Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: Durak, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

LastFM

mightysparks
Site Admin

LastFM

Post by mightysparks » August 31st, 2015, 5:17 am

Although I think some of it looks pretty, mostly it just seems clunkier and less informative than before. It shows less information and takes up more room :shrug:

This looks nice:

but before that same space showed 15-20 artists..
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

jeff_v

Post by jeff_v » September 18th, 2015, 11:20 pm

Did they remove the feature that showed you which friends had listened to a particular artist (from the artist page), and what songs they had scrobbled?

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » September 18th, 2015, 11:50 pm

jeff_v on Sep 18 2015, 05:20:24 PM wrote:Did they remove the feature that showed you which friends had listened to a particular artist (from the artist page), and what songs they had scrobbled?
They removed everything that was of any value - at least for me. I would stop using that site completely, I just use it for scrobbling.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » September 19th, 2015, 10:38 am

jeff_v on Sep 18 2015, 05:20:24 PM wrote:Did they remove the feature that showed you which friends had listened to a particular artist (from the artist page), and what songs they had scrobbled?
That feature will probably come back when they are finished with the make-over. Removing it would be pretty dumb, even for Last.fm.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Noirville

Post by Noirville » September 19th, 2015, 11:24 am

last.fm brought back the unscrobbled artists in libraries a few weeks ago, and I was very happy with that, but now they've been removed again. <_<

I don't know why I use this site anymore.

tirefeet

Post by tirefeet » September 22nd, 2015, 10:44 pm

How do you remove an artist from your library? Couldn't find anything on this.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » September 22nd, 2015, 10:47 pm

Just do what I did and remove your account
Last edited by Pretentious Hipster on September 22nd, 2015, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 5th, 2016, 9:32 pm

Has anyone filled out the survey yet? I strongly recommend you to do so - I had a good laugh at the end. :D

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » February 5th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Ye, definitely an ummmm? moment :p

i wonder what they did with upcoming events, can't see them at all since layout changed

Melvelet

Post by Melvelet » February 7th, 2016, 9:24 pm

I love the better stats that have been implemented :)
Current recommendation: Angela (1995)

ImageImage

Current focus: Russia & USSR, 1000<400

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » December 12th, 2016, 10:30 pm

This is pretty neat.

epp

Post by epp » January 26th, 2017, 1:42 am

Now they've also added a weekly listening-report Link

Mulholland

Post by Mulholland » January 26th, 2017, 11:34 pm

epp on Jan 25 2017, 06:42:26 PM wrote:Now they've also added a weekly listening-report Link
Yea I'm pretty damned happy with this :D

tirefeet

Post by tirefeet » July 20th, 2017, 3:06 pm

How do you remove an artist from your library? Couldn't find anything on this.
I can do this again after like 2 years or something, yay. Lastfm seems to be back on track.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » January 4th, 2019, 8:50 pm

As was the case in 2016 and 2017, I didn't scrobble much last year.

RBG

Post by RBG » January 4th, 2019, 8:56 pm

you can see where i got spotify :lol: got my first smartphone in october
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 5th, 2019, 6:31 am

My 2018:

Spotify tells me Black Ballerina was my #1 track for 2018 though :think:
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » January 5th, 2019, 7:41 am

https://www.last.fm/user/nimimerkilline ... eport/year
"Top Tags
Electronic Ambient Black metal Rock Folk" :P
i wish i could multitask with music while on computer but i guess too much of it broke my brain and been like that for a few years so no more of that for quite a while - at least much

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » January 5th, 2019, 9:03 am

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » January 5th, 2019, 10:18 am

you're welcome, to follow me in case you want

https://www.last.fm/user/Lakigigar

mathiasa

Post by mathiasa » January 7th, 2019, 2:04 pm

my 2018 report

(it says New Record for scrobbles, but this is not true, I had a over 27k scrobbles in 2016)

follow at anna best

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » January 8th, 2019, 7:37 pm

mathiasa wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:04 pm
(it says New Record for scrobbles, but this is not true, I had a over 27k scrobbles in 2016)
I think they started this feature in 2017, so earlier years are not counted apparently. My record was 2011 with 14,828 scrobbles.

mathiasa

Post by mathiasa » January 9th, 2019, 10:55 am

@Lammetje: Ahhh, this explains it!

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » January 9th, 2019, 2:44 pm

and what i listened to in last 40 days.

RBG

Post by RBG » January 10th, 2019, 10:05 pm

just passed 10,000 artists!! :circle: took almost 11 years :unsure: thx spotify i couldn't have done it without you :worship:
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » January 11th, 2019, 9:51 pm

Lakigigar wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 7:47 pm
http://explr.fm/

I've taken a closer look at a few countries which surprised me. For Bolivia and Lithuania for example I have listened to artist names that are shared among multiple artists and explr.fm apparently just picked the wrong country. A pity that this thing has flaws, because I love the idea. Israel is pretty legit though, with over 2.6k scrobbles (almost exclusively goa & psytrance). Nearly half of my scrobbles are from the USA.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 9:59 pm

NEW RECORD :banana:

For the first time ever rock, and for the first time in more than a year, no electronic in top 5. Shoegaze as 2nd. Dream pop has become the new dominant genre.

this was 2018

RBG

Post by RBG » January 11th, 2019, 10:19 pm

Lakigigar wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 7:47 pm
http://explr.fm/
this is gonna take awhile :$ lammetje listen to more african music!

half of my scrobbles are from USA but so am i so no big surprise ;)
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » January 12th, 2019, 6:51 am

fori

Post by fori » January 12th, 2019, 8:20 am

These statistics look amazing, I’m tempted to make an account.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » January 12th, 2019, 8:37 am

Do I understand this right? Does LastFM only collect data of what you listen to on your computer/smartphone?

I rarely listen to music on my computer. I listen in these ways:
- Cd's, which I put in a cd-player, so it plays on the speakers in my living room.
- Vinyl, which I put on a recordplayer, so it plays on the speakers in my living room.
- Casting mp3's with plex (on smartphone) from NAS to Chromecast, so the music plays on the speakers in the living room.
- Smartspeaker in the kitchen, which plays mp3's from my NAS.
- Listening on headphones on my smartphone. I use mediaplayers that play mp3's from my NAS. I use this both at home and at work.
- Listening on headphones on my smartphone while being somewhere else. I use a mediaplayer that plays mp3's from an USB-stick attached to my iPhone (so I don't have to use 3G to stream music from my NAS while out of WiFi).

So which of these can be tracked by LastFM?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » January 12th, 2019, 11:12 am

joachimt wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 8:37 am
Do I understand this right? Does LastFM only collect data of what you listen to on your computer/smartphone?

I rarely listen to music on my computer. I listen in these ways:
- Cd's, which I put in a cd-player, so it plays on the speakers in my living room.
- Vinyl, which I put on a recordplayer, so it plays on the speakers in my living room.
- Casting mp3's with plex (on smartphone) from NAS to Chromecast, so the music plays on the speakers in the living room.
- Smartspeaker in the kitchen, which plays mp3's from my NAS.
- Listening on headphones on my smartphone. I use mediaplayers that play mp3's from my NAS. I use this both at home and at work.
- Listening on headphones on my smartphone while being somewhere else. I use a mediaplayer that plays mp3's from an USB-stick attached to my iPhone (so I don't have to use 3G to stream music from my NAS while out of WiFi).

So which of these can be tracked by LastFM?
dunno about those but if you own it you can legally download it i think? then just play them on foobar for example in backround, if you dont mind the extra work

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 12th, 2019, 11:41 am

It depends what you use to listen to the mp3s; ie, through iTunes, windows media player, Spotify etc. you download the necessary scrobbling app and it will scrobble anything you play through it. It won’t pick up on CDs or software that they don’t support.

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » January 12th, 2019, 2:26 pm

I hoped Icheckmusic was going to be an analogy site to cineast one we've got here, but the site has very, very limited database and is not progressing in that regard at all.

I guess Last.fm is going to be the site I'm looking for, but I've no idea if list-making is possible there.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » January 12th, 2019, 9:33 pm

mightysparks wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 11:41 am
It depends what you use to listen to the mp3s; ie, through iTunes, windows media player, Spotify etc. you download the necessary scrobbling app and it will scrobble anything you play through it. It won’t pick up on CDs or software that they don’t support.
For the mp3's from my NAS I use DS Audio (Synology), Plex and Soundtouch (Bose). The Bose smartspeaker doesn't even need the app. I can turn on music on that with a remote control. So I don't think anything can scrobble that. Outside WiFi I use iXpand (Sandisk).

Btw, I also play cd's in my car. Forgot about that.

So basically, LastFM is not for people who listen to music the old fashioned way.
ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » January 12th, 2019, 9:45 pm

nimimerkillinen wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 11:12 am
dunno about those but if you own it you can legally download it i think? then just play them on foobar for example in backround, if you dont mind the extra work
Owning doesn't give you the right to download, at least not in my country. You are allowed to make a rip yourself though, although there are restrictions on what media you may save those mp3's (and of course you can't share them with others). 99% of the mp'3 on my NAS are actually rips of my own cd's (roughly 2000), so I don't even need to download them.

Play mp3's in the background every time I put on a cd isn't very practical.

Although I love stats, I think I'll have to skip LastFM.
ICM-profile

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » January 12th, 2019, 11:16 pm

Mario Gaborović wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 2:26 pm
I hoped Icheckmusic was going to be an analogy site to cineast one we've got here, but the site has very, very limited database and is not progressing in that regard at all.

I guess Last.fm is going to be the site I'm looking for, but I've no idea if list-making is possible there.
rateyourmusic?

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » January 12th, 2019, 11:26 pm

Lakigigar wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 11:16 pm
Mario Gaborović wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 2:26 pm

rateyourmusic?
Apparently yes.

Btw I wanted to tell you that using Eurosong performers as starter pack for music from particular country wouldn't lead you anywhere. As you being an old user of those sites, I wonder how you couldn't move forward in taste refining. I mean, that's instant, ordered music which will be forgotten like next month already. On the other hand, I want to show you some bands of authentic image, who built aura around themselves, created their own art based on decades of audiovisual history...

I'd even call that tragic. Sorry for my honesty. :$

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » January 12th, 2019, 11:46 pm

i barely listen to other eurovision performers, and if it was, it was a long time ago (at least two years ago).

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » January 13th, 2019, 7:30 am

joachimt wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 9:45 pm
nimimerkillinen wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 11:12 am
Owning doesn't give you the right to download, at least not in my country. You are allowed to make a rip yourself though, although there are restrictions on what media you may save those mp3's (and of course you can't share them with others). 99% of the mp'3 on my NAS are actually rips of my own cd's (roughly 2000), so I don't even need to download them.

Play mp3's in the background every time I put on a cd isn't very practical.

Although I love stats, I think I'll have to skip LastFM.
about as practical as participating in forum challenges per movie imo, takes few extra seconds per cd