Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: La religieuse, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st), Match QFD: Estonia vs Russia (Oct 11th)

The TV Lounge

mjf314

Re: The TV Lounge

Post by mjf314 » January 30th, 2020, 9:01 pm

funkybusiness wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:56 pm
and David Harvey's lectures on Marx's Das Kapital, two different lecture series on Vol. 1, circa 2009 and 2019:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9qzXV ... lID3HLHe9Q
I watched the first 1.5 of the earlier lectures. So far I don't like it very much. I'm not sure if I'll finish it.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » January 30th, 2020, 11:20 pm

the newer one has fancy graphics and charts.

have you checked out great courses plus? that might be exactly what you're looking for. personally, there's one on language families that looks pretty interesting. for me at least.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » January 31st, 2020, 12:11 am

funkybusiness wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 11:20 pm
the newer one has fancy graphics and charts.

have you checked out great courses plus? that might be exactly what you're looking for. personally, there's one on language families that looks pretty interesting. for me at least.
I'd prefer a free course (and not just a free trial because it might take me more than a month to finish). I might watch the ancient greek history lectures next.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 31st, 2020, 12:59 pm

Just finished Death Note. Shortly after I finally started enjoying it, it got a bit dull for a while after
SpoilerShow
Light loses his memory, jesus did that drag on
and the pursuit for Kira was way less interesting than watching Light get more and more evil, and the way things had to change in the latter half of the series was a bit disappointing, though still enjoyable. Didn't really like any characters except for Light, and hated Misa; though she had her moments. One thing I liked about the show is that it's pretty unpredictable. All lot of the time it feels stupid, overly contrived and unrealistic - L is actually a total idiot with his crazy assumptions, that just happen to be right - but it allows the show to go in crazy directions. Overall it was a pretty fun series.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » January 31st, 2020, 1:42 pm

I don't remember Death Note well enough to talk about it in detail, but I remember that I liked the animation style. The story seems cool and smart if you don't think too much, but if you start thinking, some parts are stupid and unrealistic. Light does a lot of stupid things, but I guess if he didn't do them, the plot wouldn't have been able to move forward.

sebby

Post by sebby » February 1st, 2020, 9:26 am

Binged the final 8 episodes today. Actually binged most of the show this month. Stomach dropped a bunch watching it. Just so many incarnations of pain finely distilled into 26-minute segments. But hey, also funny enough to take the edge off.

Traveller

Post by Traveller » February 1st, 2020, 6:48 pm

Of the final eight episodes, I think the penultimate one was the best one and I would have liked it as the series finale. Overall one of the three or four good shows that came out of Netflix.
ICM
September Challenge: Image
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!

sebby

Post by sebby » February 2nd, 2020, 12:54 am

Traveller wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 6:48 pm
Of the final eight episodes, I think the penultimate one was the best one and I would have liked it as the series finale. Overall one of the three or four good shows that came out of Netflix.
I almost look at the last 2 episodes as two finales -- one for the crowd wanting a downbeat and dark end, one for the crowd wanting something a little more uplifting.

Ironically, though:
SpoilerShow
I see the last episode as more depressing. Everyone around Bojack went through terrible struggles of their own and achieved real progress. Bojack is still stuck in a point of realizing how destructive his actions are, wanting to improve and also face consequences for what he's done, but not yet being able to do more than the two steps forward, two steps back thing. That final convo with Diane was absolutely piercing. She, who he thought of as a kindred spirit, literally screamed out "I want to die" earlier in the season, but unlike Bojack did the work she needed to do in earnest. Kept on with the anti-depressants -- not even giving a single fuck about the associated weight gain -- uprooted her life several times, and finally made a real commitment to another person. Essentially leaving Bojack in the dust, not willing or able to be pulled down into his spiral any longer. Her not even being angry, just accepting it and thanking him for the experience he gave her was pretty heart-wrenching.
I also do want to give the show credit for making ostensibly annoying secondary and tertiary characters feel both important and loveable by the end. The "Ruthie" episode finally made me empathize with Princess Carolyn and was probably the biggest gut-punch of the entire show (other than maybe the Hollyhock letter). And with Mr. PB, originally my most hated character, you have this undying loyalty to his friend that finally hits a tipping point from a bothersome Hollywood bullshit friendship to something touching. I know it's partly the whole "loyal dog/man's best friend" thing, but man, it's easy enough to relate. We all seem to have one person like that in our life. Bojack is a complicated person that does horrible things, but Mr. PB is always there.

I didn't want to be another dude spilling words on the profundity of this show, but yet here I am essentially doing just that. I feel like it will become The Wire of animated TV as the years go on. Acknowledged as being painfully true to life, a masterwork that was under consumed in its time and subsequently will be pushed almost too hard by nerds on forums and in internet articles and on podcasts as a work of genius long after its end.

Traveller

Post by Traveller » February 2nd, 2020, 6:37 pm

SpoilerShow
True. For what he did Bojack didn’t deserve a good ending anyway. „Sometimes life’s a bitch and then you keep living“ captures it pretty well; that’s, for him, way worse than death. He has to live the (many) things he has done in his life. Everybody moved on (from him), and he knows why: the Hollyhock situation was handled perfectly; Diane could speak her peace too. Even Todd matured a lot (when he took Bojack to the beach).
Plus, there is also the fact that Sarah Lynn’s mother still profits from her death - Sarah Lynn’s story might be the most tragic of the series, which they too captured so well in episode 15.
So yeah, agreed, it was not entirely uplifting.
ICM
September Challenge: Image
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 2nd, 2020, 7:03 pm

This stuff makes me curious. I'll try Bojack Horsemen out.

I wanna find more lists for tv shows as I am curious, but I find that they are too riddled with imdb, reddit, and netflix fans who have garbage taste. I did discover Get a Life a few months ago and although some of the jokes didn't age well, it was a hilarious surreal deconstruction of the late 80s/early 90s sitcoms.

Any recommended shows like that? Or arthouse-friendly stuff.

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » February 2nd, 2020, 10:26 pm

Bojack's great. Sad it's come to an end, but also glad it's going out on high (I've got 4 eps to go but I'm confident they won't mess it up from here). If you do start, bear with it for the first few episodes, it took a bit to click

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » February 2nd, 2020, 10:39 pm

I actually really started enjoying it starting the 2nd episode. Felt surface-level and standard to me, but I clicked with its style of humour. 6 episodes in now.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » February 3rd, 2020, 12:12 am

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 7:03 pm
Any recommended shows like that? Or arthouse-friendly stuff.
I haven't seen the show that you mentioned, but I can give you a few arthouse anime recommendations. All of these are surreal and have unusual art styles.

The Tatami Galaxy
Mononoke
Gankutsuou

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 3rd, 2020, 1:15 am

I’ve started rewatching season 1 of Westworld for the 4th/5th time. God, I love it so much. Feels so nice to back in its world. So many characters I’d forgotten I missed. And quotes like Man in Black’s ‘good to be back’ and the stuff about guests returning ‘for the little details’ pretty much sum up my return to the show so far.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » February 4th, 2020, 3:06 am

Exciting news--Paranoia Agent is coming to Blu-Ray and streaming (via Funimation)! (it only took, uh...15 years)

Streaming starting tomorrow, Blu-Ray later this year.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/02 ... &utm_term=

Peter...is your social worker in that horse?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 8th, 2020, 1:50 pm

Finished season 1 of Westworld the other day. It's impressive that it still blows me away no matter how many times I see it. The episode where
SpoilerShow
Bernard is revealed to be a host
is just so fecking amazing, it doesn't matter that I know it's coming it still gives me chills. That whole scene is just so good, actors all on point. Made me cry a little this time too.

I wasn't going to rewatch season 2, but since I can't resist, I'm now 3 eps in. This is only my second viewing of the second season but I'm enjoying it a lot more. I felt like nothing really came together until the last few episodes but I actually really like the new direction it goes in. Although it has nothing on season 1 (I loved the trauma aspect, and especially the editing/weaving narrative mimicking trauma), it manages to continue the story, keep it fresh, go to a whole new level and still feel like the same show. It felt a bit messy and involving, but light 'binge watching' it instead of weekly eps is much nicer. I've also changed my mind on Tessa Thompson, who I really disliked the first time and just thought was an awful actor but I appreciate the character and her performance much more (particularly after seeing her in a few other things since, and she's really hit and miss).

A week ago or so I also watched the first episode of Sword Art Online, another show my bf suggested when we were talking about anime (he's only seen this, Death Note and Attack on Titan). I haven't watched more yet, but I really like the concept and am interested in where it goes. He said it's the weakest of the three, but he thinks it has the best world building.

One of my nan's also recommended The Fall and Dirty John. Neither are my type of thing, but I watched the first ep of The Fall and it was ok. Gillian Anderson looks amazing for her age, though. I'm going to try and watch a bit of both just so I have something to discuss next time I see her, instead of past lives and auras.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 » February 24th, 2020, 3:36 pm

I watched Manuel on the Island of Wonders. It was disappointing. I like some of Ruiz's films, but I thought this mini-series was boring.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 11th, 2020, 8:29 am

Bf and I started to catch up on the last half of the latest Bojack season last night. The show has always been hit and miss for me, but goddamn it’s terrible so far. I couldn’t even focus during the second episode, and had to stop and go to bed after it because I was so bored my brain wasn’t even functioning anymore. Boyfriend thought it was ok, but didn’t seem that impressed either.

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » March 18th, 2020, 10:00 pm

New Curb is the right kind of comfort food right now.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » March 21st, 2020, 8:14 pm

Re-watching True Detective season 1 just now. Great season

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 21st, 2020, 10:58 pm

I’ve been rewatching Altered Carbon since I saw season 2 was out and I didn’t really remember it very well. I do like the show a lot (and I love the world), but it has a loooot of ‘Netflix’ problems. The dialogue is really bad. Very generic plot devices. Character relationships and development are often rushed and/or just poorly done, eg Ortega and Kovacs have known each other like 2 days and go from ‘I don’t care about anyone but myself’ and ‘I hate you’ to being super close and Kovacs being a no-nonsense tough guy to detective partner man. The sex scenes are terrible. Every time Kovacs sleeps with someone my bf is like ‘oh no do we have to watch these people have sex too?’ Lol. He pointed out that they kept using them to rush the relationships: the characters would have no chemistry or anything between them to suggest that kind of closeness and then they’d rely on the sex scene to bridge the gap.

Also the only interesting characters are the new Kovacs and Abboud. Everyone else feels incredibly generic and flat. Kovacs isn’t exactly complex, but the actor playing the new one manages to give him something genuine. Ortega is terrible and the actor is the weakest on the show.

I remember bits and pieces as I’m watching but the only episode that really sparked my memory was my previous favourite: the one set on Halloween with the virtual torture and Ortega’s grandmother. It’s still a pretty cool episode, and set off a chain of some other cool eps, but we watched the big flashback episode last night and it was pretty poor filler. We had most of the information we needed already and nothing that happened was interesting or revealing enough to warrant an entire episode focusing on it. In my post about it the first time I said it had a nice emotional core but I must’ve been high coz it does not have that at all :huh:

Anyway, we’re nearly done with season 1 and I’m looking forward to seeing what they’ve done with season 2 but I’m hoping it’s less Netflixy.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » March 22nd, 2020, 4:03 am

Haven't seen Altered Carbon, but did you ever get to Season 3 of Attack on Titan?

I'm using my time off to watch The Expanse, a show I watched the first few episodes of when they first came out (they were released on IMDb for free). As much as I liked it back then, it was hard to get invested in a good show on SyFy (meaning, it was surely doomed to be cancelled and replaced with some trash reality TV show, probably ending on a brutal cliffhanger). But, lo and behold, the show has lasted for 4 seasons, with a fifth ordered. Well, it WAS cancelled by SyFy, then rescued by Amazon after a huge fan campaign. I'm in the middle of Season 3 and loving it.

Many call it "Game of Thrones in space" which is an oversimplification but...I think if you enjoyed the politics, mystery/intrigue, sprawling cast and moral ambiguity of Thrones then it's definitely a solid recommendation. I'd also recommend it to any fan of hard science fiction with its realistic world building and attention to detail. I plan to pick up the books once the series is done.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 22nd, 2020, 4:13 am

I haven’t even watched season 2 yet :( none of the downloadable versions work on my TV and I haven’t found an alternative option coz my TV sucks.

Couldn’t get more than a few eps into The Expanse, but I plan to give it a proper go at some point.

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » March 22nd, 2020, 8:47 pm

Man I don't watch anything that anybody else does...

I've gotten a little back into TV, particularly the last few days - it's easily digestible and right now everything difficult or showing life's hard realities is, well, hard to get down it seems. At the very least if I watch a depressing S. Ray film or two I have to follow it up with something fun. Anyway...

Up through episode 8 of Star Trek: Picard. Watching this solely so I can then watch Mike and Rich dissect it on RedLetterMedia, honestly, and it's got *barely* enough entertainment value to warrant that. I don't know that I'll be able to stomach a second season - thankfully there are only two more episodes of this one. This is pretty much everything that's been wrong with Trek for the last, oh, 20 years or so and almost nothing that was right about it before. Kind of like the music, that's about it. Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman, please go away.

And nearing the end of Bring 'em Back Alive, a brief 1982-83 series that, along with the similarly short-lived Tales of the Gold Monkey, was created to cash in on the wild popularity of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I saw a few episodes of each series when I was in high school when they were on originally, and searched for them for years (I long remembered the opening title music for both, especially) - Gold Monkey finally came out on DVD in 2012 and I watched that series with my mom after I moved back to Wisconsin in 2013 or maybe early 2014. This one has never shown up on DVD alas, and is currently only available in terrible dubs from VHS from back in the day, on YouTube and elsewhere. Episodes that take place mostly at night or in darkened interiors are practically unwatchable though the sound has been decent at least on every episode so that's something. Both this and Gold Monkey are very similar to each other and to Raiders in premise - 30something adventurer in southeast Asia in the 1930s, before the US has entered WWII, battling smugglers and Nazis (clandestinely of course) and savage tribes and carnivorous animals, etc, with lots of exotic intrigue, and with each series having a cast of half a dozen or so main characters, one or two of whom are untrustworthy and thieving. This one stars Bruce Boxleitner as Frank Buck, a real-life adventurer and animal trapper (for circuses and zoos), though it bears virtually zero relationship to reality. It's got a great bit of theme music, and Ron O'Neal is a lot of fun as one of Buck's companions, the haughty British-educated "Sultan of Jahore", but on the whole this is pretty low-rent Indy knock-off stuff and was better when I was like 16 or whatever. Gold Monkey I remember as marginally better, but that could be mostly the much better quality of the viewing experience talking. A bit surprising that both of these shows died so quickly but in those days American TV was still pretty cheap, and you had to get GREAT ratings if you spent a lot of money on a show, and though this stuff make look cheap to our eyes now after stuff like Game of Thrones with it's huge budgets, it was expensive by the standards of the early 80s and like nearly all science fiction and/or adventure stuff from the period - Logan's Run, Battlestar Galactica, Wizards and Warriors, Buck Rogers - it just didn't get a steady enough audience. I think people still weren't used to a regular diet of SF-fantasy-adventure in the media yet at that point either, certainly not on TV. Only recommended to the nostalgists like myself, really.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » April 1st, 2020, 12:47 am

I hadn't heard of either of those, but I looked up the intros. It looks like something I would have loved as a kid.

Does anyone else here watch Better Call Saul? It's always an artful, excellently made and acted series but it's been unusually good even by its own standards this season.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 1st, 2020, 2:16 am

Rick & Morty's gone downhill. Still interesting ideas some of them but execution's not that enjoyable. 4.04 is the worst one so far.
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » April 1st, 2020, 10:32 am

outdoorcats wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 12:47 am
I hadn't heard of either of those, but I looked up the intros. It looks like something I would have loved as a kid.

Does anyone else here watch Better Call Saul? It's always an artful, excellently made and acted series but it's been unusually good even by its own standards this season.
Yeah but I'm a bit behind, just catching up on season 4. Tis always well made but it's been a couple of years since i watched it so forgotten most of the plot

I'm using this isolation time for tv catch up. Also working through The Wire, finally.

pitchorneirda

Post by pitchorneirda » April 1st, 2020, 10:38 am

outdoorcats wrote:

Same than brokenface, I'm watching season 4 now, it's my favourite series but I found season 3 a little bit disappointing, I'm looking forward to watching season 5 that everyone seems to love

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » April 1st, 2020, 11:46 am

outdoorcats wrote:

I watch it too. Love it. But I always wait until the whole season is over, so I can see all episodes at my own pace without having to wait a week in between. Looking forward to the new season.

Meanwhile I started watching Better Things last week. It reminded my immediately from the first episode how great something really great is. It finds comedy in relatable realistic situations with full-fledged characters while having deep emotional understanding.

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » April 1st, 2020, 4:53 pm

Interesting, I actually have the opposite opinion, that it's a better show to watch week to week. I think this is true in general for shows that I love, that if I'm planning on watching another episode right after, I won't pay as close attention to the episode at hand than if I knew I was waiting a week. Not to mention, the weekly discussion on the AV Club's recaps in the comments section for BCS is always a great read, some of the smartest water cooler talk you can find.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » April 1st, 2020, 5:15 pm

Yup, another Better Call Saul fan here. This just might be the best spin-off series ever, IMO. This season has been great so far, especially the Saul and Kim dynamic. Rhea Seehorn should have a pile of Emmys by now.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Leopardi
Donator

Post by Leopardi » April 1st, 2020, 5:36 pm

Another big fan of the show here, too. I've said in years past it's my favourite show that's still in production, and I think that's still the case today. Absolutely magnificent.

Lonewolf, I'd been considering trying Better Things lately, I think I'll give it a shot based on your comments about it - thanks! :cheers:

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » April 1st, 2020, 10:32 pm

I truly don't understand why Rhea Seehorn keeps getting left out of the Emmys conversation.

After I'm caught up on The Expanse, Fleabag is next. Anyone seen it? The entire series is shorter than most miniseries.
Last edited by outdoorcats on April 2nd, 2020, 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

sebby

Post by sebby » April 1st, 2020, 11:10 pm

Lonewolf2003 wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 11:46 am

Meanwhile I started watching Better Things last week. It reminded my immediately from the first episode how great something really great is. It finds comedy in relatable realistic situations with full-fledged characters while having deep emotional understanding.
Better Things is fantastic and only gets better as it goes on.

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » April 2nd, 2020, 12:40 am

outdoorcats wrote:
I started a week ago after blazing through Breaking Bad earlier in March. It's great. Different than BB and yet still excellent. At the moment, I'm nearly done with season 3. For me, the one big hole in the series is the character of Kim, which I just don't think is well-developed. I'm hoping that will change in the coming seasons. The strength so far (besides the typically excellent production values) is the whole Chuck-Jimmy relationship, which I think has been the dramatic center of the series. Acting is superb all around.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 2nd, 2020, 8:56 pm

Late shows are basically vlogs now. It's much better.
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 3rd, 2020, 9:07 am

This doesn't really count as TV, but it's close enough.. a few weeks ago my bf and I were watching Youtube together and we ended up watching a couple of eps of the Ricky Gervais show (he had never seen it, but is aware of my old obsession). It's been quite a few years since I listened through the XFM/podcast (before I got depressed, I think), but it re-sparked my interest and I've been listening to the XFM show again. I think it's the 5th time I've listened to it now. It's still just so good. There's nothing I consistently laugh at so much, it's addictive.

lynchs

Post by lynchs » April 3rd, 2020, 12:26 pm

outdoorcats wrote:
Good, Very ! but It's good since the first episode :thumbsup:

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » April 3rd, 2020, 12:45 pm

mightysparks wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 9:07 am
This doesn't really count as TV, but it's close enough.. a few weeks ago my bf and I were watching Youtube together and we ended up watching a couple of eps of the Ricky Gervais show (he had never seen it, but is aware of my old obsession). It's been quite a few years since I listened through the XFM/podcast (before I got depressed, I think), but it re-sparked my interest and I've been listening to the XFM show again. I think it's the 5th time I've listened to it now. It's still just so good. There's nothing I consistently laugh at so much, it's addictive.
I love The Office (one of my absolute favourite programmes of all time). I like Extras although nowhere near as much as The Office. Still haven't watched anything else he did even though I watched both of them when they aired originally (I think I started The Office when it was already airing maybe during series 2 but a long time ago).

Any of the other Gervais programmes worth watching?

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » April 3rd, 2020, 1:13 pm

Aw man, I loved Extras. Maybe even more than The Office. I agree that The Ricky Gervais Show is funny stuff (it just uses animation to play out scenarios described in old podcasts between Gervais, Stephen Merchant and their friend Karl Pilkington, the poor guy they often have a laugh at). An Idiot Abroad was also a fun watch I thought. I recently watched the first season of Gervais' Netflix show After Life; it's OK but definitely not close to the par of The Office or Extras.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd