Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

Laki's top 50 songs

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

that's it for today. Lots of long & epic songs, that could/should have been higher perhaps.

Also i added The Cure - Plainsong on 56 (was initially a Grimes duplicate)
Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

71. yeule - An Angel Held Me Like a Child

Genre: Synthpop, Chillwave, Electropop
Sub-genres: Ambient Pop, Art Pop, Dream Pop, Ambient House
Descriptors: atmospheric, ethereal, female vocals, lonely, melancholic, soft, love, depressive, futuristic, alienation, lush, nocturnal, dense, science fiction

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

72. fka twigs - Thousand Eyes

Genre: Ambient Pop, Art Pop, Glitch Pop
Sub-genres: Choral, Progressive Pop, Deconstructed Club, Post-Industrial
Descriptors: introspective, female vocals, longing, progressive, melancholic, ethereal, atmospheric, lonely, breakup, love, abstract, sentimental, passionate, sensual, futuristic, lush, melodic, surreal, bittersweet, concept album, psychedelic

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

73. The Velvet Underground & Nico - Heroin

Genre: Experimental Rock, Art Rock
Sub-genres: Noise Rock, Drone, Psychedelic Rock, Garage Rock, Proto-Punk
Descriptors: drugs, sexual, raw, noisy, urban, nihilistic, avant-garde, eclectic, male vocals, female vocals, rebellious, hedonistic, dissonant, deadpan, apathetic, alienation, lo-fi, dark, psychedelic, introspective

Last edited by Lakigigar on February 2nd, 2021, 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

74. Kelly Lee Owens - Re-Wild

Genre: Alternative R&B, Art Pop
Sub-genres: UK Bass, Downtempo, Ambient Pop
Descriptors: female vocals, futuristic, atmospheric, ethereal, minimalistic, nocturnal, rhythmic, repetitive, calm, soothing, soft, warm, longing, rain, spiritual, cryptic

Last edited by Lakigigar on January 25th, 2021, 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Lakigigar wrote: January 11th, 2021, 12:50 am 67. The War On Drugs - Thinking Of A Place

Genre: Heartland Rock
Sub-genres: Americana, Neo-Psychedelia, Dream Pop
Descriptors: uplifting, male vocals, lush, introspective, melodic, passionate, longing, bittersweet, mellow, love, warm, optimistic, Wall of Sound, repetitive, lonely

(l) :cheers:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Lakigigar wrote: January 11th, 2021, 12:50 am 67. The War On Drugs - Thinking Of A Place
(l) good length too!

edit o hai Lammetje
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar »

75. Linda Perhacs - Paralellograms

Genre: Psychedelic Folk, Singer/Songwriter, Progressive Folk
Sub-genres: Avant-Folk, Ambient, Sound Collage
Descriptors: psychedelic, soothing, mellow, nature, peaceful, female vocals, melancholic, mysterious, pastoral, ethereal, acoustic, introspective, meditative, bittersweet, soft, hypnotic, atmospheric, longing, calm, love, surreal

So ahead of her time, mega psychedelic and hypnotic, eerie and intruiging. It's a song i associate with having a nightmare.

I discovered this a few years ago, some of YouTube weird recommendations, despite not having listened ever to folk or 70's music at the time, and re-discovered it. I'll check her album out.