Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th), Favourite Movies (Mar 28th)
Challenges: UK/Ireland, Directed by Women, Waves from around the World
Film of the Week: Lean on Pete, April nominations (Apr 1st)

Music Lounge

sebby

Post by sebby »

I happen to think RTR is his best tour. Apparently he had to yell because he couldn't hear himself during the shows. But the energy and arrangements are fucking spectacular IMO.

As far as not a great singer -- not in the traditional sense, but I dig his voice. It's a shapeshifting thing that always suits his material, whether he's singing a protest song or country crooning or whatever else.
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Who gives a fuck if the singing sounds good or bad. At long as it suits the music, or is emotional, then it works. Plus, most of the time they are actually stylized, and when they sing formally they do a fantastic job.

Some highlights for me:

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: February 16th, 2021, 12:51 pm Who gives a fuck if the singing sounds good or bad. At long as it suits the music, or is emotional, then it works.
In some cases I agree, but often not. If someone sings emotionally but constantly out of tune in a way it hurts my ears, I can't listen to it. Bob Dylan didn't really hurt my ears yet, but he certainly sang out of tune a LOT during those performances.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

The band is not really for me, but Daft Punk broke up. They even did a youtube video announcing it:

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 4:33 pm The band is not really for me, but Daft Punk broke up. They even did a youtube video announcing it:

Damn. They were definitely “for me”, I’m a big fan. Sad news :( :(

But Bangalter in particular has done plenty of great work on his own, hopefully we’ll get more of that.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd
hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

What a sad clip, not sure what the underlying story is ? who wanted to stop, etc
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

dmn, didnt know bout Daft Punk

i found a docu on Slovenian punk that only Mario has checked (subbed)
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović »

Armoreska wrote: February 28th, 2021, 6:18 pm dmn, didnt know bout Daft Punk

i found a docu on Slovenian punk that only Mario has checked (subbed)
Hmm, that's only about their LATER bands which are nowhere nearly as good as the old ones. Ask anybody from former YU about these, nobody could name one.

Like anywhere else, it's EARLY stuff that matters - for example The Buldogs, who were a bunch of 15-year-olds when they rocked :party: