Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)
World Cup S4: Manager sign-up

Eurodance

Lammetje
Donator

Eurodance

Post by Lammetje » February 5th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Knaldskalle on Feb 5 2015, 10:14:17 AM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Feb 5 2015, 09:48:51 AM wrote:
Lammetje on Feb 1 2015, 03:14:15 PM wrote:Crap music?!? :satstunned: :'( It's one of the best songs ever made! :worship:
I have to admit that I've spent a few days trying to wrap my head around this statement, mulling over all the angles as to how someone could possibly think this. Of course, I thought you were joking at first, but then you later said you were serious.

I bet you're also serious as cancer when you say the rhythm is a dancer. tehe
No-no, no-no-no-no, there's no limit to bad taste.
What's so terrible about What Is Love? :'( I honestly regard a couple of eurodance songs as (modern-ish) classics. Apart from the ones already mentioned I love these as well:

And there's more where that came from. I'll admit that I consider them guilty pleasures rather than brilliant pieces of art, but What Is Love has to be one of the best. Anywho, eurodance fans unite and post your favorite songs here! Image
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
More memorable quotesShow
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Magenta Bob

Post by Magenta Bob » February 5th, 2015, 6:41 pm

I don't think there's anything to be guilty about, What Is Love is one of the greatest songs of the 90s. It's the others that are crazy :P

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » February 5th, 2015, 8:18 pm

not the biggest fan, especially of the ones you posted, but I've heard pretty much all of it before moving on to less pop electronic

a few that caught my ear and I have put in VK library

(track 1)

and the best ever

Future Beat - Destiny was my favorite eurohouse album, but it did not make my top 300 overall
Last edited by Armoreska on February 5th, 2015, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 5th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Magenta Bob on Feb 5 2015, 11:41:43 AM wrote:I don't think there's anything to be guilty about, What Is Love is one of the greatest songs of the 90s. It's the others that are crazy :P
:yas:

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

Limedebois

Post by Limedebois » February 6th, 2015, 10:34 am

Don't know if this is Eurodance (wtf is that mean), I call it gay 90' music
(La Bouche is a genuine stupid name for a group)

Talking about big mouth:

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » February 6th, 2015, 11:37 am

Some of the ones I remember:

My favorite:

As someone who has lived right through it, it's a bit hard to say where Eurohouse ends and other subgenres like German rave, trance and happy hardcore/mellow start though. I only heard the term eurohouse until way after these things were popular.
Last edited by Onderhond on February 6th, 2015, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » February 6th, 2015, 11:48 am

It's really fun going through this thread, reliving my early teen years. Some of the most awful music, I'm laughing my ass off on some of the clips. :lol:

Army of Lovers, can it get worse? :yucky:

Not Eurodance I think, but just some of those awful 90's stuff I remember. A group of which every song sounded the same:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » February 6th, 2015, 12:29 pm

joachimt on Feb 6 2015, 04:48:46 AM wrote:It's really fun going through this thread, reliving my early teen years. Some of the most awful music, I'm laughing my ass off on some of the clips. :lol:

Army of Lovers, can it get worse? :yucky:

Not Eurodance I think, but just some of those awful 90's stuff I remember. A group of which every song sounded the same:
disagree. I still love that whole album, guess this is my 1st fav'd album, had it on tape

probably does count as eurodance

the most irresistible track is this one
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » February 6th, 2015, 3:08 pm

I do recall most of these quite well.. I even liked some Dr.Alban back in the day :lol: At least the Swedish dentist had a bit more sensible lyrics compared to the others.. but it's not really fair to compare this to some more serious music, totally different things.

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » February 6th, 2015, 4:11 pm

Ha, I'm completely with you, Lammetje! :thumbsup:

And no, of course it's not high-brow music, but Eurodance is one of the damndest catchy genres in the world and I enjoy it a lot, once in a while.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

jeroeno

Post by jeroeno » February 6th, 2015, 4:21 pm

Now certainly you guys didn't forget this classic.

jvv
Donator

Post by jvv » February 6th, 2015, 4:31 pm

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » February 6th, 2015, 4:33 pm

joachimt on Feb 6 2015, 04:48:46 AM wrote:Army of Lovers, can it get worse? :yucky:
Didn't really want to do this, but:

One I did like (but not really the early 90s:

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 6th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Onderhond on Feb 6 2015, 04:37:39 AM wrote:My favorite:

This is nice, haven't heard it before.
joachimt on Feb 6 2015, 04:48:46 AM wrote:Not Eurodance I think, but just some of those awful 90's stuff I remember. A group of which every song sounded the same:
Another classic! :happy:
Armoreska on Feb 6 2015, 05:29:06 AM wrote:the most irresistible track is this one
I guess I should check out that album.
bal3x on Feb 6 2015, 08:08:39 AM wrote:I do recall most of these quite well.. I even liked some Dr.Alban back in the day :lol: At least the Swedish dentist had a bit more sensible lyrics compared to the others.. but it's not really fair to compare this to some more serious music, totally different things.
While I understand why you would say this, it still sounds a little condescending. It doesn't necessarily take seriousness or brilliance to create a good song.
Gershwin on Feb 6 2015, 09:11:24 AM wrote:Ha, I'm completely with you, Lammetje! :thumbsup:

And no, of course it's not high-brow music, but Eurodance is one of the damndest catchy genres in the world and I enjoy it a lot, once in a while.
:cheers:

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » February 6th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Never heard The Key, The Secret? That song was everywhere! Dodgem car music! (botsautomuziek) :D
Last edited by Onderhond on February 6th, 2015, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 6th, 2015, 4:47 pm

Now we're getting somewhere! Don't you just love DJ Bobo's accent? :lol:

Mysterious Times (l)

jvv
Donator

Post by jvv » February 6th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Another one you couldn't escape from.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » February 6th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Didn't mean to be "condescending", I just think you can appreciate there's a difference between music intended for the "legs" and the one intended for the "brain", these are apples and oranges. One is not excluding the other though, - this is actually similar to that discussion about movies when under 'serious' films there's always a thread with someone saying 'go watch a Bay movie'... as if people cannot enjoy both... the fact that I prefer to listen to VDGG or Gentle Giant does not mean I never listen to some more 'accessible' music. I think there's room for everything.

This one was huge back in the days:

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » February 6th, 2015, 6:49 pm

Lammetje on Feb 6 2015, 09:38:55 AM wrote:
bal3x on Feb 6 2015, 08:08:39 AM wrote:I do recall most of these quite well.. I even liked some Dr.Alban back in the day :lol: At least the Swedish dentist had a bit more sensible lyrics compared to the others.. but it's not really fair to compare this to some more serious music, totally different things.
While I understand why you would say this, it still sounds a little condescending. It doesn't necessarily take seriousness or brilliance to create a good song.
:lol: Just the slightest, gentlest non-praise of one aspect of this music from bal3x and there is offended pushback. I can't imagine what would be the reception to the opinion of this music from, well, pretty much 95% of everyone I ever discussed music with in my life. This is an appreciation thread, so I have no desire to give my opinion, but what is most shocking here to me is not that some Europeans still love this music; what's shocking to me is that some of you seem shocked that this music isn't necessarily held in the highest esteem by everyone else. That thought is just utterly, utterly, utterly amazing to me. :P

How's that for condescending? :lol: Anyway, if you can't read my tone here, I'm typing with a smile on my face, not with angry disgust. I mean no offense to any fans. Music is music, and most people love what they grow up hearing most. :P
Last edited by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on February 6th, 2015, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 6th, 2015, 9:57 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Feb 6 2015, 11:49:56 AM wrote:
Lammetje on Feb 6 2015, 09:38:55 AM wrote:
:lol: Just the slightest, gentlest non-praise of one aspect of this music from bal3x and there is offended pushback. I can't imagine what would be the reception to the opinion of this music from, well, pretty much 95% of everyone I ever discussed music with in my life. This is an appreciation thread, so I have no desire to give my opinion, but what is most shocking here to me is not that some Europeans still love this music; what's shocking to me is that some of you seem shocked that this music isn't necessarily held in the highest esteem by everyone else. That thought is just utterly, utterly, utterly amazing to me. :P

How's that for condescending? :lol: Anyway, if you can't read my tone here, I'm typing with a smile on my face, not with angry disgust. I mean no offense to any fans. Music is music, and most people love what they grow up hearing most. :P
I'll admit I overreacted a little once or twice. However, I don't think anybody is "shocked that this music isn't necessarily held in the highest esteem by everyone else". I just expected a bit more affection toward it (which eventually came). Now that that is settled, KINDLY GET OUT OF THIS THREAD, YOU HEATHEN! :angry: :P

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » February 6th, 2015, 10:01 pm

Lammetje on Feb 6 2015, 02:57:51 PM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Feb 6 2015, 11:49:56 AM wrote:
Lammetje on Feb 6 2015, 09:38:55 AM wrote:While I understand why you would say this, it still sounds a little condescending. It doesn't necessarily take seriousness or brilliance to create a good song.

I'll admit I overreacted a little once or twice. However, I don't think anybody is "shocked that this music isn't necessarily held in the highest esteem by everyone else". I just expected a bit more affection toward it (which eventually came). Now that that is settled, KINDLY GET OUT OF THIS THREAD, YOU HEATHEN! :angry: :P
I'll go, with this parting contribution (referenced earlier):

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 6th, 2015, 10:04 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Feb 6 2015, 03:01:43 PM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Feb 6 2015, 11:49:56 AM wrote: :lol: Just the slightest, gentlest non-praise of one aspect of this music from bal3x and there is offended pushback. I can't imagine what would be the reception to the opinion of this music from, well, pretty much 95% of everyone I ever discussed music with in my life. This is an appreciation thread, so I have no desire to give my opinion, but what is most shocking here to me is not that some Europeans still love this music; what's shocking to me is that some of you seem shocked that this music isn't necessarily held in the highest esteem by everyone else. That thought is just utterly, utterly, utterly amazing to me. :P

That intro still gives me the chills, so beautiful. (l) Sure you don't want to stay?

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » February 6th, 2015, 10:07 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Feb 6 2015, 03:01:43 PM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Feb 6 2015, 11:49:56 AM wrote: :lol: Just the slightest, gentlest non-praise of one aspect of this music from bal3x and there is offended pushback. I can't imagine what would be the reception to the opinion of this music from, well, pretty much 95% of everyone I ever discussed music with in my life. This is an appreciation thread, so I have no desire to give my opinion, but what is most shocking here to me is not that some Europeans still love this music; what's shocking to me is that some of you seem shocked that this music isn't necessarily held in the highest esteem by everyone else. That thought is just utterly, utterly, utterly amazing to me. :P

Looks like you're leavin' Ride on Time.

So am I.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » February 6th, 2015, 10:57 pm

Lammetje on Feb 6 2015, 03:04:46 PM wrote:
That intro still gives me the chills, so beautiful. (l) Sure you don't want to stay?
OK, then, one last one that's also been referenced but not included yet:

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » February 7th, 2015, 1:14 am

This was one catchy tune:

lampadatriste
Donator

Post by lampadatriste » February 7th, 2015, 1:30 am

A few friends of mine formed a dj act based on the concept of playing eurodance exclusively. This happened a couple years ago and since then they never stopped being booked.

This is a full set at a local festival

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » February 10th, 2015, 2:05 am

So who remembers this?

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » February 12th, 2015, 4:58 pm

I suddenly thought of this song. That's where eurodance reached an all-time low, I suppose.

RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 12th, 2015, 5:54 pm

I've heard that song before. Pretty bad, but funny! :lol:

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » February 12th, 2015, 5:58 pm

Gershwin on Feb 12 2015, 09:58:03 AM wrote:I suddenly thought of this song. That's where eurodance reached an all-time low, I suppose.

Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » February 12th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Onderhond on Feb 9 2015, 07:05:09 PM wrote:So who remembers this?

well, i do
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Level

Post by Level » March 9th, 2015, 11:08 pm

When that nostalgic feeling hits your spine..

HVM

Post by HVM » April 4th, 2016, 9:14 pm

1918 - 100 - 2018

HVM

Post by HVM » May 20th, 2016, 7:59 pm

The 90's shall live forever!
1918 - 100 - 2018

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » May 21st, 2016, 9:36 pm

But this is not a 90s song. :/

HVM

Post by HVM » May 21st, 2016, 9:47 pm

That's the best part. It's the spirit that counts!
1918 - 100 - 2018

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » January 25th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Bump!

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » January 25th, 2018, 9:35 pm

Is Bump the title of a Eurodance song? Could just as well be so. Remember the song called Poing? Was a big hit back then.

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 23rd, 2019, 8:37 pm

so I ranked all tracks on an album 4 the 1st time - one where popularity is a bit backwards

Ace of Base - Happy Nation aka The Sign (way to rename an album by the lamest song on it)
and it includes all official versions

1. Waiting For Magic (totally NOT the remix) - all-time 500 material
2. Young And Proud
3. Dancer In A Daydream - only song sang by just Linn (the best of the two) - all-time 1000 material, both not even singles WUT!
4. Happy Nation - all-time 2000 material
5. All That She Wants
6. Fashion Party - MOR!TAL! KOM!BAT! - sang by just Jenny
7. Wheel Of Fortune (Club Mix) - two club versions actually, they're similar, but only one is on the album
8. Wheel Of Fortune
9. Living In Danger
10. My Mind (Mindless Mix) - sang by just Jenny
11. Don't Turn Around
12. Voulez-Vous Danser
13. Moogoperator - strong album tracks that collectively would have been enough for me to fav the album even w/o the top 3
14. Münchhausen (Just Chaos)
15. Hear Me Calling
16. The Sign
17. Giving It Up (Ace Version)
18. Dimension of Depth
19-21... rest of the remixes - total filler
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » May 7th, 2019, 9:03 pm

haven't heard this mix in 15 years
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434