Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

RYM Top 1001 Albums

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18793
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

RYM Top 1001 Albums

#681

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » December 13th, 2016, 6:37 am

Did you check out Kate Bush's live album yet? It's on the top 1000 now. 2.5 hours though geez

Also get on Corey Feldman's album and help me get it to the top 1000.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies | Letterboxd

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#682

Post by funkybusiness » December 13th, 2016, 6:54 am

I still need to listen to 50 Words of Snow.

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#683

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » December 13th, 2016, 7:59 am

Ettinauer226XL on Dec 12 2016, 11:37:39 PM wrote:Did you check out Kate Bush's live album yet? It's on the top 1000 now. 2.5 hours though geez

Also get on Corey Feldman's album and help me get it to the top 1000.
Given how much you adore Kate Bush, I'm surprised you don't like Regina Spektor more, someone I think of as Bush's clearest spiritual descendent. Maybe I've just forgotten you mentioning her before, but if you haven't really given her much of a chance, check out an album like Soviet Kitsch.

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#684

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » December 13th, 2016, 8:11 am

funkybusiness on Dec 12 2016, 09:52:11 PM wrote:#385. Vince Guaraldi — A Charlie Brown Christmas
I'd never seen the tv special before so I watched it about two weeks ago. It's amazing. So, I tried the album out. It's even better. I can't stop playing it. I've listened to it at least once a day since watching the special. I'm really having a hard time writing today. huh. Did you know Little Drummer Boy isn't some old song? Like, it was only a couple years old when this came out? I have this impression that all of the Christmas traditions I see every year go back centuries but most of them were invented or tweaked into modern existence in the 60s. weird.
This is truly an absolute classic, and it would be a huge mistake for any jazz fans to overlook.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#685

Post by funkybusiness » December 13th, 2016, 8:39 am

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Dec 13 2016, 01:11:14 AM wrote:
funkybusiness on Dec 12 2016, 09:52:11 PM wrote:#385. Vince Guaraldi — A Charlie Brown Christmas
I'd never seen the tv special before so I watched it about two weeks ago. It's amazing. So, I tried the album out. It's even better. I can't stop playing it. I've listened to it at least once a day since watching the special. I'm really having a hard time writing today. huh. Did you know Little Drummer Boy isn't some old song? Like, it was only a couple years old when this came out? I have this impression that all of the Christmas traditions I see every year go back centuries but most of them were invented or tweaked into modern existence in the 60s. weird.
This is truly an absolute classic, and it would be a huge mistake for any jazz fans to overlook.
definitely. it's perfect. the only 5/5 of that batch I posted. I think after two or three more times thru I'll move on to the bonus tracks edition.

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18793
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#686

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » December 13th, 2016, 8:39 am

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Dec 13 2016, 12:59:07 AM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Dec 12 2016, 11:37:39 PM wrote:Did you check out Kate Bush's live album yet? It's on the top 1000 now. 2.5 hours though geez

Also get on Corey Feldman's album and help me get it to the top 1000.
Given how much you adore Kate Bush, I'm surprised you don't like Regina Spektor more, someone I think of as Bush's clearest spiritual descendent. Maybe I've just forgotten you mentioning her before, but if you haven't really given her much of a chance, check out an album like Soviet Kitsch.
I heard that album 5 years ago. Hated it then, but it was 5 years ago so who knows what I'd think of it now.

If you like Kate Bush but want it to have atonal as fuck piano playing, check out Kristeen Young's Music for Strippers, Hookers, and the Odd-Onlooker. She opened for Morrissey and was apparently HATED by the audiences.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies | Letterboxd

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18793
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#687

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » December 13th, 2016, 8:41 am

funkybusiness on Dec 13 2016, 01:39:27 AM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Dec 13 2016, 01:11:14 AM wrote:
funkybusiness on Dec 12 2016, 09:52:11 PM wrote:#385. Vince Guaraldi — A Charlie Brown Christmas
I'd never seen the tv special before so I watched it about two weeks ago. It's amazing. So, I tried the album out. It's even better. I can't stop playing it. I've listened to it at least once a day since watching the special. I'm really having a hard time writing today. huh. Did you know Little Drummer Boy isn't some old song? Like, it was only a couple years old when this came out? I have this impression that all of the Christmas traditions I see every year go back centuries but most of them were invented or tweaked into modern existence in the 60s. weird.
This is truly an absolute classic, and it would be a huge mistake for any jazz fans to overlook.
definitely. it's perfect. the only 5/5 of that batch I posted. I think after two or three more times thru I'll move on to the bonus tracks edition.
K so I just listened to My Little Drum and it was pretty fucking awesome.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies | Letterboxd

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#688

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » December 13th, 2016, 10:00 am

Ettinauer226XL on Dec 13 2016, 01:39:28 AM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Dec 13 2016, 12:59:07 AM wrote:
Ettinauer226XL on Dec 12 2016, 11:37:39 PM wrote:Did you check out Kate Bush's live album yet? It's on the top 1000 now. 2.5 hours though geez

Also get on Corey Feldman's album and help me get it to the top 1000.
Given how much you adore Kate Bush, I'm surprised you don't like Regina Spektor more, someone I think of as Bush's clearest spiritual descendent. Maybe I've just forgotten you mentioning her before, but if you haven't really given her much of a chance, check out an album like Soviet Kitsch.
I heard that album 5 years ago. Hated it then, but it was 5 years ago so who knows what I'd think of it now.

If you like Kate Bush but want it to have atonal as fuck piano playing, check out Kristeen Young's Music for Strippers, Hookers, and the Odd-Onlooker. She opened for Morrissey and was apparently HATED by the audiences.
Just looked for Kristeen Young on PTH -- not there yet.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#689

Post by mightysparks » January 5th, 2017, 8:24 am

I accidentally listened to Neil Young's Harvest Moon instead of Harvest :facepalm:
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#690

Post by mightysparks » June 20th, 2017, 8:56 am

Still slowly getting through this list, 326/1001 so far...
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
#679. Fabrizio De André | Non al denaro non all'amore né al cielo (1971)
#615. LaSalle Quartett | Neue Wiener Schule: Die Streichquartette (1971)
#858. Alice Cooper | Killer (1971)
#506. The Mahavishnu Orchestra with John McLaughlin | The Inner Mounting Flame (1971)
#9. Led Zeppelin | Led Zeppelin [IV] (1971)
#500. Genesis | Nursery Cryme (1971)
#192. Yes | Fragile (1971)
#83. Pink Floyd | Meddle (1971)
#496. Miles Davis | Live-Evil (1971)
#327. Sly and the Family Stone | There's a Riot Goin' On (1971)
#752. Wiener Philharmoniker / Konzertvereinigung Wiener Staatsopernchor / Karl Böhm / Edith Mathis / Julia Hamari / Wiesław Ochman / Karl Ridderbusch | Requiem (1971)
#1000. Marek Grechuta / Anawa | Korowód (1971)
#69. Can | Tago Mago (1971)
#70. David Bowie | Hunky Dory (1971)
#948. Premiata Forneria Marconi | Storia di un minuto (1972)
#685. Charles Mingus | Let My Children Hear Music (1972)
#697. The Allman Brothers Band | Eat a Peach (1972)
#488. Caetano Veloso | Transa (1972)
#23. Nick Drake | Pink Moon (1972)
#91. Neil Young | Harvest (1972)
#136. Deep Purple | Machine Head (1972)
#142. Jethro Tull | Thick as a Brick (1972)
#448. NEU! | NEU! (1972)
#301. Milton Nascimento & Lô Borges | Clube da Esquina (1972)
#707. Big Star | #1 Record (1972)
#967. Randy Newman | Sail Away (1972)
#974. Rory Gallagher | Live! In Europe (1972)
#86. The Rolling Stones | Exile on Main St. (1972)
#16. David Bowie | The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972)
#915. Roxy Music | Roxy Music (1972)
#140. Curtis Mayfield | Superfly (1972)
#901. Maurizio Pollini | Études Op.10 & Op.25 (1972)
#723. Van Morrison | Saint Dominic's Preview (1972)
#581. T. Rex | The Slider (1972)
#482. Donny Hathaway | Live (1972)
#73. Yes | Close to the Edge (1972)
#243. Black Sabbath | Vol 4 (1972)
#580. Fela & The Africa 70 | Roforofo Fight (1972)
#119. Can | Ege Bamyasi (1972)
#232. Genesis | Foxtrot (1972)
#547. Wishbone Ash | Argus (1972)
#796. Various Artists | A Clockwork Orange (1972)
#866. Al Green | I'm Still in Love With You (1972)
#978. Santana | Caravanserai (1972)
#924. Steely Dan | Can't Buy a Thrill (1972)
#476. Miles Davis | On the Corner (1972)
#438. Stevie Wonder | Talking Book (1972)
#668. Popol Vuh | Hosianna Mantra (1972)
#222. Lou Reed | Transformer (1972)
#388. Novos Baianos | Acabou chorare (1972)
#684. Grateful Dead | Europe '72 (1972)
#118. Deep Purple | Made in Japan (1972)
#734. The Mothers | The Grand Wazoo (1972)
#940. Ennio Morricone | Giù la testa (1972)
#979. The Mahavishnu Orchestra | Birds of Fire (1973)
#599. John Coltrane | Concert in Japan (1973)
#114. Iggy and the Stooges | Raw Power (1973)
#639. John Martyn | Solid Air (1973)
#928. Alice Cooper | Billion Dollar Babies (1973)
#718. Paul McCartney & Wings | Band on the Run (1973)
#575. Tom Waits | Closing Time (1973)
#629. John Cale | Paris 1919 (1973)
#173. King Crimson | Larks' Tongues in Aspic (1973)
#2. Pink Floyd | The Dark Side of the Moon (1973)
#346. Roxy Music | For Your Pleasure (1973)
#120. Led Zeppelin | Houses of the Holy (1973)
#492. Bob Marley and The Wailers | Catch a Fire (1973)
#508. David Bowie | Aladdin Sane (1973)
#382. Bill Withers | Live at Carnegie Hall (1973)
#782. Al Green | Call Me (1973)
#518. Hawkwind | Space Ritual (1973)
#628. John Fahey | Fare Forward Voyagers (Soldier's Choice) (1973)
I listened to most of these a few months ago but have been listening to 1973 lately. Most of this bunch was just mediocre. I listened to Dark Side of the Moon while high since I have heard it before and I don't like Pink Floyd and it was a little more tolerable but still thought it was meh. I didn't like the Space Ritual album, except for Sonic Attack for some bizarre reason. A Clockwork Orange soundtrack is my favourite film soundtrack so obviously awesome and T. Rex too. Otherwise fairly unimpressed... still :P
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
metaller
Donator
Posts: 2849
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Contact:

#691

Post by metaller » June 20th, 2017, 1:59 pm

I totally forgot about this and have to get back to it. But on the other hand I was actually rarely in the position to give a good listen to an album start to finish recently.
Last edited by metaller on June 20th, 2017, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#692

Post by mightysparks » April 24th, 2018, 6:12 am

Getting back into this again a little. This is taking so goddamn long to get through lol. I've listened to nearly 400 albums, and am currently in 1976. I think there's been 2 new albums that I liked out of what I've listened to so far. It's pretty tough.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#693

Post by mightysparks » May 30th, 2018, 5:55 am

Still slowly working my way through. I'm in 1977 now, but I can't seem to find John Coltrane's Afro Blues Impressions on RYM :/
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image


User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#695

Post by mightysparks » May 30th, 2018, 8:33 am

funkybusiness on May 29 2018, 11:59:59 PM wrote:https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... essions-1/

??
Wow, it didn't come when I searched for it under releases, nor does it show up John Coltrane's page :/ thx tho
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#696

Post by funkybusiness » May 30th, 2018, 8:54 am

mightysparks on May 30 2018, 02:33:39 AM wrote:
funkybusiness on May 29 2018, 11:59:59 PM wrote:https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... essions-1/

??
Wow, it didn't come when I searched for it under releases, nor does it show up John Coltrane's page :/ thx tho
it's under live albums on John Coltrane's page, and you have to expand it to "Show All Live Albums".

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#697

Post by mightysparks » June 7th, 2018, 5:36 am

Townes Van Zandt's Live at The Old Quarter, Houston, Texas is easily one of the worst albums on this list. Probably bottom 5 at this point. Christ what a painful 90 minutes.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7067
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#698

Post by Gershwin » June 7th, 2018, 1:11 pm

I guess I'll need to check it out then. :lol:
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18793
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#699

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » June 7th, 2018, 2:01 pm

I only heard his self-titled album, but it was fantastic.
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies | Letterboxd

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#700

Post by mightysparks » July 2nd, 2018, 11:40 am

Anyone know where to find this: Keith Jarret - Sun Bear Concerts Piano Solo: Recorded in Japan?

Almost at the halfway mark... >_<
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#701

Post by funkybusiness » July 2nd, 2018, 10:32 pm

mightysparks on Jul 2 2018, 05:40:20 AM wrote:Anyone know where to find this: Keith Jarret - Sun Bear Concerts Piano Solo: Recorded in Japan?

Almost at the halfway mark... >_<
here's a youtube playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKp9yR ... ahlOI8XV_s

you do know it's almost 7 hours long all together, right.

User avatar
tourdesb
Moderator
Posts: 1987
Joined: May 07, 2011
Location: Puteaux, France
Contact:

#702

Post by tourdesb » July 2nd, 2018, 11:05 pm

funkybusiness on Jul 2 2018, 04:32:27 PM wrote:
mightysparks on Jul 2 2018, 05:40:20 AM wrote:Anyone know where to find this: Keith Jarret - Sun Bear Concerts Piano Solo: Recorded in Japan?

Almost at the halfway mark... >_<
here's a youtube playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKp9yR ... ahlOI8XV_s

you do know it's almost 7 hours long all together, right.
But 7 hours of awesomeness
Image Image Image

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#703

Post by funkybusiness » July 2nd, 2018, 11:09 pm

tourdesb on Jul 2 2018, 05:05:23 PM wrote:
funkybusiness on Jul 2 2018, 04:32:27 PM wrote:
mightysparks on Jul 2 2018, 05:40:20 AM wrote:Anyone know where to find this: Keith Jarret - Sun Bear Concerts Piano Solo: Recorded in Japan?

Almost at the halfway mark... >_<
here's a youtube playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKp9yR ... ahlOI8XV_s

you do know it's almost 7 hours long all together, right.
But 7 hours of awesomeness
of course.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#704

Post by mightysparks » July 2nd, 2018, 11:34 pm

funkybusiness on Jul 2 2018, 05:09:12 PM wrote:
tourdesb on Jul 2 2018, 05:05:23 PM wrote:
funkybusiness on Jul 2 2018, 04:32:27 PM wrote:here's a youtube playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKp9yR ... ahlOI8XV_s

you do know it's almost 7 hours long all together, right.
But 7 hours of awesomeness
of course.
Of sadness, probably :’(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#705

Post by mightysparks » October 13th, 2018, 4:22 am

Another album I'm struggling to find if anyone can halp; Deep Purple - Deep Purple in Concert (1980)

Ok this is actually on Spotify but has '1970-1972' at the end of the title which made me assume it was a different album...
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
sebby
Posts: 5780
Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Contact:

#706

Post by sebby » October 13th, 2018, 9:31 am

Gershwin wrote:
June 7th, 2018, 1:11 pm
I guess I'll need to check it out then. :lol:
Did you ever get around to it? Probably my favorite live album. Beautiful stuff. If any songwriter has claim to be called a poet it's TVZ.

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7067
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#707

Post by Gershwin » October 13th, 2018, 10:39 am

sebby wrote:
October 13th, 2018, 9:31 am
Gershwin wrote:
June 7th, 2018, 1:11 pm
I guess I'll need to check it out then. :lol:
Did you ever get around to it? Probably my favorite live album. Beautiful stuff. If any songwriter has claim to be called a poet it's TVZ.
Starting it on Spotify right now!
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#708

Post by mightysparks » October 20th, 2018, 12:28 pm

I've just finished 1981 and am now over halfway through this list :circle: Hopefully it doesn't make me another 3.5 years to finish...
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#709

Post by mightysparks » November 3rd, 2018, 2:39 am

RYM people really like 80s metal omfg
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
sebby
Posts: 5780
Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Contact:

#710

Post by sebby » November 20th, 2018, 11:29 pm

mightysparks wrote:
November 3rd, 2018, 2:39 am
RYM people really like 80s metal omfg
I was going to join ya guys doing the RYM top 1001, but....yeah. So much mediocre metal. Long-ass operas. Other unappealing things!

I think maybe I'll pick a genre and do the top 500 instead :shrug:

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18793
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#711

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » November 20th, 2018, 11:37 pm

The top 1001 list mighty is using is so old that there not be a point anymore because of all the newer albums making it.

Happy to see Daughters' You Won't Get What You Want album be #477 place and still climbing. It just came out last month but I would already call it a classic and one of the all time greatest albums.

User avatar
sebby
Posts: 5780
Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Contact:

#712

Post by sebby » November 20th, 2018, 11:56 pm

Is there any way to easily export rym charts to a csv file? trying to figure it out.

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18793
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#713

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » November 20th, 2018, 11:58 pm

Not to my knowledge, but you can exclude albums that you've rated so you can track the list that way.

User avatar
sebby
Posts: 5780
Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Contact:

#714

Post by sebby » November 21st, 2018, 12:06 am

Man I just want an excel file where I can strikethrough albums I listen to, highlight standouts, and jot little notes.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#715

Post by mightysparks » November 21st, 2018, 12:06 am

Most of them are still in the top 1001 tho, I’ve only come across a few that have been kicked out
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#716

Post by funkybusiness » November 21st, 2018, 12:08 am

Daughters are still at it? Damn I remember Hell Songs and that was ages ago. Hydra Head isn't even a thing anymore!

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18793
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#717

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » November 21st, 2018, 12:37 am

funkybusiness wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 12:08 am
Daughters are still at it? Damn I remember Hell Songs and that was ages ago. Hydra Head isn't even a thing anymore!
They were on hiatus but reunited. Their new music is terrifying. Basically 80s swans are back.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#718

Post by mightysparks » March 20th, 2019, 9:13 am

Can't find The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Live at Winterland. Can anyone help?

Trying to stick to 2 albums a day so I can finish this list by the end of the year *fingers crossed*
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10476
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#719

Post by funkybusiness » March 22nd, 2019, 11:29 pm

mightysparks wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 9:13 am
Can't find The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Live at Winterland. Can anyone help?

Trying to stick to 2 albums a day so I can finish this list by the end of the year *fingers crossed*
http://jazz-rock-fusion-guitar.blogspot ... ve-at.html

I think that's the same one

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29354
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#720

Post by mightysparks » March 23rd, 2019, 12:14 am

funkybusiness wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 11:29 pm
mightysparks wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 9:13 am
Can't find The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Live at Winterland. Can anyone help?

Trying to stick to 2 albums a day so I can finish this list by the end of the year *fingers crossed*
http://jazz-rock-fusion-guitar.blogspot ... ve-at.html

I think that's the same one
Awesome, thanks. I make a bunch of Spotify playlists in advance for each year and there's always a handful not on there. Usually can find them on YT but others evade me. I think there's only been one year so far when everything was on Spotify.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Post Reply