2012, 8:09 pm

sebby on Jan 31 2012, 01:06:49 PM wrote:http://www.last.fm/user/shesmylovernow

That stats page in your sidebar is awesome, mightysparks. Where does it come from? I want to steal it.
It is indeed awesome. It's from this site:
http://lastfm.shikaka.net/index.php?stat=want

sebby

Post by sebby » January 31st, 2012, 8:14 pm

Thanks!

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » January 31st, 2012, 8:40 pm

Think it's on my sig. But I'm at http://www.last.fm/user/allya1

Your musical compatibility with shesmylovernow is Low
Music you have in common includes Bob Dylan, The Ronettes, Jacques Dutronc, Townes Van Zandt and The Beatles.

Your musical compatibility with rene_hender is Very Low
Music you have in common includes Veronica Maggio, Feist, El Perro del Mar, The Kills and Death Cab for Cutie.

Your musical compatibility with MightySparks is Very Low
Music you have in common includes Mylène Farmer, The Beatles, The Ronettes, Pixies and The Strokes.

Everyone's compatibility with me will be pretty low unless you listen to a lot of '60s and/or French music.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 31st, 2012, 8:45 pm

allisoncm on Jan 31 2012, 01:40:42 PM wrote:Think it's on my sig. But I'm at http://www.last.fm/user/allya1

Music you have in common includes Bob Dylan, The Ronettes, Jacques Dutronc, Townes Van Zandt and The Beatles.

Music you have in common includes Veronica Maggio, Feist, El Perro del Mar, The Kills and Death Cab for Cutie.

Your musical compatibility with MightySparks is Very Low
Music you have in common includes Mylène Farmer, The Beatles, The Ronettes, Pixies and The Strokes.

Everyone's compatibility with me will be pretty low unless you listen to a lot of '60s and/or French music.
I listen to a lot of 60s, but not so much French music :P Although I was really into the 60s when I was 14-16 and those tracks weren't scrobbled :(

Btw, you listen to a lot of female artists :O I can name about 3 that I like off the top of my head and a handful of other random songs.

LarsC

Post by LarsC » January 31st, 2012, 8:54 pm

allisoncm on Jan 31 2012, 01:40:42 PM wrote:Everyone's compatibility with me will be pretty low unless you listen to a lot of '60s and/or French music.
If I'd started scrobbling a few years ago, or if my record player could scrobble, our compatibility would be better. 60's music sounds better on vinyl.

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » January 31st, 2012, 9:16 pm

Mine: http://www.last.fm/user/Nopros

Did a bit of scrobbling in 2009, but then I didn't used it before a couple of months a go. Have been scrobbling from Spotify since then.

Your musical compatibility with allya1 is LOW
Music you have in common includes Melody Gardot, The Kinks, Tiziano Ferro, Bob Dylan and Rufus Wainwright.

Your musical compatibility with MightySparks is LOW
Music you have in common includes Bobby Vee, Herman's Hermits, South Park, Simon & Garfunkel and a-ha.

Your musical compatibility with rene_hender is LOW
Music you have in common includes Frost, Veronica Maggio, Maria Mena, M83 and Röyksopp.

Your musical compatibility with shesmylovernow is HIGH
Music you have in common includes Van Morrison, The Kinks, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Smiths and The Flying Burrito Brothers.

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » January 31st, 2012, 9:17 pm

I wish you could manually add songs you heard in the store or stuff like that. Sometimes when that happens or I'll hear a song in a movie, I'll listen to it again on iTunes so it can get scrobbled! :)

LarsC

Post by LarsC » January 31st, 2012, 9:29 pm

I tried to make spotify playlists of some of my record collection but most songs weren't available. So instead I have stopped looking for digital versions and play even the simple stuff on vinyl. Or on cd after I rediscovered my cd's.

wuzzawuzz

Post by wuzzawuzz » January 31st, 2012, 9:39 pm

Hurray, a Last.FM thread. One of the first things to check out when I join a forum...

Here's mine... http://www.last.fm/user/Wuzzawuzz

MightySparks - Medium
rene_hender - High
shesmylovernow - Super
allya1 - Very High
Nopros - Medium

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » January 31st, 2012, 9:43 pm

Here it is: http://www.last.fm/user/lampadatriste

Your musical compatibility with rene_hender is VERY HIGH
Music you have in common includes M83, Destroyer, Tame Impala, Panda Bear and CANT.

Your musical compatibility with shesmylovernow is VERY HIGH
Music you have in common includes Love, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Philip Glass and The National.

^_^

Everyone else's compatibility with me is low.

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » January 31st, 2012, 9:44 pm

We're super too, wuzzawuzz.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 31st, 2012, 9:47 pm

For some reason my neighbours tend to be 50 year old German men :/ I don't know what that says about my taste.

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » January 31st, 2012, 9:48 pm

That is very funny. Mine are usually north american 15-year-olds. :&#092;

Kasparius

Post by Kasparius » January 31st, 2012, 9:49 pm

lampadatriste on Jan 31 2012, 02:43:46 PM wrote:Here it is: http://www.last.fm/user/lampadatriste

Your musical compatibility with rene_hender is VERY HIGH
Music you have in common includes M83, Destroyer, Tame Impala, Panda Bear and CANT.

Your musical compatibility with shesmylovernow is VERY HIGH
Music you have in common includes Love, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Philip Glass and The National.

^_^

Everyone else's compatibility with me is low.
I love Love, Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Philip Glass. Don't know the National, but will now look into it.

LarsC

Post by LarsC » January 31st, 2012, 9:56 pm

mightysparks on Jan 31 2012, 02:47:00 PM wrote:For some reason my neighbours tend to be 50 year old German men :/ I don't know what that says about my taste.
I know, but you don't want me to tell you :ermm:

Gorro
Donator

Post by Gorro » January 31st, 2012, 9:59 pm

http://www.last.fm/user/Gorro

Compatibility:

MightySparks: Very High
lampadatriste: Super
Wuzzawuzz: Super
Nopros: Low
allya1: Very Low
shesmylovernow: Low
rene_hender: Very High
Last edited by Gorro on January 31st, 2012, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » January 31st, 2012, 10:10 pm

mightysparks on Jan 31 2012, 02:47:00 PM wrote:For some reason my neighbours tend to be 50 year old German men :/ I don't know what that says about my taste.
lampadatriste on Jan 31 2012, 02:48:24 PM wrote:That is very funny. Mine are usually north american 15-year-olds. :&#092;
Mine are usually people in their twenties....from the Russian Federation or Brazil. :D

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » January 31st, 2012, 10:10 pm

Kasparius on Jan 31 2012, 02:49:14 PM wrote:I love Love, Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Philip Glass. Don't know the National, but will now look into it.
I can only say it's the band I heard the most since 2005, though I think I'd have no idea about it if it weren't for Last.fm. I like their early stuff (especially Alligator) better than the more recent records. I think that you'll like the lyrics, at least. Matt Berninger is an amazing writer.

Mightysparks, you listen to A LOT of music! We should have higher compatibility, I like most of the stuff you hear that I know. It was nice spotting Summertime Clothes by Animal Collective so high in your year songs chart. I definitely need to listen to the rock, folk, songwriters and pop classics more.
Last edited by lampadatriste on January 31st, 2012, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » January 31st, 2012, 10:14 pm

Gorro, I nearly died seeing you go from Destroyer :wub: to Lana del Rey :pinch:

Gorro
Donator

Post by Gorro » January 31st, 2012, 10:18 pm

lampadatriste on Jan 31 2012, 03:14:48 PM wrote:Gorro, I nearly died seeing you go from Destroyer :wub: to Lana del Rey :pinch:
I really like the song Video Games, so I wanted to check out the album. Its OK, but Video Games is by far the best song on it. Don't think I will listen to it a lot from now on. Destroyer on the other hand, I'm completely in love with at the moment :wub: . Only know the new album though, are his other albums as good?
Last edited by Gorro on January 31st, 2012, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 31st, 2012, 10:20 pm

lampadatriste on Jan 31 2012, 03:10:37 PM wrote:Mightysparks, you listen to A LOT of music! We should have higher compatibility, I like most of the stuff you hear that I know. It was nice spotting Summertime Clothes by Animal Collective so high in your year songs chart. I definitely need to listen to the rock, folk, songwriters and pop classics more.
Hm, odd. I tend to jump around a lot, but I stick very much in the same area of music. I'm pretty random with music though :( as well as movies I guess.

I can't even remember how I came across Summertime Clothes but I fell in love with it instantly. Became rather obsessed with it for a while as well. I've listened to a little more of Animal Collective but didn't go crazy over anything else and decided to just revisit them another time.

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » January 31st, 2012, 10:39 pm

Gorro on Jan 31 2012, 03:18:03 PM wrote:
lampadatriste on Jan 31 2012, 03:14:48 PM wrote:Gorro, I nearly died seeing you go from Destroyer :wub: to Lana del Rey :pinch:
I really like the song Video Games, so I wanted to check out the album. Its OK, but Video Games is by far the best song on it. Don't think I will listen to it a lot from now on. Destroyer on the other hand, I'm completely in love with at the moment :wub: . Only know the new album though, are his other albums as good?
I don't understand her, I guess. Not even the singles.

About Destroyer, I totally recommend his previous work. Just yesterday I tried to rank the albums and Kaputt is maybe the third best. His use of melodic loops and the 80s fm romantic music is really great there, it goes further than before and sometimes works even comically.

From best to not so good:

Streethawk: A Seduction
Your Blues
Kaputt / Trouble in Dreams (even)
Rubies
This Night

I never heard the other 3.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » January 31st, 2012, 11:22 pm

http://www.last.fm/user/bal3x

Your musical compatibility with MightySparks is VERY HIGH
Music you have in common includes Sparks, The Beatles, Ultravox, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark and Depeche Mode.

Your musical compatibility with rene_hender is VERY LOW
Music you have in common includes Imperiet, PJ Harvey, Kate Bush and The Rolling Stones.

Your musical compatibility with shesmylovernow is HIGH
Music you have in common includes The Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, The Kinks, The Beatles and Scott Walker.

Your musical compatibility with allya1 is VERY LOW
Music you have in common includes Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Kinks, Beck and The Strokes.

Your musical compatibility with Nopros is MEDIUM
Music you have in common includes Morrissey, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, The Who and Elton John.

Your musical compatibility with Wuzzawuzz is SUPER
Music you have in common includes Frank Zappa, Todd Rundgren, Yes, Jethro Tull and Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band.

Your musical compatibility with lampadatriste is MEDIUM
Music you have in common includes Yo La Tengo, Robert Wyatt, Lou Reed, Bob Dylan and Scott Walker.

Your musical compatibility with Gorro is LOW
Music you have in common includes Blonde Redhead, Lou Reed, The Beatles, Editors and The Strokes.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » January 31st, 2012, 11:58 pm

http://www.last.fm/user/nimimerkillinen

MightySparks: Very Low
lampadatriste: Medium
Wuzzawuzz: Medium
Nopros: Very Low
allya1: Very Low
shesmylovernow: Low
rene_hender: Medium
bal3x: Very Low

: o
Last edited by nimimerkillinen on January 31st, 2012, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kowry

Post by Kowry » February 1st, 2012, 12:00 am

I have had maybe three accounts. I deleted the former ones because I became too self-conscious about the stuff I listened to and it distracted me. But then I star thinking that I want to view my listening habits and make a new one. I made my current account about a year ago.

http://www.last.fm/user/korvy

Enigma

Post by Enigma » February 1st, 2012, 12:05 am

Lilarcor
Donator

Post by Lilarcor » February 1st, 2012, 12:13 am

http://www.last.fm/user/Lilarc0r

Your musical compatibility with shesmylovernow is MEDIUM
Music you have in common includes Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Philip Glass, Johann Sebastian Bach, Ludwig van Beethoven and Bobb Trimble.

Your musical compatibility with lampadatriste is HIGH
Music you have in common includes Destroyer, M83, Real Estate, James Blake and Fucked Up.

Your musical compatibility with nimimerkillinen is MEDIUM
Music you have in common includes Nils Frahm, Negative Plane, M83, Tim Hecker and Bongripper.

Rest are low / very low. :D

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 1st, 2012, 12:18 am

http://www.last.fm/user/ArthurYanthar

Unfortunately I scrobble everything I listen to, the majority of it being bad stuff.

Your musical compatibility with MightySparks is High
Music you have in common includes Sparks, The Beach Boys, Liars, Desire and New Order.

Your musical compatibility with rene_hender is Super
Music you have in common includes St. Vincent, Dirty Beaches, Rome, Colin Stetson and Sleigh Bells.

Music you have in common includes Scott Walker, The Beach Boys, Big Star, Brian Eno and 13th Floor Elevators.

Your musical compatibility with allya1 is Medium
Music you have in common includes Françoise Hardy, Serge Gainsbourg, Death Grips, Camille and Alain Bashung.

I gave Hardy 5 stars I'll have to check out more of her stuff

Your musical compatibility with Nopros is Low
Music you have in common includes Sigur Rós, David Lynch, Björk, St. Vincent and Kronos Quartet.

Your musical compatibility with Wuzzawuzz is Super
Music you have in common includes Kate Bush, Brian Eno, St. Vincent, Janelle Monáe and Cocteau Twins.

Your musical compatibility with lampadatriste is Very High
Music you have in common includes Brian Eno, Grimes, Robert Wyatt, Einstürzende Neubauten and Venetian Snares.

Your musical compatibility with Gorro is Low
Music you have in common includes Graveyard, Desire, Sigur Rós, Portishead and Björk.

Your musical compatibility with bal3x is High
Music you have in common includes Sparks, Kate Bush, Brian Eno, Robert Wyatt and Scott Walker.

Your musical compatibility with nimimerkillinen is Low
Music you have in common includes Andy Stott, Rome, My Bloody Valentine, Haus Arafna and Stereolab.

Your musical compatibility with korvy is High
Music you have in common includes Kate Bush, Leonard Cohen, Melvins, Killing Joke and Robert Wyatt.

Your musical compatibility with Sjokoholiker is Low
Music you have in common includes Kate Bush, Bon Iver, Jónsi, Dinosaur Jr. and Guided By Voices.

Added everyone that's very high or higher.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

VincentPrice

Post by VincentPrice » February 1st, 2012, 12:22 am

http://www.last.fm/user/VincentPrice Whoever wants to add me, go ahead!

Your musical compatibility with MightySparks is Very High
Your musical compatibility with shesmylovernow is Very High
Your musical compatibility with allya1 is Low
Your musical compatibility with Nopros is Very High
Your musical compatibility with Wuzzawuzz is Very High
Your musical compatibility with lampadatriste is Low
Your musical compatibility with Gorro is Medium
Your musical compatibility with bal3x is Very High
Your musical compatibility with nimimerkillinen is Very Low
Your musical compatibility with korvy is Very High
Your musical compatibility with Sjokoholiker is Very High
Your musical compatibility with Lilarc0r is Low
Your musical compatibility with ArthurYanthar is Low
Last edited by VincentPrice on February 1st, 2012, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » February 1st, 2012, 12:36 am

Enigma on Jan 31 2012, 05:05:27 PM wrote:http://www.last.fm/user/Sjokoholiker
Your musical compatibility with Sjokoholiker is SUPER

:D

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » February 1st, 2012, 2:11 am

The compatibility name-dropping is the coolest thing.

Kasparius

Post by Kasparius » February 1st, 2012, 5:11 am

Your musical compatibility with MightySparks is Low
Music you have in common includes Sparks, Ultravox, The Beach Boys, Dion and Nena.

Music you have in common includes PJ Harvey.

Your musical compatibility with shesmylovernow is High
Music you have in common includes Love, The Beach Boys, Johannes Brahms, Television and Sparks.

Your musical compatibility with allya1 is Very High
Music you have in common includes Lesley Gore, Buddy Holly, Renaud, Jane Birkin and The Shirelles.

Your musical compatibility with Nopros is Very Low
Music you have in common includes Ray Charles, Little Richard, The Beach Boys and Men at Work.

Your musical compatibility with Wuzzawuzz is Medium
Music you have in common includes Love, Prince, PJ Harvey, The Beach Boys and Jacques Brel.

Your musical compatibility with lampadatriste is Very Low
Music you have in common includes Love, Procol Harum and The Beach Boys.

Your musical compatibility with Gorro is Very Low
Music you have in common includes Prince.

Your musical compatibility with bal3x is High
Music you have in common includes Ultravox, Sparks, The Beach Boys, Nena and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Your musical compatibility with nimimerkillinen is Very Low

Your musical compatibility with korvy is Very Low
Music you have in common includes PJ Harvey and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Your musical compatibility with Sjokoholiker is Low
Music you have in common includes Metric, Gene Kelly, Harry Belafonte, Ray Charles and Buddy Holly.

your musical compatibility with Lilarc0r is Very Low
Music you have in common includes PJ Harvey, Johannes Brahms, Sergei Rachmaninoff and Men at Work.

Your musical compatibility with ArthurYanthar is Low
Music you have in common includes Sparks, Television, The Beach Boys, Erik Satie and PJ Harvey.

Your musical compatibility with VincentPrice is Low
Music you have in common includes The Beach Boys, Dion, Prince, Buddy Holly and Ray Charles.

Obviously some of these would change if we listened and enjoyed to artists others liked and we didn't know yet.

It seems Bal3x and I agree on music as well :) and Allison, I think all that French music brought it to very high B)
Last edited by Kasparius on February 1st, 2012, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » February 1st, 2012, 5:17 am

Lesley Gore and Jane Birkin! The perfect combination.

Kasparius

Post by Kasparius » February 1st, 2012, 5:28 am

allisoncm on Jan 31 2012, 10:17:37 PM wrote:Lesley Gore and Jane Birkin! The perfect combination.
If you're talking about a ménage à trois, then yes...

whymse

Post by whymse » February 1st, 2012, 6:35 am